Asian Americans - Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Asian Americans - Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

Post by zboy1 »

Asian American writes an emotional essay to Chinese parents--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Asian Am--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will su

Post by OutWest »

zboy1 wrote:Asian American writes an emotional essay to Chinese parents--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer.

He writes as if America was one monolithic place. Its not all Arkansas or rednecks. It does not sound like the author lived on the west coast of the US.
I have not seen a chinese person doing menial work in decades. On the west coast, they are typically going to the best schools and live in above average neighborhoods with above average incomes. Numbers of universities are dominated by, or even majority east asian. UC Irvine is majority Asian, and thoughout the west coast, the advanced degree programs are often dominated by Chinese. The closest the Chinese around here will get to menial labor is telling their mexican housekeeper what to do.

Now the loss of culture is a different thing. The reality is, with modernity comes exposure to the west. How much and how far is cause for careful consideration.
Japanese who worked for a period of time in the usa were often considered contaminated when they returned to work in japan by fellow employees who all communicated on Iphones. Certainly, coming to the west wont be a panacea, unless you are a political writer or want to study world history.

Consider carefully would be wise advice.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Zboy1,

Globalization is happening and its called we are america. In other words with mass communication, media is doing more damage and westernizing everything.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Why one girl wants to move to NYC:

http://juiceonline.com/engku-iman-wants ... mfortable/

"You said in a previous interview that you feel like you don’t belong in this country, why?

I did not choose to stay here – obviously – it’s just the fact that I was born here. I’m at this age where I’m pissed that I can’t make my own decisions. Like, I’m 26 years old and I’m still living with my parents. Plus, all my life I’ve not really found anything to be attached to here. There’s nothing sentimental here for me. I’m not sure why people are questioning it now; I’ve felt like this all my life.

Where would you feel more at “home”?

Ideally, I’d love to move to New York. Just because the art scene there is active and it’s a place that’s really engaged with their own art language."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

momopi wrote:Why one girl wants to move to NYC:

http://juiceonline.com/engku-iman-wants ... mfortable/

"You said in a previous interview that you feel like you don’t belong in this country, why?

I did not choose to stay here – obviously – it’s just the fact that I was born here. I’m at this age where I’m pissed that I can’t make my own decisions. Like, I’m 26 years old and I’m still living with my parents. Plus, all my life I’ve not really found anything to be attached to here. There’s nothing sentimental here for me. I’m not sure why people are questioning it now; I’ve felt like this all my life.

Where would you feel more at “home”?

Ideally, I’d love to move to New York. Just because the art scene there is active and it’s a place that’s really engaged with their own art language."
She's an Asian girl who would get tons of penis in America. Of course, she finds America a more attractive place. Asian girls get tons of attention in the West, even fat, ugly Asian girls, so they would benefit from the move.
cantonn11
Freshman Poster

Re: Asian Am--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

Post by cantonn11 »

Another thing far worse than racism are the anti-male laws especially involving family and divorce courts in Western world. If an Asian guy gets married in America there is a chance he could face divorce and lose everything to his ex-wife which includes life savings, children, and property. He could also face extremely high alimony and child support payments that could force him to live in poverty or even worse commit suicide. These problems also apply to men of other races as well.
rul
Freshman Poster

Re: Asian Americans - Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

Post by rul »

how useful is it to post this on an english forum. i doubt many asian would be imigrants would be reading english forums. even asians who have already emigrated to the west tend to read forums in their own languages
tiagomoncada
Freshman Poster

Re: Asian Americans - Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

Post by tiagomoncada »

facts is that it's probably easier to date in arkansas if you grow up there, you have a much better chance of knowing everyone in town, as opposed to ny. people in ny are defensive because of the crime, so theyre not going to open up to you quite the wa arkansas will. and because the population is smaller, people tend to get to know you better. you can live in ny for years and not know who your neighbors are. and because ny, ca is racially segregated, you probably only going to know people from your own race. it can be extremely isolating, much more so than arkansas. even if there are racists in arkansas, you will still find your niche there. ny and boston is much more racist too. i dont know why certain states get their reputation, but from what ive experienced, its ny thats the most racist. even if you go into an ny mall, you see indians shopping with indians, white with whites, etc. you dont see much mixed groups of friends. in california, if you walk into a high school cafeteria, you;ll find that the tables are seperated by race. you see asian tables, mexican tables, black tables, white tables, and even filipino tables. theyre segregated like prisons. as far as jobs go, i think its true. while there are some who emigrate to become engineers, the vast majority are going to be working in restraunts, laundrymats, etc. even people who were engineers back home end up becoming taxi drivers, or pizza delivery. you kind of see this alot with indians who even have phds. one of the reasons they end up starting their own business so often is because they cant get the good jobs due to lack of connections, so they are forced to open a gas station, and thats for the ones who have the money for it. the ones who dont are just working in the gas stations, or restraunts. even if you are second generation, when it comes to jobs, who are your parents going to know, other than people who work in restraunts or motels? most of the time, the jobs we get are from connections. for me, since i have no connections, i had to work at an amazon warehouse where anyone could walk in. now for people WITH connections, they are living large. i know a guy from the balkans who was brought into the dept of santitation with a job that started at 200k, and he didnt have any experience in that. it was only because he knew someone working in there that got him in. he said that if you were to go through normal chanels, he would never get that because he'd have to go through several layers of interviews, have experience, and a degree. basically all his relatives are laborers