Conspiracy Theories Are Illogical

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Conspiracy Theories Are Illogical

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

WorldTraveler wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 6:10 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 3:50 am
This video breaks down why conspiracy theorists are never worth debating. They don't care about facts, they only care about trying to get you to buy into their coping strategy in an effort to validate it.

This a good video. Conspiracy Theories are based on Confirmation Bias and ignoring any information that doesn't prove the Theory. They are only theories and not science. Science sets up a hypothesis and tries to disapprove it. I spent my whole career in the STEM fields. Trying to disapprove any scientific theory/invention is an important as proving something works. Without testing the alternates, nothing would work. Planes would crash, the phone wouldn't work, the internet would work, medicine would work, nothing. Conspiracy theories never try to disapprove their theories, and test alternate theories.
So true....

What’s worse, the kind of people who obsess about them are the type who seek to sit at home and justify their stagnation. After all, why try to better oneself if the Jews, and the international cabal of reptilians control everything.

There are about 3 or 4 guys on this forum like that who just mope around the house and brood about how The Grand Plan excludes them from partaking in the success that is there for the taking.

Virtually none of them have the will to fix themselves with therapy or introspection.

Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'm not sure how people can continue to deny conspiracy theories when the most audacious and damaging conspiracy in human history is being played out before our eyes. If anyone had predicted the corona hoax a year ago almost everyone would have dismissed them as a raving whackjob conspiracy nut.
hypermak
Junior Poster

Post by hypermak »

I think there are different classes of conspiracy theories. Those implying that a (100%) human power elite is running the show quietly and behind the scenes are probably partly or completely true. Then you have the wackier ones about aliens and demons, subterranean bases and a hollow planet hosting ancient civilisations.

I personally am not such an expert about them and I have perhaps read 1/100th of what @Winston and some of you guys have. One thing I can imagine, though: believing in conspiracy theories can feed our sense of criticism and mistrust towards our rulers and rules, our authorities, and the standard narrative that those rulers and authorities rain on us on a daily basis. That can only be a good thing.

The problem I think most eager believers in conspiracy theories have is, though, what to do with them? Once we get convinced that the "reality" or the "truth" is all about us being constantly force-fed propaganda, manipulated, controlled, enslaved...what can we do about it?

Do we have the power to get our guns and march against the centres of power, if that even made sense in a world of "invisible" powers? Do we barricade in our farms, with cattle and rifles, and stack our shelves waiting for the police or the army to knock on our doors? Do we pretend none of this ever exists and continue a normal life of mortgages, family cars and dogs? Do we ignore them and just focus on the small world that matters to us: our family, our close friends, our community? Do we choose to live dangerously and just for ourselves, as if the world were to end tomorrow and nobody and nothing else mattered?

Whatever the elites are up to, their strategies will be infinitely more successful if we live fragmented, disenfranchised from the community or communities we belong to. This is what interaction only via social media, artificial rifts created over religion, race, politics, ideology, is doing to us.

Remember than the English world "devil", "diavolo" in Italian, comes from the Greek diabolous, which means, literally, "the divider". Evil has always existed but it can more easily prevailed in a divided society.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 7:11 pm
I'm not sure how people can continue to deny conspiracy theories when the most audacious and damaging conspiracy in human history is being played out before our eyes. If anyone had predicted the corona hoax a year ago almost everyone would have dismissed them as a raving whackjob conspiracy nut.
Well why don't you enlighten us and describe in detail:

-Specifically WHO is behind the coronavirus conspircy? And when I say specific, that does not mean naming some diffuse groups like bankers, Jews, or elites. It means naming names and citing evidence of culpability, not just your spewing your opinion.

-What exactly is the goal of the conspiracy and where is your evidence for citing that as a goal? Again, your opinion is irrelevant here. Cite EVIDENCE.

-What is your evidentiary proof that the Corona hysteria was a conspiracy instead of chance opportunism to blame and embarrass Trump and affect the election?

-What is your proof that a conspiracy was internationally coordinated so that most countries around the world worked in concert to establish precautionary quarantine and lockdown policies instead of configuring them on their own based on lack of scientific knowledge at the time?

If you don't have intelligent answers to these basic questions, just shut up and quit blaming everyone and everything for why you mope about the house and can barely function as a responsible adult while dreaming about starting some wacky "business" pipe dream.

If there is any evidence about a Coronavirus consipiracy, it was the Chinese who knew about the virus' release and their intentional spreading of information so that the had a chance to obtain and hoard medications, personal protection equipment, and medical equipment. That is credible because several Chinese medical officials disclosed this and this was corroborated by timelines and verified international purchases of this equipment.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 9th, 2020, 8:32 pm
-What is your evidentiary proof that the Corona hysteria was a conspiracy instead of chance opportunism to blame and embarrass Trump and affect the election?
I'd disagree with this interpretation, but if true that would be a conspiracy.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 8:44 pm
And who would be the participants who planned it? Or do conspiracies not need actual, active planners and participants if they can be used to justify your continued failure at life?

There is a reason your life is nothing more than moping and brooding. Childish thinking like this is near the top of the list!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 9th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Cornfed wrote:
And who would be the participants who planned it? Or do conspiracies not need actual, active planners and participants if they can be used to justify your continued failure at life?
You are saying that the Democrat party establishment got together behind the scenes to organise lockdowns in order to get rid of Trump while pretending to the world they were doing it for public health reasons. This is obviously a conspiracy theory that you are proposing. Not a very plausible one, but a conspiracy theory nonetheless. The only non-conspiracy theory of the situation is that thousands of people with institutional power all around the world simultaneously went insane in the same way and thought that the same insane policies made sense from their stated public health perspective.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:20 pm
September 9th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Cornfed wrote:
You are saying that the Democrat party establishment got together behind the scenes to organise lockdowns in order to get rid of Trump while pretending to the world they were doing it for public health reasons. This is obviously a conspiracy theory that you are proposing. Not a very plausible one, but a conspiracy theory nonetheless. The only non-conspiracy theory of the situation is that thousands of people with institutional power all around the world simultaneously went insane in the same way and thought that the same insane policies made sense from their stated public health perspective.
No. First of all, political opportunism does not a conspiracy theory make. Just as the left (not just the Democrats) exploits police shootings of blacks for political advantage, so do they politicize all crises to paint them as Trump’s fault. That is called political theater and opportunism, not a conspiracy you worthless moron.

Second, not everything bad in the world is a conspiracy as you think. This stupid paranoia is precisely why you never could amount to anything. You’re nuts!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 9th, 2020, 9:34 pm

No. First of all, political opportunism does not a conspiracy theory make.
I suggest you look up the word "conspiracy" in a dictionary.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:43 pm
September 9th, 2020, 9:34 pm

No. First of all, political opportunism does not a conspiracy theory make.
I suggest you look up the word "conspiracy" in a dictionary.
I suggest you look up the word “theory” in a dictionary.

And be sure to look up the term “loser” while you’re at it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

September 9th, 2020, 9:47 pm
I suggest you look up the word “theory” in a dictionary.
Explain.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 7:11 pm
Well why don't you enlighten us and describe in detail:

-Specifically WHO is behind the coronavirus conspircy? And when I say specific, that does not mean naming some diffuse groups like bankers, Jews, or elites. It means naming names and citing evidence of culpability, not just your spewing your opinion.

-What exactly is the goal of the conspiracy and where is your evidence for citing that as a goal? Again, your opinion is irrelevant here. Cite EVIDENCE.

-What is your proof that a conspiracy was internationally coordinated so that most countries around the world worked in concert to establish precautionary quarantine and lockdown policies instead of configuring them on their own based on lack of scientific knowledge at the time?

If you don't have intelligent answers to these basic questions, just shut up and quit blaming everyone and everything for why you mope about the house and can barely function as a responsible adult while dreaming about starting some wacky "business" pipe dream.

If there is any evidence about a Coronavirus consipiracy, it was the Chinese who knew about the virus' release and their intentional spreading of information so that the had a chance to obtain and hoard medications, personal protection equipment, and medical equipment. That is credible because several Chinese medical officials disclosed this and this was corroborated by timelines and verified international purchases of this equipment.
@Contrarian Expatriate , thanks for taking this one on. It makes no sense that the Coronavirus is a conspiracy. QAnon is the stupid's thing I've ever heard. I know people that believe this garbage. Believing in consspiracy theories is no diffent than believing in a fundamentalist religion or some cult. It make the believer think he important when he is nothing.

@Winston I have given you the names of books about Conspiracies in history and they are not theories, but they are not bizarre enough for you. Lincoln was killed by a conspiracy and this is accepted.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

(43%)
Around four-in-ten U.S. adults (43%) get news from Facebook, according to a survey conducted in July and August 2018. The share of U.S. adults who get news through Facebook is much higher than the shares who get news through YouTube (21%), Twitter (12%), Instagram (8%), LinkedIn (6%) and other platforms.May 16, 2019
How can people be so DUMB. I get NONE of my news on Facebook. I don't even see click throughs on Facebook that interest me.
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Great article about who is started QAnon. More shocking is that it was started in the Philippines.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/men-qan ... d=73046374