REVERSE Culture Shock as an American

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

REVERSE Culture Shock as an American

Post by jamesbond »

Great video where this girl who is originally from the US explains reverse culture shock when she traveled back to the US after living in Italy.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: REVERSE Culture Shock as an American

Post by kangarunner »

jamesbond wrote:
July 5th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Great video where this girl who is originally from the US explains reverse culture shock when she traveled back to the US after living in Italy.

At least there are a few American women to keep it real about the US of insanity for f***s sake...On another note, there are absolutely ZERO videos of American expats making videos saying "I'm so glad to be back in America after living abroad. It's so much better back home here in the US!".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

kangarunner wrote:
July 5th, 2022, 3:48 pm
jamesbond wrote:
July 5th, 2022, 3:15 pm

At least there are a few American women to keep it real about the US of insanity for f***s sake...On another note, there are absolutely ZERO videos of American expats making videos saying "I'm so glad to be back in America after living abroad. It's so much better back home here in the US!".
Patriotism in America kind of reminds me of how my old college was. You couldn't say anything negative about my old college to any students there. To people who don't go to my school none of them seem to mind comparing and contrasting the positives and negatives of their college/campus. At my college, however, nothing other then complete and 100% "everything is wonderful" was acceptable. I was literally screamed at once by an alumni for just saying that "I liked it there" instead of saying that I loved it. It was honestly cult-like.

Now in recent years, I don't think its been as extreme in America. Obviously leftists love to bash America. Among mainstream conservatives though, what she said is still true. It feels like you can't criticize America for any reason, even to claim that its too socially liberal. If you tell mainstream conservatives that countries like Indonesia, the Philippines, and Japan are more authentically conservative then "conservative states" in the US are, some of them flip out and start acting like SJWs... Saying that those countries don't respect freedom or women's rights and negatively say that those countries believe women's place is in the home. Basically proving my point that a lot of American conservatives are fake conservatives.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

America is a nearly 4 million square mile military boot camp. Rushed like mad, expecting you to die for your boss, 24 hour hamster wheel schedules governed solely by the Earth's rotation.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Mercury wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 11:01 am
America is a nearly 4 million square mile military boot camp. Rushed like mad, expecting you to die for your boss, 24 hour hamster wheel schedules governed solely by the Earth's rotation.
Have you ever noticed that no one can truly relax in the US? Even when people are "hanging out", no one truly looks calm, chill, or relaxed.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This woman talks about her culture shock coming back to the US after living abroad for 15 years.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

jamesbond wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 7:04 pm
This woman talks about her culture shock coming back to the US after living abroad for 15 years.

Great video. It's good to see white women admitting the f***ing truth. She's right when she made the below observations:

(In America) I've noticed that friendliness can be shallow. Americans are into small talk and gossip and pettiness.

(In other countries) Cut through the small talk and get straight to really deep existential and philosophical things......