Where should I go in January 2022 (visa expiration)?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Where should I go in January 2022 (visa expiration)?

Post by Tsar »

I am probably going to Italy in January 2022 and staying there in the countryside or somewhere with a train. I think I am just going to give up on girls.

$600 minimum for roundtrip airfare to reset a visa twice a year. ($1,200)

vs.

$1,200 to go to Italy.

I just don't feel I can get a girl anymore so I don't need to try anymore. I think I should just dropout.

I'll keep trying but I won't be spending an hour anymore swiping on Tinder. It's over. I won't get a girl

(Edit: Deleted Poll. I decided to go to Italy)
Last edited by Tsar on August 29th, 2021, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where should I go in January 2022 (visa expiration)?

Post by yick »

The Philippines!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

yick wrote:
August 29th, 2021, 4:43 am
The Philippines!
1. Impossible with COVID-19
2. Can only stay 59 days without a visa to stay longer...and I believe people have a complicated visa process to actually get a visa to stay awhile
3. If Cambodia reopens, I'll go to the Philippines 59 days and then if I don't have a girl and/or cannot (easily) get a visa to stay longer then I'll be going to Cambodia for a year.

I decided on Italy. I'll start messaging possible landlords in early November to arrange something.

I'm done with girls for a long time.

My Pimi post was actually my final post about girls for a long time which is why I made it. I'm not posting about girls anymore. At least not for a few years. I'm done with girls.

If I make a post about a girl in the next few years it would only be because I am replying to someone else's thread with a general question related to girls or because I actually got a girl (which I obviously won't since I will never manage to get a girl unless I buy myself a Pimi).
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

@Yohan If I go to Italy, can I get a EHIC with a non-address staying only at Airbnbs?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

You don't need a EHIC if you go to Italy as an Italian citizen, the only time you need a EHIC is when you go anywhere else in the EU for emergency health care.

When you get to Italy, register with the authorities as a resident - no idea if they will allow you free healtcare without having paid any taxes or their version of national health insurance, look it up and find out.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

yick wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 7:09 am
You don't need a EHIC if you go to Italy as an Italian citizen, the only time you need a EHIC is when you go anywhere else in the EU for emergency health care.

When you get to Italy, register with the authorities as a resident - no idea if they will allow you free healtcare without having paid any taxes or their version of national health insurance, look it up and find out.
I did quite a few times and I also called the consulate once for information. I was told I need to register with the health authorities but I believe I probably need to register with the locality first. I don't know if I could do that without a rental contract or not.

Healthcare in Italy is a right for all citizens so I am entitled to it. I know that not all nations in the EU are like that.

I feel like I should really be in Italy next year if I can afford it. I can definitely afford some Airbnbs on Sicily. Walking would be easier in Europe. No worries about needing visa resets.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

There you go, go and register with the town hall - it's your great fortune (or buona fortuna!) that @publicduende is back posting and will be able to furnish you with such details on
how to register for medical care when you return to Italy.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

@Tsar

I might be missing some context here and apologies for not having the time to catch up on old posts.

Do you have a special connection with Italy? You're Italian-American? Do you already hold an Italian passport? If you do, you're automatically an Italian citizen and have a right to all public services, including the recent Covid-related unemployment benefits. They are not a great deal, compared to what is given in other countries like UK, US or Canada, but might be a bit of a financial relief.

Finally some wisdom: you don't have to "give up" on girls. If you move to another country, another culture, with a language you don't speak and not much cash in your pockets, clearly other aspects of your life tend to become priority: settling, learning the language, building a small network of trusted people, who will probably be a majority of young man. The girl of your dreams might be round the corner, who knows! :D

Just drop the idea that Italian girls are the innocent, virginal and traditional types you see in some literature or movies. They are pretty much hooked on TikTok and dreaming of being an influencer like everybody else in the world. The more based women are usually those in their late twenties and early thirties and, TBH, that's where you should be looking to date.

Leave the "Pimi" aside. Fantasizing won't help you anymore, you need boots on the ground, in all senses!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 8:32 am
There you go, go and register with the town hall - it's your great fortune (or buona fortuna!) that @publicduende is back posting and will be able to furnish you with such details on
Hehe yeah, although I don't have a lot of time to read posts and post. I'll see what I can do :)
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

publicduende wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 4:17 pm
@Tsar

I might be missing some context here and apologies for not having the time to catch up on old posts.

Do you have a special connection with Italy? You're Italian-American? Do you already hold an Italian passport? If you do, you're automatically an Italian citizen and have a right to all public services, including the recent Covid-related unemployment benefits. They are not a great deal, compared to what is given in other countries like UK, US or Canada, but might be a bit of a financial relief.

Finally some wisdom: you don't have to "give up" on girls. If you move to another country, another culture, with a language you don't speak and not much cash in your pockets, clearly other aspects of your life tend to become priority: settling, learning the language, building a small network of trusted people, who will probably be a majority of young man. The girl of your dreams might be round the corner, who knows! :D

Just drop the idea that Italian girls are the innocent, virginal and traditional types you see in some literature or movies. They are pretty much hooked on TikTok and dreaming of being an influencer like everybody else in the world. The more based women are usually those in their late twenties and early thirties and, TBH, that's where you should be looking to date.

Leave the "Pimi" aside. Fantasizing won't help you anymore, you need boots on the ground, in all senses!
Thank you for the post.

I never mentioned Italian girls before because I don't expect one would be sweet and romantic.

I am mainly thinking about going there because I like the food, easy to walk, and wide open spaces to walk. If I don't go in January 2022, then I would do so in May 2022.

Yes, I am Italian, Italian Passport, and it's the reason I was able to go to the EU during the Pandemic and live in Bulgaria.

I would appreciate more information about the benefits I could get to maybe provide me with a little relief when I am there. My issue is that I don't have an address in Italy so how could I, for example, get any relief?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 4:18 pm
yick wrote:
Hehe yeah, although I don't have a lot of time to read posts and post. I'll see what I can do :)
As expected, you did a great job! :D
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 10:49 pm
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:
Did I? :-)
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 3:04 am
yick wrote:
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:
You did! Let's see if he takes any bloody notice! :lol:
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

yick wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 3:19 am
publicduende wrote:
September 1st, 2021, 3:04 am
yick wrote:
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:
You did! Let's see if he takes any bloody notice! :lol:
I need more information because the stuff about girls was unnecessary information. I would be going for me and having a better time alone. I need tips on how the social benefits I can get and register to try to get poor people housing. Are there free Italian language classes?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I think I might qualify for the Mexican non-immigrant rentista visa. I don't feel like going to the EU at the moment when I don't know if I can meet all my expenses in the Italy. I will see of it's possible for me to stay in Mexico just because a flight is too expensive and I would probably need a taxi wherever I go in the EU. Still, having heat would be nice in the winter but I think I might just buy a space heater if I need heat during the winter (which I will need).

Ideally, I would just go to Italy and be done with almost everything in life but I don't have the money for that.