Drinking yourself into psychic powers

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Drinking yourself into psychic powers

Post by Cornfed »

I have vague recollections of these events and a couple of people have recounted them to me, so I guess they are true. It has often been said that if people were psychic then they could win a fortune gambling, and the fact they don't proves they must not really be psychic. Regardless of the merits of that argument, here is a time it really could have happened if only people had listened to me.

A couple of years ago I had just completed a trade course. I was partying with a bunch of the guys (and a few girls we roped in) and got drunk off my ass. The following day we continued drinking, but because I had never really stopped or eaten anything, I got drunk off my ass again almost straight away. We then drove to a bar where they had big screen TVs that let you watch horse racing and also bet on the horses. I was face down on the table almost straight away. I don't know why the bar staff didn’t throw me out. Perhaps because the some of guys I was with were obvious thugs and they didn't have any security staff in the middle of the day.

One of the guys who fancied himself an expert on horse racing collected money from the others to place bets. As the race was announced, I raised my head and said "Well, obviously [horse name] is going to win". He bet on another horse, but the horse I had named won. The same thing happened a second time. From then on, the other guys suggested that though I might be a drunken idiot, just based on the empirical evidence it might be an idea to listen to me. The guy doing the betting would hear none of it, an as a result they lost all their money. I apparently picked the winner 7 times in a row. If they had followed my drunken advice, they would have won a small fortune. This might indicate that we have greater powers latent within us but there is some kind of internal governor installed within our brains, which can only be overcome at present by half poisoning ourselves.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Re: Drinking yourself into psychic powers

Post by Mr_Truth »

I believe your powers were Satanic. By drinking, you provided the devil with the gateway into your being, and he gave you that power to call the right horse each time. It's somewhat similar to playing with a ouija board or dabbling in any other occultic activity.

In all charity, you really shouldn't be drinking so much.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr_Truth wrote:I believe your powers were Satanic. By drinking, you provided the devil with the gateway into your being, and he gave you that power to call the right horse each time. It's somewhat similar to playing with a ouija board or dabbling in any other occultic activity.
How do we distinguish between Satanic and non-Satanic powers in such circumstances?
In all charity, you really shouldn't be drinking so much.
It is funny how many times I keep hearing that advice. Maybe I should take it at some point.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

Cornfed wrote: How do we distinguish between Satanic and non-Satanic powers in such circumstances?

1) Drunkenness is a mortal sin for which souls will go to hell. God obviously will not grant you His graces or any power when you are in such a state.

2) You were in a bar among friends who were, in your words, "obvious thugs."

3) You were gambling, which promotes love of money, greed, and sloth.

As far as supernatural powers are concerned, there are only 2 kinds: holy and evil. Your seedy situation made you ripe for demonic possession.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr_Truth wrote:
Cornfed wrote: How do we distinguish between Satanic and non-Satanic powers in such circumstances?

1) Drunkenness is a mortal sin for which souls will go to hell. God obviously will not grant you His graces or any power when you are in such a state.

2) You were in a bar among friends who were, in your words, "obvious thugs."

3) You were gambling, which promotes love of money, greed, and sloth.

As far as supernatural powers are concerned, there are only 2 kinds: holy and evil. Your seedy situation made you ripe for demonic possession.
Drunkenness is obviously not a mortal sin according to the Bible and nor is associating with sinners, obviously. But I see your general point, although I don't necessarily agree with it. It was a bright happy day and I think my situation made me susceptible to goodly possession. I personally wasn't gambling.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Those same pathways can be opened through meditation, chanting, drugs, certain music and sounds, self flogging, and numerous other methods used by medicine men, witch doctors, monks and spiritualists throughout history. There are better choices than alcohol.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan