Indonesian ladies (trip report with photos)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Indonesian ladies (trip report with photos)

Post by Falcon »

The Indonesian ladies are totally pumped up that I'd be interested in them because almost all Taiwanese guys under age 30 only go for local Taiwanese girls, whom they know through their social circles. Or they are "herbivore men" who aren't that interested in women. Plus almost none of them would be able to speak any Indonesian. Southeast Asians are basically invisible to this demographic.

Here are the demographics that hit on them.
- Indonesian male migrant workers. Not that many to choose from since in Taiwan, Indonesian migrant workers are 80% female and 20% male (actual statistics).
- Thai construction workers, but there's a language barrier going on.
- Old lonely Taiwanese men over 40 with no dating or social skills with women, à la Winston in Taiwan. Generally poorer and working-class guys who don't really get anywhere with them. They'd proposition the women in very crass, direct ways, like how you'd ask out a street hooker.

So a guy like me comes along and becomes an instant rock star.

Unlike in Singapore, where there are desperate Bangladeshi and Indian migrant workers hitting on Indonesian and Filipina female migrants all the time, Taiwan has almost no South Asian migrant workers. This is because Taiwan sources migrant workers from strictly 4 countries: Indonesian, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand.
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Re: Indonesian ladies (trip report with photos)

Post by AsiaHand »

Indonesian ladies never did much for me, though I did spot a few lookers during my visit there. The food, howver, is truly shite. That's what will keep me from ever going back. Here is my ranking of the worst SEA cuisines, in order of vile: Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia.