PAG/Culture Whiz is running Romance Tours? LOL WTF?!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: PAG/Culture Whiz is running Romance Tours? LOL WTF?!

Post by hypermak »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:39 am
It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that you are a low-level, service industry worker. You aren't a damn thing in the eyes of anyone who actually works to generate his own wealth. You work to enrich the people who own that hotel so your labor is being purchased and exploited. Don't be so proud of that.
Since I had the grace to tell everyone what I do for a living and even put it on my avatar, can you then tell us what you do? What sort of "high-level service worker" are you? You looking down on me because I am working for a F&A franchise instead of my family business means you don't know a damn thing about my industry. But you can't bothered to, can you? I work to build experience and credentials, which I can use to open my own franchise. Yesterday it was Malta, today the Philippines, tomorrow Tokyo, who knows.

As we say in Italy, "nessuno nasce imparato", nobody is born with experience. Perhaps you think you know it all because you could do you job well without actually learning that much? Good for you if that was the case, but not everyone is lucky enough to get a comfy paper pushing job.
Well, you and Shemp DO have a lot in common other than age. But at least he has some measure of financial independence to do what he wants. YOU DON'T!
You have a very immature idea of "financial independence". Freedom, financial or not, is not about living a lonely and selfish life, only serving and pleasing yourself. It's about having people you love and you care for depend on you, not necessarily financially but also emotionally. If you have managed your time and money wisely, there will be plenty to enjoy, on your own or with said loved ones. If you express yourself like this you really sound like the worst kind of MGTOW who never did anything of value to anyone else than himself.

In 30 years or so I will give myself some of the "financial independence" you are talking about. I am half your age and it's time to work, and work hard. And by the way I am having my sexy time now, without paying or giving away "allowances" to anyone. I really hope I won't have to look like a third world pimp like you when I get to my late 50s.
Who are you kidding? You are ANGRY, not happy. Happy people don't get all twisted into a knot because of others' good fortune. You're unbearably miserable and everyone knows it, even you.
Yes, I am angry towards you. Actually, not even angry, I am just taking the pleasure of giving you a taste of your own medicine. If you really have good fortune, you wouldn't have a weekly post with a random video from YT and a black list of members you don't like, just to prove them how happy and successful you are.

If you really are happy in your shoes, you wouldn't have to resort to bashing people anonymously on an unmoderated forum. What this shows is that you get your kicks out of it. It makes you feel better. Perhaps it's important to your well being, but certainly not to ours :)
Career? If slaving away in a hotel kitchen is a career, I feel sorry for you. I'd say you have a mere job, albeit one with a modicum of skill required.
Again, total, embarrassing ignorance. As one of the 2 sous chefs, I help my Exec manage a kitchen of 36 people (in shifts), I manage the menu, the stockroom and the supplier process, the display, the promos, everything. Since I arrived here I spent more time training people and designing the food prep than actually cooking for patrons.

Tell me what your job was, in fact, tell me what you do now, apart from hacking away on a forum and save your pension for the next batch of sugar babies.

Tell me what difference there is between you and me, apart from you being 25 years older than me, out of shape, and full of s*it :)
And if you were fu**ing as you say, you would not be so wound up all the damn time. Moreover, if you are fu**ing as you say, you are a prime candidate to contract Covid-19. Not the best thing to be doing now if you are having contact with peoples' food and other people who prepare that food! Long and short of it, it is clear that you are not. And even if you were, Filipinas are a huge shoulder shrug compared to what many of us require in women.
Covid-19 isn't that much of a problem over here. We have all been quarantined, which means some of the girls who normally only come here to work have been staying here for several weeks. More opportunity for sex, in my book, not less. Do you think your Ukrainian college students, those you are (allegedly) wooing with the mighty dollar, are much better? Based on what exactly?
Well I am glad you think my lifestyle is superior. I tend to merely think of it as the path I chose and implemented for myself.
The path of freedom after being a slave for 30+ years? Sure, one can only learn from that...
This is HA after all and healthier people than you do like to read about others' exploits and successes. Just because the lifestyle I lead is unattainable for you, there is no need to be such a crybaby about it.

And there are literally thousands members and lurkers on this forum. If I like to put the 5 or 6 psychopathic and mentally disordered members like yourself in their place from time to time, that just means they absolutely need it. Stuffing you back into place is not only for sport, it is justified to remind you that you and your "kitchen help" views don't matter.

If you couldn't make it in Italy, couldn't make it in Malta, couldn't make it is the UK, and you're not making in in the Philippines, than a pattern is established. You can hop from country to country, but perhaps it means you are simply not cut out to make anywhere.

Now hurry up and get those damn potatoes peeled, and don't make a mess while doing it!
LOL what if I told you you are one of those "5 or 6 psychopathic and mentally disordered members"? If lurkers have the time to go through our posts, they would understand that in a breeze. I wouldn't call pimping girls in Ukraine with your meager pension a success, at least not in my book.

If someone as classy and worldly as you can't even understand that it is normal for a food professional to travel around to gain international experience, you are just showing your ignorance. If you really have such an unattainable lifestyle and had dined a few times at top restaurants and looked at the staff, you would understand it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 10:08 am
It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that you are a low-level, service industry worker. You aren't a damn thing in the eyes of anyone who actually works to generate his own wealth. You work to enrich the people who own that hotel so your labor is being purchased and exploited. Don't be so proud of that.
Since I had the grace to tell everyone what I do for a living and even put it on my avatar, can you then tell us what you do?
He sponges off the American taxpayer. This is justifiably regarded as "success" by his kind.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

hypermak wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 10:08 am
Since I had the grace to tell everyone what I do for a living and even put it on my avatar, can you then tell us what you do? What sort of "high-level service worker" are you? You looking down on me because I am working for a F&A franchise instead of my family business means you don't know a damn thing about my industry. But you can't bothered to, can you? I work to build experience and credentials, which I can use to open my own franchise. Yesterday it was Malta, today the Philippines, tomorrow Tokyo, who knows.

As we say in Italy, "nessuno nasce imparato", nobody is born with experience. Perhaps you think you know it all because you could do you job well without actually learning that much? Good for you if that was the case, but not everyone is lucky enough to get a comfy paper pushing job.
Well, you and Shemp DO have a lot in common other than age. But at least he has some measure of financial independence to do what he wants. YOU DON'T!
You have a very immature idea of "financial independence". Freedom, financial or not, is not about living a lonely and selfish life, only serving and pleasing yourself. It's about having people you love and you care for depend on you, not necessarily financially but also emotionally. If you have managed your time and money wisely, there will be plenty to enjoy, on your own or with said loved ones. If you express yourself like this you really sound like the worst kind of MGTOW who never did anything of value to anyone else than himself.

In 30 years or so I will give myself some of the "financial independence" you are talking about. I am half your age and it's time to work, and work hard. And by the way I am having my sexy time now, without paying or giving away "allowances" to anyone. I really hope I won't have to look like a third world pimp like you when I get to my late 50s.
Who are you kidding? You are ANGRY, not happy. Happy people don't get all twisted into a knot because of others' good fortune. You're unbearably miserable and everyone knows it, even you.
Yes, I am angry towards you. Actually, not even angry, I am just taking the pleasure of giving you a taste of your own medicine. If you really have good fortune, you wouldn't have a weekly post with a random video from YT and a black list of members you don't like, just to prove them how happy and successful you are.

If you really are happy in your shoes, you wouldn't have to resort to bashing people anonymously on an unmoderated forum. What this shows is that you get your kicks out of it. It makes you feel better. Perhaps it's important to your well being, but certainly not to ours :)
Career? If slaving away in a hotel kitchen is a career, I feel sorry for you. I'd say you have a mere job, albeit one with a modicum of skill required.
Again, total, embarrassing ignorance. As one of the 2 sous chefs, I help my Exec manage a kitchen of 36 people (in shifts), I manage the menu, the stockroom and the supplier process, the display, the promos, everything. Since I arrived here I spent more time training people and designing the food prep than actually cooking for patrons.

Tell me what your job was, in fact, tell me what you do now, apart from hacking away on a forum and save your pension for the next batch of sugar babies.

Tell me what difference there is between you and me, apart from you being 25 years older than me, out of shape, and full of s*it :)
And if you were fu**ing as you say, you would not be so wound up all the damn time. Moreover, if you are fu**ing as you say, you are a prime candidate to contract Covid-19. Not the best thing to be doing now if you are having contact with peoples' food and other people who prepare that food! Long and short of it, it is clear that you are not. And even if you were, Filipinas are a huge shoulder shrug compared to what many of us require in women.
Covid-19 isn't that much of a problem over here. We have all been quarantined, which means some of the girls who normally only come here to work have been staying here for several weeks. More opportunity for sex, in my book, not less. Do you think your Ukrainian college students, those you are (allegedly) wooing with the mighty dollar, are much better? Based on what exactly?
Well I am glad you think my lifestyle is superior. I tend to merely think of it as the path I chose and implemented for myself.
The path of freedom after being a slave for 30+ years? Sure, one can only learn from that...
This is HA after all and healthier people than you do like to read about others' exploits and successes. Just because the lifestyle I lead is unattainable for you, there is no need to be such a crybaby about it.

And there are literally thousands members and lurkers on this forum. If I like to put the 5 or 6 psychopathic and mentally disordered members like yourself in their place from time to time, that just means they absolutely need it. Stuffing you back into place is not only for sport, it is justified to remind you that you and your "kitchen help" views don't matter.

If you couldn't make it in Italy, couldn't make it in Malta, couldn't make it is the UK, and you're not making in in the Philippines, than a pattern is established. You can hop from country to country, but perhaps it means you are simply not cut out to make anywhere.

Now hurry up and get those damn potatoes peeled, and don't make a mess while doing it!
LOL what if I told you you are one of those "5 or 6 psychopathic and mentally disordered members"? If lurkers have the time to go through our posts, they would understand that in a breeze. I wouldn't call pimping girls in Ukraine with your meager pension a success, at least not in my book.

If someone as classy and worldly as you can't even understand that it is normal for a food professional to travel around to gain international experience, you are just showing your ignorance. If you really have such an unattainable lifestyle and had dined a few times at top restaurants and looked at the staff, you would understand it.
And we see a response of triggered, seething, verbal diarrhea. Young man you clearly need professional help. I do hope you get it because you are a mess.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm
And we see a response of triggered, seething, verbal diarrhea. Young man you clearly need professional help. I do hope you get it because you are a mess.
I think I have been very clear. Laser-focused diarrhea :) Not my problem if you won't listen...

Now put me back on ignore and don't even try mentioning me in any of your future posts. If you do it, you know what's coming...more brown plasma :D :D

And by the way, why won't you answer the question about what you did/do? What is your so-called success based on?
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

hypermak wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:35 am
Winston wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Hey now thats kind of mean. Hypermak isnt a lowly kitchen help. Hes a chef. A chef is a proud profession isn't it? In France a chef has status. Probably so in Italy too right? A chef is usually the lead cook or supervisor in a high class restaurant right? I always imagined hypermak as being like the chef in the movie Ratatouille. Lol
Typing anything back to pathological narcissists @Contrarian Expatriate and @StanfordGuy isn't even worth the sweat.

I have never been mocked about my profession, not even when I actually was scrubbing pots and pans at 16, until I joined this forum. I had billionaires and celebrities shaking hands with me and my Exec both in London and Malta. That my creativity and craft is giving a wonderful experience to people who know and care about quality food (and are prepared to pay the premium) is all the validation I have ever needed, and I'll ever need.

I have been working in commercial kitchens from early morning till late night since I was 10 and loved every moment of it. And there is nothing telling me that this is going to change, in fact it could only even get better.

On the other side you have people who are clearly struggling to come to terms to who they are and what they are doing. The very fact they are constantly posting about their "latest" business and lifestyle activities while mocking everyone else who, according to them, is not "doing it right" is all the proof you need.

Like I said before, perhaps touching a nerve with both those people, I am certainly not the one who has anything to prove.

Sorry buddy, but you really have no future working in a kitchen. You better get a real job.

https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/fut ... d-30-years
Last edited by StanfordGuy on May 20th, 2020, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 3:57 pm
May 19th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Now put me back on ignore and don't even try mentioning me in any of your future posts. If you do it, you know what's coming...more brown plasma :D :D
Well, making you become unglued because of unresolved cognitive dissonance is amusing I must admit. 8)
hypermak wrote: And by the way, why won't you answer the question about what you did/do? What is your so-called success based on?
Three things here:

1. What on earth makes you think I need to somehow impress you? You are not important so neither is your opinion of me and my current life pursuits.

2. Didn't you just just complain (in this very thread no less) that you think I brag too much? So why on earth would you want me to describe all of that to you when would just feel that it is "yet more bragging" on my part? Make up your mind because you are contradicting yourself like an idiot unhinged.

3. Finally, I've already described what I now do in more detail than I should have. I didn't do it to impress anyone. I did it to plant the seeds of possibility in the minds of guys a lot smarter than you. Some of them actually contacted me via PM and they learned more. So if you are so interested in my entrepreneurial life now, do a forum search! God forbid I describe it again and you exploded to cry about how I am bragging. :roll:

But just to give you something to chew on, when you design your life so that you are able to do EXACTLY what you want to do whenever and however you want to do them is a successful life. I set out with with specific goals in my, I exceeded all of them, and I am now living life as the best version of myself and enjoying it to the max. I have dear friends and loved ones all over the globe, and I have the means to spend time with them whenever I want. My business interests are mostly on autopilot now and I make new deals periodically when I find them. I am healthier, stronger, and more fit than most men 20 years my junior, and keep my brain super challenged and active.

So THAT represents success in my view!

Success is not forever. Maybe I'll get in a car wreck, maybe I'll contract Covid 19, or maybe I'll have some ailment take me down soon. But in the meantime, things have never been better and I only wish more men had the opportunities to experience what I am experiencing instead of living "blue pill" lives of misery and toil.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 19th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Well, making you become unglued because of unresolved cognitive dissonance is amusing I must admit. 8)
Same here, I am having quite a bit of fun. But it's only because you started.
1. What on earth makes you think I need to somehow impress you? You are not important so neither is your opinion of me and my current life pursuits.
Because, judging from all of your posts here, you entire life mission seems to be showing off how successful/wealthy/healthy/lucky/sexy you are. If you are a Médecins Sans Frontières volunteer and spend your time saving lives in Rwanda, then you have all of my respect and admiration. Yet, something is telling me that all this self-centred, boastful and pretty arrogant character you are showing in here isn't that distant from your real self. Internet is an interesting place to hide and I might be wrong.

But this is the impression you give, not just to me but to everyone else on HA who dares measuring up with your opinions and ideas of status.
2. Didn't you just just complain (in this very thread no less) that you think I brag too much? So why on earth would you want me to describe all of that to you when would just feel that it is "yet more bragging" on my part? Make up your mind because you are contradicting yourself like an idiot unhinged.
I think everyone with good written English skills should be able to tell what they do (or did) for a living without having to do "yet more bragging". Reason I am asking is because you seem to have only one nail to your hammer: my profession. So I am asking you what's so special about yours that leads you to mock me as a pot scrubbing, potato peeling low key kitchen staff. Simple as that.

3. Finally, I've already described what I now do in more detail than I should have. I didn't do it to impress anyone. I did it to plant the seeds of possibility in the minds of guys a lot smarter than you. Some of them actually contacted me via PM and they learned more. So if you are so interested in my entrepreneurial life now, do a forum search! God forbid I describe it again and you exploded to cry about how I am bragging. :roll:
I am not debating about you wanting to plant the "seeds of possibility". This is a public forum and you're entitled to both express and "sell" your opinions on life and life choices. The trouble comes when you start believing that your life and life choices are the only possible path to happiness and success, or at least your definition of them. Not only you are blind to other possibilities, based on evidence, you attack them as something worth mocking, or fighting against. It all seems very ideological.

Look at the way you treated @MrMan, only because he dared being married with a (presumably) good woman from Indonesia. You pontificated that his wife was not a virgin and his marriage was just a convenience, when the evidence showed that they had been a good couple for many years. Or how you look down on @Shemp despite having a very similar lifestyle to his: your "college students" are all non-prostitutes who do it because they are fascinated by your charisma and wisdom, while Shemp's women are prostitutes of the worst kind. You give the impression that even if someone were to follow your advice to perfection, you would still consider yourself a notch and a half above all of them.

I might be younger than you but I am not stupid. I can tell that your boastful and judgmental online character hides a lot of insecurity and perhaps a lot of exaggeration. Again, my request to clarify on your job/business was simply a reply to your continuous provocation and mocking entirely based on what you think my job is, and you using this to portray me as a loser who had to come to the Philippines to find a job.

But just to give you something to chew on, when you design your life so that you are able to do EXACTLY what you want to do whenever and however you want to do them is a successful life. I set out with with specific goals in my, I exceeded all of them, and I am now living life as the best version of myself and enjoying it to the max. I have dear friends and loved ones all over the globe, and I have the means to spend time with them whenever I want. My business interests are mostly on autopilot now and I make new deals periodically when I find them. I am healthier, stronger, and more fit than most men 20 years my junior, and keep my brain super challenged and active.
That you have "dear friends and loved ones" with this kind of attitude, please allow me to doubt :) Maybe you are an entirely different person in real life and you come here only to vent the "worst" part of yourself, a secret hobby to release whatever stress and frustration you have. If that is the case, be my guest, but then don't be surprised if people criticise you. We only have this part of yourself to base our judgment on.

Success is not forever. Maybe I'll get in a car wreck, maybe I'll contract Covid 19, or maybe I'll have some ailment take me down soon. But in the meantime, things have never been better and I only wish more men had the opportunities to experience what I am experiencing instead of living "blue pill" lives of misery and toil.
That is admirable. Good for you. So, to close the diatribe for good and move on to better topics, can you tell me why your successful life story is not compatible with that of other people who made other life choices? Married people can't be happy and successful? People who are not self-employed or businessmen can't be happy and successful? Aren't you able to think outside your box?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Same here, I am having quite a bit of fun. But it's only because you started.
Because, judging from all of your posts here, you entire life mission seems to be showing off how successful/wealthy/healthy/lucky/sexy you are. If you are a Médecins Sans Frontières volunteer and spend your time saving lives in Rwanda, then you have all of my respect and admiration. Yet, something is telling me that all this self-centred, boastful and pretty arrogant character you are showing in here isn't that distant from your real self. Internet is an interesting place to hide and I might be wrong.

But this is the impression you give, not just to me but to everyone else on HA who dares measuring up with your opinions and ideas of status.
I think everyone with good written English skills should be able to tell what they do (or did) for a living without having to do "yet more bragging". Reason I am asking is because you seem to have only one nail to your hammer: my profession. So I am asking you what's so special about yours that leads you to mock me as a pot scrubbing, potato peeling low key kitchen staff. Simple as that.

I am not debating about you wanting to plant the "seeds of possibility". This is a public forum and you're entitled to both express and "sell" your opinions on life and life choices. The trouble comes when you start believing that your life and life choices are the only possible path to happiness and success, or at least your definition of them. Not only you are blind to other possibilities, based on evidence, you attack them as something worth mocking, or fighting against. It all seems very ideological.

Look at the way you treated @MrMan, only because he dared being married with a (presumably) good woman from Indonesia. You pontificated that his wife was not a virgin and his marriage was just a convenience, when the evidence showed that they had been a good couple for many years. Or how you look down on @Shemp despite having a very similar lifestyle to his: your "college students" are all non-prostitutes who do it because they are fascinated by your charisma and wisdom, while Shemp's women are prostitutes of the worst kind. You give the impression that even if someone were to follow your advice to perfection, you would still consider yourself a notch and a half above all of them.

I might be younger than you but I am not stupid. I can tell that your boastful and judgmental online character hides a lot of insecurity and perhaps a lot of exaggeration. Again, my request to clarify on your job/business was simply a reply to your continuous provocation and mocking entirely based on what you think my job is, and you using this to portray me as a loser who had to come to the Philippines to find a job.

That you have "dear friends and loved ones" with this kind of attitude, please allow me to doubt :) Maybe you are an entirely different person in real life and you come here only to vent the "worst" part of yourself, a secret hobby to release whatever stress and frustration you have. If that is the case, be my guest, but then don't be surprised if people criticise you. We only have this part of yourself to base our judgment on.

That is admirable. Good for you. So, to close the diatribe for good and move on to better topics, can you tell me why your successful life story is not compatible with that of other people who made other life choices? Married people can't be happy and successful? People who are not self-employed or businessman can't be happy and successful? Are you able to think outside your box?
You still seem obsessed with this idea that I somehow care about what you or any other person thinks. I don't. I like to provoke debate and have people rethink their false assumptions, and YOU in particular have many which is why you are so moved to go back and forth with me.

You also seem to think that I care at all about earning your respect or admiration. I don't. It is quite narcissistic of you to even begin to think the opinion of someone of your age and life experience matters at all to me.

Yes, I do trade barbs with MrMan and Shemp. They are grown men and they don't need you pleading with me to ease up on them. MrMan represents everything I am vociferously against and he gets his dose accordingly. Shemp is just a tempremental guy who gets extremely offended when people have opinions that differ than his long held ones. He lashes out and tries to insult but he pipes down after awhile until the next topic sets him off.

I am impervious to online criticism and people disagreeing with me and going berserk means that I have successfully challenged them and they are acting out. Later, people calm down and reconsider with time so that is how it works.

I am quite aware your anger with me is because I challenged your views on marriage and family life. That exchange was extremely fruitful and you kept asking the same things over and over again because you were outraged at hearing all you were taught was not true. I suspect that when it is all said and done, you will not be so bullish on the marriage model as you were before. That means I was successful (although I know you'll deny it.) And also note that I was not only interested in challenging YOUR views, but I was also cognizant of the fact that hundreds of others were reading that back and forth and coming to their own conclusions.

Finally, you can stop using the "Well you seem to me like so and so., I am unconvinced that you are happy., I think you must be insecure., I don't believe you have loved ones abroad.," nonsense. Again, I live my life for me and mine, not for you. I don't need to list who I know and how I know them, but suffice it to say that 2 decades of living and traveling abroad was very fruitful for me and that is why I am most out of my element in the United States where I am right now. So you can consider me a liar, an old crusty fart, an egomaniac, or a fraud. Angry disapproval comes with the territory of living the way you want, so you can stop projecting your personal insecurities and worries onto me when it is clear these things still concern you.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

May 20th, 2020, 12:08 am
You still seem obsessed with this idea that I somehow care about what you or any other person thinks. I don't. I like to provoke debate and have people rethink their false assumptions, and YOU in particular have many which is why you are so moved to go back and forth with me.

You also seem to think that I care at all about earning your respect or admiration. I don't. It is quite narcissistic of you to even begin to think the opinion of someone of your age and life experience matters at all to me.

Yes, I do trade barbs with MrMan and Shemp. They are grown men and they don't need you pleading with me to ease up on them. MrMan represents everything I am vociferously against and he gets his dose accordingly. Shemp is just a tempremental guy who gets extremely offended when people have opinions that differ than his long held ones. He lashes out and tries to insult but he pipes down after awhile until the next topic sets him off.

I am impervious to online criticism and people disagreeing with me and going berserk means that I have successfully challenged them and they are acting out. Later, people calm down and reconsider with time so that is how it works.

I am quite aware your anger with me is because I challenged your views on marriage and family life. That exchange was extremely fruitful and you kept asking the same things over and over again because you were outraged at hearing all you were taught was not true. I suspect that when it is all said and done, you will not be so bullish on the marriage model as you were before. That means I was successful (although I know you'll deny it.) And also note that I was not only interested in challenging YOUR views, but I was also cognizant of the fact that hundreds of others were reading that back and forth and coming to their own conclusions.

Finally, you can stop using the "Well you seem to me like so and so., I am unconvinced that you are happy., I think you must be insecure., I don't believe you have loved ones abroad.," nonsense. Again, I live my life for me and mine, not for you. I don't need to list who I know and how I know them, but suffice it to say that 2 decades of living and traveling abroad was very fruitful for me and that is why I am most out of my element in the United States where I am right now. So you can consider me a liar, an old crusty fart, an egomaniac, or a fraud. Angry disapproval comes with the territory of living the way you want, so you can stop projecting your personal insecurities and worries onto me when it is clear these things still concern you.
I don't care about what you are or think more than anyone else on this forum. It's simply an exchange of opinions, however heated and controversial that might be.

In our original post you didn't "challenge my views on marriage and family life". You started to mock and belittle me, @MrMan and whoever even entertained the possibility that there could be happiness in a committed relationship, as opposed to being entertained by different young women who give a darn about you as long as you pay them. That's not debating, that is spewing final judgments and refusing to see that there are other avenues to a man's happiness, perhaps riskier yet worth trying out.

I am not married and heaven knows if and when I will be but, unlike you, I don't rule out the possibility of finding my soulmate, here or anywhere else in the world, and starting a committed relationship, marriage being one option but not the only option.

For one last time hoping to clarify, I am not against you as a person. I am against your attitude, your idea that you have everything to teach and nothing to learn (anymore) and be damned the man who dares disagree with you.

From your reactions here you never sounded so "impervious to online criticism". You should welcome other opinions more and be open to other possibilities.

If you really are happy, more power to you, I am the last person who will be jealous or miserable about it. I agree with you, my happiness doesn't depend on you and viceversa.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 6:17 pm
Sorry buddy, but you really have no future working in a kitchen. Within 10 years we should have enough science to tailor food to our genome and food production appliance to help ensure that our food has the high nutritional value with a sensor that can detect pesticides, antibiotics and any other harmful chemicals in ingredients and food through electrochemical analysis to keep our bodies in tip-top condition.

[...]

Researchers are currently devising nanoparticles that give delayed bursts of flavor in the mouth, and earlier this year, a team of chemists created tiny magnetic particles that bind to and remove off-tasting flavour compounds in red wine while preserving its full aroma. The foods we eat are always evolving and new tastes are being created. By 2030, you can expect to be tucking into foods unlike anything you’ve experienced before. You better get a real job.
Interesting contents and your usual idiotic premise.

For what it's worth, I agree with the thesis that the two elements of the dining experience, nourishment and pleasure, will be more and more separate as gastronomy and culinary science progress.

On one side we will deal with world hunger by producing "functional food" that gives everyone access to basic nutrition. Aggregates of protein, vitamins and fibers, taken from sources with almost unlimited reproductive power like worms, insects and certain plants, are already a reality. Given how hooked the new generations are on food flavouring, nobody won't even notice the difference between real beef and a steak-flavoured maggot burger that has similar protein and fat contents. One can only hope that this food won't just be a business opportunity, but a real planet saver.

On the other side, freeing the general population from the risk of malnourishment or starvation means more and more people will expect their dining experience to be a source of pleasure, rather than nourishment. This is why, I agree, the restaurant of the future will be the equivalent of a Disneyland of the palate, offering the kinds of multi-sensory experiences you mentioned.

Molecular gastronomy has been around for 25 years and will only become more popular. What is needed for this discipline of food science is to become mainstream, economically accessible to the many. This can only happen when the R&D costs of developing the different "triggers" (how we call them) will be fully recoverd, or when synthetic equivalents appear at much lower cost, as it has happened in the perfume industry about 50 years ago.

As to your idiotic premise/conclusion, I would understand my job could be on the line if I was a kitchen aid. Chefs are the "engineers" of this evolution. We, or at least some of us, will be the ones bringing about this change. Restaurants who won't keep up with the evolution, as typical in any business sector, will be at risk of failing.

Speaking of which, what business has a "Stanford graduate" advertising dating tours in Ukraine on a forum like this? Do you even have a job to lose? You see how pathetic it is to show off "knowlegde" by plagiarising articles from around the web while getting a chance to bash on someone?

Post by Guest »

Numbers show real truthing....we post all day long time months years live life virtuality not realworld some not responsibility job or lonely retire or no vidogame basementman or migtow or bitterman need argueconfliction for starve egomania and so so many pretend false id makeup online fake life by avatarpersona

realife man focus realife realworld not have time post post post....understand serial suces busyman not live on forum for make silly oneuping other nolife poster.......look bossman owner only time come 1 or 2 time in month for averging so realy long regular in forum have so big time to live virtual with other virutalman so look at the contrarian for 10 years post averaging everyday can say he resident forumman so live happy aboard faking through avatarpersona

if contarian mision statment encourage self example why why only big talk bla bla bla child bicker rage anger 10 years.....everyman know online under computer screen have millions false bragerman....his self talking help noman only for feed contrarian egomania and output rage angryman because if real contrarian same avatarperson that and want use ownlife encourage other he need follow stanfordguy and wiseton make true self vlog no show to evident dream life and uplift other who want follow aboarding......stop false bla bla talk and follow the alfpha inspirators by show show show faction result the proof to win new aboarders

and we need self remind if busy for job for dating for girl for wife for family for selfimprovings not wise waste so so hours because reallife man important dwindle time lose for argue with lifeless forumrats.....contrarian pretend come encourage other poster same pduende say here for esl these weak nitwit excuse not senseful

realworld successman espectacularly profesion always overbusy undertime never waste energy online oneuping engagement with egomania keyboardmen so we make self look inward ask why why why give time for lost in cyberplanet....true realifeman not need so after wiseton warned hyperduende never ever dare kill europe dream again and he submit to wiseton commandment i then ask hyperduende stop feed egomania bad duende and if leave oldman contrarian alone to solitary comiseration and keep good humility silence duende autowin then go back realworld development more realife senior happy aboarder experience for share deeper but only brief occasion post positive as top status senior happy aboarder as everyday and win by quiet silence other get suck in become another lonely nolife contrarian ....shemp say forum gargbage gathering so why true realifeman with importance real life contactings or prestige job or family or dating is to get the energy and time of realife....if divert real life time to this dumpfire same destruction life and ruin same drink drug addict ruin life
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

hypermak wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 2:14 am
StanfordGuy wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 6:17 pm
Sorry buddy, but you really have no future working in a kitchen. Within 10 years we should have enough science to tailor food to our genome and food production appliance to help ensure that our food has the high nutritional value with a sensor that can detect pesticides, antibiotics and any other harmful chemicals in ingredients and food through electrochemical analysis to keep our bodies in tip-top condition.

[...]

Researchers are currently devising nanoparticles that give delayed bursts of flavor in the mouth, and earlier this year, a team of chemists created tiny magnetic particles that bind to and remove off-tasting flavour compounds in red wine while preserving its full aroma. The foods we eat are always evolving and new tastes are being created. By 2030, you can expect to be tucking into foods unlike anything you’ve experienced before. You better get a real job.
Interesting contents and your usual idiotic premise.

For what it's worth, I agree with the thesis that the two elements of the dining experience, nourishment and pleasure, will be more and more separate as gastronomy and culinary science progress.

On one side we will deal with world hunger by producing "functional food" that gives everyone access to basic nutrition. Aggregates of protein, vitamins and fibers, taken from sources with almost unlimited reproductive power like worms, insects and certain plants, are already a reality. Given how hooked the new generations are on food flavouring, nobody won't even notice the difference between real beef and a steak-flavoured maggot burger that has similar protein and fat contents. One can only hope that this food won't just be a business opportunity, but a real planet saver.

On the other side, freeing the general population from the risk of malnourishment or starvation means more and more people will expect their dining experience to be a source of pleasure, rather than nourishment. This is why, I agree, the restaurant of the future will be the equivalent of a Disneyland of the palate, offering the kinds of multi-sensory experiences you mentioned.

Molecular gastronomy has been around for 25 years and will only become more popular. What is needed for this discipline of food science is to become mainstream, economically accessible to the many. This can only happen when the R&D costs of developing the different "triggers" (how we call them) will be fully recoverd, or when synthetic equivalents appear at much lower cost, as it has happened in the perfume industry about 50 years ago.

As to your idiotic premise/conclusion, I would understand my job could be on the line if I was a kitchen aid. Chefs are the "engineers" of this evolution. We, or at least some of us, will be the ones bringing about this change. Restaurants who won't keep up with the evolution, as typical in any business sector, will be at risk of failing.

Speaking of which, what business has a "Stanford graduate" advertising dating tours in Ukraine on a forum like this? Do you even have a job to lose? You see how pathetic it is to show off "knowlegde" by plagiarising articles from around the web while getting a chance to bash on someone?
Blah, nothing stupid about the premise of what I said Public Dork. This is called automation. When food knowledge is inevitably transformed to bioinformatics and data knowledge, you will be completely useless. You may be able to develop a niche with old people nonchalant about restaurants, but future humans will move on to better things.

https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/wha ... s-30-years

We 're going to be able to model chemical data (taste) on computers with a few clicks of a mouse. Bioinformatics can improve the toxicological assessment of food making it even better. Bioinformatics will gradually expand the current trend of personalized choice in the food industry to allow consumers to match their food product choices with their own personal health. Consumers will have food devices in their homes that can make anything they want 24/7 a week. Thank of a nice food bar and something to drink. Of course taste will be 20x better than anything you can imagine. For example, tomatoes contain around 400 flavor compounds. And yet, just 26 of those compounds are critical to deliciousness. All 26 of those flavor compounds, furthermore, are synthesized from the micronutrients that make tomatoes so healthy—omega-3s, essential amino acids and carotenoids—suggesting the flavors we love are evolutionary cues for nutrients that our bodies need.

You see, your problem is you have little or no imagination combined with a giant ego. You 're going to have to work on that brah. You probably never had an half-ingenious creative idea in your life. I can see why had to move to the Philippines and don't have any friends. I'm not advertising dating tours anymore than AirBnB CEO is advertising meditating with a sheep. We're a platform. People can post whatever they want. https://www.airbnb.com/d/onlinehost Do you understand that?

Post by Guest »

StanfordGuy wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:35 pm
Blah, nothing stupid about the premise of what I said Public Dork. This is called automation. When food knowledge is inevitably transformed to bioinformatics and data knowledge, you will be completely useless. You may be able to develop a niche with old people nonchalant about restaurants, but future humans will move on to better things.

We 're going to be able to model chemical data (taste) on computers with a few clicks of a mouse. Bioinformatics can improve the toxicological assessment of food making it even better. Bioinformatics will gradually expand the current trend of personalized choice in the food industry to allow consumers to match their food product choices with their own personal health. Consumers will have food devices in their homes that can make anything they want 24/7 a week. Thank of a nice food bar and something to drink. Of course taste will be 20x better than anything you can imagine. For example, tomatoes contain around 400 flavor compounds. And yet, just 26 of those compounds are critical to deliciousness. All 26 of those flavor compounds, furthermore, are synthesized from the micronutrients that make tomatoes so healthy—omega-3s, essential amino acids and carotenoids—suggesting the flavors we love are evolutionary cues for nutrients that our bodies need.

You see, your problem is you have little or no imagination combined with a giant ego. You 're going to have to work on that brah. You probably never had an half-ingenious creative idea in your life. I can see why had to move to the Philippines and don't have any friends. I'm not advertising dating tours anymore than AirBnB CEO is advertising meditating with a sheep. We're a platform. People can post whatever they want. Do you understand that?
OK smartass, I am not Publicduende. Unlike you, I am not in the business of creating different characters every time I get sidelined or banned from a forum.

Now, when you say "we're going" who do you mean? Chemical engineers, molecular biologists, chefs, sommeliers and "noses", marketing experts? You clearly are none of those so stop associating yourself with people who are changing the world, or simply doing their jobs and advancing whatever discipline or art.

I don't even care commenting on the original topic as I see it as only a foul attempt to provoke me. The only thing I will say is, yes it's true we will be able to create food customised to our tastes at the molecular level, the same way we can paint once we buy some colours and a canvas, or make some sounds with a piano if we sit and press some keys. Yet not everyone with a canvas is a Raffaello, not everyone in front of a piano is a Mozart.

Food design and preparation is an art that takes time and craft to master. Knowing the patron's acquired tastes is important, but more so is to interpret those tastes and go beyond them in order to create something new and surprising. The key word in real gastronomy is "surprise me", not "please me". It's about creating an experience that goes beyond the ordinary.

If there is one thing chefs like me have is imagination, dumbass. That's how you get hired by international A&F groups and that is what gives us the edge over the average commissary cook, or food processor operator, no matter how sophisticated. Apart from the personal reasons why I am here, do you know that Manila is a relatively good destination in terms of high cuisine spots, especially with the influx of rich patrons and investors from China, South Korea, Malaysia, Australia etc. For a self-proclaimed "culture whiz", you should know better.

You clearly are the typical guy who feels on top of the world with a laptop and Google. You have far more time in your hands than talent, or skills. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't insist on being such an arrogant a**hole.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

StanfordGuy wrote:

You see, your problem is you have little or no imagination combined with a giant ego. You 're going to have to work on that brah. You probably never had an half-ingenious creative idea in your life. I can see why had to move to the Philippines and don't have any friends. I'm not advertising dating tours anymore than AirBnB CEO is advertising meditating with a sheep. We're a platform. People can post whatever they want. https://www.airbnb.com/d/onlinehost Do you understand that?
OK smartass, I am not Publicduende. Unlike you, I am not in the business of creating different characters every time I get sidelined or banned from a forum.

Now, when you say "we're going" who do you mean? Chemical engineers, molecular biologists, chefs, sommeliers and "noses", marketing experts? You clearly are none of those so stop associating yourself with people who are changing the world, or simply doing their jobs and advancing whatever discipline or art.

I don't even care commenting on the original topic as I see it as only a foul attempt to provoke me. The only thing I will say is, yes it's true we will be able to create food customised to our tastes at the molecular level, the same way we can paint once we buy some colours and a canvas, or make some sounds with a piano if we sit and press some keys. Yet not everyone with a canvas is a Raffaello, not everyone in front of a piano is a Mozart.

Food design and preparation is an art that takes time and craft to master. Knowing the patron's acquired tastes is important, but more so is to interpret those tastes and go beyond them in order to create something new and surprising. The key word in real gastronomy is "surprise me", not "please me". It's about creating an experience that goes beyond the ordinary.

If there is one thing chefs like me have is imagination, dumbass. That's how you get hired by international A&F groups and that is what gives us the edge over the average commissary cook, or food processor operator, no matter how sophisticated. Apart from the personal reasons why I am here, do you know that Manila is a relatively good destination in terms of high cuisine spots, especially with the influx of rich patrons and investors from China, South Korea, Malaysia, Australia etc. For a self-proclaimed "culture whiz", you should know better.

You clearly are the typical guy who feels on top of the world with a laptop and Google. You have far more time in your hands than talent, or skills. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't such a toxic, arrogant a**hole.
StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

hypermak wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:53 pm
StanfordGuy wrote:

You clearly are the typical guy who feels on top of the world with a laptop and Google. You have far more time in your hands than talent, or skills. It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't such a toxic, arrogant a**hole.
Blah, clearly, you don't know the importance of Venture Capital in the development of this world. R&D costs money, and as a venture capitalist, scientists and engineers come to me to get support and resources. I'm personally responsible for 35% of food bioinformatics and data knowledge. My artificial general intelligence system (https://bit.ly/2XfZhyv) has narrowed almost every human disease to bacterium / fungi influence so that scientists can conduct a full-scale analysis.

https://bit.ly/3cU7mj0

https://bit.ly/3cSbJen

I'm a chemical engineer, molecular biologist, computer/medical scientist, artist, historian, real estate developer, millionaire, chef, comedian, DJ and future Nobel Prize winner. However, that is all primitive human stuff. I serve a much larger cosmic agenda

https://bit.ly/3e2XXWr

https://bit.ly/2XhT6tB