I am going to convert to Islam

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I am going to convert to Islam

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Yohan wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 9:07 am
MrMan wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 5:44 am
Marrying a non-Christian or a nominal Christian was not an option for me. Marriage affects too many areas of my life. My faith affects every area of my life. It would have been very foolish for me to marry a Muslim, an atheist, a Hindu, a Buddhist, or a secular party girl.
A difficult question to you, you said,

Marrying a non-Christian or a nominal Christian was not an option for me.

But what would you say, if your wife suddenly tells you she wants to convert to Buddhism, or joins actively any Christian orientated cult, like the Jehovahs, or wants to join the LDS in Utah....or even tells you the only way to happiness is Islam. What will you do? Will you file for divorce? Or not?
No, but that aint gonna happen.
Do you really think so? this can never happen to you?

Millions of people change their faith all the time.

Entire old religions disappeared, or are strongly declining.

In South Korea, Confucius teachings almost disappeared, Buddhism followers are now a minority, and Catholicism is growing (the only country in the world where the Catholic church is growing)

Also see what happened to Indonesia, it was a Hindu/Buddhism country before, and now 90 percent are followers of Islam and 10 percent of Christianity.

No, but that aint gonna happen.

How do you know your future? Did Jesus enlighten you?

Your comment is very contradictory, you said, to marry a non-Christian was not an option for you (BTW about what Christian do you mean, Catholic? Jehovah? Protestant? LDS etc. - are all who join a Christian related church or temple acceptable for you as a partner?)

but you also said, if your wife joins another religious group, even not Christianity related, divorce is not an option either...

Your solution is 'it will not happen to me' - but how do you know that?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 5:25 pm
MrMan has earned my respect on here. On a forum full of fake traditionalists who’s real ideology is actually something incredibly bizarre or downright deranged… MrMan stands out as one of the only members I’ve seen here who’s traditionalism is, without a question, completely genuine and authentic. He is a voice of sanity on a forum full of mental asylum patients and it’s nice to have some people like that around.
He is a voice of sanity? Not really, but I think he was lucky in his life somehow so far. It is however wrong to presume that everybody is in the same position as he is. - I surely was not and I left Catholic Church when I was 17 and never missed it.

I do not want to insult MrMan and do not want to insult you for your opinion, but MrMan is really a very religious bigot deeply into some kind of Christianity, but I am not sure into which kind of Christianity he really is - Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah, or LDS or whatever group using the Bible for their guideline.

I do not consider MrMan to be a traditionalist as he decided to marry international/interracial, and this is not appreciated by Christian traditionalists.
Christians - not so long time ago especially in USA and South Africa - were strongly supportive to apartheid, separating people by race and those governments outlawed marriage - and any sexual activity - between people of different race.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Yohan wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 12:21 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 5:25 pm
MrMan has earned my respect on here. On a forum full of fake traditionalists who’s real ideology is actually something incredibly bizarre or downright deranged… MrMan stands out as one of the only members I’ve seen here who’s traditionalism is, without a question, completely genuine and authentic. He is a voice of sanity on a forum full of mental asylum patients and it’s nice to have some people like that around.
He is a voice of sanity? Not really, but I think he was lucky in his life somehow so far. It is however wrong to presume that everybody is in the same position as he is. - I surely was not and I left Catholic Church when I was 17 and never missed it.

I do not want to insult MrMan and do not want to insult you for your opinion, but MrMan is really a very religious bigot deeply into some kind of Christianity, but I am not sure into which kind of Christianity he really is - Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah, or LDS or whatever group using the Bible for their guideline.

I do not consider MrMan to be a traditionalist as he decided to marry international/interracial, and this is not appreciated by Christian traditionalists.
Christians - not so long time ago especially in USA and South Africa - were strongly supportive to apartheid, separating people by race and those governments outlawed marriage - and any sexual activity - between people of different race.
MrMan never claimed to be a White nationalist. I think it’s pretty silly to say he isn’t a traditionalist just because he married an Asian girl.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Kalinago wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 7:34 pm
'God'has no proximate effect or interaction with humans,he is unconditioned.

the world is partially evil because of it's inherent gradation from perfection(God),and privation.

anything material and in motion cannot be perfect.
These are what we call unsupported assertions. Asserting something is not the same thing as offering evidence.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If you read the context of my post you would understand why I called him a brat and a sick person. In my opinion his religious ideology is very sick and he's a privileged brat who got lucky in life and thinks that he's blessed because of it while other people suffer of horrible diseases and mental illnesses because they deserve it. I didn't just insult him for no reason.
When did I say such a thing? You just made stuff up about me.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Mercer wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 4:29 pm
@MrMan, you're a privileged brat who just got lucky in life. If you had a shitty life and were forced to be an incel, deal with severe health problems, isolation, live in a dangerous country, etc. you wouldn't be thankful for anything either. Life is just all luck and there's no special meaning to any of this. It's actually very sick that there's privileged brats like you who think they were blessed when there's people right now who have horrific diseases that will never be cured, severe mental illnesses, etc. You're a very sick person if you think these people deserved these problems and you don't suffer from them because you were personally blessed.
I don't think we really deserve much if anything just for being human. I am not saying those who have mental illness, bad health, micropenis, etc. deserve it any more than those who do not have these problems. Some might. It depends on the person and the situation. You apparently have fingers... or something... that works to be able to type. You have had food or you would be dead by now. Don't you have a van? You have a lot of things to be thankful for.

If I had whatever problems you have had, I would hope that I would be thankful. I have had horrifically painful health problems. I've gone through years of poverty where I had food, but had to borrow money to survive (grad school) and support the family.
Also, just because we were forced to be born doesn't mean we have to like life or appreciate it. Why would a deity force someone into existence beyond their will and then demand that they worship them and appreciate life or suffer and then go to hell? That's also very sick.
God who made you gets to set the rules. You seem to have a very self-centered view of things, as if you exist to do what you wants, instead of what your Creator wants.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Kalinago This is a article showing the prevalence of religious belief in each Eastern European country. Most of the countries are about 95% Christian and the percentage selecting other religion is never more then 2%. And a lot of those people are Jews or the odd Buddhist. The percentage of neopagans in Eastern Europe is significantly less then 2% in pretty much every country…

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/20 ... 0tradition.

You’re wrong about the youth in Eastern Europe by the way. The young people are actually driving Eastern Europe’s move towards more religion. There are stories of people who mocked Jesus Christ being beaten in public in Eastern European countries. I went to Hungary and there is religious imagery everywhere in Hungary. It’s absolutely pervasive throughout the country.

Hungary has experienced more religious growth then perhaps any country in Europe besides maybe Poland. Back in 2011, 45% of Hungarians were unaffiliated with any religion. Now that percentage is only 20%. Hungary went from being less religious then even the most progressive blue states in America to being about as religious as a Bible Belt state in America.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 2:47 pm
You’re wrong about the youth in Eastern Europe by the way. The young people are actually driving Eastern Europe’s move towards more religion. There are stories of people who mocked Jesus Christ being beaten in public in Eastern European countries. I went to Hungary and there is religious imagery everywhere in Hungary. It’s absolutely pervasive throughout the country.
Can you share some articles?

Where did you see some religious imagery outside of churches and religious contexts?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Tsar wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 3:14 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 2:47 pm
Can you share some articles?

Where did you see some religious imagery outside of churches and religious contexts?
https://hyperallergic.com/499216/lgbtq-virgin-mary/

https://www.advocate.com/arts-entertain ... e-serbians

https://www.thepinknews.com/2019/09/25/ ... de-serbia/

I can’t find an article about it but I saw somebody post a video on 4chan from Croatia of a guy dressed as Jesus who was handing out condoms to people and he got beaten up by a mob.

In Hungary you see a lot of statues carrying crosses, the graveyards all have crosses on them, and there are these performances done in public where people roll out large crosses onto the stage. There’s also a lot of statues of different saints on the buildings.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Kalinago that stuff you said about Poland is complete hogwash. Not only is Catholicism extremely dominant in Poland but it is more so then before…

According to a 2011 survey by Ipsos MORI, 85% of the Poles remain Christians; 8% are irreligious, atheist, or agnostic; 2% adhere to unspecified other religions; and 5% did not answer the question.

According to 2018 statistics assembled by Statistics Poland, 93.5% of the population is affiliated with a religion; 3.1% do not belong to any religion. The most practiced religion was Roman Catholicism, whose followers comprised the 91.9% of the population, followed by the Eastern Orthodox with 0.9%
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 4:05 pm
@Kalinago that stuff you said about Poland is complete hogwash. Not only is Catholicism extremely dominant in Poland but it is more so then before…

According to a 2011 survey by Ipsos MORI, 85% of the Poles remain Christians; 8% are irreligious, atheist, or agnostic; 2% adhere to unspecified other religions; and 5% did not answer the question.

According to 2018 statistics assembled by Statistics Poland, 93.5% of the population is affiliated with a religion; 3.1% do not belong to any religion. The most practiced religion was Roman Catholicism, whose followers comprised the 91.9% of the population, followed by the Eastern Orthodox with 0.9%
I spent Easter, 2014 in Warsaw. All the stores and most of the restaurants closed at 4 p.m. Friday and reopened at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. The family I was renting a place from spent about 15 hours altogether in church over that period. I certainly had the impression that the Christian faith of the Poles was a big deal to them. I was told that the Czechs lost their religion under communism, but Poles didn't.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

gsjackson wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 4:42 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 4:05 pm

I spent Easter, 2014 in Warsaw. All the stores and most of the restaurants closed at 4 p.m. Friday and reopened at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. The family I was renting a place from spent about 15 hours altogether in church over that period. I certainly had the impression that the Christian faith of the Poles was a big deal to them. I was told that the Czechs lost their religion under communism, but Poles didn't.
Yeah, Czechia is noticeably the least religious country out of all the former Soviet nations. It’s weird how Czechia stands out as being the only country in the former Soviet bloc where religion legitimately got erased. I suppose it would have happened in Hungary had it not been for Orban.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Too many articles and videos on youtube suggest that Islam is kicking Christianity's ass. Basically these articles all imply that Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth. But I can't decide if any of that is really true or false. Not sure why anyone wants to convert to Islam anyway, what a gay ass religion. And yes china does support communism. Why do you think the U.S. is so desperately trying to adopt that shit now?
The fastest growing 'religion' is atheism, especially in Western countries.

Islam is claiming to be the fastest growing religion on earth, but it is denying members to resign. One time a Muslim you will always be counted as a Muslim until your death. If you want to leave Islam you might be threatened with assassination in several countries, like Pakistan, Afghanistan...
Another factor is the birth rate, Muslims have more children than Christians, for example in Nigeria. Other factors are missing birth control, no abortion in those countries.

The Catholic Church is different, you can resign officially, and your name is removed from the Church registry. You might get some nasty remarks for doing this, but that's all. You have to bring your baptism certificate and it will be stamped with a short text that you are not a member of the Catholic Church anymore. Finished.

Why somebody wants to convert to Islam, I have no idea - some Western men are doing this for paying off Muslim parents in exchange of marriage of their daughter it seems - I would never do this and cannot recommend it for other men either. Some poor Hindu women are doing this to marry wealthy Muslim men in Asia, in India for example. In Malaysia you have no choice - you are Muslim automatically if you are born as a person of Malay ethnicity and you can never resign.

All what a person who does not want to be a Muslim anymore can do in many countries is to disregard everything what Islam is telling him or her to do, like prayers, eating habits, willing to socialize with people of other faith etc. - But still is counted as a Muslim....But how many people are they who are forced to be Muslims but want to give up their religion?

In general, it's difficult to count and compare religions and how many followers they have worldwide.

In Japan there is no official count, religion is strictly private. However Buddhist organizations can prove that more than 80 % of all Japanese own within a Buddhist temple a family grave. Shinto followers (both religions to not exclude each other and can be practiced by the same person) celebrate birth of children and marriage in Shinto Shrines....

There are also many cults in Asia, like El Shaddai in Philippines, or the Moonies Unification Church in South Korea with millions of followers.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 7:10 am
MrMan never claimed to be a White nationalist. I think it’s pretty silly to say he isn’t a traditionalist just because he married an Asian girl.
I never used in my comment the phrase 'white nationalist' - however I said, MrMan is a religious bigot living in USA but it is unclear to me in which group of Christianity he fits in.

USA is a Christian majority country which clearly has severe race related issues and had in the past even prohibition of mixed race marriage up to 1967.
South Africa is another Christianity orientated country with similar problems and had prohibition of mixed race marriage up to 1992.

Christianity is not supportive to international/mixed race marriage and USA - the largest Christianity orientated country in this world - is the only country in this world which created the 'International Marriage Broker Regulation Act 2005 to make introduction to foreign women for marriage with US-citizens more complicated than with the local American girl.

----

It is interesting, because this is a thread about Islam, that race/foreigner related to marriage in Islam was never any issue. You are Muslim you are in, and you are non-Muslim you are out (except some women who are Jews or Christians). Islamic countries never had race-related laws regarding marriage as far as I know - even slaves had the right after a few years to convert to Islam and to be released.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Yohan wrote:
March 15th, 2023, 9:16 pm
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
March 14th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Too many articles and videos on youtube suggest that Islam is kicking Christianity's ass. Basically these articles all imply that Islam is the fastest growing religion on earth. But I can't decide if any of that is really true or false. Not sure why anyone wants to convert to Islam anyway, what a gay ass religion. And yes china does support communism. Why do you think the U.S. is so desperately trying to adopt that shit now?
The fastest growing 'religion' is atheism, especially in Western countries.

Islam is claiming to be the fastest growing religion on earth, but it is denying members to resign. One time a Muslim you will always be counted as a Muslim until your death. If you want to leave Islam you might be threatened with assassination in several countries, like Pakistan, Afghanistan...
Another factor is the birth rate, Muslims have more children than Christians, for example in Nigeria. Other factors are missing birth control, no abortion in those countries.

The Catholic Church is different, you can resign officially, and your name is removed from the Church registry. You might get some nasty remarks for doing this, but that's all. You have to bring your baptism certificate and it will be stamped with a short text that you are not a member of the Catholic Church anymore. Finished.

Why somebody wants to convert to Islam, I have no idea - some Western men are doing this for paying off Muslim parents in exchange of marriage of their daughter it seems - I would never do this and cannot recommend it for other men either. Some poor Hindu women are doing this to marry wealthy Muslim men in Asia, in India for example. In Malaysia you have no choice - you are Muslim automatically if you are born as a person of Malay ethnicity and you can never resign.

All what a person who does not want to be a Muslim anymore can do in many countries is to disregard everything what Islam is telling him or her to do, like prayers, eating habits, willing to socialize with people of other faith etc. - But still is counted as a Muslim....But how many people are they who are forced to be Muslims but want to give up their religion?

In general, it's difficult to count and compare religions and how many followers they have worldwide.

In Japan there is no official count, religion is strictly private. However Buddhist organizations can prove that more than 80 % of all Japanese own within a Buddhist temple a family grave. Shinto followers (both religions to not exclude each other and can be practiced by the same person) celebrate birth of children and marriage in Shinto Shrines....

There are also many cults in Asia, like El Shaddai in Philippines, or the Moonies Unification Church in South Korea with millions of followers.
That's what surprises me though, how do cult leaders even convince people to follow them? You can't just go out on the street and start talking, then people will follow you. I've always wondered how cult leaders successfully convinced millions or thousands to follow them. Sort of like what Satanism does, but to some extent I kind of feel that all religions are cult like in a way. Some more extreme than others. I also didn't know about the Malaysian thing though.