Conversion to Islam

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Conversion to Islam

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 4:04 pm
If you let slip that you are not a Muslim and someone hears that you are a Jew, how will that go over?
Everyone in my mosque knows that I am not Muslim and that I am racially jewish (but not a Jew because I reject Judaism). I feel very welcome in my mosque.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 3:15 pm
Shemp wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 9:48 am
I have officially decided to call myself a Muslim henceforth,
Do you attend mosque? (I do.)
Do you pray daily? (I do.)
Do you give charity. (I do.)

I am not Muslim, but Islam is the most promising religion today so it deserves my support.
If you let slip that you are not a Muslim and someone hears that you are a Jew, how will that go over?
An interesting point om Islam if I am not mistaken is usury is forbidden and you are not allowed to charge interest on money but only service charges. Some claim this is the real friction of the Jews against this religion ?
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Moretorque wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:39 pm
MrMan wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Shemp wrote:

I am not Muslim, but Islam is the most promising religion today so it deserves my support.
An interesting point om Islam if I am not mistaken is usury is forbidden and you are not allowed to charge interest on money but only service charges. Some claim this is the real friction of the Jews against this religion ?
I'm not sure if it is unanimous, but Shariah banking does not allow making money on interest (riba), or profits from pork or gambling. There are actually funds available from the middle east for Shariah banking. The finance calculations are the same, but many governments charge higher taxes on profits than interest. In Indonesia, there are, or used to be, tax breaks for oil tankers that could be invested in with Shariah funds.

There were some experiments with Judaistic banking in the 1800's-- rent to own housing and the like. The Torah did not allow Jews to charge interest to their own people, but only to foreigners. But he who ascends the hill of the LORD in the Psalms does not charge interest.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:11 pm
MrMan wrote:
Everyone in my mosque knows that I am not Muslim and that I am racially jewish (but not a Jew because I reject Judaism). I feel very welcome in my mosque.
Do you have descendants? If you converted to Islam or just went to the mosque and influenced one branch of the family to do the same, some of your Muslim descendants might blow up the Jewish descendants. That's something to think about.

I hear when Soeharto took over Indonesia, since Soekarno was friendly with the Communists trying to include them into the big tent of Indonesian governance, and the commies had taken over much of the capital, when he seized power, he shipped Communists off to little islands. Maybe worse stuff happened to them. People lined up to sign the rosters at mosques since religious people weren't Muslims. Then the kids of nominal Muslims became more serious. Some of the serious ones may get radicalized.

Why don't you go to a church? At least they aren't going to blow people up, and if you influence your children to join, your descendants probably won't bomb any buses in Jerusalem.

Btw, if a Jewish person converts to Islam, let's say a woman, are her kids Jewish? If she circumcises them at 12 instead of 8 days, do they fall out of the Jewish community?

T
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Do you have descendants? If you converted to Islam or just went to the mosque and influenced one branch of the family to do the same, some of your Muslim descendants might blow up the Jewish descendants. That's something to think about.
I have kids but my wife isn't jewish so my kids aren't jewish.
Why don't you go to a church? At least they aren't going to blow people up, and if you influence your children to join, your descendants probably won't bomb any buses in Jerusalem.
The only Christians that I like are conservative Mennonites. But I actually feel more comfortable with the Muslims. And I have ideas about how to educate kids to be intelligent, and the only group where I have any chance of implementing this is Muslims. The Mennonites are set in their ways. Only the Muslims are open to sensible ideas for educating children.
Btw, if a Jewish person converts to Islam, let's say a woman, are her kids Jewish? If she circumcises them at 12 instead of 8 days, do they fall out of the Jewish community?
I don't know. Ask your local rabbi.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:13 am
The only Christians that I like are conservative Mennonites. But I actually feel more comfortable with the Muslims. And I have ideas about how to educate kids to be intelligent, and the only group where I have any chance of implementing this is Muslims.
What do you think of Ed Dutton's idea that Islam actually limits Muslim intelligence by design and that is the secret to its success?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MrMan wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Moretorque wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 5:39 pm
MrMan wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Shemp wrote:

, but many governments charge higher taxes on profits than interest.
The problem and why usury is forbidden is because they know compound interest over time transfers all wealth to the userer and enslaves everybody else to them. With the net on the people who are doing this are exposed. What is going on right now through the communist system being implemented world wide is the biggest conspiracy ever on earth period!
Last edited by Moretorque on April 27th, 2020, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:32 am
What do you think of Ed Dutton's idea that Islam actually limits Muslim intelligence by design and that is the secret to its success?
I don't remember exactly what Dutton said, but I am skeptical. Islam may indirectly lower intelligence because modern Islam causes corruption and corrupt governments often keep the masses down through bad education.

Anyway, whatever mainstream Islam does doesn't matter to me. Islam is diverse and dynamic, so it has the opportunity for something good. This is what interests me.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

:shock: Shemp made a thread about Roosh's phony conversion then converted himself. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40187

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

fschmidt wrote:
Any religion which is threatening its members with assassination if they dare to leave the club disqualifies itself.

Any religion which is threatening a member of another religion with assassination or slavery because that 'infidel' is unwilling to convert, disqualifies itself.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Yohan wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 3:42 am
Any religion which is threatening its members with assassination if they dare to leave the club disqualifies itself.

Any religion which is threatening a member of another religion with assassination or slavery because that 'infidel' is unwilling to convert, disqualifies itself.
All religions have morons. The question is which religions have non-morons.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

HappyGuy wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 7:55 pm
:shock: Shemp made a thread about Roosh's phony conversion then converted himself. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40187

There is a context there-- a Hebrew audience. God gave Noah, ancestor of all nations, creeping things to eat. Israel had certain commandments to set them apart from the nation, but weren't doing a good job of keeping them.
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

I belong to a Christian family but when I recite the Quran and hadees my thoughts are quite clear and I keep learning from the Quran and different books which is related to hadees.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 12:13 am
The only Christians that I like are conservative Mennonites. But I actually feel more comfortable with the Muslims. And I have ideas about how to educate kids to be intelligent, and the only group where I have any chance of implementing this is Muslims. The Mennonites are set in their ways. Only the Muslims are open to sensible ideas for educating children.
Having lived in a Muslim country, it seemed like the Muslim-educated ones were at a disadvantage, like they had a veil over their minds.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I took a course on Shi'i Islam in college. W learned about Islam in general first. The interpretation I got from the professor, who was an American Muslim, is that 'infidel'...or kafir... is someone who refuses to believe. This applied to idol worshippers. They put Jews and Christians in another category, 'people of the book' or "ahli kitab". The third category they call believers, "mu'min" are Muslims.

The passages against the Jews were interpreted to apply in specific cases when Muhammad was at war with Jewish groups. Some of the more radical elements may apply them to Jews in general. Some modern Muslims interpret Islam through the lens of the Palestinian conflict.

Muhammadism cannot offer God's forgiveness, which comes through faith in God Who raised the Messiah from the dead.