How ignorant people are of the facts of covid? It's not the bubonic plague

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Re: How ignorant people are of the facts of covid? It's not the bubonic plague

Post by mattyman »

Ri-iterating the OP, how dangerous is covid-19? Does it warrant the worldwide restrictions on human rights? We know the infection fatality rate for the 1918 flu was worse for young adults in their 20s and 30s than covid 19 is. We know covid 19 is more dangerous for people over 70 than flu.

In the UK meeting people outside your household barring one other was officially-restricted, leaving your household wasn't.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

mattyman wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 6:55 pm
Ri-iterating the OP, how dangerous is covid-19?
False rumors can be very dangerous to morons.
Does it warrant the worldwide restrictions on human rights?
Not a fair question since people today can't really be considered human. The subhuman morons who populate the modern world don't deserve human rights.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

mattyman wrote:
We know covid 19 is more dangerous for people over 70 than flu.
In the UK meeting people outside your household barring one other was officially-restricted, leaving your household wasn't.
Covid-19 itself does not seem to be the major problem. Something similar to a strong flu.

This covid-19 virus however is getting truly life threatening in case other medical issues show up at the same time, like influenza or pneumonia....
Some people had already medical issues before infection, however they are under control like diabetes.

However after infection with covid-19 such medical issues are often getting out of control and the person survives only if advanced care is available and costs are not a major concern. Nevertheless such people often had to spend weeks in a hospital in intensive care and also need months to fully recover.

----------------------

About lockdowns in UK - they are badly organized and nobody can control them. Nobody there keeps any discipline regarding restrictions, just doing what they want... Such ignorant behavior is not ending well....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-Day.html
Full text link above
UK announces another 53,285 coronavirus cases and 613 deaths - including an 8-year-old child - marking a 63% rise in infections in a week and four days in a row with more than 50,000 positive tests

A staggering quarter of a million people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK since Monday this week

Coronavirus second wave suspected to be being driven by super-infectious new variant of the virus
Death count is down slightly from the past couple of days as bank holiday recording hiccups even out

Today's infection number is the second highest so far in the pandemic, following 55,892 yesterday

Another 53,285 people in Britain have been diagnosed with Covid-19, marking four days in a row that there have been more than 50,000 positive tests announced.

The daily case count has surged 63 per cent in a week, from 32,275 last Friday, meaning a staggering 253,720 people have received positive test results since Monday this week.

And 613 more people have died with the virus - including an eight-year-old child - taking the total official death toll to 74,125. The eight-year-old died in England on December 30 and had other health problems, the NHS said.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 1:44 am
mattyman wrote:
We know covid 19 is more dangerous for people over 70 than flu.
Covid-19 itself does not seem to be the major problem. Something similar to a strong flu.

This covid-19 virus however is getting truly life threatening in case other medical issues show up at the same time, like influenza or pneumonia....
Some people had already medical issues before infection, however they are under control like diabetes.

However after infection with covid-19 such medical issues are often getting out of control and the person survives only if advanced care is available and costs are not a major concern. Nevertheless such people often had to spend weeks in a hospital in intensive care and also need months to fully recover.

----------------------

About lockdowns in UK - they are badly organized and nobody can control them. Nobody there keeps any discipline regarding restrictions, just doing what they want... Such ignorant behavior is not ending well....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-Day.html
Full text link above
UK announces another 53,285 coronavirus cases and 613 deaths - including an 8-year-old child - marking a 63% rise in infections in a week and four days in a row with more than 50,000 positive tests

A staggering quarter of a million people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK since Monday this week

Coronavirus second wave suspected to be being driven by super-infectious new variant of the virus
Death count is down slightly from the past couple of days as bank holiday recording hiccups even out

Today's infection number is the second highest so far in the pandemic, following 55,892 yesterday

Another 53,285 people in Britain have been diagnosed with Covid-19, marking four days in a row that there have been more than 50,000 positive tests announced.

The daily case count has surged 63 per cent in a week, from 32,275 last Friday, meaning a staggering 253,720 people have received positive test results since Monday this week.

And 613 more people have died with the virus - including an eight-year-old child - taking the total official death toll to 74,125. The eight-year-old died in England on December 30 and had other health problems, the NHS said.
Exactly, lockdowns work if one does them - it is like losing weight - if you don't eat healthily and exercise, you don't lose weight - if you want to go to the pub with your mates and not take any precuations - you will keep spreading the virus - in the Childrens Kingdom - lockdown is too hard so people refuse to do it - and they wonder why there are now... let's check... going on for 75000 people dead.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

RE the above report RE an eight year old girl has died. Hopefully this is the exception and not the rule. Why do you think it makes the news? Even so, it was stated that she had other health problems. Very likely one of the conditions listed. For all we know that other health problem could have been the primary cause of death, and covid a complicating factor. Anyway, one child death is one too many. Fortunately, such tragic deaths from covid are rare.

RE Yick;
It's clear that you may have had bad experience of coronavirus. I don't know if you've a) caught it and come down badly with with b) know someone who has or even c) lost someone from it? The clearly emotionally-driven responses, this is obviously one logical explanation. Help me out and the forum. Share your experiences.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

mattyman wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 1:33 pm
It's clear that you may have had bad experience of coronavirus. I don't know if you've a) caught it and come down badly with with b) know someone who has or even c) lost someone from it? The clearly emotionally-driven responses, this is obviously one logical explanation. Help me out and the forum. Share your experiences.
It's quite simple. People are religious by nature. With the loss of Christianity, people seek other religious beliefs. The Covid believers are fundamentalists who worship the globalists as gods and will blindly accept anything that they say. Reasoning with them is a waste of time.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm
mattyman wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 1:33 pm
It's quite simple. People are religious by nature. With the loss of Christianity, people seek other religious beliefs. The Covid believers are fundantalists who worship the globalists as gods and will blindly accept anything that they say. Reasoning with them is a waste of time.
This civilization is messed up bad, did you see where Bitcoin passed 34,000 $. I watched the Max Kieser episode in 2011 when he said buy it at 1 $.... Take pride in being Jewish, they figured long ago how stupid the dumb goy be..
Time to Hide!
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Yeah, I've thought lockdown has become a religion myself.

The only logical reason I can think of the the gentleman's in the above replies does so with such emotional responses are a) he's had bad experiences with covid or b) is simply virtue-signalling and is trying to defend the ego, or a combination. That's a logical explanation.

I know he's likely had some bad experiences which I think should be talked about openly (don't belittle or minimise people who've had bad experiences with covid). I think the honest thing would be to mention experiences with coronavirus.

When I brought it up above, he went defensive and resorted to attacking despite admitting he had had bad experience with the coronavirus. I would encourage him to share his experience
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Cornfed thinks covid 19 is nothing more than the common cold and that is exactly what Rush Limbaugh thought. Cornfed got this idea from him.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer