"Rock with Winston" in Taiwan: Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Photos continued.

Here are two girls that Rock and I met at a night market in Chiayi. The one on the left, who corresponded with Rock, said that her dad abuses her and she keeps having to run away from home.

Ling Ling again.

Us at a science museum with her daughter.

Her daughter.

There are photos from months earlier when me and Rock went to Taichung, that I forgot to post. A girl at a pub me and Rock went to.

Last edited by Winston on January 5th, 2013, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My cousin's wedding. She is the bride in red. Lots of girls were there, but none of them were friendly or sociable with strangers.

A Taiwanese lady in her mid 30's that likes me. She is very sweet, but very simple and sheltered. Not much personality. She's also a workaholic that has no interests or passion outside of her family hair salon business. When she met Rock, she had nothing to say to him. lol

Her legs. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Me and Angela. She is a computer repair girl in Taichung, who now runs a backpacker hostel. She likes intellectual guys I hear, so she liked me and Rock and was impressed with us.

Nice legs

A nice American girl I met in Taiwan. She's the niece of an expat I know.

At a Couchsurfing picnic. Couchsurfers are nice, but political correctness dominates there. No one likes to hear anything negative. lol

Below is the girl who translated this essay into Chinese for me: http://www.happierabroad.com/Awakening-Chinese.htm

Winston pretty in pink. lol

Ann takes me shopping because Rock suggested it to her. lol

This is the German guy I told you about before, who also felt depressed in Taiwan cause people made no eye contact or were open to talking to strangers. Next to him is the girl who introduced me to him. I met her on HospitalityClub.org long ago.

Me and them.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston acts confident in hip black shirt. lol

Winston with a girl at a Thai massage place. The girl was from China, but she had hands of steel.

Me and two Taiwanese girls from Couchsurfing that I hosted and went to Alishan mountain with. They were hitchhiking around Taiwan.

A Chinese girl's legs in the van shuttle from Alishan mountain I kept lusting after. Her legs were so white and smooth and sexy. I kept fantasizing about banging her. I think she may have been from mainland China, but I was too shy to approach her.

Outside, a girl with hot legs and her boyfriend.

Last edited by Winston on January 5th, 2013, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
I hope you enjoyed the many photos above.

Here now is a video of me and Rock watching girls pass by below from a hotel room window in Taichung. You can hear our voices in it as we make comments. Rock said it was ok to post it.

YouTube version:

I set the YouTube version to unlisted. Hopefully that will prevent those anal feminist moderators from taking it down or flagging it. As backup in case YouTube takes it down, I uploaded it to Vimeo too.

https://vimeo.com/56740911

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ling Ling looks nice. Wow, it would be fun to be married to somebody like her!!! Guys, don't overlook those single moms!

The translator lady (the one holding the rice bowl) looks similar to a Japanese girl I once dated. Oh, I was too much of a bad man for her ha ha ha.

The girl on the previous page sitting in the bar with the white strapless thing (bustier?) looks a lot like my first Chinese gf.

Forget that tall leggy girl at the bar (the one in the blue dress) - she would be a cold and boring wife compared to somebody like Ling Ling!

Shoe shop lady looks like another Japanese woman I dated. She was the only older woman I've dated. I liked her, but she was a low talker and I struggled to hear what she was saying (fans of Seinfeld will get the reference).

Finally hair salon lady has great legs. I went on a blind date with a Chinese woman who had legs like that. She was awesome but on the downside she hated my guts and never called me again.

Anyway, it's nice to see these photos and for guys to get an idea of who they could meet in Asia!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Except for Ling Ling and the hair salon lady, I simply have to say that something really isn't right with these Taiwanese women.

So many of these Taiwanese women look so robotic, unhealthily pale, superficial, and passionless. What's with all the lifeless facial expressions framed with poorly faked smiles, V-signs, huge black rimmed glasses, ghost-white skin, almost zombie-like looks, ... list goes on and on. They're a product of a repressive, conformist society. I do not see this in rural southern Chinese women either. The rural southern Chinese women would have a healthier, more vibrant look to them. Pics: viewtopic.php?t=15802

This will be especially apparent for those of you familiar with Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe. Rock, you've been to Colombia before, so I'm sure you can recognize this immense difference. Most light-skinned Latinas would generally not look unhealthily pale and robotic, but instead have a sort of healthy, vibrant, ruddy, and passionate look.

Many of Winston's complaints about Taiwanese young women and society are spot on.

When I tell Taiwanese women that they look pretty, they tend to only say a simple "Thank you" and will have hardly any more reaction. No excitement, no passion. When I tell Latinas that they look pretty, this will usually spark plenty of flirting and excitement!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

So it's agreed? Winston should marry Ling Ling. They look like a good couple and she will get him out of his parent's basement and go do some interesting stuff!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:Except for Ling Ling and the hair salon lady, I simply have to say that something really isn't right with these Taiwanese women.

So many of these Taiwanese women look so robotic, unhealthily pale, superficial, and passionless. What's with all the lifeless facial expressions framed with poorly faked smiles, V-signs, huge black rimmed glasses, ghost-white skin, almost zombie-like looks, ... list goes on and on. They're a product of a repressive, conformist society. I do not see this in rural southern Chinese women either. The rural southern Chinese women would have a healthier, more vibrant look to them. Pics: viewtopic.php?t=15802

This will be especially apparent for those of you familiar with Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe. Rock, you've been to Colombia before, so I'm sure you can recognize this immense difference. Most light-skinned Latinas would generally not look unhealthily pale and robotic, but instead have a sort of healthy, vibrant, ruddy, and passionate look.

Many of Winston's complaints about Taiwanese young women and society are spot on.

When I tell Taiwanese women that they look pretty, they tend to only say a simple "Thank you" and will have hardly any more reaction. No excitement, no passion. When I tell Latinas that they look pretty, this will usually spark plenty of flirting and excitement!
This is sooo true! I'm glad someone else here can see the obvious. Ling Ling is an immigrant from mainland China. Maybe that's why she looks more genuine and authentic. Her personality is more "normal" too. Even Rock can testify to that.

Why don't you have pics of the faces of rural Chinese women?

I'm sure Rock knows the immense difference that you and I talk about, but for some reason he can't openly admit it. I don't know why, but he seems to have to be so politically correct when it comes to Taiwan, though he isn't about other subjects. It's as if he was a diplomat working in Taiwan. lol. Maybe he's part of some joint intelligence task force between the US and Taiwan, which is why he always has to go back to the USA for "meetings"? LOL
xiongmao wrote:So it's agreed? Winston should marry Ling Ling. They look like a good couple and she will get him out of his parent's basement and go do some interesting stuff!
Not really. Ling Ling is a nice person, good natured, and authentic. But she's not my type. Can't you tell from my photo collage and all the pics I posted what my type is? Also, she is not very educated but is argumentative about little things she doesn't know much about. But when she's argumentative, it's not in any mean-spirited way. It's more like a playful but whiny type of nagging, which can get annoying nonetheless. She also argues about trivial pointless things I don't like to waste time bothering with. It's nothing bad, just annoying.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

What's your type then? Long white legs and long black hair? Do you need a wife or just a series of gf's? Do you want a brainy woman or a house wife?

Looks wise you could go to Northern China, but the women are quite fierce there. Many Hubei girls are single and end up on CLL because they're too toxic for anyone. Cantonese girls are darker but have much milder personalities.

Just come to Guangzhou and you can go girl crazy there.

Ling Ling looks fun, and she knows how to train her man. Chinese women have such good ways with men, they will nag you and get their own way but it doesn't feel as harsh as how a Western woman will do it.

Educated Chinese women are fun to be with, but since I grew up with a younger sister I guess I'm used to being the boss so I'd be better off with a housewife type. These women just seem to want sex, fruit and babies, which is fine by me!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

By now, many sources are saying that Taiwan is the country with the world's lowest birth rates. Taiwan's birth rate is now even lower than that of Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore. This is DESPITE the fact that around half a million foreign brides had been imported to Taiwan during the last 20 years or so. Momopi has mentioned this quite a few times.

So add everything up. Millions of single, lonely Taiwanese men really do want to start families, and actually do so when they bring in foreign brides. Then think about why they have to start families via this route. Isn't this all glaringly obvious?

Why Has Taiwan's Birthrate Dropped So Low?
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 37,00.html

Taiwan Birth Rate Falls to World’s Lowest
http://www.voanews.com/content/taiwan-b ... 67887.html

Taiwanese birth rate plummets despite measures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14525525

Governments Organize Matchmaking as Asia’s Birth Rates Fall
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49471704/Governm ... Rates_Fall

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by fertility rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... ility_rate

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by birth rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... birth_rate

It seems like in a couple of decades, Taiwanese people are gonna go extinct! :P Plus, Taiwanese-American women aren't any better either.

Winston needs to come to the rescue! :wink:
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Taiwan's birthrate is low because of the estimated (note: hard data is not avail) 300,000 to 500,000 abortions performed annually. It's not that boys and girls aren't hooking up and doing the horizontal aerobics, it's people don't want to pop more kids.

On a grader scale, this is actually the historical norm for island states where land and resources are limited, thus tribes inhabiting them practice infanticide to prevent over-population.

While a declining population is not healthy to a country's future, it does mean less smog and more space for everyone.

Taiwan has a problem with female infanticide and gender ratio. Even with importing over 400,000 foreign brides, the gender ratio of marriage-age men and women only briefly touched even level.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:Except for Ling Ling and the hair salon lady, I simply have to say that something really isn't right with these Taiwanese women.

Falcon,

1. I have not been disputing this point about body language and and apparent approachability of Taiwan girls. Instead, I've been saying that certain western guys can up the quality of their dating life by relocating from US or other Anglo country to Taiwan. Or at least this used to be the case. I'm talking about going up the scale both in terms quality (better looking, better built, and younger) and quantity. I've made this point abundantly clear in my writings here over the years. It may even be that the the repressed nature of this society has helped create this opportunity. And anyway, I believe Taipei has a somewhat better vibe than all those places Winston goes to take his photos. I've never liked rural Taiwan, especially Chiayi. Not a big fan of Taichung either except that it has much better weather.

2. Yes, I was in Colombia several times in years past. The main difference I had in Colombia vs. Taipei is that on first dates, it's often much easier and natural to touch a lot. But if I were to just focus on the quality girls - very young with no children, I didn't have an easier time ultimately getting intimate with them in Colombia than I did in Taipei. In fact, Bogota was much worse as girls tended to always be busy. I remember one time in Cali, I met a cute waitress at a cafe in my neighborhood. After a few visits, I asked her out on a date. She agree and all, gave me her phone number too. It's easy to get numbers and set up dates there. But she just flaked and would not take my calls. That seems to be common in certain Latin countries where girls appear warmest. That's their way of saying no. An uninterested Taipei girl would just not agree to the date. However, I must add, I am not on equal footing in Colombia vs. Taiwan because in the former, I was just a visitor with very weak local language skills. In the latter, I was a permanent resident with strong local language ability. That may be a factor too.

3. This forum is already flooded with essays about how unapproachable Taiwan girls are, how bad Taiwan is, etc. It's getting to the point of rivaling all the rants about American women, the US, etc. I just don't know why people wanna spend so much time dwelling on the negatives. It boggles my mind why someone like Winston behaves the way he does, locating himself in his own personal hell and sharing it with the HA world on a regular basis.

4. If u go to Bangkok, I think u will find out that the quality girls there (the best looking light skinned ones who also attend Bangkok U., Chula, and other top unis u often see in certain areas) are not going to be any better. I think they are worse. I don't like their body language or the closed attitude they seem to exude. They look rich and spoiled. Many middle class urban girls in Taipei who rival such gals on looks have more balanced attitudes.

5. The easiest girls to approach and get to know about anywhere are going to be darker, shorter, and poorer. This goes for SE Asia, China, Latin America, Caribbean, and about anywhere else. There is a strong correlation in attitude and approachability vs. these traits. If there are exceptions, it will be short, dark, and/or ugly girls who are not approachable do to religion or other factors. The exceptions on the other side (taller, lighter skinned, better off beauties who are easy to approach) are going to be extremely difficult to find. Please tell me if you know of any such exceptions. I don't even think Russian girls circ 2013 are going to be that easy for average Joes to get close to if they are the tall and attractive ones unless they are P4P. Another example I found was that in DR, black girls seemed easier to meet than mulattoes who in turn seemed easier than caramel colored gals who in turn seemed easier than white girls (given equal age and looks). So just color or apparent race can have an impact by itself.

6. I hope you will talk to Monkro sometime, perhaps by phone or Skype when he returns to Taiwan in March. I would like you to get his take on the situation in Taipei and why he likes it so much.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

As always, thanks for the valuable insights Rock.
However, I must add, I am not on equal footing in Colombia vs. Taiwan because in the former, I was just a visitor with very weak local language skills. In the latter, I was a permanent resident with strong local language ability. That may be a factor too.
That is definitely a very big factor. I would have different experiences due to strong Spanish-language skills.

I'm really looking forward to talking to Monkro, and also dating Asian women for the first time. Jester was a bit surprised when I told him that I have never, ever had an Asian girlfriend before, or even made out with an Asian girl.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:By now, many sources are saying that Taiwan is the country with the world's lowest birth rates. Taiwan's birth rate is now even lower than that of Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore. This is DESPITE the fact that around half a million foreign brides had been imported to Taiwan during the last 20 years or so. Momopi has mentioned this quite a few times.

So add everything up. Millions of single, lonely Taiwanese men really do want to start families, and actually do so when they bring in foreign brides. Then think about why they have to start families via this route. Isn't this all glaringly obvious?

Why Has Taiwan's Birthrate Dropped So Low?
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 37,00.html

Taiwan Birth Rate Falls to World’s Lowest
http://www.voanews.com/content/taiwan-b ... 67887.html

Taiwanese birth rate plummets despite measures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14525525

Governments Organize Matchmaking as Asia’s Birth Rates Fall
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49471704/Governm ... Rates_Fall

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by fertility rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... ility_rate

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by birth rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... birth_rate

It seems like in a couple of decades, Taiwanese people are gonna go extinct! :P Plus, Taiwanese-American women aren't any better either.

Winston needs to come to the rescue! :wink:
1. Taiwan has one of the highest population densities on the planet, esp. if u strip out small territories and cit states from the rankings! Visit Cosco on a weekend to feel it. You can't freakin move. There are too many people on this island yet it's still relatively clean and well organized. Taipei transport is better than about any other Asian capital IMO.

2. Low birth rates also mean people are responsible. They tend to only have children they can provide a good life too. Some of our favorite Latin American and Caribbean hotspots are full of huge families, teen moms, and street kids who beg, steal, and mug.

3. Taiwanese are not the prudes u think they are. Bfs and gfs commonly have sex from mid teen years if not before. If u get a gf here, it would be very unlikely she would not have sex w/u unless she is a serious Christian or Mormon (a small minority of total population). And it would not be hard for you to get a gf here if u stayed for at least a few weeks. A significant subset even have casual flings.