Why Are Anglo Countries So Prudish, Uptight & Anti Social

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Are Anglo Countries So Prudish, Uptight & Anti Social

Post by jamesbond »

It's funny if you watch TV shows or movies made in Anglo countries you would think the people who live in those countries are open, friendly and are getting laid all the time. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. People in Anglo countries tend to be prudish, uptight, unfriendly and anti social.

Work is the centerpiece of most people's lives in Anglo societies so this doesn't leave most people time to have a balanced life. Also, men are seen as sexual perverts in the Anglo world, so that contributes to the prudishness that women exhibit towards men. Winston has often said that when he cold approached women in the United States the women would give off "prudish vibes" towards him. He said this never happened when he cold approached girls in eastern Europe or the Philippines.

A great deal of people in english speaking countries don't even know who their neighbors are. Also, talking to strangers is considered taboo (this is why most men don't dare cold approach women in Anglo countries).

The things that Anglo countries have in common is, workaholism, anti social behavior and prudish attitudes towards sex.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Re: Why Are Anglo Countries So Prudish, Uptight & Anti Social

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Capitalism?

Maybe they have to focus on work so much that everything else is a distraction.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
June 23rd, 2022, 7:59 am
Capitalism?

Maybe they have to focus on work so much that everything else is a distraction.

That's a good point, with a big emphasis placed on working in Anglo countries, it stands to reason that you don't have much time for having fun. Your job and your career are the major things that you are forced to focus on in Anglo countries.

Also, in Anglo countries men who flirt with women are considered 'creeps' and 'weirdos.' Like Winston has said, flirting in the United States is considered taboo. It also seems to be ingrained in people's minds in Anglo countries that you are not supposed to talk to strangers or even talk to your neighbors.

No wonder why there are so many lonely and depressed people living in Anglo countries.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Great video, this guy is originally from Jamaica and gives his opinion on just how anti social Americans are.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

jamesbond wrote:
July 15th, 2022, 5:49 pm
Great video, this guy is originally from Jamaica and gives his opinion on just how anti social Americans are.

It is a great video. And like he said, in Jamaica, they're laid back, relaxed, they smile, happy to talk to strangers. I think to answer his question, is that in America we're friendly on a surface level. But we stay in our cliques. The social system in the US is clique based where you have to be approved to be in a clique. At the professional level it's all about social climbing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

jamesbond wrote:
June 23rd, 2022, 5:07 am
It's funny if you watch TV shows or movies made in Anglo countries you would think the people who live in those countries are open, friendly and are getting laid all the time. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. People in Anglo countries tend to be prudish, uptight, unfriendly and anti social.

Work is the centerpiece of most people's lives in Anglo societies so this doesn't leave most people time to have a balanced life. Also, men are seen as sexual perverts in the Anglo world, so that contributes to the prudishness that women exhibit towards men. Winston has often said that when he cold approached women in the United States the women would give off "prudish vibes" towards him. He said this never happened when he cold approached girls in eastern Europe or the Philippines.

A great deal of people in english speaking countries don't even know who their neighbors are. Also, talking to strangers is considered taboo (this is why most men don't dare cold approach women in Anglo countries).

The things that Anglo countries have in common is, workaholism, anti social behavior and prudish attitudes towards sex.
America is a massive landscape and everything is spread out. In most places, if you want to go from Point A to Point B, you have to drive many miles. Suburbs are places of isolation. This contributes to the fact that people are not very social with one another.

Another possible answer is that we may be denying the fact that we're inherently all constantly competing against each other and this separates us all.

Even on the Social Animal channel where it appears that many people are open and friendly.....what Ruben doesn't point out is that they are only friendly on a superficial level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HHl5Oy7jmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.