How do you loners manage to buy a car

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

How do you loners manage to buy a car

Post by MrMan »

I want to replace my used car with a less used car. My wife or son will have to go with me so I can get tgere and to drive one of the cars back.

I read complaints on here that it is hard to find a woman or make friends in whatever country the poster is in.

So my question is how do you guys buy a car if you don't live near family or have any friends?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: How do you loners manage to buy a car

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

MrMan wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 11:04 pm
I want to replace my used car with a less used car. My wife or son will have to go with me so I can get tgere and to drive one of the cars back.

I read complaints on here that it is hard to find a woman or make friends in whatever country the poster is in.

So my question is how do you guys buy a car if you don't live near family or have any friends?
I can't drive and refuse to even learn. Had a bad incident when I was sixteen when I almost ran over a group of school children and ever since then I swore to never drive again and still find myself traumatized by this experience so I don't even like sitting in a car half the time and go everywhere by bus or bike if I have to. Sometimes I have to rely on Uber or one of those services but I cannot ever drive knowing that I almost ran over a group of kids.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:

How are the two things relevant to one another? You would just have to buy a car being sold closer to where you live so you didn't need to rely on someone to give you a lift to pick it up.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Taxi, uber?
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Is the title of this thread supposed to imply that buying a car is more difficult for loners then other people? I don't understand why that would be.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 27th, 2022, 1:21 am
MrMan wrote:

How are the two things relevant to one another? You would just have to buy a car being sold closer to where you live so you didn't need to rely on someone to give you a lift to pick it up.
I wonder if you live in a really big city with public transportation or cars in walking distance. Most of the US has no public transportation to speak of. And if you have tried to buy a used car in the past year, if you have any criteria at all (e.g. no high mileage on American cars)... it's really slim pickings.

You don't have to be married or have children to have someone help you pick up a car, but if you don't have a friend to drive you it would be really hard. In some places you could Uber out to the location after to pick up a car you drove out there car, maybe, but that's quite a hassle.

Living overseas, getting sick on my own was an issue. I lived in a boarding house and the maids helped out, or I lived with a friend. I didn't want my friend nursing me to health. I had stomach bugs. I did get dengue fever... twice over a period of years.... after getting married. This sort of thing is easier to face when you are married.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
September 1st, 2022, 6:07 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

I wonder if you live in a really big city with public transportation or cars in walking distance. Most of the US has no public transportation to speak of. And if you have tried to buy a used car in the past year, if you have any criteria at all (e.g. no high mileage on American cars)... it's really slim pickings.

You don't have to be married or have children to have someone help you pick up a car, but if you don't have a friend to drive you it would be really hard. In some places you could Uber out to the location after to pick up a car you drove out there car, maybe, but that's quite a hassle.

Living overseas, getting sick on my own was an issue. I lived in a boarding house and the maids helped out, or I lived with a friend. I didn't want my friend nursing me to health. I had stomach bugs. I did get dengue fever... twice over a period of years.... after getting married. This sort of thing is easier to face when you are married.
I live in a small rural village. Getting around can be a pain in the ass. But that doesn't mean I have to depend on anyone else to go anywhere. It is more convenient to have someone who can drive you places, but it isn't impossible to get about.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 2nd, 2022, 2:50 pm
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

I live in a small rural village. Getting around can be a pain in the ass. But that doesn't mean I have to depend on anyone else to go anywhere. It is more convenient to have someone who can drive you places, but it isn't impossible to get about.
What country are you in. Ten, twenty, thirty, and a hundred mile treks can be difficult in the US without a car. The car market is pretty tight here, too.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
September 3rd, 2022, 11:26 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:

What country are you in. Ten, twenty, thirty, and a hundred mile treks can be difficult in the US without a car. The car market is pretty tight here, too.
I'm in the UK, so yeah I suppose the difference between here and the US is quite staggering in terms of distance. What is the furthest you have travelled by car in the US? I was on holiday in Scotland and had to drive all the way down south in a single day, it took about 5 hours or so.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 3rd, 2022, 12:02 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 3rd, 2022, 11:26 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I'm in the UK, so yeah I suppose the difference between here and the US is quite staggering in terms of distance. What is the furthest you have travelled by car in the US? I was on holiday in Scotland and had to drive all the way down south in a single day, it took about 5 hours or so.
Some of our western states are bigger than the UK. The furthest I've ever driven is about 859 miles (according to Google Maps) and I drove back that distance about a week later. That was a 12 hour and 50 minute drive. That would mean going the speed limit and not stopping for gas or food.

Wyoming is bigger than the UK and has 6 people per square mile. The UK has 727 people per square mile. I don't think I have ever lived anywhere as empty as Wyoming, but I road through some places like that when I was a small child.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

So, would buying a car fix any problems? Not really.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.