Happy Halloween, do kids still go trick or treating in US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Happy Halloween, do kids still go trick or treating in US?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Happy Halloween.

You know, back in the 80's all kids went trick or treating in the US. Then in the 90's, they started going less and less cause people were paranoid that some psycho out there was going to poison their kids.

What about nowadays in 2008? Do you still get many kids coming to your house for trick or treating? Or has it dwindled to almost nothing?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

adam917
Freshman Poster

Re: Happy Halloween, do kids still go trick or treating in U

Post by adam917 »

WWu777 wrote:Hi all,
Happy Halloween.

You know, back in the 80's all kids went trick or treating in the US. Then in the 90's, they started going less and less cause people were paranoid that some psycho out there was going to poison their kids.

What about nowadays in 2008? Do you still get many kids coming to your house for trick or treating? Or has it dwindled to almost nothing?
My little 6-year-old & 2-year-old cousins were out trick-or-treating with their dad a few hours ago. :-)
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

I used to go trick-or-treating when I was a kid, that was in the 90's, and all the kids in my neighborhood used to do that. I still think kids do trick or treating today. But that's my assumption.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Thankfully, last night didn't rain and the neighborhood kids had a blast out trick or treating. Compared to the 1980s, there were fewer homes decorated with Halloween stuff and inviting people in (home made haunted house type stuff), but the streets were still packed with large groups of kids.

Since my living room is on the 2nd floor, I got tired of running downstairs to hand out candy 20+ times. I just put the candy in a bag and hanged it at my door, LoL.