I no longer wish to travel abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

I no longer wish to travel abroad

Post by Tamingstrange »

I'm sorry, this post isn't very well written

I'm not going to soft soap this. I hate America and most Americans. To me, Americans are complete scum of the earth. They're selfish, rude, obnoxious, phony, shallow, egotistical, morally bankrupt, callous, sociopathic, materialistic and vapid, unfeeling and just plain rotten. They don't value family and friends and lack humanity. When I look at most of them, when I look at their eyes, I can see there is nothing behind them. They are empty, hallow shells of human beings. It makes my skin crawl.

Spending my whole life living amongst such people, seeing them on the media has completely taken it's toll on me. I've lived a life of crippling loneliness and misery. Such an environment has left me jaded, angry, extremely bitter. It has left me a broken and suicidal person.

Initially when I came across this site and it's forums, I saw it as a blessing. It felt great to know that there where other people who've had the same experiences and felt the same way that I did. It made me realize that I wasn't crazy. That I wasn't the problem, America was. It was great to know that the US of Gay and the Anglosphere didn't represent the rest of the world. That most other countries had people who were friendly, humble, honest, genuine, moral, and kind hearted. It came as a great relief to know the possibility of a happier and healthier life abroad. That I could go to places were I wouldn't be hated for my gender and actually connect with people. I actually began saving money to travel and finally get away from this toxic hell hole. I've managed to save several thousands of dollars.

But over time, my feelings began to change. Reading numerous threads on this forum over the past few years gradually sapped my anticipation of going overseas. Countless times expats have posted thier negative opinions on other countries and I've eventually came away from them with this realization: The people abroad are just as horrible as America. That there are no good people in the world. Regardless of what country you go to, it's all the same: HORRIBLE.

So I've ultimately decided that traveling abroad would just be a huge waste of my time and money. What's the point? Same shit, different country. I've come to the conclusion that good people and good societies just don't exist and no matter where I go, I'll never find peace or happiness. I've pretty much lost all hope.
HappyGuy

Re: I no longer wish to travel abroad

Post by HappyGuy »

Sounds to me like you need to go abroad! :D When you leave the states you'll look back and ask why you didn't travel sooner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe04-AQtTCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQ3FQ0Pavg

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Tamingstrange, just look for the kind-hearted women, as you noted above. You'll need to be able to filter them out by watching their deeds, to see who is good and who is evil. Foreign women indeed are friendlier and more approachable, many will cook for you, etc. But still, you'll need to determine which ones are good and which ones are bad, because good and bad exists everywhere.

But you will need help from God.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

Don't give up hope. There is still hope for the living.

Some success stories: Jonnyblond (sp), MrMan, Yohan, MarcosZeilota, Taco, and others who stopped posting years ago. And from what he writes, HyperMak seems to believe there are plenty of decent women where he is in Manila, Philippines.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Lot’s of personal despair in this post. I think this Covid experience has many people at wit’s end in like manner.

Obviously this is isolation period can be a great time for self-work to include Reiki, physical fitness, and counseling when life is not firing on cylinders.

Last thing to understand is when the entire everyone else and the entire world is screwed up, it might be a clue that the entire world is not the problem. If you have not yet found your tribe of like-minded individuals, and your life’s mission, there is no wonder why you are in the depths of despair. Find them.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

But over time, my feelings began to change. Reading numerous threads on this forum over the past few years gradually sapped my anticipation of going overseas. Countless times expats have posted thier negative opinions on other countries and I've eventually came away from them with this realization: The people abroad are just as horrible as America. That there are no good people in the world. Regardless of what country you go to, it's all the same: HORRIBLE.

So I've ultimately decided that traveling abroad would just be a huge waste of my time and money. What's the point? Same shit, different country. I've come to the conclusion that good people and good societies just don't exist and no matter where I go, I'll never find peace or happiness. I've pretty much lost all hope.
So you haven't actually tried living abroad, you have just read a load of posts on here and decided that's that!

Well, you might as well stay right where you are in the shithole that is making you unhappy and not give a f**k because no-one else is going to give a f**k either, if you want to be told that people can be assholes abroad then yeah, that's true enough. That can't be denied.

But one thing I have found about being abroad and being expat is that I am outside their little matrix of expectations and my role within their society is marginalised, no-one here in China expects anything off me and that I have realised makes me very very free - moreso than back home where I am a part of that society and you are judged on many things that I am not here.

Women are women everywhere, they like tall, good looking men with money and a career, if you are a short, bald guy with no money and you're boring, getting the women you want is going to be hard but you don't just sit in f***ing Ohio and think 'I won't bother because some chump on 'Happier Abroad' didn't get a supermodel' be a f***ing man about it and make a plan, save some money and go and visit a place you want to see. There aren't enough tall, good looking men with money and career for every woman in the world that wants one so you have a good chance, still!

Being abroad isn't for everyone, not everyone wants to live abroad, you have to have a degree of mental toughness, you have to understand you will never be accepted like a local person but that's a great freedom if you see it in its correct light.

I have known many people who never left their hometown who eventually died with a heroin needle in their arm, they achieved NOTHING with their lives, not one of their lives would have been made worse if they had moved abroad for a year, their lives were pitiful, grim and unpleasant and they died horrible deaths at a very young age.

There's nothing that staying right where you are will accomplish if you're unhappy. I know that was true of my life.

Get a backbone and make a plan, Colombia is a few hours away on a plane, Mexico an even shorter distance, the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand - if a tosser like 'Jester' can carve out such a life as an old hasbeen :lol: then I am sure you can!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

yick wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 7:12 am
.......Women are women everywhere, they like tall, good looking men with money and a career, if you are a short, bald guy with no money and you're boring, getting the women you want is going to be hard but you don't just sit in f***ing Ohio and think 'I won't bother because some chump on 'Happier Abroad' didn't get a supermodel' be a f***ing man about it and make a plan, save some money and go and visit a place you want to see. There aren't enough tall, good looking men with money and career for every woman in the world that wants one so you have a good chance, still!..........
Foul on the fvcking play. In some countries I saw taller women than men and they looked happy unconditionally. Any other inexperiences you care to share?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:12 pm
yick wrote:
.......Women are women everywhere, they like tall, good looking men with money and a career, if you are a short, bald guy with no money and you're boring, getting the women you want is going to be hard but you don't just sit in f***ing Ohio and think 'I won't bother because some chump on 'Happier Abroad' didn't get a supermodel' be a f***ing man about it and make a plan, save some money and go and visit a place you want to see. There aren't enough tall, good looking men with money and career for every woman in the world that wants one so you have a good chance, still!..........
Foul on the fvcking play. In some countries I saw taller women than men and they looked happy unconditionally. Any other inexperiences you care to share?
I bet I know more about everything than you so, f**k off. 8)
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Tamingstrange wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:26 am

I'm not going to soft soap this. I hate America and most Americans. To me, Americans are complete scum of the earth. They're selfish, rude, obnoxious, phony, shallow, egotistical, morally bankrupt, callous, sociopathic, materialistic and vapid, unfeeling and just plain rotten. They don't value family and friends and lack humanity. When I look at most of them, when I look at their eyes, I can see there is nothing behind them. They are empty, hallow shells of human beings. It makes my skin crawl.

Spending my whole life living amongst such people, seeing them on the media has completely taken it's toll on me. I've lived a life of crippling loneliness and misery. Such an environment has left me jaded, angry, extremely bitter. It has left me a broken and suicidal person.

Initially when I came across this site and it's forums, I saw it as a blessing. It felt great to know that there where other people who've had the same experiences and felt the same way that I did. It made me realize that I wasn't crazy. That I wasn't the problem, America was. It was great to know that the US of Gay and the Anglosphere didn't represent the rest of the world. That most other countries had people who were friendly, humble, honest, genuine, moral, and kind hearted. It came as a great relief to know the possibility of a happier and healthier life abroad. That I could go to places were I wouldn't be hated for my gender and actually connect with people. I actually began saving money to travel and finally get away from this toxic hell hole. I've managed to save several thousands of dollars.

Many nations do have better people than America. Maybe you will have a positive experience or a negative one but there are many places to try. There are immoral, corrupt, untruthful, fake, and mean people everywhere but not as much as in America or other Anglo nations. The further away from the wealthier nations you go the better the people become. The further from cities you go in the wealthier European and East Asian cities you'll be sure to discover better people. Even if you discover that you personally can't find a place for the people to get genuine friends and a good girlfriend, isn't choosing a better place just for you better? It might not be the best answer but going abroad shouldn't only be about getting a girl, it should be about finding happiness, and just getting a girl might seem like it will make you completely happy but after time and thinking, it will take more than a girl to maintain happiness.

Maybe if your only way to stay out of America permanently is to find a girl and marry her for foreign residency then looking for a girl should be your first goal but only in that set of circumstances.

There are more things to going abroad and living there. Ease of travel, opportunity, the food, to learn new things, and grow as a person. Being trapped in a place like America does drain the hope and dreams of people.

It takes more strength than most people have to not give up or be suicidal because America breaks people. America does break people but being broken doesn't always mean you'll be broken forever. You'll always have scars but being in America leaves everyone, even people who think they're popular or the greatest with scars.

Broken things can sometimes become beautiful things. Look at the Japanese art of Kintsugi. It might not be the same as the flawless original piece of pottery but it was made beautiful again.

You can compare Americans, especially people who experienced many hardship to people who were emotionally and psychologically abused, or to a drug addict. It takes a long time being out of America to get over all that emotional and psychological abuse and if you return, then it all returns, so you need to get out permanently. Like a drug addict, it takes time and to detox all the American negativity and negativity brought on my America out of your system.

It might seem like something a fake self-help guru might say but you need to first find inner peace or inner happiness before you can truly find happiness. Relying on something external for happiness will never give inner peace or inner happiness. It can give comfort or temporary happiness but you can't be happy without finding it within. That doesn't mean to self-improve or anything like fake self-help gurus might say, but to search within for happiness and to realize certain truths about life on your own.

Why stay in a prison like America? If you stay in America and resign yourself to a terrible fate, then you are admitting defeat and that you accept hopeless because it means you gave up on hope. A person without hope is almost like a dead person because the thing that keeps anyone alive going is hope. The best way to permanently break a person is to take away their hope and that is what keeps people alive even in the darkest of situations. Hope they can accomplish something, obtain something, survive something, have a better future, change something, or build something. America doesn't only want to drain people's money, their humanity (emotions, genuineness, spirituality, friendliness, and compassion), but it seeks to drain their hope. They don't want people to believe things can get better, that there are better places, or that there are still good people out there. Hopelessness like everything else has also been industrialized with shrinks, big pharma with anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, self-help gurus, and other sorts of people to be fake guides enriching themselves. No one can help a person to real happiness, only the person can help themselves find happiness. Some people can act as guides or give advice but only the person can do the work to find real happiness. Almost like the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink the water but more complicated because happiness is a complicated thing and some things can be confused with happiness.

Money can buy comfort and make it easier to find or obtain happiness. Comfort is many times better than happiness because even if someone is unhappy the comfort can make life better. Pleasure can give momentary happiness but not permanent happiness. That is why poor people in some poor nations can be very happy people.

You also cannot begin a journey and expect to reach the end without having to take side roads, difficult paths, and maybe climb a mountain before reaching the end of the journey.

You should really reconsider and do some soul searching.

You also need to learn a language with time, learn the culture, social customs, and in time you can begin to integrate better. Not all places are accepting of foreigners immediately and some will never be accepting if you're of a certain race, but many will be more accepting the more you learn their culture.

I think you should go abroad to experience being abroad before you completely give up hope. You should spend at least a month abroad so you can get the negativity out of your system. By week two of being abroad, even if you're alone, you should begin to feel more positive and less stressed and more at ease around other people.

It takes time because Americans are victims of emotional and psychological abuse. You can't expect an abused dog or other animal to trust a few friendly owner immediately after being taken away from an abusive owner. The same way you can't expect most American to begin to trust or feel positive immediately after leaving an abusive nation for a better nation.

Edited to fix typo.
Last edited by Light on September 11th, 2020, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tamingstrange wrote:

I wonder honestly if you even have a passport - to travel to overseas just as a tourist and to see how is life beyond the borders of the States is easy, but now is this covid hystery going on and it will take a while for tourism to recover.

However to relocate to overseas for long-stay/permanantly is not so easy, I agree - you have to deal with various issues like working permits, new jobs, different language, different mindset of people and so on.

I have been living overseas most time of my life, I am now 68 and living outside of Europe since 1976, doing my first trips overseas to Asia in 1972.
I never came back.

It was not so easy, but I did it and I prefer not to be back to Europe for many reasons.

Nobody can force you to travel to abroad, but you should not abandon that idea before trying it out in reality and see the difference.

USA is not the worst place in this world, there are many other countries which are worse. No question about that.

However this large nation of USA has also some really severe problems, you cannot deny that too. USA has a serious issue about overpriced health care, is legally seen a mess, has ugly racist tensions, has the highest prison population worldwide....and really true, USA has communication problems between men and women - with a totally broken dating scene... everybody is mistrusting against everybody...

Think about it! World is not everywhere the same.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=3&t=35905

You started a similar thread about 2 years ago, now it is time for you to do something about it. Don't waste your time. I never regretted my trips to Asia... regardless if Iran, India, Philippines, Japan....
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

I agree with @Yohan and the others, @Tamingstrange. The sooner you take action, the sooner you will find out if your preconceptions about "all women" are true and if you can find a happier lifestyle abroad.
Tamingstrange
Freshman Poster

Post by Tamingstrange »

yick wrote:
Being abroad isn't for everyone, not everyone wants to live abroad, you have to have a degree of mental toughness, you have to understand you will never be accepted like a local person but that's a great freedom if you see it in its correct light.

So I can't be accepted anywhere? Not in America or anywhere else? That sucks.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Tamingstrange wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 2:23 am
yick wrote:

So I can't be accepted anywhere? Not in America or anywhere else? That sucks.
No, you're a foreigner everywhere other than your own country - same rules apply to everyone who expats.

That doesn't mean you won't receive great kindness, friendliness or special treatment - they just won't see you as 'one of them'.

Not that it matters because you say you're not going to do it. So it matters not. :roll:

NB: I am sure in the United States, people see you as an American.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tamingstrange wrote:

You complete and utter loser. You signed up on this site in 2015, I signed up in 2014. I've sinced moved abroad and had a family. Far away from the toxicity of foreigners and foreign culture. So have many other members. Five years! Five! Whole! Years! And all you did was whine and take ZERO action. Now you're feeling like 'no longer traveling abroad', why, based on all that experience you gained SITTING ON YOUR ASS? Jesus Christ this is pathetic... Go ahead, give up. Give up without ever trying. You're not made of the right material, obviously. Remove yourself from the genepool and the expat community. Maybe earth. We've got too many spineless cretins aimlessly floating around doing absolutely nothing, anyway.

The post isn't well-written, you are right. It's not well-thought-of, either. Much like your life, which is not well-lived. You can change that, today. Next week. Or never. But to be on a site like this, and allowing some negative posts to convince you not to even try? That's insane. If you're THAT easily convinced to do nothing, that means a part of you WANTS to be convinced to do nothing. Because to continue as you always have is the easier choice. Painful to hear? Yes. But remember... if someone says something, and it pleases you to hear, comforts you... find the lie in it. If whatever you hear hurts you? Find the truth in it.

Either follow Yohan's advice or... check out & good riddance.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 4:58 am
Tamingstrange wrote:

You complete and utter loser. You signed up on this site in 2015, I signed up in 2014. I've sinced moved abroad and had a family. Far away from the toxicity of foreigners and foreign culture. So have many other members. Five years! Five! Whole! Years! And all you did was whine and take ZERO action. Now you're feeling like 'no longer traveling abroad', why, based on all that experience you gained SITTING ON YOUR ASS? Jesus Christ this is pathetic... Go ahead, give up. Give up without ever trying. You're not made of the right material, obviously. Remove yourself from the genepool and the expat community. Maybe earth. We've got too many spineless cretins aimlessly floating around doing absolutely nothing, anyway.

The post isn't well-written, you are right. It's not well-thought-of, either. Much like your life, which is not well-lived. You can change that, today. Next week. Or never. But to be on a site like this, and allowing some negative posts to convince you not to even try? That's insane. If you're THAT easily convinced to do nothing, that means a part of you WANTS to be convinced to do nothing. Because to continue as you always have is the easier choice. Painful to hear? Yes. But remember... if someone says something, and it pleases you to hear, comforts you... find the lie in it. If whatever you hear hurts you? Find the truth in it.

Either follow Yohan's advice or... check out & good riddance.
Good post!