Anti-COVID shot letter from a doctor?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Anti-COVID shot letter from a doctor?

Post by MrMan »

The last I read to go to Indonesia as an American, you had to have a Covid shot and maybe a booster or two or else a letter from a doctor from a government hospital explaining why you couldn't have one. My wife went over there with a letter from a doctor before they added the government hospital rule, and the immigration people just accepted it. She'd had allergies as a child, and told them that, so they let her travel all around while the government was being Draconian about Covid. I'm sure she considered it divine favor.

It was kind of crazy over there. They were nearly forcing people to get shots.

I'd really like to take the family back there over the summer. We have family, ministry stuff we want to do, and some business interests over there.

So I am wondering where in the US I could go to a state hospital to get a letter from a doctor like this? Maybe enough time has passed so that doctors, especially doctors at state hospitals, aren't under incredible pressure. Maybe I could find one who is anti-vax who doesn't think anyone should get the vaccine.

My medical reason for not getting it is that I don't want to get a nasty white blood clot, I don't want heart problems, and I don't want to be a GMO (changes in liver DNA from the mRNA shot.) I am also not at an age to be at especially high risk from Covid. I tested positive for Corona Virus, stayed home, and had some slight irritation in the back of the nasal cavity less intense than a regular cold, along with some odd melancholy moods and a bit of light fever that lasted a day or two, and a bit of achy weakness.... nothing major. But if I have natural immunity, I think that's better than an mRNA shot. I've gotten other shots. But I don't want this rushed shot made with undertested technology that has had these kinds of side effects to protect against a defunct disease that I wasn't at a very high risk of dying over, statistically, in the first place.

I think I have a solid medical rationale here, as a non MD. I just need a doctor that shares my reasoning that works at a state hospital. Two of my kids are exempted from the requirement for shot. The other kids would be too old when we got to Indonesia if we went this summer, so I'd need to get them letters, too.

I'm thinking if we stand in line to meet the government officials at the airport, I can line up by myself and put my kids with the shot exemptions with my wife, or two sets of shot exemption papers so it doesn't look like we are just an anti-vax family and we don't get too much special attention. But the kid with their mother might be at an advantage for getting into the country.

Does anyone know a doctor at a state hospital who can give out letters recommending against a Covid shot? I'd prefer something with the state in the title. I wasn't in the military, so I can't go to the VA. I know there is an 'Ohio State University Hospital' or something like that, for example. That has a state name in it. I assume it is connected to the university and therefore the state. Does anyone else know a similarly named hospital? If it isn't state owned, it can sound state owned.

In the meantime, I'll be praying for the restriction to lift. My wife and I had been praying for restrictions to lift, and they did lighten up around the end of last year. This restriction on foreigners coming in now needs to be lifted. They are trying to build a new capital, and if it occurs to the president that these regulations could hinder foreign investment, that might give him a reason to rethink his policy.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anti-COVID shot letter from a doctor?

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:53 am
..... I tested positive for Corona Virus, stayed home, and had some slight irritation in the back of the nasal cavity less intense than a regular cold, along with some odd melancholy moods and a bit of light fever that lasted a day or two, and a bit of achy weakness.... nothing major.
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA IN SINGAPORE

https://kemlu.go.id/singapore/en/news/1 ... april-2022
1. PCR test is no longer required to enter Indonesia if traveler fully vaccinated. Note: Airlines / carriers may have different requirement to board their transport vehicle regarding PCR test;
-----
6. A traveler that has been Covid-19 infected is exempted from showing Covid-19 vaccine certificate as long as traveler can show a medical attestation from doctor/hospital/ministry of health or a Covid-19 recovery certificate from departure country (in English) confirming that the traveler is no longer transmitting Covid-19 and not yet possible or cannot receive full dose of Covid-19 vaccine ;
Do you not have any document that you had been infected with covid-19 before and tested positive?

Did you check requirements with the airline you will use for your trip?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 8:46 am
MrMan wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 5:53 am
..... I tested positive for Corona Virus, stayed home, and had some slight irritation in the back of the nasal cavity less intense than a regular cold, along with some odd melancholy moods and a bit of light fever that lasted a day or two, and a bit of achy weakness.... nothing major.
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA IN SINGAPORE

https://kemlu.go.id/singapore/en/news/1 ... april-2022
1. PCR test is no longer required to enter Indonesia if traveler fully vaccinated. Note: Airlines / carriers may have different requirement to board their transport vehicle regarding PCR test;
-----
6. A traveler that has been Covid-19 infected is exempted from showing Covid-19 vaccine certificate as long as traveler can show a medical attestation from doctor/hospital/ministry of health or a Covid-19 recovery certificate from departure country (in English) confirming that the traveler is no longer transmitting Covid-19 and not yet possible or cannot receive full dose of Covid-19 vaccine ;
Do you not have any document that you had been infected with covid-19 before and tested positive?

Did you check requirements with the airline you will use for your trip?
I took a home test from the US government or from CVS. I did not check with the doctor when I had the illness. I told him later, and he refused to give any letter to get out of taking the shot. He seemed concern with liability. My doctor is not at a government hospital.

I have no proof of having been infected. But in that case, the doctor would still have to attest that I cannot receive the full vaccine. Other sites say a letter from a government hospital is required.

I suppose I could fly to Malaysia and walk across the border into Kalimantan, but that wouldn't be legal.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 10:06 am
I took a home test from the US government or from CVS. I did not check with the doctor when I had the illness. I told him later, and he refused to give any letter to get out of taking the shot.
Of course. That would risk harvesting one less soul for Satan and getting behind with his quota.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 10:14 am
MrMan wrote:
I took a home test from the US government or from CVS. I did not check with the doctor when I had the illness. I told him later, and he refused to give any letter to get out of taking the shot.
Of course. That would risk harvesting one less soul for Satan and getting behind with his quota.
I think he was afraid of some legal or professional ramifications. He might have mentioned a policy from the medical organization he worked for.

I'd like to be able to find a state/government hospital, preferrably with a state or possibly city name in it, that has a doctor willing to give my whole family exemption letters. Maybe @HouseMD would know of one, even though he seems pretty pro-vax.

I don't get the rationale behind having kids get vaccines, though, since they are at pretty low risk if they get Covid, and there have been some heart problems with vaxxed young men.
Last edited by MrMan on March 18th, 2023, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:

I took a home test from the US government or from CVS. I did not check with the doctor when I had the illness. I told him later, and he refused to give any letter to get out of taking the shot. He seemed concern with liability. My doctor is not at a government hospital.

I have no proof of having been infected. But in that case, the doctor would still have to attest that I cannot receive the full vaccine. Other sites say a letter from a government hospital is required.

I suppose I could fly to Malaysia and walk across the border into Kalimantan, but that wouldn't be legal.
But what about an antibody test? I do not know about USA, but here in Japan it's not expensive and might be helpful for you.

https://www.tokyomidtown-mc.jp/en/news/ ... start.html
Notice of starting new coronavirus antibody test
Antibody test for a new coronavirus infection is available at Tokyo Midtown Clinic.
*This is not a PCR test.

◆What is antibody test?

It is a test to see if you have antibodies against the new coronavirus infection.
This test will show you the possibility of a past infection with the virus.

* This test is not to diagnose whether you currently have the new coronavirus.
* This antibody test cannot be used to confirm the new coronavirus infection.
* The duration that the antibody test can be positive may be limited.
◆Cost of the test

At the outpatient department: 6,600 yen (tax included)
As an optional test to health screening/medical checkup: 5,500 yen (tax included)

◆How to receive the result

The test result report will be mailed to the designated address in around a week.

◆How to make a reservation

At the outpatient department, we take reservations by phone (03-5413-0080).
If you are going to take a health screening/medical checkup, please ask the staff on the day of your screening/checkup.

◆Notes

Unlike the PCR test and the antigen test, the antibody test is not a test to diagnose whether you are currently infected or not. Therefore, the target of the test is those who have no symptom.
https://dayakdaily.com/1200-passengers- ... er-routes/

It is not impossible to cross the border from Sarawak/Kuching to Pontianak to West Kalimantan, but what will you do there? To continue by a domestic flight? Or by a ferry to where? I think it will take several days, and is nothing but time-waste.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 10:29 am
Cornfed wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 10:14 am
MrMan wrote:
I think he was afraid of some legal or professional ramifications. He might have mentioned a policy from the medical organization he worked for.
Of course. His organization would be all on board with Satan.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

What is the official policy of Indonesia? Are they requiring that stuff for citizens too or just non-resident foreigners?