Did Jesus Christ Exist as a historical person? If so, who was he?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Was there a historical Jesus Christ? If so, who was he?

Post by Neo »

The God and Father of all humanity is the source of all wisdom and knowledge and gives the proper answer to wise men.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 4:29 pm
The God and Father of all humanity is the source of all wisdom and knowledge and gives the proper answer to wise men.
Ridiculous. So man is not able to glean wisdom and knowledge on his own? Trial, error, and experience give rise to knowledge and wisdom, unless you want to give god credit for ignorance, stupidity, and wickedness too. Oh, that does not fit your religious narrative, huh?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

The other thing is, some people want to believe that Jesus was illiterate, yet He was able to capture the knowledge of Greeks from 300 or more years before Him.

Antisthenes - Greek philosopher
Born: 445 BC, Athens, Greece
Died: 365 BC, Athens, Greece

By the way, I have nothing against Antisthenes. I'm a lover of wisdom myself, and I quoted him here on this forum just a few weeks ago: "The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue."
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Neo wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 6:36 pm
"The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue."
You need to put that quote to work unlearning that cooky religion of yours.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:53 pm
Neo wrote:
"The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue."
Historically people's level of religiousness has been correlated with just about every positive outcome for life. Do you have a better religion for him?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Goddess worship works for me, meaning live in accordance with the laws of Mother Nature. However, I am way above average in intelligence and especially in physical self-discipline. Possibly unthinking belief in primitive cults works better at bringing about long term happiness (only "positive outcome for life" that matters) in average people.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 1:40 am
Goddess worship works for me, meaning live in accordance with the laws of Mother Nature. However, I am way above average in intelligence and especially in physical self-discipline. Possibly unthinking belief in primitive cults works better at bringing about long term happiness (only "positive outcome for life" that matters) in average people.
Living in accordance with the laws of Mother Nature means not getting wiped out biologically and culturally in a single generation, which is what you seem to be preaching. Mother Nature doesn't tolerate that. There will not be a single person repeating this argument as a result of you or perhaps at all in 100 years time.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

No, Mother Nature gives us desires and sometimes she also gives opportunities to fulfill them, in which case worshipping the Goddess and following her laws means taking advantage of those opportunities. In my case, Mother Nature gave me the desire for sex (in part, my sexual preferences are learned, but ignore that for the moment) and the opportunity to fulfill those desires, such as like yesterday with my beautiful young Ukrainian rental girlfriend. In my case, Mother Nature did NOT give a desire for children per se. A hundred years ago, fulfilling my desire for sex with that young Ukrainian would have inevitably resulted in children eventually, but nowadays not, because of birth control.

What is happening is that humans are evolving. Only those humans who want children for their own sake, rather than children as a by-product of sex, are reproducing, so that desire for children for their own sake will eventually be universal. Men like me and CE, who have no desire for children fur their own sake, are evolutionary dead ends under current conditions, though in the past we were not. In the past, our ability to accumulate resources and stay in good physical condition until old age and be attractive to much younger women would have made us very successful at reproducing. But conditions have changed and so now we go extinct, same as mammoths and saber toothed tigers were successful under ice age conditions and then went extinct when conditions changed. Humans and other animals are constantly evolving.

Your (@Cornfed's) inability to accept this and other realities is rebellion against the Goddess and her laws, and is why you are being punished with a miserable life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 3:57 am
No, Mother Nature gives us desires and sometimes she also gives opportunities to fulfill them, in which case worshipping the Goddess and following her laws means taking advantage of those opportunities. In my case, Mother Nature gave me the desire for sex (in part, my sexual preferences are learned, but ignore that for the moment) and the opportunity to fulfill those desires, such as like yesterday with my beautiful young Ukrainian rental girlfriend. In my case, Mother Nature did NOT give a desire for children per se. A hundred years ago, fulfilling my desire for sex with that young Ukrainian would have inevitably resulted in children eventually, but nowadays not, because of birth control.

What is happening is that humans are evolving. Only those humans who want children for their own sake, rather than children as a by-product of sex, are reproducing, so that desire for children for their own sake will eventually be universal. Men like me and CE, who have no desire for children fur their own sake, are evolutionary dead ends under current conditions, though in the past we were not. In the past, our ability to accumulate resources and stay in good physical condition until old age and be attractive to much younger women would have made us very successful at reproducing. But conditions have changed and so now we go extinct, same as mammoths and saber toothed tigers were successful under ice age conditions and then went extinct when conditions changed. Humans and other animals are constantly evolving.

Your (@Cornfed's) inability to accept this and other realities is rebellion against the Goddess and her laws, and is why you are being punished with a miserable life.
Well, at least that is something positive about the situation in that the likes of you and CE are voluntarily exiting the stage. I think there are various negatives about the prescriptions of the alleged "Goddess" but oh well you have made your choice. I think there is something positive about my genetic line (I concede I may be wrong given certain family members) and want it to continue, if not in genes then in ideas, not for me but for something outside myself.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 4:24 am
I think there is something positive about my genetic line (I concede I may be wrong given certain family members) and want it to continue, if not in genes then in ideas, not for me but for something outside myself.
Since you repeatedly state you are unable to marry and raise a family because of your shitty financial situation, why don't you just donate some sperm Cornfed? At least your glorious line would continue one way or another, even if perhaps a bunch of lesbians or infertile straight married men would be the ones raising your little Cornrows.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Shemp wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 3:57 am
Men like me and CE, who have no desire for children fur their own sake, are evolutionary dead ends under current conditions, though in the past we were not.
I'm not so sure about the evolutionary dead end theory. If you have siblings with children or even cousins with children (I have many), then there will be plenty of your genes moving forward. But keep in mind that the genes of our 4 grandparents only slightly resemble ours and they get even more different as you go farther back.

The undying obsession with "Passin on muh genes" is a preoccupation of the low IQ and those which nothing concrete to gift the world, in other words, the Cornfeds among us. Moreover, his alternate obsession with "Passin on muh ideas" is even more pathetic because children develop their own ideas because they are unique individuals, not reproductions of us.

For the record, I am vociferously anti-marriage, but I have not yet closed the door on siring and raising children as an unmarried man. This has nothing to do with gene continuation, but everything to do with passing on generational wealth and privilege instead of simply enriching my favorite causes.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 5:35 am
his alternate obsession with "Passin on muh ideas" is even more pathetic
Yes, truly horrible that he wants to burden yet another generation with his way of thinking. As I wrote before, he better hope Christianity is big lie, otherwise he's going to be roasting in hellfire for a very long time to get all that evilness purified out of him.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Shemp wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 5:49 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 5:35 am
his alternate obsession with "Passin on muh ideas" is even more pathetic
Yes, truly horrible that he wants to burden yet another generation with his way of thinking. As I wrote before, he better hope Christianity is big lie, otherwise he's going to be roasting in hellfire for a very long time to get all that evilness purified out of him.
True enough. I suspect he is already living hell on earth given how he describes his life (long term unemployed, obese, medical ailments, sexless, and mopes around the house drinking beer). If he were not such a reprobate, I would actually feel quite sorry for him.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Shemp wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 11:53 pm
Neo wrote:
Any and every religion other than Christianity is Satanic. And those false denominations of Christianity that state that a person must trust in their own works or repentance in addition to trusting in Christ are wrong.

(Christ is the Savior and His works are complete. All a person has to do is trust in Him and His works to be saved. Salvation is a free gift given to all that believe on Him and who also do not trust in their own works to save them. Then His righteousness is imputed onto that person, making them worthy to live again. )

Mother goddess worship doesn't save the soul. Worship of Aleister Crowley doesn't save the soul. Gnosticism doesn't save the soul. Buddhism does not save the soul. Islam does not save (no redeemer who paid their sins, and they do not believe Jesus is the Son of God).
Last edited by Neo on June 19th, 2020, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 6:06 am
So we can all agree. Nothing of you two will survive you and you don't want it to. When you depart this mortal coil you both will simply be gone and you agree that is a good thing, and I agree also. We are all in agreement then and I am glad this forum has helped us reach common ground.
Oh no! :shock: I am now triggered into a panic because an obese, unemployed, repulsive to women, medically-impaired, beer swilling, ugly, autistic, low-IQ, formerly homeless, soon to be homeless again psychopath who does nothing but mope about his house says I will perish! I better go knock up some women soon or I will be all but gone just because this major loser at life said so! OMG!

Sounds like the deep seated, low-IQ fears of an addle-brained prole attempting to be imposed on smarter, better men. Well, as I say "Projection is more than just that little room in the theater." If you take advice and opinions from an idiot, you become one. Shemp and I are not idiots.
:lol: