Reporting live from Russia

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Testing my first pic upload

This was Vladivostok as I was coming into the Bay.
Last edited by CheezeRaider on February 16th, 2012, 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Remove slash before square brackets!

n.jpg/[/i
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

CheezeRaider wrote:A bit of an insight I have developed about Russia. It’s a bit of fragmented in thought process, but I would still like to right about it.

On Official Census, man and women population ratio is pretty much even until 50’s+. So I started to ask question and kept my eyes open. I believe the Official stats are right. But there are more women then man aswell.

Here is my reason.

Many girls from the villages are leaving for the bigger cities to improve their lives. In addition, more girls are pursuing higher education than men. But not only that, many teenage boys are dropping out of high schools. So yet there are even numbers of ratio, but uneven number of ratio for marriageable men vs. women. Girls are leaving the dead end villages in droves while the boys are opting to stay and become drunks, druggie, and all around trouble maker, because of lack of opportunity for them. There is a social stigmatism for men working on sales. Physically easier jobs are giving to women. I asked my Russian friends as I visibly noticed them. So I think the boys who do not have higher education are looking for manual work, but there isn’t any in a dying village nor are there any available in the cities as the Stans people are willing to do them at cheaper price. That is where the Nationality problem arise, not Racism

The large disparity of numbers comes from the village girls fleeing the poverty stricken small villages. Which, btw is nothing more than village of anarchy! As there are no laws or mayors etc… So you have these girls who are able to get a sales job much easier than boys who can't find manual work. And end up with cities with larger population of girls, thousands of tiny villages all across Russia over run in sausage feast. (as a disclaimer. Not all villages are like that. Some of the oil villages have become a town with many opportunities, but village with no economic worth are abandoned by the Russian government).

So girls who want a family life must fight for the sable guy who’s willing to support his family and not become or is a drunk. It isn’t that there is few men of marriage minded, but per say, not enough. In statistic 10% difference is huge number. So if 1 guy out of 10 is not marriageable material that would leave millions of girls fighting for the other 9.
You are 100% right Cheese and some people don't wanna believe the availability of Millions of women in Russia alone that will never, ever get married without intervention.

The rub comes from the majority of the men in this venture are about 39. While that's not too old, most Western Men are not getting on the plane and not going to Russia.

I've been saying this for years. If you're between 25-30 and half way decent looking you should have no problem hooking up with women 18-25 in Russia or Ukraine. Most women about 27-28 will marry a man 10-15 years older than them. The girl I am talking to in Poland is 27 and I'm 41 = 14 years. I got a email from an 18 year old in Poland on Lucky Lovers. Not sure if that goes anywhere but who knows. Also the Belarus girl I know is 30, unmarried, no children. These type of women are nearly impossible to find in America for some reason. Just as attractive and just as educated as many American women with degrees. Just they want to get married at 21-22 and most Western girls don't.

The choice is yours -

Bitch and Complain, remain single or Save Money, do something about it and be engaged/married inside of a 12 months.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

djfourmoney wrote:You are 100% right Cheese and some people don't wanna believe the availability of Millions of women in Russia alone that will never, ever get married without intervention.

The rub comes from the majority of the men in this venture are about 39. While that's not too old, most Western Men are not getting on the plane and not going to Russia.

I've been saying this for years. If you're between 25-30 and half way decent looking you should have no problem hooking up with women 18-25 in Russia or Ukraine. Most women about 27-28 will marry a man 10-15 years older than them. The girl I am talking to in Poland is 27 and I'm 41 = 14 years. I got a email from an 18 year old in Poland on Lucky Lovers. Not sure if that goes anywhere but who knows. Also the Belarus girl I know is 30, unmarried, no children. These type of women are nearly impossible to find in America for some reason. Just as attractive and just as educated as many American women with degrees. Just they want to get married at 21-22 and most Western girls don't.
Statistics show that in Russia, for every 8 single men, there are 10 single women. Your right, a big age difference doesn't mean a lot to women in Russia and eastern Europe. Just look at Mark and his wife Anna, she is 25 years younger than him! :D

When they met, he was 44 and she was 19 and she couldn't speak english, they had to use an interpreter! She said that age is not a factor, the most important thing is that you love the person. That's the kind of attitude I want to hear from a woman, a young good looking woman the kind that you will find in a foreign country like Ukraine and Russia! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Curently back in South Korea. Couldn't log on to HA site from Moscow. Only load up half the page and imposible to work with. Not every place in Moscow has reliable internet.

These villages are strung out all over the Rail Road paths.

Very common sight all over Russian Cities. There's even some very close to the Red Squar.

On my way to the Food wagon on the Train. Between the Wagons where they connect.

More villages with no much infrastructures. Saw a old lady dragging water container back to her shack. Life must really suck ass here.

Invasion of Capitalism.

Bus works.... what more to say. I was talking to a Russian girl the night before, and she said "let those Animal Rights Activist trying living in Siberia without Furs and see how they like it". haha, she was a funny girl.

And then, you see malls like this out of no where. Is it sign of capitalism or civilization... I wonder. This one had 5 levels. Very big.
Image[/img]
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

not much to report about Moscow. these People Love money. Not all, but they are very susseptival to money. Not a good thing.

Nothing on Anti Putin activity. I saw nothing. Even talked to a local police detective on leave. They would not have let him go on leave if there were problems.

Every thing was just stupidly expensive.

Also, I stayed in 2 different Hostels. Many of the tenents are long term Russians living there because the rents are soooo damn high in Moscow, and they simply cant afford it.

I kind of felt a little guilty being Ameircan. Not much hope for them and here comes some American spending weeks pay check on dinner. Life really isn't fair.

I was planning to head over to Far East Russia at the end of this months, but friend wanna goto Thailand. So I'll be going there until April. FYI, I'm going to Thailand to scuba dive, my Buddy is going to Monger. Either way. I'll report about far east Russia in late April to early May.

Russia is a Western Mans Paradise if you have a decent job or have a stable income. FYI, $1000 US dollar a month is a lot of money for these folks in Siberia. If you can pull that much from some type of internet gig, then it may be worth your time... that is, if you can handle the cold winter. But I loved it. For me, I'm planning a long term stay in Siberia from this August on.

I also wanted to add. I was on US Army post in Seoul the other day. I had hard time even looking American Chicks on Base. It was like they didnt exist to me. I have either been ruined to ever looking at American women again, or I have been cured. haha.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

WOW! I really wish there was more of this on this site. This is what this site should be about. IT has gone so far downhill in recent months that I was likely to give up on it. This report, of someone really doing it gives a bit of hope. I wish more people would follow suit and take a risk, try to get something more out of life. I am almost four years running and haven't run back home yet. Don't plan to either. Whether this site survives or not, I'll be happier abroad forever.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

You can go to Russia as a tourist, but you'll find getting a long tern visa or permission to work is Kafka-esque and basically impossible. The Govt workers will almost NEVER do their job because they hate their boss, life, career, family and can scapegoat you for all this.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I'm pretty sure you can bribe them. That's how things usually work in EE.