Why You Should Quit Your Job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why You Should Quit Your Job

Post by jamesbond »

Great video.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why You Should Quit Your Job

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a follow up video to the one above. He put this out just a few days ago.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Great video by Joe Rogan explaining why people should quit their job.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Tony Robbins, explaining if your job is killing you.

Formafist
Freshman Poster

Post by Formafist »

You quit your job when you get enough FU money and passive income to migrate to a non-feminist country.

BTW Tony Robbins is a tall 6 foot 7 "Alpha Male" who profits off from his snake oil scam. He can get money, pu$sy and women in America because he's the top 1% of men.

My opinion.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tony Robbins is a convincing speaker, but he is probably not an expert in most things in talks about. I think he graduated high school. He didn't go on and study the 'mind body connection.' He tries to be some kind of life counselor in his meetings. I hear he does real estate seminars, but I do not think he is a real estate expert. His real expertise seems to be as a salesman someone who persuades others to part with the money in their wallet.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Work is not supposed to be fun. That's why someone is paying you to do it. If it were fun it wouldn't pay as well (or possibly not at all). Generally speaking. And it's not necessarily the better call to take the job that is more enjoyable but pays poorly over the one that is less enjoyable but pays well. Since the latter pays well you don't need to work as many hours to earn the same amount of money, and then have more time to do the things you REALLY enjoy.

But I get that what he's really saying (in the first vid. why do I need to watch so many of them?) is that there's more to life than work, which I agree with.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:59 am
Tony Robbins is a convincing speaker, but he is probably not an expert in most things in talks about. I think he graduated high school. He didn't go on and study the 'mind body connection.' He tries to be some kind of life counselor in his meetings. I hear he does real estate seminars, but I do not think he is a real estate expert. His real expertise seems to be as a salesman someone who persuades others to part with the money in their wallet.
He came of age in the 70s when it was easy to make a living. He is a tall, good looking guy who is good at public speaking. That is his skill. Nothing else. Most of what he says is bullshit.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 10:15 pm
Work is not supposed to be fun. That's why someone is paying you to do it. If it were fun it wouldn't pay as well (or possibly not at all). Generally speaking. And it's not necessarily the better call to take the job that is more enjoyable but pays poorly over the one that is less enjoyable but pays well. Since the latter pays well you don't need to work as many hours to earn the same amount of money, and then have more time to do the things you REALLY enjoy.
Unfortunately this is not generally true now. Some people have to do low paying shitty jobs while others get to do high paying good jobs. The haves and the have nots, not anything to do with your abilities or merit and not your choice.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Cornfed wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 11:26 pm
Unfortunately this is not generally true now. Some people have to do low paying shitty jobs while others get to do high paying good jobs. The haves and the have nots, not anything to do with your abilities or merit and not your choice.
High paying good jobs aren't fun either. They are just high paying.
And I deliberately ignored the dynamic of supply vs. demand. That is, if you have a rare skill that few others have, you might be able to land a job that is actually fun. (i.e. be extremely good at singing or extremely good at basketball) I wanted to keep my reply short so I said, "Generally speaking".
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 11:35 pm
And I deliberately ignored the dynamic of supply vs. demand. That is, if you have a rare skill that few others have, you might be able to land a job that is actually fun.
As long as there is more supply of workers than demand in most jobs, there is no intrinsic reason to pay anyone more than minimum wage.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 11:22 pm
MrMan wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:59 am
He came of age in the 70s when it was easy to make a living. He is a tall, good looking guy who is good at public speaking. That is his skill. Nothing else. Most of what he says is bullshit.
I did not realize he is good-looking. His features seem disproportionate, But it makes sense considering his success. I'll take your word for it, or ask a woman about that if it comes to mind.

I have not heard a lot of content from Tony Robbins. Becoming one of his followers does not interest me at all. It seems to be mostly hype, and I just don't get it. The 'feel good about yourself and you can reach the stars' seems like a lot of fluff to me. But there is some truth to the fact that people who are motivated can accomplish many great things. If you take it to extremes, it becomes ridiculous. You would probably benefit from moving more in that direction. I am not saying Tony Robbins is the solution.

He is a good speaker, and if you are a really good speaker with charisma, and you can get people paying to go to your events, you can sell them all kinds of stuff. He's a very skilled salesman and a skilled 'motivational speaker' whether or not the content is particularly useful in the long run.

I have done some corporate training in my past. This involves teaching real skills, not just fluff and excitement.

Some of the 'motivational stuff' isn't that bad, encouraging goal setting and ways of thinking through what you want to do in life or your career. It does not have to be fluff. Maybe Tony Robbins has some non-fluff. I am just writing off of my impressions from bits and pieces I have heard. I am highly skeptical of the idea that standing with your hands on your hips increases your testosterone and some of the other stuff I have heard him say.

Ben Stiller spoofed Tony Robbins, probably back in the early 1990s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPo1YvPGfk4

Ben Stiller told me that MTV had a few episodes of this show they did not air. That was probably back in 1990-1992 time frame, and I do not know if they ever aired.

Here is another set of clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPSITQ3sEM
Leofix7667
Freshman Poster

Post by Leofix7667 »

I think everyone should come to the point of being independent. There is no point in wasting your trousers sitting in an office for a small salary. I think everyone understands that. One must strive to develop oneself.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This girl recently quit her job working in the marketing department at Amazon. She did not have another job lined up and now will be doing YouTube content full time.