Strange Occurrences

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Strange Occurrences

Post by Voyager1 »

There are a lot of strange occurrences in the world.
Last edited by Voyager1 on December 18th, 2021, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Strange Occurences

Post by MrMan »

I have seen a lot of cool stuff along the lines of prophecy. My wife prophecies over people from time to time. I have gotten words of knowledge. I have gotten some information about someone and she prophesied it over the person before I could share it. That has happened with other people prophesying, too.

It's pretty amazing stuff. My wife told a young man that one day he would be a leader of a ministry and various other details. Years later, he saw her online and told her how he was a janitor when she prophesied to him about that, and now he is the head of a Christian non-profit organization and how all those things she prophesied happened.

There are also those numerous prophecies I have heard that tell specific details about the other persons' life, that the speaker couldn't naturally know about since he hasn't met the person, like this one guy who went on for about 7 hours prophesying and sharing words of knowledge and praying with people, praying about electrical work with the electrician, prophesying about the cruise ship one young person was going to go on and the camp someone else was going to work at. I came with some relatives who I knew did not know the guy and I hadn't told anyone about their occupations. I've seen quite a bit of this stuff. Not all prophecy is spectacular, and sometimes the details are such that the individual knows but other people wouldn't know.

There are also those times when you go to one church in one city and someone prophesies something over you and you go to another church in another town and someone else prophesies the same thing. I've experienced that. I get a lot of people prophesying my spiritual gift (and vocation--teacher) over me, to the point I forgot that this was actually an amazing thing.

One of the good things about prophecy is that it reminds us of the reality of God, of His care for our lives, in addition to comforting, encouraging, and edifying. Not all prophesying is about future events or an individuals' life. Some prophecies are given to encourage the congregation. Some people call prophecies about an individual, 'personal prophecy.' It seems like some of those are the most spectacular.

Denzel Washington tells of an experience with a prophecy. While looking it up, I see that Oprah Winfrey had a similar experience. I don't why she went the New Agey kind of route.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiphhBNBjnc

I've had experiences where I pray with people and pray details about them that I don't naturally know. We had a kind of generic kind of 'altar call' at a church retreat that I had just walked into late. There was a brother there from India who went up to the front to pray. I had just shaken hands with the man at church and did not really know him. I started praying for him. I prayed for all kinds of stuff, for his ministry in the US, for his ministry in India, for a car that would work. Later, he asked his wife, who had been talking to my wife while I was out, if she'd mentioned their car problems to her. He said when he prayed silently about ministry in the US, I prayed for that out loud. When he prayed about India, I'd prayed about that. When he prayed about his car problems, I'd prayed about that. I prayed as I felt led. I've prayed specific stuff that came to pass right after when I prayed like that. I've had people I'd just met express their surprise after I prayed with them and say stuff like, "How did you know that I was adopted." I prayed what came to me. I assume prophesying works rather similarly.

There is also tongues and interpretation where someone gives a message in tongues and someone else interprets. I know people who have gotten the interpretation, but someone else beats them to the punch and gives the same message before they could. Similar things happen with prophesying in church.