The Sinner's Prayer and Biblical Inerrancy are American Inventions, NOT from Traditional Christianity!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Leonardo_De_Santis
Freshman Poster

Re: The Sinner's Prayer and Biblical Inerrancy are American Inventions, NOT from Traditional Christianity!

Post by Leonardo_De_Santis »

Aron wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:18 am
As for the main claims here, I partly agree, Christianity in the new testament does tell people to take actions to be allowed into heaven. But those actions are essentially to abandon all their worldly possessions and become poor before they're seen as worthy.
1Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate
It's a very anti-life belief system where actively getting rid of everything that makes you successful is seen as good. It doesn't promote anything active and helpful in people's lives
Proverbs 21:5 The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness

Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, 8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. 9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? 10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
instead it just gives them a lot of mental limits and tells them to restrain their mind
1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
so they don't question Christianity and get sent to eternal hell.
1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
At other times, it tells them that all they have to do to go to heaven is believe, both of these lines of thinking are in the new testament, they're just contradictory.
Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

2Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
Or i should say, not really contradictory, as the goal in creating Christianity
Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
wasn't to create something coherent and true, but to create something that'll string people along into obedience one way or another.
Acts 28:22 for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
The active personalities are funneled into abandoning what helps them and spreading Christianity throughout society while the passive personalities are told they just must believe wholeheartedly and not dare to question it as they accept Christianity taking over society. Leaving two contradictory options lets people pick and choose what they like and fall in line one way or another, their cognitive dissonance is going to be too strong to question it and Christians didn't exactly rule peacefully anyways so nobody was going to get away with questioning it once it took over.
1Corinthians 7:7 Every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
It also just shows Christianity was a work in progress, it was not a true historical account, updates were made to it over time.
1Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you

1Corinthians 14:37 The things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
So, regardless of whatever you believe is true about this individual Christian doctrine, I cannot see why you still believe the religion. First of all you should know it's not true
Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
but even if magically the Christian myth was true and God existed, it wouldn't matter, there would be no reason to see the religion as morally righteous in any way. It's anti free though
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
it's all about blind obedience to authority
Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
and it doesn't even provide real helpful teachings for people's lives.
Proverbs 24:3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established
It tells people to cast away all their earthly possessions and become poor if they want a good afterlife
1Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate
and constantly threatens all believers with eternal torture if they fail to believe hard enough.
1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
Eternal torture or just being erased depending on what biblical passage you're looking at, including in the New Testament several times.
Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Jesus even tells believers to cut off their hand or any body part if they even think of sinning with it. Which i suppose means most Christian men should be hand-less by the age of 15 or 16. Clearly this is an authoritarian control structure designed to manipulate people into obedience as you have pretty much pointed out before in this forum.
Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
What good do you even extract out of it? It seems like based on everything else you believe in, Christianity's hardly compatible with most of your ideas. For example your debunkingskeptics site says there are real psychics, but Christianity would say 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live' and say you should be hoping they are burned at the stake. Which you certainly don't agree with.
Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour
Your site often says Reincarnation is true, which is directly incompatible with the ideas of either an eternal heaven or an eternal hell.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.
You have a thread questioning if Anti-Aging or aging reversal could be possible. Pretty much every human is concerned about if that will be invented in their lifetimes or not, but Christianity would absolutely say no to it. According to their religion, all Christians should categorically refuse immortality if scientists invented a method to extend the human lifespan long enough to invent another extension before said people died, until they fully figured anti aging out for good, assuming that's possible. It's right in the Old Testament, Adam and Eve are apparently evil in that story due to wanting to eat something that grants immortality. While wisdom and knowledge of good and evil, is of course, somehow also evil, since Christianity is anti-thought.
Genesis 5:27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

Psalms 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
All i can think of that you might say is some mention of the Golden Rule in christianity, but if this is really the only thing Christians can think of that's good about it, i just don't know what to say. That's just a moral tenet that has nothing to do with Christianity in particular, it's being a respectful person.
Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
I can think of some things to ask though. Do you actually go to church?
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Do you pray to God?
Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
Just how much of Christianity do you really believe in? And in what ways does Christianity and any specific teachings of it actually help your life? So what exactly does Christianity teach that you think is good?
2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
I should accompany this by some positive things that Christianity definitely doesn't teach, though, so you don't just think I have no constructive criticism here. Christianity doesn't teach people to take control of their lives and increase their wealth and the prosperity of their community.
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith 23 Meekness, temperance

2Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

2Corinthians 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men
It doesn't teach people to be open minded and think critically so they can learn and develop more.
Psalms 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Psalm 119:169 Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to thy word.

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
It doesn't tell people to develop habits that will improve their lives, for example it does not teach people the scientifically validated practice of meditating even just a few minutes a day to focus their mind clear it of distractions
Psalms 104:34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.

Psalm 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Psalm 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
clear it of distractions, and plan out what they will do.
James 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
It mostly focuses on its idea of an afterlife and what people should not do instead of what they actually should to become better people, which is why i say it's anti-life.
1Timothy 3:3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.
Hopefully some of this might convince you a bit that Christianity is just not good at all and that you really shouldn't believe in it either
These criticisms of Christianity, when compared with the Scriptures, clearly show whether they are intelligent and informed objections or unfounded lies.
"The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart that is, the word of faith which we preach: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame" (Holy Bible, Romans 10:8-10)