Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Could the Earth be FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe?

Post by Neo »

Well if someone wants to believe in astrophysics and propulsion in the vacuum of space, that's fine by me. However, as stated before, there is nothing to repel or propel against, by definition in space.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:53 pm
I posted this before, radar proves the earth is round. Also cruise missiles and why they were built proves this as well... Lots of other things prove this as well, I do not understand how this can go for 75 pages...

I think our rulers created this possibly as a marker to see just how effective their dumbing down has worked...
Yeah ok. But we are talking about a different issue now. The issue of whether the earth moves at all and if can be proven or demonstrated and verified. That's a separate issue from the shape of the Earth.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 11:30 pm
Moretorque wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:53 pm
I posted this before, radar proves the earth is round. Also cruise missiles and why they were built proves this as well... Lots of other things prove this as well, I do not understand how this can go for 75 pages...

I think our rulers created this possibly as a marker to see just how effective their dumbing down has worked...
Yeah ok. But we are talking about a different issue now. The issue of whether the earth moves at all and if can be proven or demonstrated and verified. That's a separate issue from the shape of the Earth.
It seems more plausible to me that radar proves a flat earth. For example. A hurricane destroyed the weather radar towers a few years ago in PR. Further proof that all that satellite coverage is untrue.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

[5/21, 2:05 PM] Winston Wu:

Neo:

"Gas cannot exist in a vacuum. Therefore there can be no propulsion. Also, there is nothing to push against in space, which again means no propulsion. In some amateur experiments in vacuums, the object (or rocket) itself expels gas which then pushes against the walls of the experimental chamber to create a rebounding "motion," but in space that wouldn't work because spacecrafts are not enclosed in small chambers in which gas compressed against walls can create propulsion."

[5/21, 4:25 PM] Alex From Venice: I already dismissed that reasoning in my previous message bro. You can have a propulsion force the moment you have something that push away something else. On a Jet propulsion is the expanding gas of the burning fuel that pushes away everything around it, including the space ship.

[5/21, 4:27 PM] Alex From Venice: So, while the gas moves away from the space ship, the space ship moves away from the gas. Both moves away each others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Nope.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 11:26 pm
Well if someone wants to believe in astrophysics and propulsion in the vacuum of space, that's fine by me. However, as stated before, there is nothing to repel or propel against, by definition in space.
It appears the key difference between Neo and Alex is that Alex sees the solar system as a merry go round, where if you get off the horse, you still spin with the horse on the carousel so you don't see the horses moving. But Neo does not. He sees it as getting off a bus and watching the bus move away from you. It seems to be a matter of faith. What's the proof that the solar system is moving like a merry go round? Even if it is, you'd see the sun rotating as you spin right? And you'd feel the motion too. I don't get it. What would a NASA scientist or professional astronomer say about this?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 3:32 am
Nope.
Is it your position that if you fired a gun in a vacuum there wouldn't be any recoil?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 8:40 am
Neo wrote:
Nope.
Is it your position that if you fired a gun in a vacuum there wouldn't be any recoil?
And there would be, the heat gases expanding out the back at high velocity propel it forward, it does not need anything as a base to push off of..... Same thing with a jet but it cannot burn in space. A prop plane beats against the air so it needs a base to push off of.... Although heat expansion from the exhaust would make it go in space if the engine could run without air...

Think about when you turn a hose on with a tight spraying nozzle, its the jet affect out the top that drives the hose back towards you...
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
Nope.
And there would be, the heat gases expanding out the back at high velocity propel it forward, it does not need anything as a base to push off of..... Same thing with a jet but it cannot burn in space. A prop plane beats against the air so it needs a base to push off of.... Although heat expansion from the exhaust would make it go in space if the engine could run without air...

Think about when you turn a hose on with a tight spraying nozzle, its the jet affect out the top that drives the hose back towards you...
Yeah, there may be arguments against the existence of outer space, but this isn't one of them.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Just think about how the heat from the sun drives our worlds weather, electromagnetic energy has push, solar sails for space travel.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 2:31 pm
Just think about how the heat from the sun drives our worlds weather, electromagnetic energy has push, solar sails for space travel.
Well in the flat earth model the sun is within the firmament of the sky dome, so if it is true then that wouldn't work.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I think many if not most flat earthers are agnostic on the dome question.

How about a couple of weather questions if the sun is 93 million miles away:
1. Why is the climate so much warmer in the northern hemisphere if you go just a few hundred miles south?
2. Why is Antarctica so much colder than the Arctic region?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Moretorque wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
Nope.

There can be no expansion of gases in space. It's a vacuum.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:32 pm
The expansion of gasses refers to gasses coming from the explosion of the powder in the firearm cartridge in the gun firing example or the burning of rocket chemicals in the rocket example.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:39 pm
Neo wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 4:32 pm
The expansion of gasses refers to gasses coming from the explosion of the powder in the firearm cartridge in the gun firing example or the burning of rocket chemicals in the rocket example.
It doesn't matter. Think of a vacuum as a powerful, dry, sucking wind. It's simply impossible to defeat it. Gas expansion is defeated before it can even get started.

Gas expansion is the opposite of a vacuum. The vacuum is always working against it. The vacuum's power is infinitely greater.