Are Asian Students Smarter? - News Reports

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I just noticed on the first vid of OP at around 3:20 where they red-out all the countries on a map where Asian American students can trace their ancestry, Taiwan and PI were missed. But even Sri Lanka and Mongolia were included.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:I agree odbo. Aren't you glad that I'm way different than the Asians in that video about tiger moms? lol Aren't I refreshing compared to them? lol

It's sad how they attach their ego to their grades and all that materialistic career status shit. Did you see how brainwashed that daughter was? How come they never question anything? It's like all they live for is to obey, obey, obey, conform, conform, conform. Total sheep. It's sickening.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_vs_Asians.pdf
Winston, you are a NE Asian parent's worst nightmare. How does your own mom and dad cope?
LOL good question. They coped by practicing Buddhism and letting go of attachments and expectations to outcomes. lol Also, they do not like feeling "pressure", but prefer peace of mind. They did push me to get good grades before, but when that didn't work, they just dropped it. I eventually realized that getting good grades made no difference in my life. After school, everyone realizes this, but they still keep the con on children for some reason.

Anyway, here is something interesting to share with you guys. During Chinese New Year, I talked to one of my cousin's sons. When I told him that Asian moms in the US are more strict and old-fashioned than in Asia because they are trying to preserve their culture, he gave me another explanation:

He said that the real reason is not because they are trying to preserve their culture, but because by moving to a Western country, they are expected to excel and have a better life and better standard of living. So they have to show achievements for it. That is why having their kids excel in school and becoming a doctor or engineer or something prestigious is so important and mandatory to them. That is why they are under so much pressure to get their kids to be the top achievers. Mainstream parents in Asia aren't under this kind of pressure, so they are more relaxed about it.

Does that make sense?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne