Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 9:28 pm
Cornfed wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 8:37 am
Yohan wrote:
October 31st, 2021, 8:28 pm
\All my family members are vaccinated 2 x (Pfizer who used civil clinics, and Moderna who used a military hospital),
same with my friends in Austria and some people I know here in Japan, European foreigners and Japanese
What a bunch of low quality trash people. Hopefully this will make sure they and their genes are expunged from the planet.
I don't think your hopes will become reality. Not vaccinated covid-19 patients in serious condition outnumber fully vaccinated covid-19 patients in hospitals ip to 14 : 1, it is the anti-vaxxer who dies.

BTW, did you read what Winston said?

Honestly, Cornfed, you would be the last man on earth who is qualified to call others to be 'low quality trash people', what about yourself, look in a mirror... :roll:
Winston wrote: ↑Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:52 am
So how many of you got the vaccine so far? Any side effects or weird feelings afterward? What about your friends and family?
-----
What do you all think? Please no ridicule or ad hominem attacks please. Thanks.
BOOM! :lol:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 3:21 am
As for @publicduende, like I said to the guy in south America, it's one thing to be skeptical of the dominant paradigm, another to get sucked into crazy Trumptardish conspiracy cults. The scamdemic is not a plandemic, though it might be human caused by experimentation at that Wuhan lab. It has long been obvious to anyone with half a brain that globalization (people like me flying frequently in crowded aircraft from country to country for tourism entertainment, to speak nothing of all the business travel) would eventually lead to another flu pandemic. Hell, they even had flu pandemics back in 1918, 1956, etc before so much globalization.

Corrupt politicians and their backers everywhere quickly realized that they could use the hysteria, which was much worse than previous hysterias because of social media, to steal money and grab more power, so that's what they did. Where there is democracy, politicians were faced with a tough choice: be reasonable and potentially be blamed for killing innocents, or be hysterical and wreck the economy and be forgiven because everyone else was hysterical and because they wrecked the economy for a good cause. Namely, protecting the innocents, meaning a bunch of elderly and other sick people one step away from the grave.

Covid-19 is indeed a real flu-like illness, and it can sometimes be serious in people who are not elderly and don't appear to have underlying health conditions. Same as some bad flus can be dangerous to apparently healthy people. So it's worth getting the vaccine, same as flu vaccines are worthwhile. Though I obviously wasn't worried about not having a vaccine, since I waited so long to get mine, same as I usually am too lazy to get a flu vaccine. If skeptical about the new mRNA technology, just get the Janssen vaccine.
I respect your opinion, @Shemp. However, if you have time and curiosity, please do give that PDF even just a cursory read. Among other things, it also makes a comparison of this one pandemic against the post-WW1 Spanish flu epidemic. It also explains why calling the mRNA genic therapy a "vaccine" is a classic case of lipstick on a pig. It doesn't turn the pig into a pretty woman.

That politicians are often corrupt, is a well-known fact. Perhaps for the first time in the history of humanity, these prolonged lockdown plus mass vaccination campaigns have given them the opportunity of looking good to their electorate ("it's all about public health and the greater good!") whil, at the same time, advancing the globalist elite's sinister agenda to a tee. Talk shooting two bird with a stone...this is a bazooka shot!

Countries which basically gave the mass vaccination hysteria the middle finger are not faring much worse than countries who spent month scaring people from going out and eating a pizza. Now it's Romania's turn: they are building a massive narrative about it because it was one of the few countries who simply gave up vaccinating their populace, especially those living in rural areas. They say ICUs and hospitals are full, with tens of thousands cases a day and thousands of dead. A few keen local observers pointed out that there are very few hospitals and almost no ICU wards in rural Romania...so they wonder how they could came up with the insane figures.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
Yohan wrote:
October 31st, 2021, 8:28 pm
All my family members are vaccinated 2 x (Pfizer who used civil clinics, and Moderna who used a military hospital),
same with my friends in Austria and some people I know here in Japan, European foreigners and Japanese
What a bunch of low quality trash people. Hopefully this will make sure they and their genes are expunged from the planet.
Come on don't say that please. That's too mean spirited and in bad taste. You should never wish ill will onto total strangers you don't even know. That's not good.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
Actually, Janssen uses older viral technology, which is one reason I chose it
Not true. Janssen is a viral vector vaccine which is new technology, not really much different from the mRNA vaccines.

You can't expect anything developed by modern scum (members of modern culture) to be safe. The Chinese vaccine uses older viral technology, but that is because the Chinese are not yet modern scum.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 5:29 am
Cornfed wrote:
Come on don't say that please. That's too mean spirited and in bad taste. You should never wish ill will onto total strangers you don't even know. That's not good.
Was God mean spirited and in bad taste when he wiped out most of humanity in the time of Noah? Things are the same now as in the time of Noah. The vast majority of humanity are vile scum who deserve to die.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

fschmidt wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 11:02 am
Shemp wrote:
Not true. Janssen is a viral vector vaccine which is new technology, not really much different from the mRNA vaccines.

You can't expect anything developed by modern scum (members of modern culture) to be safe. The Chinese vaccine uses older viral technology, but that is because the Chinese are not yet modern scum.
Viral vector technology has been studied since 1970's: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ector.html
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 5:24 am

Countries which basically gave the mass vaccination hysteria the middle finger are not faring much worse than countries who spent month scaring people from going out and eating a pizza. Now it's Romania's turn: they are building a massive narrative about it because it was one of the few countries who simply gave up vaccinating their populace, especially those living in rural areas. They say ICUs and hospitals are full, with tens of thousands cases a day and thousands of dead. A few keen local observers pointed out that there are very few hospitals and almost no ICU wards in rural Romania...so they wonder how they could came up with the insane figures.
Like I said, politicians have a tough choice: be reasonable and be accused of murder, be hysterical and be forgiven because they were just playing it safe. Journamalists have a similar tough choice: be reasonable and hence boring and lose their jobs because no viewers, or be hysterical and keep their jobs because hysteria is interesting and attracts viewers. I saw all this from from day one, which is why I don't waste time reading stupid articles like the one you want me to waste my valuable time on. The truth about covid is obvious (what I wrote previously) if you have common sense.

The real science of covid is the phenomenon of these periodic waves, such as is occurring in Romania now (and Ukraine where I just left). Why does covid come and go in multiple waves? Why not just one big wave? Probably within a single country or province or city or any division of society you want to make, humans tend to cluster. They mostly follow routines and see the same people over and over. So what happens is the virus spreads within clusters, then that cluster gets herd immunity and virus disappears. Later, it affects other clusters, and then those get herd immunity, and so on. I suspect some interesting science about clustering will come out of this, which will be useful in marketing and other areas of business and economics, in addition to epidemiology. Probably they will need to use tracking of human movements throughout the day (via smartphones) to fully understand this clustering and wave phenomenon. Of course, that will provoke a wave of hysteria about privacy issues. Hysteria and other mass mental illness also comes in waves until herd immunity is reached against the mental illness.

Meanwhile, you should be ashamed of encouraging hysteria and causing feeble-minded people like @rudder to quit their jobs and rush off to South America and make a mess of their lives. I am mentally strong enough to expose myself constantly to mental illness here at Happier Abroad, wackiest site on the internet, but others are weaker in the mind and easily infected with highly contagious hysteria, so you need to be considerate of such people.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 12:19 pm
Like I said, politicians have a tough choice: be reasonable and be accused of murder, be hysterical and be forgiven because they were just playing it safe. Journamalists have a similar tough choice: be reasonable and hence boring and lose their jobs because no viewers, or be hysterical and keep their jobs because hysteria is interesting and attracts viewers. I saw all this from from day one, which is why I don't waste time reading stupid articles like the one you want me to waste my valuable time on. The truth about covid is obvious (what I wrote previously) if you have common sense.
@Shemp

A shame you won't waste your "valuable time" reading the article. It's quite comprehensive in explaining the science (the biology) behind our immune response to different types of viruses, based on their ability to mutate. However lab-designed to be more lethal to humans, so with the ill-intent of being a bioweapon (then we could discuss how come it leaked, or "was" leaked), Covid-19 is still a flu virus and our body recognises it as such. It "knows" better than any politician or journalist or opportunistic scientist. The official survival rate for the general population (not elderly with prior conditions) is in the 99% anyway, so that should be telling of how much we are exaggerating, with the pandemic scare and all related containment measures.

By the way, I believe most journalists are not dumb people and know the truth when they see it. It's as you say: they are slaves of the system of propaganda, paid for by the usual conglomerates who largely also own Big Pharma, and they have to comply with the going narrative not to lose their job or, worse still in their profession, their reputation as "reliable" agents.
Shemp wrote:
The real science of covid is the phenomenon of these periodic waves, such as is occurring in Romania now (and Ukraine where I just left). Why does covid come and go in multiple waves? Why not just one big wave? Probably within a single country or province or city or any division of society you want to make, humans tend to cluster. They mostly follow routines and see the same people over and over. So what happens is the virus spreads within clusters, then that cluster gets herd immunity and virus disappears. Later, it affects other clusters, and then those get herd immunity, and so on. I suspect some interesting science about clustering will come out of this, which will be useful in marketing and other areas of business and economics, in addition to epidemiology. Probably they will need to use tracking of human movements throughout the day (via smartphones) to fully understand this clustering and wave phenomenon. Of course, that will provoke a wave of hysteria about privacy issues. Hysteria and other mass mental illness also comes in waves until herd immunity is reached against the mental illness.
Herd immunity, together with the benign mutation of the virus in more and more aggressive and less lethal forms, is the science behind every single flu epidemic raging for a few weeks, maybe a few months, and then vanishing. The virus has simply, "painted itself flat" around the population, until a majority has developed sufficient "immunological memory" to recognise and attack any of the remaining future mutations.

I believe in science as much as you and I don't believe in hysteria. I also believe in respecting people's privacy. Tracking people's movements, or their vaccination status, is a massive breach of their privacy and one that doesn't change the nature of how collective immunity is reached, or the speed at which it is reached. That's why, knowing that these elites are far from stupid, I have to assume ill-intent: these policies are in not place for medical reasons. They are in place to mold entire societies into complying in more and more authoritative forms of big-tech-designed, government-administered control.

That, in itself, is a trillion time mor worrying than the spiky flu.
Shemp wrote:
Meanwhile, you should be ashamed of encouraging hysteria and causing feeble-minded people like @rudder to quit their jobs and rush off to South America and make a mess of their lives. I am mentally strong enough to expose myself constantly to mental illness here at Happier Abroad, wackiest site on the internet, but others are weaker in the mind and easily infected with highly contagious hysteria, so you need to be considerate of such people.
I haven't been posting for a very long time and, as far as I remember, this is the first time I express my opinion about Covid-19 and what's been going on in the world. That article I posted, and which I invite anyone to read, is about anything but hysteria. It tells simple facts about our biology, our immune system, and how the virus could have been beaten long ago without masking up children, without destroying local economies, entire industries.

This is my opinion, too: if Covid-19 hasn't been beaten by now, like every single flu strain before, without spreading collective hysteria and without the freedom-killing mass vaccination, it means only one thing: TPTB want Covid-19, or at least a Covid scare, to be part of our lives for the foreseeable future. In fact, they are noticing that this particular manufactured crisis is the best yet to advance their agenda of total population control and, perhaps, digitally-controlled depopulation.

If you re-read my post, I didn't tell @rudder to quit his job and rush back to the Philippines or Colombia. In fact his OP clearly states that he is already abroad, jobless and contemplating to be back to the US, mainly because there is no meaningful way to make money for him over there.

I just told him that, ironically, there are quite a few people who would be happy to leave the US and be where he is. I do embrace his frustration, though, as having an income in these countries is virtually tied with one's ability of selling their services or products online. That's why I suggested him to maybe look into developing skills that can be sold online, like copywriting, testing software or writing software.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm
That's why I suggested him to maybe look into developing skills that can be sold online, like copywriting, testing software or writing software.
Out of those I would suggest copywriting. You can't generally snap your fingers and become a skilled software developer late in life.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 5:29 am
Cornfed wrote:
Thanks for this comment, Winston.

Whatever he means with 'low quality trash people' it remains the fact, that Japan is doing well.

We are here 125 million people, 77.6 % vaccinated ( elderly 65+ are 91.6% vaccinated).
Today we have only 3994 acute cases confirmed with covid-19. Many provinces report zero or very few new infections.
For us in Japan covid-19 is more or less gone, no special topic anymore in the daily news.

There are, since covid-19 statistics were created (February 2020), registered 18,268 deaths totally.
No restrictions at all. You can go out anytime, to everywhere. Nobody forced into vaccination.

Compare this data for example with Mexico, 130 million people (5 million more than Japan) and they report 288,733 deaths so far and 347,591 acute cases.

If you call people living here in Japan, like I myself and my family members 'low quality trash people' so let it be, I really don't care.
It is you and not I who is living with covid-19.....
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 7:12 pm
publicduende wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 6:52 pm
That's why I suggested him to maybe look into developing skills that can be sold online, like copywriting, testing software or writing software.
Out of those I would suggest copywriting. You can't generally snap your fingers and become a skilled software developer late in life.
@rudder

From an online resource:
Copywriting is the strategy of creating persuasive content for Marketing and Sales with the goal of generating conversions and sales. Some examples are emails, websites, advertisements, catalogs and others. The professional assigned to write and develop the “copy” is the copywriter.
I am not a copywriting expert but I do know that native English speakers can get decently-paid gigs once they have learned the trick of the game and have a few clients in their portfolios.

I personally know young Filipino copywriters, mostly in their mid-20s, who can easily make $2/3,000 a month. I don't know where you are but, in the Philippines, one can live quite comfortably with that money.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 11:58 am
fschmidt wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 11:02 am
Shemp wrote:

Viral vector technology has been studied since 1970's: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ector.html
I still wouldn't call this "older viral technology". Traditional vaccines present the whole virus. This uses another virus as the delivery mechanism and then produces spike proteins just like the mRNA vaccines do. It isn't a natural approach, so I think it would be much inferior for several reasons and it may be dangerous depending on the amount of spike proteins produced and what damage they do, which doesn't seem yet understood.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Shemp wrote:
November 1st, 2021, 7:40 pm
@Cornfed will surely want to know that I received the Janssen one-shot vaccine today, after returning to the USA last night from Ukraine, where I spent the last 16 months. (Prior to that was 4 months in Spain during the time of the Great Covid Lockdown.)

In a week or so, I will report any effects on my ability to get an erection and masturbate to @MrMan.
No thanks. Abillity to get erections is more related to Dr. House's expertise.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

I had my second shot of Sinopharm back in January, caused nothing more than some minor muscle pain at the site of the shot which resolved in two days. The muscle pain is caused by the reaction of one's immune system so it's a good sign apparently. Then 8 months later I caught Covid which felt like a bad flu, I had fever, extreme tiredness, and a mild cough but my lungs were not affected and all my symptoms were gone in 7 days. The Chinese vaccines are barely effective at preventing mild illness from the Delta variant though still remain effective against severe disease. Then about a month later I had a shot Pfizer which caused significant pain in my shoulder and a mild fever, two days later I was fine. According to research I've seen, 1 shot of an mRNA vaccine following an infection gives the highest immunity.

Covid was much worse than the side effects of the mRNA vaccine.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Aside from being belligerantly inflammatory, the premise of your post is completely false. I wasn't even on this website when I decided to head to South America.

Is it feeble minded to jump on a life raft if you know the titanic is about to sink? Or should I just go down holding your hand? I had spent my life savings on a permaculture farm that was my life-long dream, I was busy reforesting the upper slopes of the Amazon's watershed, planting 11,000 trees too busy to realize or care about the next media-hyped viral outbreak, just the next in a long string of them. I honestly didn't realize anything was going on until I was sitting at an airport waiting to return to the USA looking at all the bearded folks wearing masks and commenting about how brainwashed people are. People that play along with an obviously false narrative fueled by big pharma profiteering is really a threat to everyone's lives, and has certainly made a mess of everyone's lives. The evidence is all around us. Clearly for anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear. I can understand the first two months, when this was a little confusing. I'll give everyone a pass for the first two months. But if you can't see by now that this spade is just a spade, well then you are simply sticking fingers in your ears and shouting "I can't hear you!"

https://seemorerocks.is/meeting-of-the- ... malone-md/
Try pulling out the fingers, and giving these two feeble-minded people a listen.

Personally, I was at risk of never being able to enjoy my lifelong dream and the piece of land I had just sunk my lifelong savings into. I predicted vaccine passports would happen over a year before they've enacted them. I didn't want to be restricted from my land via coerced medical procedures like footlong Q-tips up my nose or blackmailed into a gene therapy with no long term studies. My haste was a success.

So yes, Shemp, or is it Shrimp? Sometimes a man has to make a choice between doing what he believes in and doing what's comfortable.

Can someone please ban this troll? Seriously... goes to a different thread and then tags me just to hurl insults at me based on some other thread that I started. Lovely moderation.