Mguy in Colombia

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
mguy
Junior Poster

Mguy in Colombia

Post by mguy »

Hey guys!

So I'm here in Bogota.

Overall impression is that it reminds me of Manila without the extremes.

Also, I could straight pass for a Colombian. I had people walk up to me ask me for directions! I don't think being a Filipino is that much a novelty here really. I'm like any other Latino.

Girls? When i got here I thought the girls were over-hyped and I was just seeing average girls, but as time progressed I got a sense of the beauty standard.

The average Colombian girl in terms of looks is above average in the US. So a 5 here would easily be a 7 or 8.

Went out to Salsa and got numbers. Also went out with a girl I met on a bus who speaks perfect English and is well traveled. I have a few friends who wants to show me around town. I'm amazed bc this is only my 6th day. I hope it wasn't beginners luck.

I guess i'll try to push and try to get to know people in the street. I still have the approach anxiety but i'll get over it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mguy in Colombia

Post by jamesbond »

mguy wrote:Hey guys!

So I'm here in Bogota.

Went out to Salsa and got numbers. Also went out with a girl I met on a bus who speaks perfect English and is well traveled. I have a few friends who wants to show me around town. I'm amazed bc this is only my 6th day. I hope it wasn't beginners luck.

I guess i'll try to push and try to get to know people in the street. I still have the approach anxiety but i'll get over it.
Thanks for the travel update, I know Columbian girls are known for their beauty.

Try to approach girls when you are out in public places like bookstores and shopping malls. Ask girls for their number and see how receptive the women are to you. See how many phone numbers you can get while you are there. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

jamesbond,

I moved to different area which might hurt me but ill try my luck here in the local malls. I have around 5 numbers in 3 days worth of work. I'm still getting acclimated.

Yakuza,

It is semi-cold. You will need a light jacket. It's like a perpetual autumn weather. Air quality is ok. There are no smoke belching vehicles. This is a big city with lots of vehicles so air quality will never be clear. Lots of greenery from the parks though.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

mguy wrote:jamesbond,

I moved to different area which might hurt me but ill try my luck here in the local malls. I have around 5 numbers in 3 days worth of work. I'm still getting acclimated.
That's good, that's more phone numbers than most guys would get in the USA in 3 days. Keep it up and see how many numbers you can get! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

Nice mguy! Keep us posted, and take lots of pictures to show us. Is it easy to talk to those Colombian women? What is the men:women ratio when you are walking around? I hear Tony Bochene talk about it being like 4 women to every 1 man in Medellin. How long will you be there?
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

mguy wrote:Hey guys!

So I'm here in Bogota.

Overall impression is that it reminds me of Manila without the extremes.

Also, I could straight pass for a Colombian. I had people walk up to me ask me for directions! I don't think being a Filipino is that much a novelty here really. I'm like any other Latino.

Girls? When i got here I thought the girls were over-hyped and I was just seeing average girls, but as time progressed I got a sense of the beauty standard.

The average Colombian girl in terms of looks is above average in the US. So a 5 here would easily be a 7 or 8.

Wow it sounds like a great place! I love the cool weather - but in summer it will be hot. I'm glad you're getting girls' numbers. Have a great time.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

How easy are they to get in bed?
Whats your spanish like?Your looks?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

terminator wrote:

Wow it sounds like a great place! I love the cool weather - but in summer it will be hot. I'm glad you're getting girls' numbers. Have a great time.
No! Average hi temp mid 60s and average low temp mid 40s each and every month of the year. And Bogota is close to equator so traditional seasons loose their meaning there.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

The women in Bogota have a cosmopolitan attitude without the avarice. This is not a poor city so I don't see why girls would hook up with a foreigner for money. Actually, I would say a girl from here would like to stay here as they have a good happy life here.

Last night went out with a Colombian chick and a German chick. The way they dance were so different. German chick was dancing like a hoe, big curvy hoe, like she wanted her vajayjay pummeled by big dick that night -- while the colombiana was dancing sensually almost playfully super flirty but never overdone. The vibe emanating from the two was so different.

Actually, it would not bad to be born Colombian. They have a good life from what I see.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Came to a conclusion last night that the women are Colombias most valuable export.
Last edited by mguy on December 23rd, 2012, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I have also recalibrated my aggression. In the states I would "neg" (being an ass) to the girl and this would have an effect of her being interested more.

I did it here and actually offended the girl! So I'm turning the aggression a notch.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

terminator wrote: I love the cool weather - but in summer it will be hot.
Actually, not so. The elevation is about 8500 ft above seas level and you're several hundred miles away from the equator, so you essentially have a constant 60-80 degree temperature. It's probably closer to 60 degrees this time of year. But you don't have to worry about unbearable heat until you get into the lower elevations. Even Medellin is mild all year round for the same reasons.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rocky Top wrote:
terminator wrote: I love the cool weather - but in summer it will be hot.
Actually, not so. The elevation is about 8500 ft above seas level and you're several hundred miles away from the equator, so you essentially have a constant 60-80 degree temperature. It's probably closer to 60 degrees this time of year. But you don't have to worry about unbearable heat until you get into the lower elevations. Even Medellin is mild all year round for the same reasons.
80 is very uncommon in most of Bogota. Read my post above. Average highs are mid-60s year round.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

going to medellin next week.

bogota is an ok city - my american city has more stuff to do though!

logistics wise it is horrible.

the girls are good looking but you must have a social circle or be invested in the city.

the food is blah. the weather is ok.

when I approach girls on the street I have a more 50% phone conversion rate. they flake after.

the colombiancupid site has some fuglies, cannot really do them. will not p4p either.

overall, i get a good vibe from colombians, they are chill tranquilo peeps that I can relate to.

No doubt if I stay longer I will get good chick. Maybe look for work here? nahhhhhh