Happier Abroad at last

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Happier Abroad at last

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I made the move almost two months ago. The peace and quiet is overwhelming. I spend my life with my wife, in-laws, soon to have two children. Also living with us are four dogs, three puppies, two goats, several pigs, a duck, about a hundred chickens. Occasionally my sister-in-law comes crashing over, often taking some of her college girlfriends home. Which is fun, and not a sight I mind seeing.

There's another Happier Abroader among us, although he does not know of this site; the decision to go abroad was all his. Like me. He married a local girl as well, comes over to our house about once a week for drinks and a good talk. Gets along fabulously with my family as well. Also in the neighborhood are my wife's uncle, five cousins, her great-uncle and aunt and their children. Relatives, close and distant alike, are all over the place.

Most Sundays I go to the local Catholic church with my growing family. I do not understand most of it, but it does not matter much to me. Afterwards I talk to members of the community. On special occasions we are invited into the houses of prominent locals. Last Valentine's day, this was the house of a local engineer who worked abroad for three decades. Had dinner with the priest, and had a blast. My wife's little cousin drums in the church band and is taught how to drum by my HA friend. The priest, who enjoys a good whiskey and cigar, is a likable guy and good to talk to. Drives a motorcycle. Life is very casual, not formal at all.

It's a community I enjoy very much being a part of. I sit in the sun, read many books, write on my laptop and visit our two farms once or twice a week to check on things - harvest season is coming up, next month, so things are getting a little busier but not too hectic.

There are animals everywhere. And there are kids everywhere, too. My children will have no shortage of playmates. And they can play everywhere with little fear - the community is close, it takes a village to raise a child and that village here is always right around the corner. The population is young, and growing steadily. Families are often large. And, for my fellow forum members who might be interested: there are many gorgeous, young girls around. I especially like the look of the native mountain girls, girls from tribes. They are short, well-built. Shapely legs, many of them blessed with nice curves, although it's not the type of curves you would see in a rap video. Cute faces. And good Catholics, the lot of them. Although there are many churches, so there is no shortage of methodists, adventists, protestants, for whom it may concern.

I very much enjoy my life abroad, and it keeps me pleasantly occupied. Since coming here I lost about eight pounds, got a lot darker and feel a lot fitter. Air in the mountain provinces is clean, with many rivers clear enough to swim in. To stay in shape, besides enjoying the company of the local female populace, one can pick up hiking and come across many lovely sights.

I can recommend to anyone who is tired of the fast life, the stress and pressure of the modern world, or even the modern world in general, to give this place a try. At the same time I must warn you; things will be basic. Having some sort of pioneer-cowboy mentality is needed. Internet will be slow, or absent. Friendly company, meanwhile, will be abundant and the climate good, cooler then Manila and somewhat warmer then Baguio, it's ideal for me.

The best of luck on my fellow Happier Abroaders, may you all find what you are looking for. I for one am glad to have found what I was after. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy traveling!
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Happier Abroad at last

Post by starchild5 »

Wow that's amazing man...Good Luck..You made the right choice.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Sounds cool.

So what do you do for a living? Did you just invest some money in the farm and farm it in your wife's name and earn a living from that, or do you have some other means of earning a living?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi marcos,
Where have you been? Do you have limited internet access? Rock and i have been waiting your response. Did you get my pm? Check your inbox. We want to visit you up there and meet you. PM me back so we can coordinate and discuss. Thanks. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Congratulations, Marcos. I am happy for you.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Glad to see you're back Marcos, thanks for the update, congratulations.
Like i've said, you're pretty much the only poster here that actually believes in love, very admirable.

Some pics here would be appreciated
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Awesome story and congrats to you. I've been all over The Philippines, curious as to which province you are in?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

hammanta wrote:Awesome story and congrats to you. I've been all over The Philippines, curious as to which province you are in?

I missed you sexy. :wink:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well, Rock and I haven't received any replies by PM from MarcosZeitola about meeting up. I think he's read our PM's too. So I'm assuming that he's too busy now to meet up and doesn't want to tell us no for some reason. But it sounds like MarcosZeitola is kind of in his own world and bubble now, so perhaps he doesn't want outsiders coming in and contaminating it, at least not yet. That's the impression I get from his trip report. Am I right? MarcosZeitola, are you ever gonna answer us? I thought you'd be excited to meet us?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Marcos,

If it works for you more power to you. I really think for some happier abroad guys a quiet life and home life is not for them. Some guys like will n dodd for example want to live that playboyish life style.
Im convince a good majority of happier abroaders are seeking that. A country where women are easy to get and low stress and low cost . It works for some guys and it doesnt work for others.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

chanta76 wrote:Marcos,

If it works for you more power to you. I really think for some happier abroad guys a quiet life and home life is not for them. Some guys like will n dodd for example want to live that playboyish life style.
Im convince a good majority of happier abroaders are seeking that. A country where women are easy to get and low stress and low cost . It works for some guys and it doesnt work for others.
Exactly. Many like to pretend that going abroad is about finding a wife. Some men do go abroad to find wives. But by far the vast majority are just looking to monger their way across continents. I can think of at least four active posters who fit that category.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Stunning post, Marcos.

Thank you

Congratulations on all you have achieved!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Well, Rock and I haven't received any replies by PM from MarcosZeitola about meeting up. I think he's read our PM's too. So I'm assuming that he's too busy now to meet up and doesn't want to tell us no for some reason. But it sounds like MarcosZeitola is kind of in his own world and bubble now, so perhaps he doesn't want outsiders coming in and contaminating it, at least not yet. That's the impression I get from his trip report. Am I right? MarcosZeitola, are you ever gonna answer us? I thought you'd be excited to meet us?
Common, Winston -- You are too generous for people living in Philippines :lol: - You have a soft spot for all things Philippines like me. :wink:

People have met for lot less - I met Rock the day we contacted by PM - He came to see me the same night, when he had traveled to some remote place in Philippines and I just shifted to my new condo, so people could meet, if they really want to - Its just two humans meeting, if they have nothing to hide.. :)

Marcos obviously does not want to meet you like the Cebu guy from America, who avoided Rock and does not wanted to meet him either.

He has indeed read your mail but since you are brutally honest, he seems to be afraid that you will open his secrets to the world :lol: :lol: aka those who live in bubble in Philippines are merely living a fake reality :lol:

May be his 100 chickens weren't 100 after all :roll: - He has said a lot of things and he now needs to back that all up and that too in front of Winston - Who can detect BS artists from a mile :lol: :lol:

I know my post is really in bad taste with piss poor vibe considering the stature Marcos has in this forum but hey all he had to do is Prove me wrong and I will bite the dust and eat the humble pie :roll:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:Sounds cool.

So what do you do for a living? Did you just invest some money in the farm and farm it in your wife's name and earn a living from that, or do you have some other means of earning a living?
Good to hear that Marcos, after traveling for a while between Europe and Philippines finally made it and is now ready for a long stay as a true expat.
Congratulations to him.

Yes, it would be good to hear a little bit more about how he is managing his life from now on - for sure in countries like Philippines a foreigner has to be aware of some issues - in his case how to earn enough money, what to do in case of a medical problem and depending on the place where he is living how about criminality and so on.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.