NASA successfully lands spacecraft on asteroid

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Neo
Junior Poster

NASA successfully lands spacecraft on asteroid

Post by Neo »

NASA confirmed the touchdown around 6:10 p.m. on Tuesday while live-tweeting and using CGI animation to show the OSIRIS-REx’s decent.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/nasa-land ... oid-bennu/
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Neo
Junior Poster

Re: NASA successfully lands spacecraft on asteroid

Post by Neo »

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Bennu, which is more than 200 million miles away from the Earth and as tall as the Empire State Building, has attracted scientific attention due to the presence of carbon-bearing materials — a key building block of life — on the asteroid’s surface.

The samples are expected to be delivered to Earth in September 2023, according to NASA.
The $800 million OSIRIS-REx mission launched in September 2016 and the spacecraft arrived at Bennu roughly two years later.
Bennu is located more than 200 million miles away from Earth but has an orbit that can swing it to within 4.6 million miles of the planet.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I take it you regard this sort of thing as self-satirizing, and no need to help it along.

NASA seems to be making a big propaganda push these days. At an H&M in Belgrade there are dozens of t-shirts and sweat shirts with the forked snake's tongue emblem. I've seen quite a few of them in the U.S. also.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

gsjackson wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 1:05 pm
I take it you regard this sort of thing as self-satirizing, and no need to help it along.

NASA seems to be making a big propaganda push these days. At an H&M in Belgrade there are dozens of t-shirts and sweat shirts with the forked snake's tongue emblem. I've seen quite a few of them in the U.S. also.
It just seems that the best evidence that space and space travel exist are computer graphics. Also, unfathomable distances are easily traversed.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Is the affirmative action NASA even capable of heavier than air flight any more? It seems that all they can do is hire outsourcers to do CGI for them now.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yes, and soon perhaps we can learn of the mysteries of life revealed to the plucky little space ship on Bennu. Was it William Shatner who let the cat out of the bag and said that science and science fiction are one and the same?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Straight out of science fiction. I think maybe microbes in space are a theory used to support a false creation story: possibly that life originated out in the stars, or some other version of it.

CGI is used simply because space and therefore space travel are not real, but unfortunately, many people believe in them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. Where is the video from the craft landing on the asteroid? Why wasn't it equipped with a camera? You'd think it should be right?

Also, why doesn't NASA put an unmanned craft on the Moon and send everyone a live feed? Especially put it near the Apollo artifact remains so everyone can see them on live feed? Shouldn't that be possible? Especially since they have a live feed from Mars on YouTube? In the Mars live feed, all you see is the camera panning around a desert backdrop, which could be anywhere. You never see anything moving or the wind blowing. It could be a still image for all we know. The droid on Mars also seems to never move or have wheels. Very peculiar. But you gotta wonder, if they can put a droid on Mars to send a live feed, why can't they do that on the Moon too? Anyone have any idea?

Check out this video of the Moon from an orbiter craft called the LRO. You gotta wonder, where are the Apollo lunar lander and lunar rover remains? Shouldn't you be able to see them from the orbiter video this close? Does this even look real? If not, how are they getting away with this? No one is questioning any of this. How does NASA explain why you can't see the Apollo artifacts from this close up orbit?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

This time I am quite shure NASA did not fake it.

How we landed on a comet 300 million miles away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxijOjmn-g
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Gali wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 5:39 am

Come'on, space does not exist :evil: . Just ask Mr.Wu..
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:

How are you sure? How do you know? You take it on faith, like religion. Why are you not capable of critical thinking? Your subconscious mind is obviously hijacked by scientism. Yet you don't even realize it.

Where's the footage from the probe? The video you see in that clip looks like anything Hollywood could easily make, and has too in many movies and video games. What's so special about your clip? You're also not answering any of my questions, so why post?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 12:35 pm
Gali wrote:

How are you sure? How do you know? You take it on faith, like religion. Why are you not capable of critical thinking? Your subconscious mind is obviously hijacked by scientism. Yet you don't even realize it.

Where's the footage from the probe? The video you see in that clip looks like anything Hollywood could easily make, and has too in many movies and video games. What's so special about your clip? You're also not answering any of my questions, so why post?
Simple.

Because the vid is from ESA. The Europeans did the job not NASA.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Doesn't matter where it's from. CGI is CGI. Where is the footage of the landing?

You don't like the idea of your reality being overturned right? It causes you anxiety. So you can't go there. You cannot use critical thinking and apply it to your own beliefs. Because you aren't that kind of truth seeker. Right?

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Doesn't matter where it's from. CGI is CGI. Where is the footage of the landing?

You don't like the idea of your reality being overturned right? It causes you anxiety. So you can't go there. You cannot use critical thinking and apply it to your own beliefs. Because you aren't that kind of truth seeker. Right?
Actually I like the idea that reality is challenged. Plus I am an relativist anyway. I think life is an illusion.

So I do not have a problem with stuff like that but I just do not believe people who are too lazy or low capacity to study physics and math and try to disprove stuff where these tools are needed.

Anyway it does not matter if I am right as everything is an illusion.