Preppy People and Preppy Fashion

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Preppy People and Preppy Fashion

Post by Lucas88 »

I remember that @Winston once said that he likes to wear preppy clothes that look smart. Shoutout to Winston! Happy birthday, bossman! Now, I've been accused of liking "preppy people" on this forum before. Well, it's true, I love preppy people and all kinds of preppiness. I even wish that there were an injectable peptide to make one preppier, just like there is Melanotan to make one more tanned. It's brand name would be "Preptide". Lol!

Yes, I love preppy people. I love preppy Paisa girls with big butts from Medellín. I love preppy mens (no homo) who lift weights, wrestle, excel at athletic pursuits and take care of their bodies. I also love preppy dancers who can bust out some preppy moves on the dancefloor. And, of course, I like preppy people who know how to dress well.

It is only natural that I want to be preppy. I want to be attractive and have style. I want to live the good life!

Being preppy is much better than being a fat, out-of-shape greasy dork vomit wearing a lame band T-shirt and sperging out over World of Warcraft. That should be obvious. Lol!

So, since I love preppy people so much and want to be a preppy person myself, I want to make a thread about preppy clothes and fashion.

Here is a commercial with a cute Black girl dressed in preppy clothes:

I've always loved that retro varsity style of fashion. I remember seeing some people dressed like that in Spain and have liked it ever since.

I don't know who that girl is. She seems to be some kind of artist but I don't recognize her. I mostly listen to 80s music. I don't have a clue who any of these new artists are.

Please post examples of preppy fashion, preferably that which is retro. I wanna overhaul my wardrobe and could do with some ideas. 8)
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Preppy People and Preppy Fashion

Post by Tsar »

People should always dress preppy or stylish. Luxury and style are important to success.

Ordinary dress doesn't enhance one's success. Less than ordinary is even worse.

People need to be athletic, stylish, and care about aesthetics. Girls can easily select a guy and that means they want a great guy.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Tsar wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 5:37 pm
People should always dress preppy or stylish. Luxury and style are important to success.

People need to be athletic, stylish, and care about aesthetics. Girls can easily select a guy and that means they want a great guy.
I disagree with that. I use to wear Goth fashion a lot, and I got way more attention than some dude wearing a jock jacket with his hair cut all nice and neat. Hell looking like Michael jackson from BAD had people wanting to take pic with me in public. Plus the preppy look always made people look like a spoil bitch to me.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Tsar wrote:

I disagree with that. I use to wear Goth fashion a lot, and I got way more attention than some dude wearing a jock jacket with his hair cut all nice and neat. Hell looking like Michael jackson from BAD had people wanting to take pic with me in public. Plus the preppy look always made people look like a spoil bitch to me.
Michael Jackson from BAD is a stylish look. He was a pop singer so he always dressed stylish.

When did Goth work for you? I assume that it probably won't work unless a guy is 22 or younger, preferably teen years. Are there really Goth adults?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Tsar wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 6:15 pm
Tsar wrote:

Michael Jackson from BAD is a stylish look. He was a pop singer so he always dressed stylish.

When did Goth work for you? I assume that it probably won't work unless a guy is 22 or younger, preferably teen years. Are there really Goth adults?
lol you're joking right? Because the Goth look isn't a teen or a young person thing at all. You have plenty of bands who are Gothic, Alice Cooper was Gothic, Manson was somewhat Gothic. And Michael Jackson was stylish sure but his image was still Goth/Punk inspired in that music video. I mean he had the studded boots, the gloves similar to what a lot of the heavy metal bands were sporting. No one preppy would wear the stuff he was wearing in that music video. If anything the Goth look is more adult than the preppy look. It makes you look serious and dangerous at the same time.

I bought most of it From Germany. Germany has a serious Goth scene that's bigger than anywhere else in Europe. I met plenty of adult goths in their 20s, 30s, 40s, even 50s. It's how you wear the look. If you wear them tripped pants from Hot topic then yeah it's going to sort of make you look like you're a teen still or trying to look like a teen still because those pants are easiyl associated with hot topic lol too many teenagers doing the got thing had those cargo pants with the chains on them and what not including myself. But I upgraded my gear to much better stuff since then. I'll post some examples of what I had.
Last edited by WanderingProtagonist on March 10th, 2023, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

The style is interesting but not sure it would fit a lot of people
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

The style is interesting but not sure it would fit a lot of people. As for me, i prefer more casual style and mostly wear simple jeans , hoodies and sportive shoes.
Footasylum is one of my favorite shops at the moment and i even wrote my reviews about them here. They sell many different famous brands for a good prices and offer a very quick delivery in my area. Actual shopping is not for me anymore.
Last edited by glanmit on March 22nd, 2023, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

March 10th, 2023, 6:18 pm
Tsar wrote:
Tsar wrote:

lol you're joking right? Because the Goth look isn't a teen or a young person thing at all. You have plenty of bands who are Gothic, Alice Cooper was Gothic, Manson was somewhat Gothic. And Michael Jackson was stylish sure but his image was still Goth/Punk inspired in that music video. I mean he had the studded boots, the gloves similar to what a lot of the heavy metal bands were sporting. No one preppy would wear the stuff he was wearing in that music video. If anything the Goth look is more adult than the preppy look. It makes you look serious and dangerous at the same time.

I bought most of it From Germany. Germany has a serious Goth scene that's bigger than anywhere else in Europe. I met plenty of adult goths in their 20s, 30s, 40s, even 50s. It's how you wear the look. If you wear them tripped pants from Hot topic then yeah it's going to sort of make you look like you're a teen still or trying to look like a teen still because those pants are easiyl associated with hot topic lol too many teenagers doing the got thing had those cargo pants with the chains on them and what not including myself. But I upgraded my gear to much better stuff since then. I'll post some examples of what I had.
Here's a picture of what this guy looks like:

Clearly, this man failed English class and has no idea what he's talking about, as he has no idea what the word "stylish" means. Preppy and Gothic Fashion are virtually identical. Gothic fashion is characterized by enigmatic, antiquated, homogeneous, and frequently genderless characteristics and consists primarily of black and dark-colored variations of everyday dress. In the early 1980s, the post-punk movement in the United Kingdom was the origin of Gothic fashion. It is a more casual and elegant style of goth that is inspired by anti-fashion and is less ostentatious and embellished than the majority of other goth fashions, which is more luxurious.

This gentleman's attire is not significantly different from mine.

I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

GerardButler wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 1:40 am
March 10th, 2023, 6:18 pm
Tsar wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Here's a picture of what this guy looks like:

Clearly, this man failed English class and has no idea what he's talking about, as he has no idea what the word "stylish" means. Preppy and Gothic Fashion are virtually identical. Gothic fashion is characterized by enigmatic, antiquated, homogeneous, and frequently genderless characteristics and consists primarily of black and dark-colored variations of everyday dress. In the early 1980s, the post-punk movement in the United Kingdom was the origin of Gothic fashion. It is a more casual and elegant style of goth that is inspired by anti-fashion and is less ostentatious and embellished than the majority of other goth fashions, which is more luxurious.

This gentleman's attire is not significantly different from mine.

Says the guy who wears shit that looks like it's from gay ass twilight. Preppy and Goth aren't the same thing, if you told that to any Goth on the street or at a club they would beat your ass with a spiked collar and shove their spiked boots up your asshole. You also picked some pic of a bunch of ugly fat people just to make fun of them. feel better now? Another thing you fail to realize is that people from the Goth scene strongly hated Preppy people and see them as stuck up bitches. I challenge you to go tell one their look is identical to that prep shit. If anyone who failed its you.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

You sound fairly deranged and stupid. Spiked collar and boots? Okay, I get it, you're a retarded "mall" goth lol

In the early 2000s, these types of retards were seen as posers who only listened to nu-metal and imitated goth fashion, which is merely variations on everyday attire. They would congregate in malls, particularly in front of shops such as Hot Topic, and are the most similar to emo styles. The fashion is comparable to that of Avril Lavigne in the early 2000s, but with a darker punkier twist.

The gothic subculture has appropriated a variety of aesthetic styles. For example, Victorian goth is refined and exquisite while also ostentatious and embellished. Which I actually enjoy:

Prep style to me just doesn't have the right colors and accents
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

I like preppy telenovela style of clothing and also I really like urban clothing.

I used to dress up everyday as a teenager,My organization fethullah gulen organization kind of put social pressure to dress that way,and I wanted to fit in.

I definately stuck out,in a negative way since I was around lower educated and lower class people.

When I went to a school in Amstelveen,a richer white-asian area,I finally fit in.