Home security considerations

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Home security considerations

Post by Lucas88 »

I've just been informed that a neighbor who lives about 100 yards away from my house was last night the victim of a robbery. A pair of men armed with axes and each donning a balaclava forced their way into his house at 2:00 AM and demanded that he hand over the keys for his vehicle. They then made off with the vehicle leaving the man traumatized.

This kind of incident is now happening in my quiet humble town in the UK. This place is normally safe and relatively peaceful but home burglaries are becoming more common.

News of the incident made me think about home security. I have a collection of oriental swords at home. Most of them are fully functional and would absolutely maim a human being.

However, I see two problems with the swords as a home defense tactic. One, the swords are probably too long to swing effectively indoors, and two, they are legally classed as a weapon and so the penalty for attacking an intruder with one of them could be steep. I don't want to go to jail for some asshole who tried to burgle my property.

So I've thought about keeping hammers and axes in strategic locations around the kitchen. A hammer or axe is more wieldy indoors, can cause serious damage, and is considered a tool as opposed to a weapon.

Question 1:

What are your recommendations for home security in a country where firearms are heavily prohibited?

Question 2:

What are some things to consider while residing in a location widely held to be dangerous such as some regions of Latin America?

Would it be better to live in an apartment block (in a relatively decent area) as opposed to a regular house with easy access?

An apartment is harder to enter with one point of entry and a balcony instead of a garden. Many apartment blocks also have a rudimentary security system with an intercom and access granted only when a resident gives permission. There is also the advantage of safety in numbers as various neighbors live together in relatively close proximity.

What do you guys think?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Home security considerations

Post by Cornfed »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 5:29 am
Question 1:

What are your recommendations for home security in a country where firearms are heavily prohibited?
Be familiar with your local black markets.
Question 2:

What are some things to consider while residing in a location widely held to be dangerous such as some regions of Latin America?
Move to a low crime area of that otherwise dangerous region, preferably populated by non-scum, non-pansy people who legally own firearms.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Our good buddy @WilliamSmith offered some good advance on non-lethal projectile weapons in a previous thread of mine about weapons and instruments of killing:
WilliamSmith wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 8:08 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
June 24th, 2022, 9:02 am
Since it's not feasible to obtain high-quality firearms here and harsh sentences are imposed upon those who attempt to purchase them through illegal means, I'm looking to invest in some functional projectile weapons like maybe a crossbow.
When guns are not an option because of being banned or unavailable:

A crossbow is a pretty cool idea, but when I researched them for non-lethal weapons, they're not as easy to unleash hell as weapons you could fire more projectiles from fast (bear spray, or paintball guns with jawbreaker or pepper ball rounds, another idea which sounds silly but I'll explain...

Paintball guns that can be pretty high powered have both jawbreaker rounds that you could f**k someone up pretty bad with from a fair distance with more strength than many non-lethal weapons. (Paintballs to make splats for sports aren't fun to be hit with either, but the jawbreakers are more like a riot control gun that law enforcement might use, but could be good to send some lower-level punks or SHTF zombies running, at minimum.)

But not only that, pepper-ball rounds are rather expensive, but you can get pepper ball rounds for paintball guns so you not only nail them with a high-impact paintball, but one that splatters mace-like pepper spray all over them.

Whichever ammo you use, the kind of paintball guns with a big attached ammo canister called a hopper that can hold up to 200 rounds. (That'd cost a lot if it was all pepper ball rounds, but jawbreaker rounds and that ammo capacity and you could f**k some dudes up.) They are strong enough to f**k someone up with head shots, and a well-placed shot in the eye or temple could theoretically kill an attacker.

I thought that's worth mentioning because I believe airsoft is legal even in the f***ed up UK where you and @Pixel--Dude are. (I don't know much about that, but noticed there were a lot of airsoft videos by brits, so it might be worth looking into. And of course with your warrior personality, you might enjoy the sport of combat airsoft too.)

So my sentiment is: Crossbows are cool and 1 shot from one has higher potential to kill if the shot is well placed, and certainly can seriously reduce an attacker's effectiveness even if it just wounds, but the ammo capacity is so limited vs the paintball guns where you can get a @#$%load of shots and fire them off very fast too... If I was under fire, I'd certainly rather try my luck vs one jawbreaker round than 1 crossbow bolt, but vs dozens or hundreds of jawbreakers, hmmm...

Paintball guns are also made to look convincingly (at least to a layman) like real high-powered firearms a lot of times, too, so they might be a nice deterrent:
The bigger ammo canister hoppers that allows you to tons of rounds are of course a giveaway, but if that could somehow be concealed (some attach from the bottom/side area instead of sit on top), it's a good option because a lower-order of troublemakers would be scared off more quickly by a very real looking weapon that looked like an AR-15 or something like that).
Having re-read William's advice, I might invest in a decent paintball gun and get some jawbreaker ammo for it. I'd keep the paintball gun fully loaded and hidden in some strategic location in the kitchen with the intention of unleashing some rounds from a distance upon any criminal who attempts to break into my property. A few jawbreakers to the head should stop them in their tracks!

Paintball Gun With Riot Balls For Home Defense

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

@Lucas88
Ah yes, I don't know about much about the UK, but heard "Airsoft" is pretty big in the UK despite your ZOG having grabbed most of your actual guns there. I have some of those airguns back on my little RE back in the jewnited states.

For a sailor and/or resident of the Caribbean (and a lot of Latin America as far as I know), actual firearms are highly desirable but a major PIA when it comes to the laws from what I've looked into, and a lot of times there's also customs restrictions that I suspect would apply to stuff like airsoft guns, so that brings me to the topic of: MACHETES!
There's a lot of areas where the gangs and criminals can get illegal guns easy, but law-abiding citizens can't (which is a real PIA), but you can also legally carry machetes with minimal hassle in a lot of these same areas. I have been studying machete fighting a bit, a fun topic to return to soon. :D

Other fun stuff from boats: Flare guns and spear-guns. :)
Obviously not a substitute for real firearms, but both pirates and home invaders nonetheless have a track record of not enjoying being shot with either or both of these. :mrgreen:

Last but not least: Bear-spray is gold! In the jewnited states, it's a lot more powerful than police-mace. Just make sure you prepare for what environment you'll be firing it off in, because that stuff is really potent and you don't want any blowback of that in your own face. :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/