Our Trip to Baguio and Sagada (with pics)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:
well-informed wrote:Winston, why have you've been recently saying here on the forum that you've been losing weight?

I guess being vegetarian does have it's advantages.... looking like a greek god :D
Huh? I have been losing weight. But sometimes I gain it back. Your mind is stupid and simple. You think that once I lose weight, it's gone forever. Reality doesn't work that way.

You fat, lazy slob. Why did you even bother telling us you were losing weight?

As for your "vegetarian" groceries: What are these "snacks" you're buying that's costing you 2000p (46.57USD)? What vegetables are you buying, how much are you paying for them? What else: Beans? Tofu? Rice? Nuts? Spices and sauces? I assume a "vegetarian" like you eats fruits? Putting aside your kid and gf (assuming they don't share your vegetarian diet), how much are you paying for your own groceries at the supermarket?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor,
Are you asking question to help or to ridicule?

I buy mostly healthy food - vegetables, rice, tofu, cereal, milk, bread, etc. Dianne is the one who buys junk food. You can ask Mr S about this. He spends around 10,000p at the supermarket when he buys in bulk. Groceries here are expensive. Most poor Filipinos buy their food at the outdoor market, not the retail supermarket chains.

I spend about as much on groceries as I do eating out, sometimes more. Decent food in the PI is expensive. For food, the PI sucks. Bottom line: Cooking at home doesn't save you money, unless you guy your food at those outdoor markets that poor Filipinos go to.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The sharp stabbing pains in the back of my head behind my ears are still continuing. I did some research online and found that others have them too, but no one has an easy solution for them and doctors do not know exactly what causes such stabbing head pains. Look what all these sufferers said.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/sharp_head_ ... 44717.html

Any suggestions?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Ok well Winston that has to with your lack of self control when it comes to sweets/chocolates not because of reality. You create your reality, not the nature of your excuses. Tell Dianne to stop buying junk food, she can get away with eating that but certainly not you.

How can you lose weight sitting down (cheating your diet) and not lifting a finger in any type of exercise. So don't use the "i'm a vegetarian " line to claim that you're healthy because obviously you aren't. Every single week, some part of your body is hurting or aching. Hello your body is breaking down on you, its literally telling you to change your lazy habits before its too late. You think losing weight is hard for you now, wait until you're 50 Winston.

You claim you're a truthseeker, well im giving you the truth Winston. Get your ass up and workout.
Also i take offense by you calling me stupid because i'm not. Isn't it logical that if you lose weight, you would at least TRY to keep it off. Heck judging by your pics, i would go as far as to say you never lost weight at all. You just say you do, to use it as a defense mechanism. What's your height and weight Winston?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Ouch!
Ever since we got back to Angeles, Dianne and I have been sick with headaches and fatigue. What's going on? Why are we so sensitive, especially since Dianne grew up here?
How come when Rock was here, his health wasn't affected?
I've been screaming out all day, cause I have these weird tension headaches where behind my ears on the rear side of my head, I keep feeling a sharp pain that pulsates on and off like a blinking light. When it hurts, I yell out "OWWW! COME ON!" Plus I feel lightheaded and lethargic, with no energy to move, cook or do errands. What's wrong?
How come other people don't get such strange tension headaches? Most people I ask say they've never had sharp pains behind the ears like I do. I've had these type of headaches all my life. Even when I'm underwater and water gets through my nose, the back of my head immediately has these sharp pains.
How come other people don't have them?
I've taken Tylenol but it doesn't seem to help much, so I put an ice cube on it which helps temporarily.
I had chronic tension headaches from a car accident 10 years ago, and the best solution is to simply exercise daily. Swimming is good. You can also take 81 mg (low dose) aspirin, but don't consume alcohol with it.

For very severe cases, the doctors might prescribe muscle relaxants like Flexeril, or botox injections to reduce muscle spasm. But I wouldn't recommend it, because you'd end up taking a progressively larger dosage for the same effect. It's easier and healthier to just hit the gym or pool every day.

You already know that you need to get out of Angeles City, so there's nothing else to say on that subject.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

After doing some research, this seems to be the medical term for the stabbing pains I have on the back of my head.

http://wiki.medpedia.com/Occipital_Neuralgia

It has to do with the nerves or sinuses in the back of my head being damaged or inflamed.

But how did my nerves get damaged?

Maybe I got it from sitting at the computer and arching forward for too long, which was bad for my neck muscles?

And how come only some people get them? Aren't our physiologies the same?
Last edited by Winston on July 18th, 2011, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Absolutely, posture is very important. People tend to slouch with laptops, another reason desktops are better. Use an external keyboard with a touchpad or seperate mouse! If you had a tablet instead of a laptop it would help as well.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Ok well Winston that has to with your lack of self control when it comes to sweets/chocolates not because of reality. You create your reality, not the nature of your excuses. Tell Dianne to stop buying junk food, she can get away with eating that but certainly not you.

How can you lose weight sitting down (cheating your diet) and not lifting a finger in any type of exercise. So don't use the "i'm a vegetarian " line to claim that you're healthy because obviously you aren't. Every single week, some part of your body is hurting or aching. Hello your body is breaking down on you, its literally telling you to change your lazy habits before its too late. You think losing weight is hard for you now, wait until you're 50 Winston.

You claim you're a truthseeker, well im giving you the truth Winston. Get your ass up and workout.
Also i take offense by you calling me stupid because i'm not. Isn't it logical that if you lose weight, you would at least TRY to keep it off. Heck judging by your pics, i would go as far as to say you never lost weight at all. You just say you do, to use it as a defense mechanism. What's your height and weight Winston?
You dweeb. You don't live in reality. Telling Dianne not to buy junk food isn't going to stop her buying junk food. If reality was that simple, then no one would be eating junk food. Duh. God, you're so dumb.

I do not eat chocolate. I don't find it that interesting.

How can I exercise? The heat and humidity here drain my energy instantly. I can't even breathe if I exercise. In America, I played tennis regularly. The cold air and breeze blowing on me energized me and let me play on. I don't get that here.

I did lose weight. That's why my pants and belt keep slipping down and not holding up. That is physical proof. How do you explain that bozo?

My health is not inherently bad. In America, I got sick ONLY ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS! Less than most people I knew in the US! How do you explain that? It's only here that I'm sick constantly. I do not like tropic humid climates. Yuck! I hate it! It makes me feel so icky!

Therefore, it's the environment that's the problem. I rarely ever got sick before, even without exercise.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Dianne and I went to Baguio again last Spring. We found more places this time, including naturesque areas such as Camp Hay, where we went hiking in the woods. I've been meaning to post photos but haven't been able to get around to it since life consists of endless to do lists that one can never get done due to limited time, energy, concentration and all the other things you have to do everyday.

Here are some photos now. Below is the view from the gazebo of our hotel, Elizabeth, which is in a naturesque area. If you go during off season, prices are half.

Viewpoint nearby.

Strawberry jam, candy, wine and fruit stands at Strawberry Fields, on the other side of town. Here you can pick strawberries from the field.

The strawberry field. Not many strawberries but there are a few.

Offering me a taste of strawberry wine.

A group of young Taiwanese tourists are here. When they walked by me, I said out loud "Taiwan sucks". lol. Dianne was afraid they might get mad, but I told them "no way, young Taiwanese tourists would never get into a confrontation, especially abroad".

Some small strawberries.

Me flirting with the girls at the strawberry stand. Unlike the US, flirtation here is considered flattering, funny, amusing, acceptable, and normal. Not creepy or violating like in the US.

Check out her innocent humble face. You can tell it's not Americanized, not spoiled, arrogant or self-absorbed.

A vegetarian restaurant inside our Hotel Elizabeth called Bliss Cafe, with artsy and esoteric decor.

More later.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

At the big lodge in Camp Hay, located in naturesque settings. It's upscale and expensive with first class service.

An Easter playpen in the field with rabbit costumes and arts and crafts for kids.

Inside a little butterfly garden.

Dianne fascinated by the butterflies.

Butterflies landing on Dianne's arm.

Dianne catches one on her smart phone.

Us in front of the lodge.

A monument to commemorate Philippine-American friendship. How cheesy huh? But at least it sounds nice and friendly. lol

They even built a monument to honor Abraham Lincoln. Wow they must really be fans of America. lol

A reptile in the zoo outside. I think it's an iguana?

More animals.

A huge snake in a glass cage. Perhaps a boa constrictor?

The boa constrictor looks like it's getting out, but the relaxed Filipinos don't care until I tell them about it. lol

At the Easter playpen, me with some people dressed as rabbits. The girl next to me looks cute and sweet huh?

The rabbits are looking for food in Dianne's purse. lol

More later.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Us hiking behind the lodge toward the woods, picnic areas, and trails. Dianne loves the woods because it's a refreshing break from Angeles City, which is pure cement and pollution with no nature or clean air.

Picnic area and campground. I guess pitching a tent like they did is cheaper than staying in that expensive lodge. lol

Picnic tables and playground.

A white Statue of Liberty in the park grounds. Wow they must really worship America. lol

A tall Asian girl I'm checking out. She's so hot.

Pony ride and snacks available.

This is a tree top adventure park. For a small fee, you can walk high in the air on bridges and slide across ropes between tree tops. Not for people with a fear of heights, like me. Dianne wanted to do it, but I told her no way, she'd have to do it alone.

Back at the lodge in Camp Hay.

At the fine dining restaurant inside the lodge.

Dianne enjoying her seafood dish.

Inside another butterfly garden. Butterflies on top of Dianne's head.

I don't know why this image is moving. It seems to be a composite of three images. I never set the camera to do that so I don't know how it got that way. It must be some feature on Picasaweb.

Butterflies on my hand. Their wings are flapping and I'm leaning away for fear that they may fly into my eyes. lol

Butterfly on my nose.

The caretaker set up this photo with the butterfly in front of us.

You can see Dianne's enthusiasm and child-like attitude on her face here. lol

Heading towards the trail in the woods.

An moving image of Dianne dancing in the woods. lol. Maybe this isn't something with my camera but some feature with Picasaweb that activates by itself. lol

The legendary Winston Wu in the woods. lol

Dianne looks tall and skinny from this vantage point.

Steps leading upward.

As you can see, Dianne looks refreshed and in tune with nature. lol

Ok that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Nice report. Winston I liked somehow the idea of living in Baguio but I am still not sure. For me the overall weather might be a problem in RP as I like running and basketball but can't stand the humidity. Don´t know if Baguio is a good place to be long time. I heard there are many expats already.

Where would you settle again in case you would return to RP if you had no family?
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

That first gallery of Baguio and Saganda pictures, in those gazebos high in the clouds look almost exactly like where I live here in China.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Wow thanks for those pictures. One wouldn't think there's such nice places over there from all the crap that's written about that country.
The second GIF looks pretty 3D from the slight sway, very nice.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:Nice report. Winston I liked somehow the idea of living in Baguio but I am still not sure. For me the overall weather might be a problem in RP as I like running and basketball but can't stand the humidity. Don´t know if Baguio is a good place to be long time. I heard there are many expats already.

Where would you settle again in case you would return to RP if you had no family?
Yeah I don't think Baguio would be good long term. It's ok but it's kind of isolated from other towns, and the nearest airport is 4 or 5 hours away. I don't see many expats there, but I heard that the girls there aren't that interested in foreigners.

I haven't been to that many places in the PH to tell you where is best. You should ask Ladislav or Mr S. I heard that Cebu or Dumagete is good. Palawan is nice too, but expensive. If you don't like humidity, then PH isn't for you.