WARNING to those coming to the Philippines [Food]

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

WARNING to those coming to the Philippines [Food]

Post by starchild5 »

Since, We already know how crappy food in The Philippines is....I just want to warn members here about the level of MSG and other preservatives they are using in Philippines.

If you are from US...you would already know how FDA is a lapdog of corporations and allows all sorts of chemicals in the food. In Philippines its worse, There is not even a fake government agency (there is but does not count like FDA) here to stop any level at all..

You might have noticed how many women here have mustache developing, thanks to Hormones injected into Chickens, Pork and beef for quick growth ...The hormones are messing with women estrogen level and producing male hormones also...

http://www.naturalnews.com/042788_food_ ... ation.html

In the above link, they give a list of additives corporations are mixing into food to destroy our health. In Philippines its worse.

1. Artificial sweeteners - Popular varieties include aspartame and saccharin; aspartame is a neurotoxin linked to lower IQ, brain tumors, MS, fatigue and fibromyalgia; saccharin is linked to weight gain and bladder tumors in rats.

2. Potassium bromate - Increases volume in baked goods; known to cause cancer in animals; small amount may be dangerous to humans; banned in Europe, Canada and China.

3. Olestra - Fat substitute; causes diarrhea and interferes with the body's ability to absorb vital nutrients; banned in the UK and Canada.

4. Brominated vegetable oil - Helps retains flavor in soda; accumulates in the body and causes memory and nerve problems; banned in 100 countries

5. Caramel coloring - Coloring agent; sometimes made with ammonia; classified as "known to cause cancer" in California.

6. Monosodium glutamate (MSG) - Flavor enhancer; linked to headaches, nausea and obesity.

7. High fructose corn syrup - Sweetener; number one source of calories in the US; raises LDL and contributes to diabetes.

8. Parabens - Used to prevent yeast and mold; may disrupt hormonal balance; linked to lower sperm count and testosterone production in rats; found in breast cancer tissue.

9. Sulfer dioxide - Preservative; destroys vitamins B1 and E; linked to bronchial problems.

10. Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydrozyttoluene (BHT) - Preservatives; form cancer-causing compounds once inside the body; banned in parts of Europe and Japan.

11. Sodium nitrate/sodium nitrite - Preservatives; highly carcinogenic once inside the body; particularly toxic to the liver and pancreas.

12. Sodium sulfite - Preservative; linked to asthma, headaches, breathing problems and rashes.

13. Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil - Multipurpose preservative and solidifying agent; lowers good cholesterol, increases bad cholesterol and the risk for heart attack, stroke and diabetes.

14. Azodicarbonamide - Flour bleaching agent; linked to asthma; banned in Australia, the U.K. and Europe.

15. Food dyes - Varieties include Blue #1 and #2, Red #3 and #40 and Yellow #6; linked to behavioral problems and lower IQ in children and cancer in animal studies

16. Indirect food additives - Substances not directly added to food that still end up in the final product; plastics and other packaging that come into contact with food; substances in animal feed including pesticides, antibiotics and heavy metals (including arsenic) and synthetic hormones injected into animals.

----

I have met many girls, who know atleast one relative or family members who have died of cancer. I know how they lie and try to ask for money...but this conversation was with a Nurse who has worked in Malaysia and gulf and came to Ph to take care of her parents ...She is a Nurse in QC and she was telling me about the increase in Cancer rate in PH and I showed her all alternative research articles and she couldn't believe so much have happened in alternative research field about Cancer...

The level of cancer related death in PH has reached epidemic proportions.

I"m from India and we have very less cancer rate as we eat lot of vegetables and turmeric, spices that nullify carcinogens in food to some level...Filipinos are eating all Non-Veg food making their bodies extremely Acidic which makes them vulnerable to cancer.

But now, My stomach is always sick, I have grown old not like before..I'm nearing 40 now ....I'm mostly confined to home for few days, if I have a crazy night out or eat some filipino food...I'm always feeling tired after eating food outside ..there is this big energy dump and the Kitchen here is so small I can't bring myself up for cooking after online work at night Plus vegetables are extremely expensive all sprayed with DDT....

The least toxic thing in all of poison is Cigarette ..which will only kill me in say 6-7 years time :)...but the food that Im eating everyday here will surely lead me to cancer and death in 2-3 years...which is what is happening in America to many and PH has adopted all shitty food culture from US...

----------

There are some mall in fort that "Claim" its organic vegetables ....I have no choice but to take them, wash them and steam them and eat them raw to make my body Alkaline and balance it for now..

Now, we will always read from some "exceptions" that I"m doing fine, I have been in PH for so and so years and it has not effected me...This is the problem..until, nothing happens to you, you will never care about the people dying all around ....untill its too late

I have been eating Vegetables a lot all my life..I can feel the instant difference in my body now, even since last few years...The amount of preservative they are adding to cut cost is at an insane level now...some of the local Filipino owned restaurants are doing it worse than McDonalds i feel :)....After eating food now, it takes me 2-3 hours laying on the bed to get back up..

If any members that know of any Sane places in Manila to eat..Please let me know....Thanks
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

The only way at the moment,hoping that in the next decades medicine and technology would help to attack realistically the aging problem,you have to take effective counter mesure against the bad things we eat.
It's done by taking many reliable supplements,natural foods we already have.

I have around 20 of this,i've been doing that for some years,and many people are surprised of how fit i am at my age(37 years old).
I play basketball,bicycle and i still can dunk.

Almost every day i take this:
-Olive oil
-Wheat Germ oil
-Zinc
-Magnesium
-Potassium
-Gingko Biloba
-Maca
-Tomato products
-Collagen
-Glucosamine
-Glutamine
-MSM
I've added also a lot of spices
-Turmeric
-Black pepper
-Cumin
-Cayenne pepper
-Cinnamon
-Ginger
-Garlic

And some time i take Vitamin C,Selenium,Creatine,Trehalose,Ginseng,Vitamin B and others.

I eat everything,even bad things like sugar foods,french fries and drink Coca Cola but i have to attack the damage these foods do to me by taking regulary all the supplements.
It's a daily thing no matter where i am.
That's nothing compared to what nasty disease like Cancer,heart diseases,diabetes,degenerative disorders can do.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: WARNING to those who are coming to Philippines [Food]

Post by Taco »

starchild5 wrote:
You might have noticed how many women here have mustache developing, thanks to Hormones injected into Chickens, Pork and beef for quick growth ...The hormones are messing with women estrogen level and producing male hormones also...
Maybe that's why Filipina's are so horny.

The healthiest food I've eaten the Philippines are the dishes my wife makes with the exception of lumpia(Chinese spring roles). The fruit is amazing, mangos, coconuts and Ormoc pineapple. I also recommend you eat Coral Trout and Pork Adobo with rice and soy sauce. You can buy Coral Trout(Pagapo in Cebu) at any fish market in PI, its one of the best tasting fish I've ever eaten. Its a red fish with blue dots and its usually expensive.

Coral Trout
https://www.google.ca/search?q=coral+tr ... 00&bih=731
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

The healthiest food I've eaten the Philippines are the dishes my wife makes with the exception of lumpia(Chinese spring roles). The fruit is amazing, mangos, coconuts and Ormoc pineapple. I also recommend you eat Coral Trout and Pork Adobo with rice and soy sauce. You can buy Coral Trout(Pagapo in Cebu) at any fish market in PI, its one of the best tasting fish I've ever eaten. Its a red fish with blue dots and its usually expensive.

Coral Trout
filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you. Youd be doing the same acting if it was your role.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

You talk about sanity...and "Sane places to eat." but you are living in Manila?
The whole place is one big shithole if you ask me, and EVERYTHING about it is inherently
unhealthy, yet you have chosen to live there. I consider that pretty insane.
In Mindanao we live in an entirely different reality. Most of our fruit and vegetables are grown on
our property and most of the small farms in the area are not inclined to use toxic chemicals, and few could afford it even if they wanted to. The air is clean and good ingredients for cooking are plentiful.
You have to escape Manila...it will be the death of you.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Coral Trout
filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth.
I have found nothing to indicate this statement is true except for a few single Filipinas past the age of 30 I know. The women your dating obviously don't like you.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you.
Not true at all. I've dated Filipinas who were already American citizens, and they were even more horny for me than the Filipinas I dated in the Philippines. Just learn how to be a gentleman and treat women with kindness and respect, and those Filipinas will just melt.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

OutWest wrote:You talk about sanity...and "Sane places to eat." but you are living in Manila?
The whole place is one big shithole if you ask me, and EVERYTHING about it is inherently
In Mindanao we live in an entirely different reality. Most of our fruit and vegetables are grown on
our property and most of the small farms in the area are not inclined to use toxic chemicals, and few could afford it even if they wanted to. The air is clean and good ingredients for cooking are plentiful.

Outwest
I agree. I would prefer to eat in the provinces than the city. Pigs and chickens are fed pretty good and not shot up with steroids.

By the way, are you the same "OutWest" from SHTF Plan?
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

green1976 wrote:The only way at the moment,hoping that in the next decades medicine and technology would help to attack realistically the aging problem,you have to take effective counter mesure against the bad things we eat.
It's done by taking many reliable supplements,natural foods we already have.

I have around 20 of this,i've been doing that for some years,and many people are surprised of how fit i am at my age(37 years old).
I play basketball,bicycle and i still can dunk.

Almost every day i take this:
-Olive oil
-Wheat Germ oil
-Zinc
-Magnesium
-Potassium
-Gingko Biloba
-Maca
-Tomato products
-Collagen
-Glucosamine
-Glutamine
-MSM
I've added also a lot of spices
-Turmeric
-Black pepper
-Cumin
-Cayenne pepper
-Cinnamon
-Ginger
-Garlic

And some time i take Vitamin C,Selenium,Creatine,Trehalose,Ginseng,Vitamin B and others.

I eat everything,even bad things like sugar foods,french fries and drink Coca Cola but i have to attack the damage these foods do to me by taking regulary all the supplements.
It's a daily thing no matter where i am.
That's nothing compared to what nasty disease like Cancer,heart diseases,diabetes,degenerative disorders can do.
Thanks for the info I was doing online research on what to eat to balance all the negatives here. I will go this weekend on a hunt to find the above products or else, would order online from Amazon.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Taco wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Coral Trout
I think I saw this fish in the Mall, but it did not had DOTS, I'm kinda foodie....will go back tomorrow and make myself up to do some cooking and check this fish out...:)
Last edited by starchild5 on June 17th, 2014, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

OutWest wrote:You talk about sanity...and "Sane places to eat." but you are living in Manila?

Outwest
True. I agree...But I'm from Below Hell called India...:)...Its worse......I knew what I was getting into....Due to my online work, I needed fast internet connection, so chose Manila...I have tried Cebu earlier but it did not work out for me...

Its kinda my Destiny to be here I think....Most Indians go to US or Europe, I had my H1b Visa Cancelled Twice, The company I worked with sent everybody to US but when My turn came, they cancelled the project...I could have also gone through marriage route but somehow, it did not work out...that was when I was in my 20's, now, I'm nearing 40 and I'm glad I did not make it to US :)

My first choice was Ukraine as I have already been in Manila...wanted to date European girl more :) I had already talked about the Business LLC company I can open.... for me to stay for one year in Kiev and the following month all went down hill with government protest and civil unrest.

Thailand was my second choice but they give hard time for Indians, there is a lot of discrimination in Thailand for Indians, also I could only stay for one year and its expensive.

Philippines fit perfectly with my third world income plus I'm not much discriminated and I can stay for two and half years and renew my visa easily....

Even with all the worse thing Manila has ..Its 100 times better than India :) ...Yeah...Manila is no better but I don't have much choice either....however, i like the nightlife, women etc....If only the food and internet could get better :)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Array9 wrote:

Outwest
I agree. I would prefer to eat in the provinces than the city. Pigs and chickens are fed pretty good and not shot up with steroids.

By the way, are you the same "OutWest" from SHTF Plan?

No, I am not the same Outwest. I do relate to SHTF though...I used to do it for a living...lol. Much
of what the preppers have to say has some validity, and some of it is just BS.
Be prepared? Yes. Good to have your own viable SHTF plan...but you do not have to send $29.95
to figure it out.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Hero wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:filipinas are not horny in general thats a myth. you guys need to meet real filipinas not girls chasing after foreigners to put on an act. And yes the do it for even you married guys so they can get their green card/security blanket they wouldn't have without you.
Not true at all. I've dated Filipinas who were already American citizens, and they were even more horny for me than the Filipinas I dated in the Philippines. Just learn how to be a gentleman and treat women with kindness and respect, and those Filipinas will just melt.
thats because they learned how to use their p***y to get to america to begin with.

Regardless though many vets here, and even on other forums have confirmed to me most girls wont even hop into bed right away or they have natural libido like any woman in the world. There is nothing different about women in philippines. my barhoe told me some of her friends didn't like sex with their boyfriends. I been to churches here many times the girls here are very asexual and shy and spent time with good girls and hoe and i can tell you they are the same as women anywhere in teh world. The only difference i see is the foreigners getting the SLUTS(I.e like my current girlfriends friend and her mother who bounce with any guy wth no strings attached etc.), MILFS, and hoes and thinking suddenly they are hornier than normal, thats a myth.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Today I went to mall and brought a fish, couldn't find the dotted fish. Guess, I got too excited, the fish was kept in a freezer for too long it seems, tasted a bit rotten. Rice cost 10 Peso a cup :) ..I put all Pepper and curry powder and had a mini feast :D ....tomorrow would try to look around and test the fish before buying...

It seems Filipinos are more into meat than fish..The fish section in Mall is small compared to the meat ones
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Tilapia is worth finding - it was very cheap in Thailand. I ate a whole BBQ fish and after that protein overload I worked for 12 hours solid.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.