Falcon in Thailand!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Falcon in Thailand!

Post by Falcon »

So, I've finally bounced out of the US! I have now relocated to Bangkok, Thailand, and am living and working there long-term.

And no, I'm not teaching English or living off my savings. :P I'm working over 40 hours each week for an organization in downtown Bangkok, and am here primarily for professional purposes. My work requires very specific knowledge and skills, as well as proficiency in multiple languages, so it's not really something that most expats can do. (Please PM me if you have questions.)

Late May, I'll likely be meeting up with Rock in Bangkok.

Photos coming up soon. :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good to see you in Guangzhou!

I'd love to come to Thailand at some point! Well I hope you stay in Bangkok for a while so I can come and visit. I feel that before I contemplate marriage, I need to get monging out of my system.

I've also thought about living in Thailand, but I'm not sure if I could stand the heat. Although I don't think Guangzhou is actually that hot, so maybe I'm becoming acclimatised.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

so that´s why you don´t have time for your rhymes.

good job falcon. you´re the man :)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

u da man Falcon!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

How about some photos?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

No news? Wow, it must be so good there he's forgot to log in.

Meanwhile in Guangzhou...

...things are getting surreal. Dated a 25yo tonight. Actually she didn't look too young, and was wise beyond her years. Also she was beautiful, well dressed and fluent in English. Dating is so awesome here!

And as for the surreal part, my mate has gone to live with a woman in another province, but he's asked me to look after his Guangzhou girlfriend. Lmao. Winston need not fear about not being able to meet any interesting guys out here!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

xiongmao wrote:No news? Wow, it must be so good there he's forgot to log in.

Meanwhile in Guangzhou...

...things are getting surreal. Dated a 25yo tonight. Actually she didn't look too young, and was wise beyond her years. Also she was beautiful, well dressed and fluent in English. Dating is so awesome here!

And as for the surreal part, my mate has gone to live with a woman in another province, but he's asked me to look after his Guangzhou girlfriend. Lmao. Winston need not fear about not being able to meet any interesting guys out here!
What did he mean EXACTLY by "look after his girlfriend"? :o
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Falcon in Thailand!

Post by momopi »

Falcon wrote: Photos coming up soon. :D

Sigh up with Google + and Picasaweb. Unlimited storage of photos and videos (up to 15 min per clip).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

So I've met up with Everdred and Rock recently in Bangkok.

Everdred and I took the SkyTrain and walked around Lumphini Park and Siam Square. We both snapped some photos of daily life in Thailand, and had a great time exploring.

Rock showed me around too, and we had a lot of conversations about life in the U.S., Taiwan, Thailand, and all sorts of things. He's an excellent mentor, guide, and friend, which I deeply appreciated. This deserves another post of its own. :D
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'd love to go to Thailand, maybe I'll get there in the Autumn/Winter.

I'd also like tips on dealing with tropical heat, I think I need to go back to the UK soon as I'm just not designed for this heat. Chinese people can play basketball in this heat, I'm a sweaty wreck just standing still!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Falcon wrote:So I've met up with Everdred and Rock recently in Bangkok.

Everdred and I took the SkyTrain and walked around Lumphini Park and Siam Square. We both snapped some photos of daily life in Thailand, and had a great time exploring.

Rock showed me around too, and we had a lot of conversations about life in the U.S., Taiwan, Thailand, and all sorts of things. He's an excellent mentor, guide, and friend, which I deeply appreciated. This deserves another post of its own. :D
You're meeting a lot of HA celebrities. Must be nice *Cries infinitely and a day* :O-) But Rock is an awesome dude. I'd like to meet a lot (and not alot) of people from H.A. offline.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

xiongmao wrote:I'd love to go to Thailand, maybe I'll get there in the Autumn/Winter.

I'd also like tips on dealing with tropical heat, I think I need to go back to the UK soon as I'm just not designed for this heat. Chinese people can play basketball in this heat, I'm a sweaty wreck just standing still!
Wear linen and silk, not cotton. This helps a lot. I feel cooler in long linen pants than shorts.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I think I'm battle hardened now. I'm in Thailand in the hot low-season... yeah it's not hot at all! Anything below 21°C is now freezing cold for me.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

My Thai girl made Xiongmao chug these crickets and grasshoppers. :P

Ants, silkworms, waterbeetles, and more

Karaoke

Basil chicken rice (ga-pao gai) that I had while Xiongmao, Rock, and I were hanging out together

Authentic pizza that Xiongmao, Everdred, and I had.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

They are ladened with protein those little buggers. Seriously. They are good for you!