Religious Tribalism

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Religious Tribalism

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:
Jester wrote:I suggest instead that Jews just attach themselves to a winner like fleas on a dog's a**:

-- Infesting the Helleneic world, even though the post-Alexander Greeks had waged genocidal war against them
references:
-------The First Book of The Maccabees,
-------The Second Book of The Maccabees
-------The Third Book of Maccabees,
-------traditional Jewish teachings about Hannukkah,
all the Jews named Alexander, Alexandra, or Sandy

-- Infesting the Roman empire, even though the Romans went on to wage merciless war against Masada, and enslave the populace of Jerusalem
reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudius%2 ... _from_Rome

--Hitching a ride on the Mohammedans as they swept into Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... h_Conquest

and so on.
Your analogy doesn't quite work since fleas jump on dogs but dogs don't jump on fleas. The Greeks, Romans, and Muslims all jumped on (took over) Jewish areas which is why Jews spread in their empires.
True.

Of course, the original discussion was about Britain. And it is the metastasized Ango-Zone through which the enemies of human culture operate.

In this case, there were no Jews at all in Britain, before Cromwell. The Sephardim made a group decision to accept Cromwell's kind offer, and to re-enter after a century's absence.

They weren't conquered. They weren't imperial subjects. Rather, they saw good ass to ride -- and jumped.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:
By the way, Feynman was a Jew too.
Indeed, an amazing man. A real idol of my father's, for his personality and stories as well as his intellect. I suppose that age-wise they were actually contemporaries, because if memory serves from Feynman's book, like my dad in his youth, Feynman too had a phase of wearing a "zoot suit".

Our fathers probably knew each other since physics is a small world. Here is my father's book:

He worked in fusion research?

That's exciting stuff.

My dad's PhD was in theoretical physics, but his pioneer work was in creating mathematical tools for analytical solutions to the mathematical models (systems of nonlinear differential equations) created by physicists including (eventually) the Navier-Stokes equations, which are sometimes used in plasma analysis, more generally used in fluid mechanics, aerospace design, underwater stuff. He was more or less a toolmaker for the guys creating the models.

He visited Hughes, Woods Hole, Port Huaneme, CIA etc more than he did Los Alamos.

But indeed they probably did at least read each others publications at some point.

Small world.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester wrote:He worked in fusion research?

That's exciting stuff.
Yes, also theoretical. And now my current dream is to raise chickens in rural Texas. Times change, don't they? Instead of science and math, the only thing worth pursuing today is escaping modern culture.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:
Jester wrote:He worked in fusion research?

That's exciting stuff.
Yes, also theoretical. And now my current dream is to raise chickens in rural Texas. Times change, don't they? Instead of science and math, the only thing worth pursuing today is escaping modern culture.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope our dads are laughing at this too!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My grandfather was orphaned at age 12... killed a Turkish soldier at age 14... smuggled guns... fought Turks... carried his little niece out of Van 500 km to safety... then jumped off a moving train to escape commie NKVD... swooped a 17 year old singer, emigrated, changed nationalities, raised four children...

My father fought Detroit street gangs single-handed, learned English, stood up to race-rioting Whites armed with iron bars, earned a PhD, revolutionized applied mathematics, helped bring down the Soviet Union, survived poisoning by the KGB, raised four children...

And now, after a safe suburban upbringing, a promising youth, and more education than most... followed by failures galore... I'd give my three remaining wisdom teeth -- with no anesthesia -- just to have a wife and a child... and be able to provide for them...
:roll:

PS The chicken thing sounds intriguing...