The Problems With Atheists and Atheism

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Problems With Atheists and Atheism

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
August 25th, 2021, 7:20 am
Science denialism is not ideal. For the soul we have love, literature and music.
Most of the top atheists are single or gay though and incapable of love or creativity or warmth. They are cold.

No one denies science. But science is not the only way to know things and it should not be the new priesthood authority that you can't question. It is a man made institution, not a concept. One can believe in science and God at the same time. Theists can see science as the way God works or has made things. For example, when Newton discovered gravity, he didn't become an atheist, he said "Oh so this is how God made things work."

Hence the science vs religion thing is a fallacy. Look up Professor John Lennox of Oxford. He explains this.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Except there is a text book definition of science denialism and guess who fits there? In your mind you can be everything even if you are seen as a member of the Bullshido cult.

Bullshido's prove that it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V33bWVkZTdw
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question for @Gali and @MarcosZeitola:

How do you know God doesn't exist? How can you be 100 percent sure of that? Don't you wonder if you're wrong? Do you ask yourself, what if I'm wrong? How can you have certainty about something you can't possibly know?

Also even if the Christian concept of God is highly problematic in many ways, that doesn't mean that no God exists at all right? And no soul, spirit world, other dimensions, etc exist either right? One flawed religion like the Bible and Christianity doesn't mean that total atheism, the Richard Dawkins type, must therefore be the truth right? How do you make such an unwarranted jump like that?

Science is a tool and mathod, but it doesn't make claims like "There is no God". Men with atheistic philosophy make statements like that, science does not. Do you understand that? Science does NOT have views about philosophy or theology. Men do. NOT science. Do you understand that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 9:30 am
Question for @Gali and @MarcosZeitola:

How do you know God doesn't exist? How can you be 100 percent sure of that? Don't you wonder if you're wrong? Do you ask yourself, what if I'm wrong? How can you have certainty about something you can't possibly know?

Also even if the Christian concept of God is highly problematic in many ways, that doesn't mean that no God exists at all right? And no soul, spirit world, other dimensions, etc exist either right? One flawed religion like the Bible and Christianity doesn't mean that total atheism, the Richard Dawkins type, must therefore be the truth right? How do you make such an unwarranted jump like that?

Science is a tool and mathod, but it doesn't make claims like "There is no God". Men with atheistic philosophy make statements like that, science does not. Do you understand that? Science does NOT have views about philosophy or theology. Men do. NOT science. Do you understand that?
Seems like you have problems with concentration. I told you many times I do not know.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali,
So you admit then that you are not 100 percent sure that there is no God right? If so, why don't you call yourself agnostic and be honest? Technically if you don't know, then you are agnostic. Right?

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 4:06 pm
Gali,
So you admit then that you are not 100 percent sure that there is no God right? If so, why don't you call yourself agnostic and be honest? Technically if you don't know, then you are agnostic. Right?
Yes technically you are right. I use the term Atheist to fight the oppressive religious people because if you are too nice they get even more oppressive.

Also I am not 100% shure that bullshido is garbage but still I call it garbage. If I am shure somebody is to 99% an idiot I still call him an idiot.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 10:54 pm
Winston wrote:
September 3rd, 2021, 4:06 pm
Gali,
Yes technically you are right. I use the term Atheist to fight the oppressive religious people because if you are too nice they get even more oppressive.

Also I am not 100% shure that bullshido is garbage but still I call it garbage. If I am shure somebody is to 99% an idiot I still call him an idiot.
But calling yourself atheist makes you sound closed minded and a religion/God hater. It sounds extreme. Why not just call yourself agnostic? I think most scientists are agnostic, not atheist.

You can always politely refuse Christians who try to evangelize or convert you. A simply "no thank you" is enough. You don't have to say you're an atheist. If they are aggressive types, they may try harder to change your atheism. It wouldn't matter what you say at that point. Best not to talk to them at all, or else they will try to make you feel guilty and tell you that you are lost without God, etc.

Are you saying you are 99 percent sure God doesn't exist? How do you know that though? That is almost 100 percent. But how do you know?

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

The problem are mostly the sharia muslims there are many of them. In general for example most people are Atheist. God is a no issue as long people do not annoy with stupid questions about God.

Yes I am quite shure he does not exist. Even if he does it is not our business. Check Epikur on God.
Last edited by Gali on September 5th, 2021, 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

I don’t see any problems with atheists. 99.99 percent of them realise god and religion is BS during their childhood or teens, the get on with life and never give it a second thought again.

Until I read this thread it’s probably been 30
years since I payed any attention to religion or thought about my non belief. It was when my mother signed a form to say I didn’t have to attend the yearly RE class at my school. Christmas, Easter, weddings in church (none of my friends mentioned god in their vowels) etc.... not a single thought.

Next time you see an ant crawling across your path, how much thought do you give it, if any? .... That’s about as much as most non believers think about religion. We just live life and let others live their life the way they want. If you want to believe in a magical, invisible sky wizard, then that’s cool with me 👍
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gali wrote:
September 4th, 2021, 11:51 pm
The problem are mostly the sharia muslims there are many of them. In general for example most people are Atheist. God is a no issue as long people do not annoy with stupid questions about God.

Yes I am quite shure he does not exist. Even if he does it is not our business. Check Epikur on God.
How are you sure God doesn't exist? How do you know? Can you give some logical reasons? I've asked you several times already.

When you say God you mean the Christian version right? If he doesn't exist, does any God exist at all? If not, who or what created the universe and the earth and human life and the code in our DNA? I've asked you this many times. It's very important. Since you have the truth, what is the truth then?

It seems most people are atheists now, especially men. But the media says that most people still believe in God. Maybe it depends on the circles you run in. If most people are atheists then why are atheist politicians never elected? Everyone knows that politicians have to say "God bless you all" or "God bless America". If most people are atheist, then that cannot be true.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Huddo wrote:
September 5th, 2021, 3:42 am
I don’t see any problems with atheists. 99.99 percent of them realise god and religion is BS during their childhood or teens, the get on with life and never give it a second thought again.

Until I read this thread it’s probably been 30
years since I payed any attention to religion or thought about my non belief. It was when my mother signed a form to say I didn’t have to attend the yearly RE class at my school. Christmas, Easter, weddings in church (none of my friends mentioned god in their vowels) etc.... not a single thought.

Next time you see an ant crawling across your path, how much thought do you give it, if any? .... That’s about as much as most non believers think about religion. We just live life and let others live their life the way they want. If you want to believe in a magical, invisible sky wizard, then that’s cool with me 👍
But why do you throw the baby out with the bathwater? Just because religion or the Bible has many flaws and absurdities, doesn't mean there is no God at all and no soul, no spirit world, no paranormal phenomena, no ESP or psychic phenomena, no ghosts, no other dimensions, no NDEs or OBES, etc. Right? Isn't that an unwarranted jump? I asked this many times in this thread. Did you see? Why is no atheist answering my question?

If Christianity is flawed that doesn't mean all religion is wrong or bad or contains zero truth. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater? Christianity does not represent every religion. And atheists cannot explain the origin of life or consciousness or origin of the world or the various paranormal phenomena in the world, etc. They just dismiss everything and pretend that only the material world exists. Men like Dr. Rupert Sheldrake have debunked that atheist fallacy.

Just because Christianity is flawed does not prove atheistic fundamentalism must be the truth. That's a very unwarranted jump and very bad logic. Very lazy logic too. How do you justify that?

Why not do what New Agers do and say "I'm spiritual but not religious". Do you even know the difference between religion and spirituality?

Also when you look at human anatomy and DNA you see intelligent design right? Just like when you look inside a machine. So how does randomness create everything including design and life? Doesn't it take life to create life? How does life come from non-life? Atheists have NEVER EVER explained this. So your atheism has MASSIVE HOLES. Yet why you stick to it like a religion??? Very weird.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Basically Atheists, I'm saying that taking a stand against religion should NOT become a religion in and of itself. That is foolish, not wise. I'm sure in your heart you can feel that, if you have a heart and soul that is.

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 5th, 2021, 1:12 pm
Gali wrote:
September 4th, 2021, 11:51 pm

How are you sure God doesn't exist? How do you know? Can you give some logical reasons? I've asked you several times already.

When you say God you mean the Christian version right? If he doesn't exist, does any God exist at all? If not, who or what created the universe and the earth and human life and the code in our DNA? I've asked you this many times. It's very important. Since you have the truth, what is the truth then?

It seems most people are atheists now, especially men. But the media says that most people still believe in God. Maybe it depends on the circles you run in. If most people are atheists then why are atheist politicians never elected? Everyone knows that politicians have to say "God bless you all" or "God bless America". If most people are atheist, then that cannot be true.
How are you shure that the Spaghetti monster does not exist? It is stupid to believe stuff without scientific evidence. You are wasting my time. I am shure there are lots of atheists in the internet where you can discuss theses things.

Btw. I wanted to write that Atheism is common in Germany but not world wide.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Winston wrote:
September 5th, 2021, 1:49 pm
Basically Atheists, I'm saying that taking a stand against religion should NOT become a religion in and of itself. That is foolish, not wise. I'm sure in your heart you can feel that, if you have a heart and soul that is.
Saying the Spaghetti monster does not exist should not become a religion in itself. Believing that cars houses and trees exist should not become a religion itself.

Team intellectual bullshido.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's not the same thing Gali. A creator of the matrix is not the same as a random thing like a "spaghetti monster". Something you make up to ridicule something is NOT the same as something people genuinely experience, like God without or God within. I don't mean Christian God, just any God. We are hardwired to believe in God. Science programs admit that. It's natural to believe in God. But it's not natural to believe in the spaghetti monster or invisible pink unicorn. No one believes in those things. You can't compare them. Intelligent design is a fact. Design cannot come from randomness. You can't escape that.

You are not answering my questions. This is a waste of time. You are not having a real discussion, only ridiculing everything with "bullshido". Denying everything leads nowhere, especially since you are basing it all on a false assumption that only materialism exists and nothing spiritual or extra-dimensional. Read any book on paranormal or documentary and you will see that you are wrong. Religion may be a disease but so is Atheism. Any strong belief that ignores contrary data is a disease.