Best countries to flee to (from America) in the age of coronavirus

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
SonicHero
Freshman Poster

Re: Best countries to flee to (from America) in the age of coronavirus

Post by SonicHero »

Yohan wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:50 am
Boxman wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 8:56 pm
In this current era of mass insanity with the bullsh*t coronavirus scare and this manufactured race war looming on the horizon, what are the best countries to flee to? I've been meticulously planning my exit for years, and have now amassed enough passive income from my rentals that I can live comfortably anywhere that isn't ridiculously expensive (like Tokyo or Stockholm for example). So my point is, I could go anywhere.

You guys keep up not just with the insanity in the west, but you keep up with the rest of the world also. Which nations are looking the most attractive for a reasonably well-funded white guy in his late 40's? I just want to find a good woman, settle down and raise a family somewhere relatively free of coronavirus fearmongering, not overly contaminated with feminist dogma and loony left nonsense, and preferably safe.

Any suggestions?
I am living in Japan since 1976 and also retired in Japan, but moved after retirement from Tokyo to a smaller city - Okayama - with a lot more green and much cheaper real estate prices - never divorced, Japanese wife and 2 daughters also adults now. Very satisfied with everything - much better for me than anywhere in Europe.

The entire Okayama province has about 2 million people totally, so far only 25 confirmed corona infections, all recovered, nobody died, since about 3 weeks not even a single patient in the hospital isolation.
All Japanese and legal foreigners have obligatory Japanese health insurance, medical bills are no problem.

The city has about 700.000 people, not really so small by Western standard, all is available, I am about 3 miles out of the city center, and everything here is OK, no feminist here, very few foreigners, and it is also perfectly safe, you can go out day and night to everywhere, nothing to worry about. I have car and motorcycle, but there is public transport available very near to my home (about 90 buses per day) to the city center/railway station.

Of course Japan is not everybody's preference, not suitable for everybody - not so many foreigners there, about 2.9 million people (mostly Asians) - total Japanese population is now 126 million people.

About 'expensive' - major cities in Japan (Greater Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka) have about the same rating as New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Geneve, Singapore, HongKong etc. - if you have your own money and retirement allowance as in my case, smaller, not internationally known cities and rural areas in Japan are much cheaper for living - however no jobs available for foreigners. In my case, we do not pay rent and we have no loans, we are owners of our condominium unit, only pay monthly services fees (elevator, garage for 2 cars, cleaning etc.) and utilites (electricity, water, gas supply, garbage collection etc.)

Japan still has a lot of green area with little population, it offers outside of the large cities much more open space than South Korea and Taiwan, which offer similar good living standard. It is also politically more stable than our two neighbors.

For me Japan was a good choice, I do not regret I moved away from Europe for always. I never came back...
Sounds good, after living there for so long, I want to ask, would you recommend japan as a good place to find a wife? Why or Why not?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Let me narrow this extremely important question down to a single criterion: Is there any place to go that doesn't require the face diapers? That's where I'm headed, but I'm not coming up with any.

BTW, Biden said yesterday that if elected he will issue an executive order requiring the diapers all over the country. So that would be after he gets inaugurated in late January, seven months from now. The "new normal" -- fearful freaks doing everything they can to avoid each other, indefinitely. Anybody still think this farce has anything at all to do with public health rather than mass control? Obviously beset with senile dementia, Biden is the perfect candidate in a country that has turned into an insane asylum.

I knew there were some bad actors out there trying to destroy national sovereignty and institute one-world government, but I never imagined I would live to see a time like this.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

gsjackson wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Let me narrow this extremely important question down to a single criterion: Is there any place to go that doesn't require the face diapers? That's where I'm headed, but I'm not coming up with any.

BTW, Biden said yesterday that if elected he will issue an executive order requiring the diapers all over the country. So that would be after he gets inaugurated in late January, seven months from now. The "new normal" -- fearful freaks doing everything they can to avoid each other, indefinitely. Anybody still think this farce has anything at all to do with public health rather than mass control? Obviously beset with senile dementia, Biden is the perfect candidate in a country that has turned into an insane asylum.

I knew there were some bad actors out there trying to destroy national sovereignty and institute one-world government, but I never imagined I would live to see a time like this.
I have been asked to wear a mask only twice in the last 2 months. Those where in North Florida and North Georgia and both were just store policies, not local government requirements.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

gsjackson wrote:

Technically, Sweden.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@hypermak There will also be many countries where people won't follow the laws so he isn't only limited to the countries that don't require face masks.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:24 am
@hypermak There will also be many countries where people won't follow the laws so he isn't only limited to the countries that don't require face masks.

Two and a half months after this rant here we are: still living in hell, and most people not just acquiescing, but helping to enforce the madness with sermons, virtue signaling and harassment of non-compliers. I haven't spent one second being concerned about the latest virus making the rounds, but I'm finding a new kind of stress to be about as debilitating as fear -- believing that you now live in an insane asylum where rationality will never again get a hearing.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Jul 1, 2020
How I Escaped From China - The Untold Story | laowhy86

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

HappyGuy wrote:

This stupid fool should just get a job that is needed. Most of my friends are working. Whether he works in a grocery store or is doing IT, he can work off some of his useless bitching.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

WorldTraveler wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:35 pm
This stupid fool should just get a job that is needed. he can work off some of his useless bitching.
You seem to be the one that's bitching. You don't grasp the precedent of "essential workers", I believe the name is originally from Schindler's List. This first half of 2020 is only the beginning of the changes, they are going to expand on this by next year.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

What is really making things worse are the so many common citizen, women (Karens LOL) especially, who choose to bust other people's balls about enforcing this or that government policy: social distancing, wearing a face mask, avoiding public places no matter how quiet and deserted, etc.

It's like in the old Soviet Union or East Germany, where every neighbour, friend, relative even, could turn into a spy for the (dubious) pleasure of pleasing the authorities and maybe getting a large loaf of bread in return.

Here in Manila the "sentinels" are the thousands of security guards standing outside almost every commercial building. They are privately contracted common citizens with a gun licence and they have no authority to enforce anything. Yet, try walking past them without a mask and they will immediately start nagging you about you not being allowed to be outside without a face mask.

The few times I don't have a mask I just make the excuse that I am walking to the nearest convenience store to buy one as I run out of them, and they usually leave me alone.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

WorldTraveler wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:35 pm
HappyGuy wrote:

This stupid fool should just get a job that is needed. Most of my friends are working. Whether he works in a grocery store or is doing IT, he can work off some of his useless bitching.
He's a fairly successful DJ, writer, lecturer and now vlogger. One of the sanest voices out there. Are you and your friends working in your slave muzzles, your face diapers, like good little boys? Lining up on the yellow footprints and keeping proper social distancing?
WisconsinMan82
Freshman Poster

Post by WisconsinMan82 »

Boxman wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 9:35 pm
gsjackson wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 9:25 pm
Guess I'm headed first to Mexico once finances set up.
After initially blowing off coronavirus (good on you, President Obrador!), Mexico's leadership caved to the very vocal minority of whiners in their country and went into full panic mode just like the US. I've heard Mexico's coronavirus insanity is even more oppressive than California.

What are you hearing?
It also looks like the people behind COVI-PASS want to roll it out in Mexico too - that's a scary thought.

(Source: www.lalinternaazul. info/2020/06/30/mass-tracking-covi-pass-immunity-passports-to-be-rolled-out-in-15-countries/, delete the space because I'm new and can't technically post links)
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 6:30 pm
gsjackson wrote:

I have been asked to wear a mask only twice in the last 2 months. Those where in North Florida and North Georgia and both were just store policies, not local government requirements.
I work in retail and we are forced to wear masks on the job. So stuffy and annoying. I'd still say the majority of customers are wearing them at the store I work at - more than at the grocery store even. It's ridiculous.
5/13/2024
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

http://twitter.com/djmarkdevlin

Jun 7, 2020
Hard Workers are CRIMINALS - Prison Talk 23.8

In a complete twist of common sense. Society has found a way to make hard working people criminals. Welcome to the club!