Four Extraordinary Aspects of Christianity That Atheists Can't Explain

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Four Extraordinary Aspects of Christianity That Atheists Can't Explain

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 2:25 am
Winston wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 12:21 am
No one denies that Christianity helped people endure their suffering.
I deny it! In fact, religion increases people's suffering. If you think Christianity was useful for black slaves, how did that work out for blacks in the end? No religion that implores slaves to obey their masters is positive for slaves as you suggested in a previous post. When misery loves company, don't confuse that with enduring suffering.
I deny it too.
It's not only about black slaves. It's about to eliminate large groups of people, entire empires because they believed in different religions, like Indians in all America in history. Inka Empire and the Aztec Empire come to my mind.

About black slaves, Christians at that time did not even consider them as humans, but as a kind of animal they discovered in Africa.
No other religion ever did that as far as I know.

Christians, both Catholics and Protestants entered also Japan and tried to take over, but they were not successful, they were shocked that the Japanese rulers at that time were fighting violenty back, kicking them out. Even after WWII, when USA took over and won the war, they failed to promote Christianity - up to today....

-----

About myself, my life as a child would have been much nicer without Christianity in my native coutry in Europe. I am happy to see that the Catholic Church received however a powerful response from my generation. Catholic membership was over 90 percent of the population when I was still a child and it is now down to less than 40 percent and still declining.

Islam took a little over from former Christian believers, but not so many, as Islam is mostly imported by immigrants - the large group which left Catholic Church for always became disappointed and disillusioned atheists. So far atheism is stronger growing than any religious movement worldwide. People are now better informed what is going on.

Christianity related people fought terrible wars against each other in Europe in the past, often with the Pope politically very active.
Further Christianity was also exported as far as to Latin America and Philippines, killing local people only because they refused to convert and to obey to Christian demands.

It is interesting to see how Christians are doing its best to ignore the existence of other religions, which did not originate from the same place - it talks only about Jews, Christians and Muslims. -

It never mentions anything about Hindus or Buddhists, Shinto or others, who believe in totally different religions which were created somewhere else in this world. Christianity is never teaching its followers to respect people of other faith.

All religions were created to PROMISE humans some form of afterlife after death. But it is just an empty promise, a rather weak one with no evidence that any form of afterlife does exist.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Yohan wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:02 am
Christians, both Catholics and Protestants entered also Japan and tried to take over, but they were not successful, the Japanese rulers at that time were fighting back. Even after WWII, when USA took over and won the war, they failed to promote Christianity - up to today....
I saw a film about that last week: The Silence (2016), which is about persecution of Christians and Portugese Christian priests in 17th century Nagasaki. It was excellent, like everything Scorsese makes.

Of course it is told from the Christian point of view and has a pro-Christian bias, but assuming the events portrayed in the film were essentially accurate (I think they were but I don't really know?) the Christians were a helluva lot more sympathetic than the Japanese rulers in that particular moment in history. The Japanese rulers are not portrayed sympathetically, because how exactly do you portray imprisonment, torture, and murder of people for their beliefs sympathetically.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I wouldn't blame religion for wars at all. There always needs to be a somewhat convincing excuse or story told to people, for the sake of the validity of warfare. Anyone who's lived through the past 20 years or so should be able to recognize this. It's about obtaining more resources, which leads to more power, wealth, etc., not religion. War is truly about business. In other words, the popular story told is often just a made up cover story to convince the masses of the population that the war is just.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... h_in_Japan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōmura_Sumitada

Wikipedia offers a good and fair summery.

About Japanese history, not an expert of course, but I visited both places - Yamaguchi and Nagasaki (churches and temples) in Japan, and also the cities nearby for example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara,_Nagasaki

Nagasaki was not the first point of entry regarding Christianity and trying to convert Japanese away from Shinto and Buddhism - it was in Yamaguchi, around 1550 - by Xavier. Christianity was outlawed in Japan in 1620.

In both places, at that time, in Yamaguchi and Nagasaki, on arrival foreign priests were friendly received by the Japanese landlords and the Buddhist monks at that time, they considered them as visitors, as their guests.

However as correctly mentioned in the wikipedia summary, Xavier in Yamaguchi had problems to convert the Japanese and tried to trick out the Buddhist monks of the influencial Shingon sect using a Buddhist word for 'Jesus'. Vairocana = Dainichi Nyorai 大日如来 in Japanese.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vairocana

Also the landlord misunderstood him as Xavier arrived from India and they all considered him as a preacher of a new Buddhist teaching - but the monks soon understood that he is teaching an entire 'new religion' and rejected him.

Xavier left Yamaguchi province, however he was never tortured or otherwise mistreated - he later on also left Japan.

---------------------------------------------------------------
by flowerthief00:

The Japanese rulers are not portrayed sympathetically, because how exactly do you portray imprisonment, torture, and murder of people for their beliefs sympathetically.
This was the response from the Japanese who defended their own religious belief.

In Nagasaki, the Christians were starting these disputes up to rebellions.

You have to consider the fact that the landlord at that time was a Japanese Christian convert.
Did you know about that?

In Nagasaki the landlord, (in Japanese called 'daimyo 大名) Omura Sumitada 大村 純忠 , converted to Christianity in 1563, but there was no hate coming from Buddhist monks and Shinto priests at the beginning.

However Sumitada was a dictator, forcing his own people under his command to convert also to Christianity and was highly aggressive in his faith, he destroyed Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, defacing even his family grave, and because of his intolerant behavior he provoked a general uprising - even his own son (illegitimate) was fighting against him.

He burnt down a temple dedicated to 'Marici', (= Marishiten, an important 'non-human' in the Shingon and Tendai teaching of the 'Lotus Sutra' and replaced the building with a cross.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marici_(Buddhism)

Not really the Christian way of love ....

His other son (born in marriage), Omura Yoshiaki 大村 喜前 also a Christian, took over and tried to be neutral - he renounced later on his Christian faith and returned to Buddhism. He was not Christianity friendly any longer, but also did not outlawed it either. There is otherwise -neither good nor bad - really known about him up to his death.
Last edited by Yohan on May 14th, 2020, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Yohan wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 2:09 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... h_in_Japan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōmura_Sumitada
Wikipedia offers quite a good and fair summery, these are basically two different stories.

As far as I know about Japanese history and I visited both places in Japan, and also the cities nearby.

Nagasaki was not the first point of entry regarding Christianity and trying to convert Japanese away from Shinto and Buddhism - it was in Yamaguchi, around 1550 - by Xavier. Christianity was outlawed in Japan in 1620.

In both places, Yamaguchi and Nagasaki, on arrival, foreign priests were friendly received by the rulers and the Buddhist monks at that time, they considered them as visitors, as their guests.

However as correctly mentioned in the wikipedia summary, Xavier in Yamaguchi had problems to convert the Japanese and tried to trick out the Buddhist monks of the influencial Shingon sect using a Buddhist word for 'Jesus'. Vairocana = Dainichi Nyorai 大日如来 in Japanese.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vairocana

Also the landlord misunderstood him as he arrived from India and they all considered him as a preacher of a new Buddhist teaching - however the monks soon understood that he is teaching an entire 'new religion' and rejected him.

Xavier left Yamaguchi province, however he was never tortured or otherwise mistreated - he later on also left Japan.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Christianity is an honest religion. A person must willingly become Christian.

There is no other name for Jesus than Jesus. Because to use another name for Him means that it is a different type of Christianity - a false version. This is what eternal salvation is all about: Believing in Jesus, that He is the Son of God. To use another name to 'win' someone to "Christianity" would mean that it is not Christianity (Christianity = Believers in Christ, not some other name).
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 2:24 am
Christianity is an honest religion. A Christian cannot trick anyone into converting to Christianity. He cannot force someone into it. The person must willingly become Christian, without violence.

Besides that, there is no other name for Jesus than Jesus. Because to use another name for Him means that it is a different type of Christianity - a false version.....
I would not call the Jesuits following a false version of Christianity.
If even the Jesuits are 'false Christians', who is then a 'true Christian'?

Jesuit Francis Xavier in Yamaguchi, considered the first missionary in Japan, he really was teaching Catholic faith using a Buddhist name for 'Jesus'.

Even educated people at that time like the landlord in Yamaguchi (Ouchi family clan) and the Buddhist monks of the Shingon sect misunderstood Catholicism as a new sect of Buddhism as he arrived from India.

About other names for Jesus, Islam calls him 'Isa' in Arabic and a Bible in Malaysian/Indonesian language which was calling the 'Christian God Father' as 'Allah' was confiscated by religious Islamic authorities as misleading.

Why not to call 'Jesus' in Japan '大日如来 dainichi Nyorai'? (= Vairocana)

In the Shingon sect there are two 'Great Buddhas', Amitābha and Vairocana, considering them as one and the same Dharmakāya Buddha...
Not really the same as in Catholic teachings, but somehow 'similar'...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmakāya
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trikaya

Dharmakāya is one of the three bodies called 'trikāya' of a buddha in Mahāyāna Buddhism.

Makes everything easier to convert simple Buddhist people into Christianity as there is the 'father' and the 'son' and the 'holy spirit'.....
This is called in Christianity 'Holy Trinity'

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Yohan wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 3:31 am
Neo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 2:24 am
Christianity is an honest religion. A Christian cannot trick anyone into converting to Christianity. He cannot force someone into it. The person must willingly become Christian, without violence.

Besides that, there is no other name for Jesus than Jesus. Because to use another name for Him means that it is a different type of Christianity - a false version.....
I would not call the Jesuits following a false version of Christianity.
If even the Jesuits are 'false Christians', who is then a 'true Christian'?

Jesuit Francis Xavier in Yamaguchi, considered the first missionary in Japan, he really was teaching Catholic faith using a Buddhist name for 'Jesus'.

Even educated people at that time like the landlord in Yamaguchi (Ouchi family clan) and the Buddhist monks of the Shingon sect misunderstood Catholicism as a new sect of Buddhism as he arrived from India.

About other names for Jesus, Islam calls him 'Isa' in Arabic and a Bible in Malaysian/Indonesian language which was calling the 'Christian God Father' as 'Allah' was confiscated by religious Islamic authorities as misleading.

Why not to call 'Jesus' in Japan '大日如来 dainichi Nyorai'? (= Vairocana)

In the Shingon sect there are two 'Great Buddhas', Amitābha and Vairocana, considering them as one and the same Dharmakāya Buddha...
Not really the same as in Catholic teachings, but somehow 'similar'...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmakāya
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trikaya

Dharmakāya is one of the three bodies called 'trikāya' of a buddha in Mahāyāna Buddhism.

Makes everything easier to convert simple Buddhist people into Christianity as there is the 'father' and the 'son' and the 'holy spirit'.....
This is called in Christianity 'Holy Trinity'

For the knowledge of Christianity vs Catholicism, a man can read the thread in this Religious forum entitled "Poor Catholics Do Not know...". That thread lists the differences.

As for the Jesuit monk, I have nothing to say about him.

I'm just saying that Christ cannot become a pre-existing Buddhist deity or person.

By no means do I know Japanese, but these translations look like they might make more sense: イエス (Iesu)/イエズス (Iezusu)(Catholic)/ゼス(zesu) ゼズス(zezusu)(Kirishitan)イイスス(Iisusu)(Eastern Orthodox)
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:49 am
I wouldn't blame religion for wars at all. There always needs to be a somewhat convincing excuse or story told to people, for the sake of the validity of warfare. Anyone who's lived through the past 20 years or so should be able to recognize this. It's about obtaining more resources, which leads to more power, wealth, etc., not religion. War is truly about business. In other words, the popular story told is often just a made up cover story to convince the masses of the population that the war is just.
Don’t be silly.

If you really believe that, I implore you to take your Christian messages to the streets of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, or Iran. You would learn very quickly how deep religious hatred goes. It would be too bad that your “lesson” would prevent you from returning to tell your story.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Moretorque wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 1:43 pm
Thanks....
I forgot to mention. Part of the mystery of Christ and proof of His foreknowledge is that He is the Word of God made flesh.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:23 pm
I forgot to mention. Part of the mystery of Christ and proof of His foreknowledge is that He is the Word of God made flesh.
This argument is really not very convincing. Rather controversial and contradictory...

If God is into foreknowledge and is able to know everything about what will happen in future, it means no human has a choice to decide freely out of own will - because God knows already in advance what this person will do...
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Yohan wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 5:04 am
Neo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:23 pm
This argument is really not very convincing. Rather controversial and contradictory...

If God is into foreknowledge and is able to know everything about what will happen in future, it means no human has a choice to decide freely out of own will - because God knows already in advance what this person will do...
Not to be critical, but your conclusion is a non sequitur.

I suppose that to many people free will means a person has control over his or her life. However, that is not what free will means.
Last edited by Neo on November 29th, 2020, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 7:18 pm
However, there's one problem. Although people have been cured of cancer, serious diseases, arthritis, and even had broken bones heal, there seems to be a limit. It seems there's a limit to what God can do. For example, no one has had their limbs grow back or been raised from the dead (besides Jesus of course, assuming his Resurrection occurred) or reversed their gray hair after it's turned gray. So there seems to be a limit to what prayer or God can do. It's not unlimited like Christians think.
I don't check into the forum and there were a bunch of tags with my name on it. I've go a few minutes, so I'll respond.

There is another resurrection recorded in Acts, not the type Jesus experienced, but the regular kind like Lazarus. I have heard of a number of cases of resurrections, one was a child raised through the prayers of a missionary working with the Sawe people, which lead to the first of the tribe becoming Christians. I recall a claim from Mahesh Chavda that there was a resurrection from a man in Africa with a death certificate. I hosted a one-off fellowship at my home one time, and a friend brought a preacher from West Papua who claimed he'd been raised from the dead. I head a testimony on TV of a woman who laid hands on her husband and commanded him to come back to life after the doctor's had given up after he'd flatlined. He was a Georgia State senator. I was actually in a meeting with them, and I wanted to talk with them about that, but they left before the meeting ended or I just did not get over there to talk to them. It's not something I've seen myself, and skeptics, who haven't seen it, can always say they don't believe it. It doesn't fit their worldview. I have seen evidence of other supernatural healing with my own eyes, but resurrection yet.

The Bible says that a head of white hair is a crown of wisdom, so why would God consider gray hair to be an ailment to cure. It's not like God is an impersonal non-scentient source of supernatural power. We are also to pray according to His will.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Atheism is full of bad people. However, There are exceptions. But it's all digital not physical. Christianity has good people, as long as you fit their side, are you not climate person or cold climate person, because if you're the opposite, you will be thought of as the devil. That's racism, in a nutshell.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Winston wrote:
February 25th, 2014, 11:31 am
Title: Four Extraordinary Aspects of Christianity That Atheists Can't Explain.

How can Christianity be untrue yet so powerful and transforming? My struggle as a deconvert.

Ever since I deconverted from the Christian faith in 1992, I've been grappling with an issue or paradox that I can't seem to make sense out of. Let me explain.

Using basic logic and reason, one can easily find lots of reasons in Atheistic and Anti-Christian literature and articles to use as a basis for disbelieving in Christianity. There are so many contradictions, logical problems, moral inconsistencies, absurdities in Christian doctrine, and lack of evidence to support the Bible's claims (or what Christian fundamentalists claim that the Bible says). Using logic to take apart the claims of Christians is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel, if one really wants to do it.

There are so many valid criticisms of Christianity and the Bible that make sense and cannot be explained away. In fact, I've listed many of them in my article here. These are all apparent to an objective rational clear thinking mind that has not been brainwashed by the belief that the Bible must be inerrant and the highest authority, being the word of God.

Yet in spite of all this, there still seems to be something very real about Christianity that is transformative and powerful as well which has stood the test of time. One can personally feel the power and realness of it (at least I do). Even as a non-Christian, one has to appreciate and admire that. So I think Atheists are wrong and narrow-minded to dismiss the value of Christianity as a whole. Consider the following verifiable major aspects of Christianity that attest to its real and transformative power throughout the ages and even now.

1. Christianity definitely has the power to transform lives. It has helped many people throughout history til now. There are countless testimonials of people who were broken and at the end of their rope, but after becoming born again Christians, found strength and salvation that brought them back to life. I know of many such people, have met them, and was one myself.

There are even accounts of people who were about to commit suicide but didn't after they found Christ, or found a Bible in a motel drawer and became saved after opening it. So it can even be said Christianity has saved lives and prevented suicides. In contrast, you will never hear stories of suicidal people at the end of their rope who found hope and strength in Atheist literature that saved their lives.

So it does seem that these sincere devout Christians are connecting to some kind of REAL power, whether externally or internally, which has a great transformative effect. I don't think it can be explained psychologically by mere placebo. It seems to be either spiritual, metaphysical, interdimensional, or divine in nature. So how do you explain that?

However, this isn't unique to Christianity. Other religions have transformed lives too. Islam, Mormonism, and even Buddhism has adherents who claim to have been helped or changed for the better by them. So how do you explain that? Christians can't explain this so they can only say that Satan can work behind other religions to fool people, but that is an obvious cop out that proves nothing.

2. Devout authentic Christians radiate a glow and energy about them that is different than secular people. There is something different in their eyes and vibe that sets them apart from average non-religious people in urban life who are materialistic, live for money and status, and have no inner life. If you've been around them, you know what I mean. It's like there is a foundation of righteousness and virtues within them that the secular person lacks. In particular, Mormons are known for their "Mormon glow" that radiates a clean and wholesome appearance. (Google "Mormon glow" and you will see references to this)

Now, I am not referring to any random person who calls himself a Christian, since anyone can pay lip service to being a Christian without living like one. I'm referring to the sincere devout Christian who carries a Bible, has many Bible verses memorized, generally lives according to the principles of his/her faith (not perfectly of course, but generally), and also has some type of "glow" about them. Thus, I think it would be logical to surmise that something very real must have transformed them like this. I don't think something totally false or unreal could do that.

3. Authentic experiences of miracles and answered prayer are common in Christian communities. There are many documented cases of miracles that defy conventional explanation, if one wants to find them. And every devout Christian can cite examples in his/her life of answered prayers that do not seem to be mere coincidence. Even I can.

For example, when I was 14, I was the only Christian in my family so did not have Christian friends to hang out with or even a church to go to. So one night I prayed and asked God to help me find Christian friends for fellowship and to have a church to go to. The next day or two, an old classmate of mine that I knew in 6th and 7th grade named called me. I had not heard from him in almost a year and there was no reason for him to call me. We had no business to discuss. He did not even know why he was calling me. It seemed like an unseen hand was making this happen.

After we made small talk for a while and caught up, I told him that I was listening to Christian radio. Then he asked if I was a Christian and told me that he was too. I told him that I had been since I was 9 but didn't take it seriously until now and had just rejuvenated my faith over the summer. But that I was a lone Christian with no church to go to. He then invited me to his community church.

Soon I went on a hayride with his Church Youth Group at night and then played miniature golf with them afterward. The people at the Youth Group were very warm, genuine and friendly, as if they had good souls. They were nothing like the mean, vile, hostile, rude teens at my school that made me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable everyday. It was refreshing to be around such people. It validated my faith and told me that there must be something to it. And it gave me the meaning in my life that I desperately needed. So for the next two years, I had a church to go to, and Christian friends to have fellowship with.

That's one example of an answered prayer I experienced. Every devout Christian has stories of answered prayer like this, that range from the mundane to the extraordinary. As you read, my prayer was answered almost the very next day by a classmate I hadn't heard from in a long time, who called me for no reason. And this did not seem like a coincidence at all. Old casual friends or acquaintances do not usually call me for no reason after not seeing me in a long time. As a Christian, somehow you just knew when a prayer was answered. I know that sounds subjective, but it was true and made my faith ever more real.

A pattern I noticed as a Christian is that prayers tend to be answered most often when one prays for things that are aligned with God's will. So people who pray for what they are supposed to, will get them answered most of the time. But prayers for things just to fulfill your greedy or selfish desires are usually unanswered. In my example, I was praying for the former of course.

Again, I'm sure that stories of answered prayer are not unique to Christianity. Believers of other religions and faiths have them too, if you want to find and interview them, or read their literature and testimonials. So how can we make sense of that?

4. Since its beginning, Christianity has spread throughout the world on an unprecedented scale that is inexplicable. Even historians marvel at this and have trouble explaining it. How can a small cult in Judea persecuted under Roman rule eventually become the world's biggest religion? This can't be explained just by the Roman Emperor Constantine making Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire in the 4th Century AD. Many Roman Emperors have promoted other religions and pagan deities, yet they did not spread as Christianity did. It seemed as though Christianity was meant to spread as it did, as though it were destined to be. No Atheist can explain this sufficiently.

See the documentaries "Christianity: The First 1000 Years" and "Christianity: The Second 1000 years" and you will be impressed.

Something that is unreal and powerless could not spread globally like that on an unprecedented scale. Only something with real power and destiny behind it could do that. So how can you explain that? Of course, the same could be said for Islam too, which also spread like wildfire, and is the world's second most popular religion.
For some reason this old topic caught my attention. While I am not an atheist I am openly opposed to Christianity which I view as a doctrine of spiritual enslavement and so I feel some kind of strange moral obligation to answer your question. For what it's worth, @Winston, I am also a deconvert like yourself. I left Christianity in 2012 before pursuing spirituality elsewhere.

Before I continue, I would like to say that I hold a very "non-PC" view with regard to Christianity (non-PC from the perspective of most religious/spiritual people). I view Christianity as nothing more than a religion of deception created by the matrix demiurge Yahweh for the enslavement of the soul. I even think that the Jesus figure in the New Testament is an agent of enslavement and don't understand why so many people including non-Christians revere him as some kind of wise or noble teacher. Neither do I understand why some people find the religion inspiring. I know that I'm going against the grain here within the spiritual community but my research and intuition have led me to this conclusion.

If you really think about it Christianity is not good at all no matter how many believers praise it as the absolute truth. Consider the following:

-The Holy Supper which is the central ritual of the religion is in reality the celebration of human sacrifice and a ritualized imitation of cannibalism and vampirism (this ritual is thoroughly demonic!)

-The teachings of Jesus in the Gospels consist of servile and self-sabotaging commands such as "love your enemies", "turn the other cheek", and "slaves obey your masters" (this morality is for slaves!)

-The eschatological vision of Christianity outlined primarily in the Book of Revelation consists of little more than fear, chaos, catastrophe, death and destruction (this is the kind of energy which the religion is trying to manifest in the material world despite its pacifistic exterior)

I am therefore of the view that Christianity is mostly if not entirely full of evil and negativity, its outwardly wholesome façade notwithstanding.

In Christianity's own words: "Even Satan himself disguises himself as an angel of light."

Now to answer your questions:

1. Christianity definitely has the power to transform lives.

In Western societies many people see a simplistic dichotomy of Christianity vs. atheism as the only options to choose from. For most people out of these Christianity is the more appealing option with its personal god, plan of salvation and positive afterlife vision for believers. It can easily be perceived as a ray of hope in contrast to the bleak nihilism of atheism.

But that alone wouldn't explain why many Christians feel hope so tangibly upon accepting the faith. Why is it that they feel it as so real despite the religion's illogicality and hidden negative aspects?

It could be a feature of the egregore or collective energy to which they as believers are spiritually connected. The egregore could be giving them an illusion of hope and feel-good vibes in order to keep them in the churches and subservient to the program. Egregores and their thoughtforms are very powerful. They can make illusions feel real. They can also induce all kinds of emotions and behaviors from love to hatred to paranoia to mindless fanaticism and completely alter their followers' thoughts and perception of reality.

I myself experienced that same feeling of hope and wellbeing on the surface but I later discovered that the religion was draining my energy at the same time and making me sick and unbalanced. Behind the luminous façade the Christian egregore's energy is rather dirty and demonic.

2. Devout authentic Christians radiate a glow and energy about them that is different than secular people.

True. Sincere Christians are generally much nicer and more wholesome than atheists who tend to have really negative energy and are mostly assholes.

Why is this?

It could be that people who are already spiritual are more likely to join Christianity. Spiritual people are naturally more luminous and of a higher vibrational frequency than materialistic secular people. People who already glow due to their natural wholesomeness end up joining a church due to cultural conditioning.

Alternatively the Christian egregore could create the same effect energetically (or the illusion thereof) in the same vein as the theory for the previous point.

We must ask ourselves just how real is this "Christian glow"? How many Christians are really like that? Does the mask ever slip and reveal a hidden dark side? I know examples of Christians who appear really warm and wholesome on the surface but who become very cold and hostile once they realize that you don't share their religious beliefs and that they aren't going to convert you. However, I know that at least a small minority of Christians are genuinely nice and kind people. See first explanation.

3. Authentic experiences of miracles and answered prayer are common in Christian communities.

Let's be honest about this: There are millions of devout Christians around the world living in abject poverty or suffering with terrible illnesses and Yahweh doesn't give a shit. No help for these suffering souls. Nothing.

But once in a while there is a miracle or an answered prayer following a church prayer session. Why is this?

One possibility is that those who pray together could have tapped into an occult energy field and manifested a desired result in the material world. It's simple magic. Magic in the occult sense is manipulation of energy with the mind in order to bring about physical changes. Christians might occasionally manage to alter reality with their minds through prayer and then attribute it to god's intervention.

Another possibility is that negative entities behind the religion sometimes create miracles for display in order to attract more followers to their program of deception. Ironically many Christians use this same argument against the presence of miracles in other religions.

4. Since its beginning, Christianity has spread throughout the world on an unprecedented scale that is inexplicable.

If one supposes that Christianity is a false religion engineered by the archons for the enslavement of the human soul as I do, then one could easily speculate that the spread of Christianity was aided by negative supernatural forces who have almost total control over the planet. In this case the spread of Christianity wouldn't be a mystery at all. What many call "divine providence" would simply be the will and remote action of a powerful demonic impostor god.

By the way, Islam also spread at an impressive rate and continues to spread even today. Does this mean that Islam is also the truth?

Christian fundamentalists will say that Islam is a counterfeit religion being spread by the devil. But couldn't the same accusation be made just as easily against their own religion too?

Final note

The above is my take as a deconvert and anti-Christian on the questions that you have brought up. I've come at them from an unconventional occult perspective.