What would you do with one million cash?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: What would you do with one million cash?

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrMan wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 1:22 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 9:48 am
That's easy.
I would put it in ETF funds, stocks, and bonds and live in some inexpensive country in Europe or panama.
I don't do mass real estate because too many hoops you have to jump through with local building permits, fire inspections, taxes, repair cost, and possible legal issues with your tenants. I just buy small house for my self in my new country.
Let's say you wanted to put your millions in ETFs for just a few months and take them out. I know if the market goes down, you could lose money doing this, but what about transaction costs? For a million dollars, can you get the transaction costs down to where putting them in an investment won't lose you money over the short term like that?
There is no transaction cost.. and there are ETFs that pays good dividend yields(3% to 12%) and have solid track records. But beware! You would have to do your research on that one and always diversify.

You also don't invest it all at once, you invest portion by portion to "average down" the stock value. So when the market tanks, you still get dividends and your stock price doesn't tank like toliet paper.

If you have a million then you might get close to $10,000 every month. You can even live off with that money in the U.S or western Europe. You will live like a king when you live in the philippines or Eastern Europe.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Tsar wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 11:35 pm
Imagine you earned your first million (dollars, euros, pounds, or the equivalent in crypto). What do you do with it? What would you buy? Where would you go? How would you remake your life or give your life a makeover?

I'm sure that in most countries, that's enough money to live off it for an entire lifetime and only spend the income that it generates.
The way things are going it will make good toiletry shortly..
Time to Hide!
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Tsar wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 11:35 pm
Imagine you earned your first million (dollars, euros, pounds, or the equivalent in crypto). What do you do with it? What would you buy? Where would you go? How would you remake your life or give your life a makeover?

I'm sure that in most countries, that's enough money to live off it for an entire lifetime and only spend the income that it generates.
Assuming we're talking about $1,000,000 new actual cash $$$'s (not any balance-sheet based finagling about "net worth" on the books being "valued" @ $1million, heheh), I'd hedge by immediately buying some other assets like gold, silver, and crypto and securities that yield a reasonably high rate of return. Then enlarging my trading account with a half million $$'s would mean even being a mediocre short-term trader would easily yield a comfortable living for me.

Then I'd plunk down some cash for Caribbean citizenship by investment programs in MULTIPLE islands. (I still want to renounce my US citizenship but haven't been able to decide just one place alone that I want to favor as the main place to apply for foreign citizenship, but $1m extra would make that a lot easier to obtain multiple passports quick. :) )

After that I'd have an interesting puzzle on my hands, because no way in hell am I leaving my current gf (she is awesome, also really hot by my standards, but she doesn't want anymore kids and is only a bit younger than me LOL), but I still have the inclination to have 10+ kids at some point with some big-assed broads and build a great big clannish extended family...
Even a million $$'s wouldn't really make it easy for me to figure out how to "tread the lion's tail" and get away with that one, but I'm thinking about it, even without the extra million. :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
milevaa
Freshman Poster

Post by milevaa »

Buy a lot of clothes
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I would probably donate all of it to the charity of my choice in order to help others in need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
milevaa
Freshman Poster

Post by milevaa »

I will buy a new house, invest money in business and also buy a pair of brand shoes. I'm dreaming of them for a long period of time after finding them here https://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/ ... rvice.html. they are too expensive for me but I hope one day I will be able to buy them.
HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyDany »

If I had a million dollars, I would be smart about how to use it. I would invest half of it in low-risk options, to secure my future. I would also set aside a quarter of it for health emergencies or medical expenses. The remaining money would be for enjoying life, but not in an extravagant way. I would travel, buy some nice things, and send my kids to nice universities.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

milevaa wrote:
October 17th, 2023, 4:02 pm
I will buy a new house, invest money in business and also buy a pair of brand shoes. I'm dreaming of them for a long period of time after finding them here https://www.pissedconsumer.com/company/ ... rvice.html. they are too expensive for me but I hope one day I will be able to buy them.
If we all got a million dollars, we could all buy boots, clothes, and watches and post pictures of them on here like PAG used to do with his clothes. :)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I could get the Big Mac meal if I went to McDonald's.