The myth of the liberal media - Chomsky

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

The myth of the liberal media - Chomsky

Post by Winston »

America has a way of proclaiming to be the opposite of what it really is as a form of diversion from the truth and mind control technique to keep you from perceiving reality. The famous critic Noam Chomsky notes this about the "liberal media myth", that in reality the media is very conservative and tightly aligned with business interests, which is clear from the evidence, yet they continually propagate the myth that it is liberal as though it were a given fact of common knowledge. See Chomsky's explanation here in this video.

Last edited by Winston on August 29th, 2010, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The mainstream media often are "liberal" on the "wedge" or "social" issues, such as gay rights, abortion, school prayer, etc. This gives them cover to be absolute reactionaries when it comes to the important issues of preserving vested corporate and governmental interests. The great triumph of the oligarchy in the U.S. is to have used the media that they own to convince voters to vote almost exclusively on these wedge issues, and never to vote their own financial interests because the media prevent them from discerning those interests.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Brilliant gsjackson. You nailed it again! You must feel blessed to be one of the few who have woken up from the shackles of mind control that we're under. Our job now is to help liberate, awaken and enlighten others.

Btw all, whether you believe in conspiracies and the NWO or not, there is no question that America is an oligarchy, ruled by the rich and corporatocracy. Not by the people. That we can all agree on at least.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Brilliant gsjackson. You nailed it again! You must feel blessed to be one of the few who have woken up from the shackles of mind control that we're under.
Blessed? How about cursed? Gathering awareness in the U.S. is a process of gradually coming to realize that you live in a hopelessly misdirected culture. I felt blessed when I was 15 and believed that everything was for the best in this best of all possible worlds. (Yes, I read Candide at that age and took Dr. Pangloss straight up, the irony altogether lost on me because my experiences confirmed the Leibnitzean view). The happiest people I know in the U.S. are the ones who are able to remain oblivious to the culture at large, and keep themselves occupied making money or perfecting some craft. Mindlessness, at least on a broad, social level = happiness, here in the U.S.

Maybe cognitive dissonance will catch up with them and wreak havoc on their health, or some such. Or maybe not. For me, there's no going back to the lost paradise of 15, much as I've tried over the years. Have to work my way through the social criticism to a more gratifying perspective. Probably most of us here are tasked with taking the route of comparative cultural analysis to some sort of wisdom. Not to worry. I think real knowledge of the world is one of the four Hindu paths to THE GOAL, so it's a time-tested approach.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I’m not sure how it improves my life either, but I am still glad that my awareness makes me able to resist being a Pavlovian dog trained by the media to hate Iran or adopt their latest fantasy, and wouldn't want to go back to sleep.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gsjackson,
Blessed or cursed, well maybe both :) Many blessings are curses in disguise and vice versa.

Check out this episode of Logan's Run called "Fear Factor". It shows a community where people are dumbed down and controlled to be obedient slaves. It's chilling accurate about our society. There's even an "inner circle" where the secrets are known. You'd love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGc8q94VMdw

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The media is essentially Israeli. It bashes Muslims, it bashes Iran, it promotes feminism, it promotes war in the middle east, support for Israel, illegal immigration, these new gay marriage rights which no one thought of for over 40 years now. The media is basically owned by less than a handful of corporations, all of which are extremely sympathetic to Israel and Jewish interests (not necessarily Jews in particular, but Jewish macro interests).

On some issues the media is extremely conservative (e.g. neoconservative, such as wars). On the other hand, it is extremely liberal, and feminist. Whichever ideologies work best to destabilize the nation to extract the most wealth while preventing the masses from waking up to the reality of our situation.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The media is essentially Israeli. It bashes Muslims, it bashes Iran,
It bashes Southerners, Germans and Russians, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

ladislav wrote:
The Chinese, Mexico and Africa as well...
have2fly
Junior Poster

right

Post by have2fly »

Hell yea, I can add that US media bashes France, Canada and South America constantly! However, French don't seem to be hating Americans as much! I constantly talk to French in English and they either say "No speak English" or they say "A little English" and continue conversation. I get service in English at cafe's and restaurants. Try to freakin' find a French-speaking cafe in the USA :) Or Russian-speaking one (unless you are in Brooklyn).
Blessed? How about cursed? Gathering awareness in the U.S. is a process of gradually coming to realize that you live in a hopelessly misdirected culture. I felt blessed when I was 15 and believed that everything was for the best in this best of all possible worlds. (Yes, I read Candide at that age and took Dr. Pangloss straight up, the irony altogether lost on me because my experiences confirmed the Leibnitzean view). The happiest people I know in the U.S. are the ones who are able to remain oblivious to the culture at large, and keep themselves occupied making money or perfecting some craft. Mindlessness, at least on a broad, social level = happiness, here in the U.S.
Damn! That's totally my thoughts :) Right on. I felt happy upon my arrival to the USA, but I was NEVER comfortable or NEVER felt included into the U.S. society. I kept telling myself "you will get over it, you are just an immigrant, it takes time to adjust"... But no, I could not get used to driving rusted pickup truck and listening to country and watching stupid sports games on TV. I could not get used to "playing fake games" with girls and basically using banter to lower their self-esteem. I could not used to horrible dressing culture and no where to walk on foot. I could not get used to no celebrations, no family/friends dining/cooking culture (grills and beer don't count). I could not get used to people thinking that making $12 an hour was a blessing because they don't even have high school diploma. I could not get used to people having NO IDEA on how to hang out and properly behave, have a cultured and elegant behavior - as they do in France and other EU countries... Damn, I finally woke up about 2 years ago after watching Michael Moore and figuring out my ideas and conclusions, which are described at this website in great detail, which led me into understanding that my culture, my knowledge, my manners and education are WELL ABOVE of an average American. It's not me being an immigrant, it is THEM being shallow and rather lacking basic information about how to live a life and what really matters in life besides war in Iraq and football games.

So yes, I never adjusted to life (lie?) in the USA, but I just got used to it. I would love to ban Hollywood movies all over the world, so they don't continue to promote lies and paradise images of the USA to everyone because it is simply a propaganda which is not even accurate. Where all the obese people in Hollywood movies? Where do they show people who spend 50% of their life in the gym working out to stay fit? Where do they show complete lack of public transportation or good food? Where do they show horrible lack of culture, behavior or spending leisure time? Where do they show lack of "REAL" friendship in the USA? Or men that "give up" on women in their 30's? Or men who about without dating or sex for years? (I can easily see why and how, if I wouldn't be an immigrant, I would probably be mentally sick by now because of inability to get girls or establish any kind of decent friendship).
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

ladislav wrote:
Germans are Nazis. You have no idea the disdain Jews have for Germans. I can quote reputable sources if you like. Russia escaped out of Zionist control. So has China so far.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The myth of the liberal media - Chomsky

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. Liberals usually hate big corporations and consider them corrupt and evil. But then why is the mainstream media liberal then? Especially since big corporations own the major media. So why doesn't the media side with liberals and be anti corporation? Seems like a contradiction.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston, why do you revive these old threads? Are you drunk?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:I don't get something. Liberals usually hate big corporations and consider them corrupt and evil. But then why is the mainstream media liberal then? Especially since big corporations own the major media. So why doesn't the media side with liberals and be anti corporation? Seems like a contradiction.
The media are pro-establishment conservative (Zionist, to be more precise) on economic and foreign policy issues, liberal (Zionist, to be more precise) on social issues.

Edit: Oh, I see I made the same point over seven years ago. Hence, Corny's question seconded.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:Winston, why do you revive these old threads? Are you drunk?
Because i just wanted to ask one question and i didnt want to start a new thread for it. Simple as that. Better to ask in a related thread. Dont need unnecessary new threads.