What is your opinion on the number of satellites?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TommyJ
Freshman Poster

What is your opinion on the number of satellites?

Post by TommyJ »

Starlink, Amazon Kuiper, OneWeb etc. Many companies have announced their plans to launch a fairly significant number of their own satellites.
Experts say the small satellite market will grow from $ 2.8 billion in 2020 to $ 7.1 billion in 2025.
Many satellites will be involved (in my opinion) in things that are really important for people, such as access to the Internet and predicting various weather disasters.
Which future launches you know are interesting and/or useful? Which of the future launches do you consider a waste of time? And why?
TommyJ
Freshman Poster

Re: What is your opinion on the number of satellites?

Post by TommyJ »

I created this thread to the point that a lot of people (mostly astronomers, of course) are against the pollution of the sky. And there are many other people who are in favor of more satellites appearing in the sky, which will be able to provide them with communication and the Internet in places where it is now impossible or very bad.
I am interested in the opinion of different people on this matter.
Still, the space industry is one of the few that has been actively developing over the past year.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

This looks promising. I would like to move to some rural place outside America, so this would be quite useful for me.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

Global internet access is a good thing. As far as astronomers' concerns go, space telescopes can do more than ground-based telescopes which are more affected by satellite constellations. I can see why some amateur astronomers are PO'ed, but global internet access is more important. Also, SpaceX will be working on sending humans to Mars hopefully within this decade, and Starlink will help with funding.
TommyJ
Freshman Poster

Post by TommyJ »

On the one hand, I agree that global Internet access is good. On the other hand, I understand those who are against a whole galaxy of satellites.
OneWeb has applied for 48,000 satellites. (Maybe it was a typo, huh). But it is not the only company that has applied for a large number of satellite launches.
Do not think that I am against it.
Just want to remind you that Starlink is only a small part of this huge market.
TommyJ
Freshman Poster

Post by TommyJ »

statnerd wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 6:39 pm
Global internet access is a good thing. As far as astronomers' concerns go, space telescopes can do more than ground-based telescopes which are more affected by satellite constellations. I can see why some amateur astronomers are PO'ed, but global internet access is more important. Also, SpaceX will be working on sending humans to Mars hopefully within this decade, and Starlink will help with funding.
It looks like it. Recently I read somewhere that the sale of the personal property began for the flight to Mars. Up to the point that he will live in the office.
But I'm more interested in satellites. China with its Baidu, other countries with their own projects.
But I was especially surprised (in a good way) that there is a private UK space company. It turned out that there are even agreements with ESA on launches for the next 10 years. The company is based in Edinburgh and is called Skyrora.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Elon Musk owns Starlink internet and Tesla and there's a good reason why. In the future they will pass green legislation making electric cars mandatory. Also, there will be a mass exodus of people leaving the cities and moving to the countryside as the global economy implodes, this has already started. Satellite internet will be in high demand soon. Musk has positioned himself to profit from both events. It won't be safe to live in the cities for much longer. Crime is about to explode.

The U.S. Has Lost More Than 110,000 Restaurants, Setting The Stage For A Commercial Real Estate Collapse Of Epic Proportions
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/the- ... oportions/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

fschmidt wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:08 pm
This looks promising.
:shock:
https://archive.org/details/the-invisib ... rstenberg/

Influenza

"If the atmosphere is, at times, electrified beyond the degree which is usual, and necessary to preserve the body in a due state of excitement, the nerves must be too highly excited, and under a continued operation of undue stimulus, become extremely irritable, and subject to debility." NOAH WEBSTER, A Brief History of Epidemic and Pestilential Diseases, 1799, p. 38

A large, rapid, qualitative change in the earth’s electromagnetic environment has occurred six times in history.

In 1889, power line harmonic radiation began. From that year forward the earth’s magnetic field bore the imprint of power line frequencies and their harmonics. In that year, exactly, the natural magnetic activity of the earth began to be suppressed. This has affected all life on earth. The power line age was ushered in by the 1889 pandemic of influenza.

In 1918, the radio era began. It began with the building of hundreds of powerful radio stations at LF and VLF frequencies, the frequencies guaranteed to most alter the magnetosphere. The radio era was ushered in by the Spanish influenza pandemic of 1918.

In 1957, the radar era began. It began with the building of hundreds of powerful early warning radar stations that littered the high latitudes of the northern hemisphere, hurling millions of watts of microwave energy skyward. Low-frequency components of these waves rode on magnetic field lines to the southern hemisphere, polluting it as well. The radar era was ushered in by the Asian flu pandemic of 1957.

In 1968, the satellite era began. It began with the launch of dozens of satellites whose broadcast power was relatively weak. But since they were already in the magnetosphere, they had as big an effect on it as the small amount of radiation that managed to enter it from sources on the ground. The satellite era was ushered in by the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968.

The other two mileposts of technology—the beginning of the wireless era and the activation of the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP)—belong to very recent times and will be discussed later in this book.
The 5G thread: viewtopic.php?style=1&p=337516#p337516

Jacob Cooper
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacob Cooper »

TommyJ wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 8:06 am
statnerd wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 6:39 pm
It looks like it. Recently I read somewhere that the sale of the personal property began for the flight to Mars. Up to the point that he will live in the office.
But I'm more interested in satellites. China with its Baidu, other countries with their own projects.
But I was especially surprised (in a good way) that there is a private UK space company. It turned out that there are even agreements with ESA on launches for the next 10 years. The company is based in Edinburgh and is called Skyrora.
When I saw your post and saw that you mentioned Skyrora, the first thought was it's a recently launched startup having no achievements yet. However, after I checked their website and found this, I was shocked. They manufacture launch vehicles, space tugs, and I suppose they'll start launching satellites soon. The company was established in 2017 and managed to achieve these results so fast. The UK should be proud of its brightest minds.
Last edited by Jacob Cooper on May 31st, 2021, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob Cooper
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacob Cooper »

I got interested in exploring new space agencies, and recently I came across one company that can help us reduce the number of satellites. Dragonfly Aerospace is a South-African manufacturer of smallsats, CubeSats, nanosats, and various imagers for them. And the technical specifications of these imagers aren't worse than other, larger cameras. Check thecompany dragonflyaerospace.com to make sure of it. This company is rather young, and it can't boast of having a large number of manufactured satellites and launches, but I suppose they have a big future. We can use smallsats with powerful cameras for several types of research at the same time. Isn't it a good idea?
Last edited by Jacob Cooper on May 31st, 2021, 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks for reporting the above posts @HappyGuy. However, the links look legit right? Shouldn't we keep them if they are related to the topic of the thread? I'm not even sure what all these satellite things are about.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
March 6th, 2021, 6:17 pm
Why would they lie about the existence of satellites? For what purpose? Wouldn't they worry about being caught? This makes no sense. Can you find a photo of a real satellite online that is not CGI or drawn or a graphic? Are there any photos of satellites on the ground before being launched into space? How come satellites never fall to the Earth or crash after a collision?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"This is only a narrow example of why satellites do not exist based on years of HD filming and logic. There is no part of satellite information you can challenge that will not fall apart once examined. We are told there are from 15-30k satellites which does not include secret objects or space junk and yet NO IMAGES OR VIDEO of any satellite exists. Let’s get real here. Here are real images I shot over years that show what is really up there.

https://www.Crrow777Radio.com. Hope to see you there. All other Crow websites are FRAUD and there are now at least 10 of them!"

jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

What the galaxy really needs is a real death star to keep people in line.
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer