"Mental illness" = Demonic Possession?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: "Mental illness" = Demonic Possession?

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 1:29 am
You are strange Shemp. Are you saying that you believe in psychic phenomena but not the spirit world?
There are spiritual and material worlds. What you call "psychic" are material phenomena, though you use all these terms very loosely and in contradictory ways. Material and spiritual worlds influence one another though the human mind/body connection. Thus a demon (spiritual) may cause our body (material) to act in some way. Conversely, something we do or observe with our body (material) may affect our inner self (spiritual). Spirit world cannot influence material world without the human mind/body connection as intermediary.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Shemp wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 2:10 am
Winston wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 1:29 am
You are strange Shemp. Are you saying that you believe in psychic phenomena but not the spirit world?
There are spiritual and material worlds. What you call "psychic" are material phenomena, though you use all these terms very loosely and in contradictory ways. Material and spiritual worlds influence one another though the human mind/body connection. Thus a demon (spiritual) may cause our body (material) to act in some way. Conversely, something we do or observe with our body (material) may affect our inner self (spiritual). Spirit world cannot influence material world without the human mind/body connection as intermediary.
That is a good point, Shemp - the body (or more the mind...) needs to be medium (which is where the actual word comes into use for that purpose of contact with the said world...) what do you think Winston needs to do to gain a better understanding of this phenomenon?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

yick wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 2:37 am
That is a good point, Shemp - the body (or more the mind...) needs to be medium (which is where the actual word comes into use for that purpose of contact with the said world...) what do you think Winston needs to do to gain a better understanding of this phenomenon?
Some sort of demon appears to be blocking his understanding, so probably he needs to undergo an exorcism.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Shemp wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 5:13 am
yick wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 2:37 am
Some sort of demon appears to be blocking his understanding, so probably he needs to undergo an exorcism.
:lol:
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

@Shemp You told me to read this thread. I don't see anything of relevance to my situation...
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Shemp wrote:
August 27th, 2021, 2:10 am
Spirit world cannot influence material world without the human mind/body connection as intermediary.
That's not true. Angels can smite armies. People have told of spirits knocking things off shelves in their room. I know someone who would feel it press down on the bed like it was sitting on it. He'd been hanging out with witches and occult people, was depressed, did 'cutting' and looked down and he was carving some kind of symbol. The guy went through a dark place in his life. Stuff would get knocked over in his room. I did not know this. I slept in his room when he wasn't there and a demon spoke to me in a dream.