Do monks have special powers?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Do monks have special powers?

Post by MrPeabody »

When I was visiting Wat Marahat, I noticed the street vendors selling these strange small objects, and Buddhist monks and ordinary Thais looking through them to buy. Some Thais actually had magnifying glasses looking at the trinkets. I later found out by a search of the Internet that these are amulets, and very popular in Thailand. They are made by senior monks and are blessed, and some have secret ingredients, like burned Buddhist scriptures. Some monks are known to have powers to create powerful amulets that bring luck and guard against evil, and they are highly sought after by collectors.

Well, I was in the Bangkok Railway station, after seeing the Golden Buddha, and I noticed this old monk who must have been about 80 years old. He was walking with this huge but beautiful walking stick which had all kinds of carvings of figures on it. I wanted to take his picture, so took out my digital camera. I snapped the camera and nothing happened. The camera had totally frozen. I hit the power button to turn it off, but it wouldn't turn off. Every button I hit had no effect. I have never had this happen before and it's a new camera. I finally had to remove the battery twice to get it to work. By then the monk was gone.

So, do monks have special powers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amulets
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Do monks have special powers?

Post by Jackal »

MrPeabody wrote: So, do monks have special powers?
Some do, some don't. And it's not really a matter of being a monk or not, but of spending so much time meditating and studying the mind and its interaction with reality.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

A girl I was going out with about 5 years ago also happened to be one of those people that always has problems with computer. Once she yelled at it (without touching it) and literally right that second something in the monitor exploded and it died.

As for monks with powers I've heard of a few in Thailand. I've also read in the papers a few cases where Tuk Tuk drivers were arguing over who had the most powerful amulet. There was one case where two friends insisted that their amulets would make them invulnerable to knives and each insisted that the other try and stab them. Both ended up in hospital. Apparently they both insisted that if they hadn't had the amulets that they would have ended up in the morgue.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal, have you heard of those reports of Tibetan monks having force fields around them and some even are able to become invisible or teleport? There's this Dutch guy who visited them and wrote a book about it, but I forget his name.

I know it's a documented fact though, that monks can regulate their body temperature to stay warm during a snowstorm, even with no shirt on.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I believe everyone has some paranormal ability.

Those monks in question are what I consider the early adapters of low level psychic power.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

If instead of going to some boring job for 8 hours per day, you spent all that time studying the physical body, the mind and the nature of reality and spirituality, what do you think will happen?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. This will blow you away. I don't know if this is real or staged, but at the end of this documentary, magician Dan White finds this monk in Nepal who is able to levitate and films it. Before that, he does some tricks for people that defy all logic and explanation, including making the moon disappear with his hands, putting a card outside the bus window, and pushing a necklace through his neck. Some really freaky effects. A must see. Here is the episode.

If you just want to see the clip of the monk levitating at the end here it is:

However, I strongly recommend seeing the freaky tricks that Dan White does which rivals David Blaine. What do you think of them? Are they camera tricks? It's hard to believe he can just do those tricks with no preparation or shills or camera tricks. They defy explanation.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Levitating monk shd go to james randi to win 1 mil $$s..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Starchild,
Is Sai Baba for real?

Narrated by rod serling, creator of the twilight zone series.

You are about to witness the apparently spontaneous manifestation of objects from thin air or, perhaps, another dimension. This particular phenomenon is only one among many attributed by his followers to a man of extraordinary mystical powers, an Indian mystic and guru known throughout the world as Sathya Sai Baba. 

Some of the psychic powers reported by his followers are the ability to read minds and see into the future, to cure disease by miraculous means, to project his astral body anywhere in the world and to adopt other forms, both human and animal. 

In this film you will witness events which may be unbelievable. However, try to keep an open mind, for some of this man's feats have been captured on film, and you will see them now as they actually happened. 

Man of Miracles - Sathya Sai Baba with Rod Serling - NOW on DVD in a New Special Edition - Cat# K578 - Go tohttp://www.UFOTV.com.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Do eastern monks have special powers?

Post by starchild5 »

NO. He was a fraud. I have lived through him all my life. He is just another Rothichilds agent to spread dis-info.

Many Many gurus showed up in India, during the invasion by British. It was just to divide and rule. They created their own sect. He is actually number 2. The other big fraud is Shirdi Sai Baba...The Original Sai Baba..He claims to be the avatar of that fraud.

This is just a ruse to attract gullible white people into so called great Indian spirituality con. :mrgreen:

Many Many white people are deluded by Indian spirituality and come to India to loose it all. Buddha was another con. Buddha killed sexuality, freedom, having good life, enjoyment, experiencing emotions of all kinds as you have mentioned many times due to your doubts with buddha. This guy was Super Buddha in idealogy. :D

The real gurus are never projected by Media to the outside world. All fake gurus are agent in India. Its very very hard for me to convince people otherwise because the control is extreme in India on spiritual matters.

Everything is hijacked here. His claims of creating objects out of thin air is gigantic baloney to fool ignorant main stream. He made billions out of it.

Only Gurus in India worth your time are the UNSEEN ones. Believe me, if they want to meet you, they COME TO YOU in Angeles City or Taiwan. The real gurus NEVER EVER come on TV or are known in the Media. All Gurus you see, hear from India are fraud with various layers of lies.

Its a gigantic web of lies, deceit, fraud..I must admit though, they have HIGH IQ and they can easily manipulate and control emotions which is nothing but possessed by AIs. All gurus in India are possessed by AI...They know the right button to push to steer emotions of Indians while making sure India remains a third world sh*t hole...That's genius...

They give you lots of promises but India remains same...Its incredible...How they are able to steal your emotions and here I'm having difficult in convincing Indians that Aliens exists... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do eastern monks have special powers?

Post by Moretorque »

I hope Mr. Peabody is doing ok, the last I saw of him he was getting all torn up with stage 4 doggie dementia......... :cry:
Time to Hide!
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by Eric »

The_Adventurer wrote:If instead of going to some boring job for 8 hours per day, you spent all that time studying the physical body, the mind and the nature of reality and spirituality, what do you think will happen?

Lol. At this, now that you put it like that... Yes. Yeah.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look at these superhuman feats that monks can do!