Chinese Dating Party Trip Report (with photos)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Chinese Dating Party Trip Report (with photos)

Post by xiongmao »

I've started a dating wiki to braindump my experiences.

One novel thing I've done is to attend a Chinese "dating party":

http://wiki.asianloveconnections.com/do ... ng_parties

There are a few photos on there. I only had my camera phone so they're not that great. It was also about 150C with 200% humidity that day and a real struggle to do anything.

Maybe the HA'ers living in China can gatecrash some more dating parties and report back their findings . :lol:

Anyway, the event was FREE, so it was a good alternative to one of those AFA romance tours :oops:.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Quote from your wiki: "The catch? They're not aimed at foreigners seeking Chinese brides. They're intended for the local population to find Chinese partners. So to attend one you'll have to do a lot of groundwork.

Having said this, you might find international parties in larger Asian cities that are aimed at intercultural marriages. These are quite common in Tokyo, Japan. They're arranged as international evenings and the dating aspects are downplayed, so as to not make it so obvious that the primary objective of the evening is for unmarried Japanese women to find foreign boyfriends.

Back to China, and the best way to find out about these parties is to find a Chinese bff (best female friend) who is self-confident, single, desperate to get married, and who isn't interested in marrying you. Then set her to work searching for events that you might be able to attend. She'll need all her self-confidence to persuade the organisers to let in a foreigner."

Interesting, that quote from your wiki really shows how different our cultures are. China is for Han Chinese, Japan is for Japanese, Korea is for Koreans, foreigners are excluded except as a show. Latent systemic permanent racism is found in those xenophobic countries. People can't move there and become an equal part of society. That is one of many reasons those countries are doomed. Too bad luv those sexy lil asian women.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

AsianLoveconnections.com has blocked as an inappropriate site by the Taipei City government wifi system. I wonder why? :P
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Dating sites get blocked quite regularly by wifi systems.

And as for foreigners not being welcomed at dating parties - it's just because there are so few foreigners in China that so many things just aren't set up for them.

And why should there be foreigners in China? Immigrants have caused huge problems in my own life. My last job was taken by a foreigner, and now I can't find anywhere to live due to a huge influx of foreigners seeking to work in my own country.

I've done pretty well in life though but for younger natives of my country things are far worse - they're priced out of accommodation AND have their wages held down by an army of minimum wage immigrants.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Dating sites get blocked quite regularly by wifi systems.

And as for foreigners not being welcomed at dating parties - it's just because there are so few foreigners in China that so many things just aren't set up for them.

And why should there be foreigners in China? Immigrants have caused huge problems in my own life. My last job was taken by a foreigner, and now I can't find anywhere to live due to a huge influx of foreigners seeking to work in my own country.

I've done pretty well in life though but for younger natives of my country things are far worse - they're priced out of accommodation AND have their wages held down by an army of minimum wage immigrants.
3 different points, usually people only make 1 of these points.

good summary of why Americans should be morally opposed to immigration, if they really care about average people as opposed to the investor class.