About my personal battle with Christianity...

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Heart of Shadows wrote:Well nice to meet you and good luck saving the world odbo.
Thank you, good luck being a tool. You're in good company
puresolium wrote:My problem with many religious people, especially American protestants, is their focus (or lack thereof) on the PRINCIPLES. They speak about Jesus and how they praise this man but wouldn't dare to live on the principles that this man represented. These principles obviously include stuff like, "Love thy neighbor", "Treat people the way YOU would probably like to be treated", simple stuff, really.

The reality is, people are trying to survive. They fear what's on the other side of life and need a quick way to enlightenment and spiritual development, as if they know what that really is. There is this guy on boob tube talking about how religion is basically fast food philosophy, hastily prepared laden with GMO vegetable oil and high fructose syrup with a seasoning of fluoride crystals.

I don't know, just my couple of pennies.
The principles are what make someone Christian. Most people are pseudo-religious because most people are shit. I don't think any guidebook can turn a shitty person into a good one, unless they first decide to do it themselves. Most people are brought into Christianity because of fear, instead of seeing it as a way to improve themselves. I never paid attention to the rapture and anything regarding the afterlife so I didn't have much of a problem with Christianity as I agree with the principles. I respect the teachings of Jesus and will call out anyone who tries to rewrite history by saying he didn't exist or was a sun deity. Now the bible being used as a blueprint for taking over the world, even being updated to closer fit the plan.. is another story all together. There are Christians who can see what's coming but don't try to stop it because after Lucifer rules, Christ is supposed to come and save us. :| With such consequences (eternal enslavement of mankind) you'd think they wouldn't risk it based on faith.. but the conditioning is so strong. There is value in reading bible/s but not to take it literally.
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

odbo wrote: Thank you, good luck being a tool. You're in good company
No tool here Mr Conspiracy, I just don't like playing hero.
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I didn't read this entire post, but I will leave my comment.

A lot of people here are about to not only stop helping me with my questions, but lose all respect for me.

Fallowing any rules, let alone christian ones, is a act of submission, by are vary nature we fight that.

Its are nature to kill rape pillage destroy, yet we refrain, why, because of laws that we ALLOW to control us.

The bible and Christianity show a clear path and way to live happy, with basic ideals, a lot of people might disregard them as outdated inferior means that someone created to control sheep sitters back in the old days, but its more than that.

Morality honor and integrity is a discipline just like any other, you do it to better your self, to sustain discipline, and because jesus christ, your creator asks you to.

Now, he never said it would be easy, wouldn't take personal sacrifice or even feel good to do it, but its what he asks.

You can accept this fact, and make the choice to fallow the rule set he gave you, or you can reject this fact, and make the choice to fallow your own rule.

Will you be happier for fallowing christs rules, probably not in this day and age.

So you can make the choice to fallow your own rules, and you will get your own results until you are dead, and well you know the rest.

Take it or leave it, that's it cut or dry, you've heard the information 100 times over if you "used" to be christian.

Most people want to debate why the choice they made is the correct one, well get off your high horse, and just accept the fact that you want to break free from a mold that has been holding you back all your life, don't try to make it sound good or "understandable" just make the choice and act of self, and do it.

because in the end if thats what you want then you've made the choice already.

The real christians accept the struggle and actually fallow the rules, the rest just go through the motions akak non=christians.

Or they do what you do, have balls and give up the fake mask, and if you are going to "fake it" then by all means please stop pretending, you just make the rest of us look just like the hypocritical crazy people believe us to be already, and the sad part is, most christians nowdays probably are.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Perfect

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

magnum wrote:I didn't read this entire post, but I will leave my comment.

A lot of people here are about to not only stop helping me with my questions, but lose all respect for me.

Fallowing any rules, let alone christian ones, is a act of submission, by are vary nature we fight that.

Its are nature to kill rape pillage destroy, yet we refrain, why, because of laws that we ALLOW to control us.

The bible and Christianity show a clear path and way to live happy, with basic ideals, a lot of people might disregard them as outdated inferior means that someone created to control sheep sitters back in the old days, but its more than that.

Morality honor and integrity is a discipline just like any other, you do it to better your self, to sustain discipline, and because jesus christ, your creator asks you to.

Now, he never said it would be easy, wouldn't take personal sacrifice or even feel good to do it, but its what he asks.

You can accept this fact, and make the choice to fallow the rule set he gave you, or you can reject this fact, and make the choice to fallow your own rule.

Will you be happier for fallowing christs rules, probably not in this day and age.

So you can make the choice to fallow your own rules, and you will get your own results until you are dead, and well you know the rest.

Take it or leave it, that's it cut or dry, you've heard the information 100 times over if you "used" to be christian.

Most people want to debate why the choice they made is the correct one, well get off your high horse, and just accept the fact that you want to break free from a mold that has been holding you back all your life, don't try to make it sound good or "understandable" just make the choice and act of self, and do it.

because in the end if thats what you want then you've made the choice already.

The real christians accept the struggle and actually fallow the rules, the rest just go through the motions akak non=christians.

Or they do what you do, have balls and give up the fake mask, and if you are going to "fake it" then by all means please stop pretending, you just make the rest of us look just like the hypocritical crazy people believe us to be already, and the sad part is, most christians nowdays probably are.

Perfect answer/post :) It's a way to post on both sides of the fence; a neutral answer.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

magnum wrote:Will you be happier for fallowing christs rules, probably not in this day and age.
That's a key issue on all of this. Many Americans are only religious because they think they'll benefit in the physical sense. Whether that is monetary gains or having to do with an afterlife. As soon as they think staying home and playing xbox will be a bigger benefit, or being a satanist will help them come out ahead, they'll do that. They're very cynical about it. There's also a percentage that view their piety as a form of charity, and suffer through church because it makes them feel like they've given back.. even though they don't believe a thing the religion stands for. (Americans sure are nutters! :shock:)

There are also those who don't have ulterior motives, but their subverted consciousness can't grasp the value of spirituality. "Will enlightenment conflict with my plans to join the army?" "God might of given me eternal love, but Satan gave me six seasons of Lost!"

In short: "What has Christ done for me lately?"

You never know how you'll feel until you try something. These people get into religion for the wrong reasons, which is probably what makes it religion, if they went in with their eyes open, it wouldn't really be religion!

So they get in, go through the pious motions not truly understanding the reasons for any rules (nor questioning the explanations), and eventually drop out after a small conflict of interest in their life to become "liberated". While people SHOULD get mad at a morally corrupt society (including their religious institutions!) and the "devil's work" for tempting them, and begin to see the current state of the world for what it is, a struggle of good vs evil.. with evil trying to subjugate your soul. They instead go for the easier target and get mad at concepts of morality (which they view as limitations), or their parent's social norms or even their conscience for making it harder to fit in to a psychopathic society where success is based on $ and popularity is based on degeneracy.

I for one cannot be happy living like a scumbag even if 90% of the population does exactly that. In trying to purify myself, the words attributed to Jesus reveal their wisdom. I don't need those words, I would be doing the same thing without them. But Buddhist philosophy can serve as inspiration or be helpful when you're lost. You should question it and find your own way. When I hear of wise old men I think of those on a lifelong quest for peace of mind. I don't think of someone who's been reciting the same book for 70 years and already figured out "the truth" when some preacher shared it with him.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Religion is mind control.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bijou
Freshman Poster

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Post by Bijou »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I have realized that Christianity is bogus, years ago, but I still struggle with it, like a spiritual/personal version of Mortal Kombat... There is just too much self-contradicting crap there! Like I said earlier, I only go to church to keep everyone off of my back. A smart man knows how to pick his battles. That is why I have not openly declared my intentions to ANYONE that I know. I know that those people can be afraid of those who think for themselves. Am I correct or not? What do you guys think? I am writing this because I need some kind of support from you guys.
The Religion is just a tradition. They teach how to live your life. Follow or disagee with them if you want but there is no god and you will not go to heaven or hell after you die, you will just die like the rest of the forms of life in this world: ameba, cat, rat, lizard, ant, tree, flower and etc.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

A smart man DOES know how to pick his battles. When it comes to church, get those zombies off your back if you wish, but DON'T partake in all the activities, such as bread/wine tasting, and tithing. These are activities the satanists clearly designed to take your free will/good luck as you're symbolically giving it away with these activities. Why do you think christians(western ones) are so messed up in the head? Analyze all western religions and you'll find out why.

By the way guys, most people don't know what Christ did for them. He died for your sins. What this means is, he took ALL of mankind's karma, to set them free. Thus in Christ's name, you could do evil as he'd take all the blowback in hell. As long as you YOURSELF, don't take trial for your sins. But since all westerners forgave evil(the bankers), the christ principle will not work for them. For example, the woman who attacked the pope gets saved, because he is evil and she did evil things to evil people(fulfiling the universal law principle).
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Here is what Machiavelli said about religion in "Discourses on Livy":

"whoever considers well Roman history will see how much Religion served in commanding the armies, in reuniting the plebs, both in keeping men good, and in making the wicked ashamed."

"And as the observance of divine institutions is the cause of the greatness of Republics, so the contempt of it is the cause of their ruin, for where the fear of God is lacking it will happen that that kingdom will be ruined or that it will be sustained through fear of a Prince, which may supply the want of Religion. And because Princes are short lived, it will happen that that Kingdom will easily fall as he (Prince) fails in virtue. Whence it results that Kingdoms which depend solely on the virtue of one man, are not durable for long, because that virtue fails with the life of that man, and it rarely happens that it is renewed in (his) successor"
http://www.constitution.org/mac/disclivy1.htm#1:11

"The Princes of a Republic or a Kingdom ought therefore to maintain their Republic's religions, and in consequence well and united. And therefore they ought in all things which arise to foster it (even if they should judge them false) to favor and encourage it: and the more prudent they are, and the more they understand natural things, so much more ought they to do this. And because this practice has been observed by wise men, there has arisen the beliefs in the miracles that are celebrated in Religion, however false; for the prudent ones have increased (their importance) from whatever origin they may have derived and their authority gives them credence with the people."
http://www.constitution.org/mac/disclivy1.htm#1:12
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Christianity and all other Western religions are simply a means to control and enslave people using a combination of truth and fear. Truth out of the essence of Christ's message and fear out of the manipulated gospels created for the purpose of control and enslavement. I'm assuming hero_of_men is having this battle because he clearly senses the lies, but also senses the truth and thinks this must be the only path to it. All the answers are inside of you, not in some ancient book. All you have to do is reconnect with your essential nature by practicing spirituality unattached to any religion, then you will know the truth for yourself.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Of course Christianity is bullshit. ALL Western religion is bullshit -- hell, even a few Eastern ones are too!

The OP's new nickname should be 'Captain Obvious'.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Post by Jester »

odbo wrote:

Fyi Pat Robertson is probably the most obvious example in America of controlled opposition. He's a Satanist. Anyone who thinks HE views himself as a Christian, is just as dumb as the people who watch his show, thinking he's a Christian.
I see him as a turncoat. He made a billion dollars, roughly, by taking CBN private, then selling it. CBN's place on the airwaves was sold to Jews.

And his Zionist pandering is nauseating.

But Satanist seems a little too strong.

Evidence?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Linc4Love wrote:Much of what you know about Christianity is likely already filtered and skewed by how your church interpreted things. Any true Christian devout in his faith will tell you that you need to read the Bible for yourself and form your own conclusions (since that is a biblical commandment). Don't judge a religion solely because many of their followers are morons.

Consider this, would a Muslim be happy if you presumed that Islam MUST support terrorism simply because an apparently disproportionate number of Muslims liked to blow things up? Not likely. One has to study a religion for himself rather than rely passively on hearsay to make a truly informed opinion.

And if your friends or family don't like the path you ultimately decide to choose, f**k 'em.
I don't think that is in the Bible.

Sounds like one of the minor leaders of the Reformation, maybe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

DaRick wrote:Many American Christians are a funny breed. The fundamentalists are the worst types; the ones I've met tend to be bigoted, arrogant people. It could be because America is so ego-oriented, that these types use their Christianity to feel better than others. If it's not Christianity, it would be some other religion. It's about them, more than it is about their official denomination.

I still believe in God (because the fact that we even exist in an otherwise lifeless solar system is a minor miracle), but I don't particularly enjoy going to church.

Ultimately, what you believe and do is up to you. While you are in America though, I wouldn't recommend being too public about your discontentment with Christianity, because then you'll attract unwanted attention.
LOL probably most Christians agree with you.
chaste_filipina
Freshman Poster

About my personal battle with Christianity

Post by chaste_filipina »

I think some of us may hate Christianity because of its ignorance and bigotry.

Some people strongly want other people to renounce their chosen belief just to belong.

Others don't care enough and do everything because that's what the majority are doing.
It’s like "blind faith."

Few people have the courage to question the beliefs their parents taught them and choose a religion that suits them for the best.

The real question is, which one are you?