JT Tran, Asian PUA Guru: What a Scam and Ripoff!

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. ABC Nightline just did a segment about JT Tran, the Asian Playboy PUA Guru. It's only about 5 minutes long.

Those sucker guys in the video obviously got nothing out of that PUA bootcamp that they paid $3500 for! What a ripoff! How can anyone be that dumb to pay that much money? I thought Asians were supposed to be shrewd when it came to money? Anyone can see that that was a waste.

They could have just came here and learned a real solution instead, for free. Geez. How stupid. Why would Nightline do a story about an obvious scammer like that? Why don't they do one about me and my movement? We get real results. The bootcamp suckers only get BS pep talk.

Also, JT Tran is not even that good looking. He's chubby and average looking, even fatter than me.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

@ Winston

Look at all the stunning good-looking young guys in JT Tran's classes. Many look like they have really good social skills too. But they still find the need to take PUA classes. This just shows how messed up the American dating scene is.

$3500 would be much better spent on a trip overseas.

And why is that blonde girl with a serious boyfriend dancing with Ronald. :evil:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Check this out. ABC Nightline just did a segment about JT Tran, the Asian Playboy PUA Guru. It's only about 5 minutes long.

Those sucker guys in the video obviously got nothing out of that PUA bootcamp that they paid $3500 for! What a ripoff! How can anyone be that dumb to pay that much money? I thought Asians were supposed to be shrewd when it came to money? Anyone can see that that was a waste.

They could have just came here and learned a real solution instead, for free. Geez. How stupid. Why would Nightline do a story about an obvious scammer like that? Why don't they do one about me and my movement? We get real results. The bootcamp suckers only get BS pep talk.

Also, JT Tran is not even that good looking. He's chubby and average looking, even fatter than me.
I agree that $3,500 is a lot of money for a seminar on how to pick up women but those guys do look like they are learning some good information on how to pick up women.

Winston is right about asians in the US being stereotyped as nerds but those asian guys in that nightline video do seem to be getting over that stereotype and they look like they are having fun together.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another thing:

After the PUA Bootcamp, when JT Tran takes them out into the field to nightclubs to practice their pickups, how do we know it's not all a setup? I mean, can JT Tran afford to go to a nightclub and be seen rejected by women? He couldn't afford to take that risk, or else it would ruin his business, right? No PUA can afford to be seen in public striking out right?

So how does he insure against that? Wouldn't he have to stage something to show that he's successful?

Btw, any outgoing guy can chat up AW at a club in LA like that, and maybe even get them to dance. But after that, she will likely flake out and screen out his calls or give him a fake number. I've experienced it thousands of times.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Wu,

I could see your side and I want to be fair with you. Pick up is not easy. It does have a high quit rate.
It's like sales. Some people are better at it than others but to be really good at sales they have to take the time to learn to endure the process to get better at it.

I think what your doing is over generalizing. To you it's like if it didn't work for you than it can't work for anyone else.
Honestly, for me I'm not a great pua or even a good one but after taking my boot camp and reading some pick up material I was better equip talking to and approaching women. I wouldn't say I have a great dating life but I did date more girls than every before.

You can get a good looking guy who can be unattractive...vs. a homely guy who is attractive. I notice that the guy who is attractive gets the girl. It's not always about the muscles or height...it helps but it's more about being attractive.

But to be fair I see your point. This is not easy to do and for some guys it takes a long time to get good at it...

The main problem with PUA is that I don't see any real proof or evidence that it works. The burden of proof is on the claimant. They haven't proven anything except boasted outrageous claims. Where's the proof?

Someone should take one of the PUA gurus and film them during their pickups, and see their hits and strikeouts, including their rejections too.

For an approach to work, the girl has to meet you halfway. If she isn't, no PUA is going to change anything. It sounds like fiction.

In order to say that something "works" it has to work for any average decent guy, not just a small percentage. I don't see any proof or evidence that most decent guys are getting results with PUA. The videos don't show any evidence either.

The guys I've seen pick up girls in clubs are all good looking. I've never seen an unattractive guy do well in clubs full of white middle class girls. And these good looking guys that get hot girls in clubs don't do anything special at all. Nothing that anyone here couldn't do.

Therefore, it's senseless to debate this PUA thing, when no one is offering any proof either way. It's all just talk.

It's also easier to seduce a girl who is friendly and relaxed, than one that is defensive and looking to use whatever you say against you.

Rock, if you've learned PUA and are pro-PUA, then why didn't you apply the cocky/funny teasing approach to the girls we met in Taichung? You gave them too many details about us and what I do. Why didn't you create an aura of mystery? Don't girls like that more? Women want to relax, have fun, laugh and feel emotion. They don't like to be fed too many details, right? If you've benefited from PUA, then why don't you apply it? And if you do, how do you apply it exactly?

Also, if you are pro-PUA then why do you say that dress style is unimportant? PUA teaches that you should dress like an alpha male, act like an alpha male, tease women, be cocky and funny, act like you don't need women, etc.

It's all so vague. That's why I hate discussions about PUA. There's no logic or substance behind it. The whole subject just seems so slippery and vague. You can't pinpoint any results, evidence or logic in it.
Last edited by Winston on March 3rd, 2012, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManInSiam
Freshman Poster

Post by ManInSiam »

delete
Last edited by ManInSiam on May 9th, 2012, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I think they should use those new found skills to just f**k American women not get serious with them. Other then that if they are looking for LTR they are wasting their time. Winston i am sure you could learn from that guy and make some serious money yourself.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ErikHeaven wrote:I think they should use those new found skills to just f**k American women not get serious with them. Other then that if they are looking for LTR they are wasting their time. Winston i am sure you could learn from that guy and make some serious money yourself.
There's no way I would emulate him and charge $3500 for a seminar. That's ripping people off. I don't like to be ripped off myself, so I wouldn't do it to others. I'm consistent in that regard.

Plus, his income is "active income" in that he has to actively work and hold seminars all over the USA to maintain his income, whereas mine is "passive online income" which is mostly automated, allowing me to have the freedom I want.

There is no proof that those guys actually changed their dating life after the PUA bootcamp. All they did was say that it made them more confident. Big deal. Anyone can become more confident, without paying for any PUA bootcamp. But it doesn't mean anything. AW will still reject you, flake out on you, screen out your calls, give you fake numbers, make excuses when you ask them out, etc.

I see no proof that PUA can create interest in women who are not interested in you, or turn disinterest into attraction. Even the pro-PUA people here have not provided that proof. I'd like to see them go to a club in Manhattan, and try to apply PUA and see how those picky white women respond.

Also, women are not the same everywhere. Looks and fashion may count in LA, but if you go to Kansas or Kentucky dressed like an alpha male with designer clothes, the women are likely to be turned off, cause country farm girls aren't turned on by that kind of city look. I think PUA mostly applies to LA, which they assume represents the whole world, but it doesn't.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Check this out. ABC Nightline just did a segment about JT Tran, the Asian Playboy PUA Guru. It's only about 5 minutes long.
Feb 28, 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vl1Q1yUMA

March 03, 2012:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/asi ... 1PaIPU8V8E
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2 ... ate-rules/

This would be the 2nd time that JT Tran is on ABC network.

Interview @ Yale:
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2011/ ... love-guru/

There's something like 9 or 10 parts to the video, those who are interested can go there and look them up.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

As Falcon stated, this is just more evidence that the dating scene in the US is so screwed up. Grown men are paying $3500 to learn how to attract and talk to women. If I had $3500 right now I'd put in for two weeks off and be sitting down in Mexico and mingling with Mexicanas. These guys seriously need to be informed about women from other countries. But some may feel, why go so far just to find women? There are plenty here. This is one reason. Paying to learn how to attract a woman is absurd. The men who paid for the seminar only know why they felt it necessary to dish out $3500 for it. In my opinion, it's a waste of money. Dating in this country is just so abnormal. Men can't just be a man anymore. You have to do this and you have to do that to GET a girl. As if you're considered nothing and then feel the pressure to "perform" because one wrong move could cost you the chance of taking things further. Men are being psychologically damaged when it comes to finding a woman. It shouldn't take money, performing, or PUA tips. It should be based on being natural, letting your personality shine, flirting, and just vibing with each other. If she doesn't like you...move on. Period.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

OTB wrote:As Falcon stated, this is just more evidence that the dating scene in the US is so screwed up. Grown men are paying $3500 to learn how to attract and talk to women. If I had $3500 right now I'd put in for two weeks off and be sitting down in Mexico and mingling with Mexicanas. These guys seriously need to be informed about women from other countries. But some may feel, why go so far just to find women? There are plenty here. This is one reason. Paying to learn how to attract a woman is absurd. The men who paid for the seminar only know why they felt it necessary to dish out $3500 for it. In my opinion, it's a waste of money. Dating in this country is just so abnormal. Men can't just be a man anymore. You have to do this and you have to do that to GET a girl. As if you're considered nothing and then feel the pressure to "perform" because one wrong move could cost you the chance of taking things further. Men are being psychologically damaged when it comes to finding a woman. It shouldn't take money, performing, or PUA tips. It should be based on being natural, letting your personality shine, flirting, and just vibing with each other. If she doesn't like you...move on. Period.
Obviously, something is very seriously wrong with dating in America when a fashionable stud like Ronald blows $3,500 on a PUA class, only to end up failing with that blonde chick!

Even the ABC reporter was shocked to see him there (at 2:00).
Reporter: You're buff, you're handsome, you've got style - WHY are you here?
Exactly, folks. He should NOT be there ... unless society is horribly dysfunctional. Can you imagine a stud like that in Southeast Asia or Latin America stuck in a PUA class?

He makes up a silly excuse about trying to break out of "Asian circles" (what does that have to do with the question - we know he's just trying to avoid embarassment).
Last edited by Falcon on March 4th, 2012, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

JT Tran has a pretty successful business model. All he's doing is taking people out to night clubs and getting paid 3500 for socialization advice. Outside of running a website and a small % going to club fees there's barely any overhead expense. With the publicity he's making a ton of money even if he only has <10 people signing up for every "seminar" and from what i've heard there's a lot of demand for him.

I'm not quite with Winston in saying that PUA doesn't work. I feel that it does bring socially inept guys to a baseline of social skills. However, a lot of PUA is orientated towards picking up American women which is pointless to begin with and certainly not worth the effort and cost.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

PUA is nothing but a marketing to make money for the gurus!

Post by WorldTraveler »

As you said none of them got dates. Does that ugly guy doing the seminars have a white GF. I read on other sites and the more that a guy talks PUA shit, the more I know he's clueless about how to get a girl. I'm glad there are lots of guys out there that eat, breath, and sleep this stuff, because they are no competition at all to any nomal guy who has ever dated a few girls. I think I've posted elsewhere some of these guys doing their approaches and these egotistical guys aren't even closing and they don't realize it. They ask for numbers from girls who obviously aren't interested. PUA is actually detrimental to guys success because it promotes lots of lying to other PUAs.[youtube]<iframe></iframe>[/youtube]
<iframe></iframe>[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgsHV9FEJdU&feature=fvst[/youtube] [/youtube
See Rock, the problem is you have to dress like a PUA if you ever want to get layed! This is how you have to dress!
Last edited by WorldTraveler on March 4th, 2012, 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: PUA is nothing but a marketing to make money for the gur

Post by Falcon »

WorldTraveler wrote:Does that ugly guy doing the seminars have a white GF.
Why is he even ugly. He's a very decent-looking guy. This is the typical shallow, judgmental American mindset that both American men and American women are guilty of.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: PUA is nothing but a marketing to make money for the gur

Post by WorldTraveler »

Falcon wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:Does that ugly guy doing the seminars have a white GF.
Why is he even ugly. He's a very decent-looking guy. This is the typical shallow, judgmental American mindset that both American men and American women are guilty of.
Dude, he's not good looking, Winston is good looking! The thin Asian guy with his hair spiked up was good looking! I was at a party in the good ole US of A and there was an Asian guy there with a cute white girl! He was one of those metrosexual, smartly dressed guys who could cook and talk about interesting things!