Young Earth Creationism - Is the world only 6.000 years old?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Young Earth Creationism - Is the world only 6.000 years old?

Post by Winston »

This might surprise you, but before the 1800's when Charles Lyell and Charles Darwin wrote books about the Earth being billions of years old, the common belief in the Western World, Europe and among Christians, was that the Earth was only 6,000 years old, or maybe up to 10,000 years, but not in the millions or billions range. That might sound crazy, but the Young Earth creationists do have a lot of interesting scientific and geological evidence to support their claim, which I do not see Atheists trying to refute at all, but only ridiculing.

For example, see this amazing film "Is Genesis History?" below. The narrator goes to the Grand Canyon and other places with expert Christian geologists, biologists and scientists who all explain why the evidence points to a global flood and young Earth, just like the Bible says. It's a beautiful film with lots of spectacular scenery and features top notch experts of high morals and virtues, which make them very likable, compared to modern degenerates. Like them or not, these Christians do seem to have a lot of evidence to support their beliefs, whereas Atheists only have ridicule and seem at a loss to explain them away. For example, if you go to the IMDB reviews of the film, you see that a lot of Atheist are bashing the film with ridicule and ad hominem attacks, but not able to refute the scientific evidence presented in it, which is a bad sign and red flag that Atheists can only condemn others for thinking freely rather than debate the evidence. See below.

Is Genesis History? (Full film)

IMDB reviews where Atheists ridicule the film but do not refute its arguments or evidence:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6360332/re ... ef_=tt_urv

Also see this Young Earth presentation where scientific arguments are presented to show why an old Earth of billions of years cannot be possible according to linear logic.

Btw, before any of you ridicule all of this, please at least WATCH the videos above for God's sake. Don't just dismiss it without hearing it out first. And I mean all of it. Otherwise, you do NOT have an informed opinion. And remember, ridicule is NOT a valid argument and doesn't prove anything.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Young Earth Creationism - Is the world only 6.000 years old?

Post by Winston »

Another interesting presentation:

Evidence that Noah's Flood Formed the Fossil Record - Dr. Kurt Wise (The Paleontology of the Flood)

If you like this lecture from the 2017 IGH Conference, you can get it and over 70 more at: https://isgenesishistory.com/conference/

The fossil record can be difficult to understand. It is, however, an extremely important witness to the results of the global flood and its aftermath in the post-flood period.

During the 2017 IGH Conference, Dr. Kurt Wise explored the impact of the Flood on the earth in a series of three in-depth lectures. This lecture on the “study of fossils,” the second in the series, provides a fascinating look at the nature of the fossil record.

Paleontology is actually Kurt’s specialty, having received his PhD from Harvard while studying under evolutionary paleontologist Steven J. Gould. Needless to say, Kurt understands paleontology extremely well from both perspectives.

If you’ve not seen the documentary yet, here are ways to watch Is Genesis History featuring Kurt Wise and 12 other scientists and scholars: https://isgenesishistory.com/

Specific topics of “Paleontology of the Flood” include:

2:40 – Biostratigraphic Column
10:00 – Nature of Fossilization
19:45 – Footprints/Trackways
25:00 – Disparity vs. Diversity
29:00 – Organismal Change: Stasis and Abrupt Appearance
32:30 – Testing Evolutionary Claims
40:00 – Floating Forest Theory
50:00 – Explanation of Coal Layers
1:07:00 – Overview of Model
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting live public debate between Bill Nye (science educator on TV) and Ken Ham (Christian Creationism Author and Co-founder of AnswersinGenesis and a Creationist museum) about Creationism vs. Evolution, and Young Earth vs. Old Earth model.

Bill Nye and Ken Ham walk through a Creationist museum together and discuss the exhibits there. Boy that Bill Nye is very abrasive and antagonistic. I've met plenty of Atheists like that before. They are very emotionally draining.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Neo and @MrMan and @gsjackson, what do you think of this topic? Any thoughts or opinions?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Neo and @MrMan, what do you think? Do you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old? What's the scientific establishment's proof that the Earth is 4 billion years old exactly? How come they never elaborate or explain it? They just state it as a fact like 2+2=4.

MrMan, do you believe in theistic evolution? Why or why not?

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:20 pm
@Neo and @MrMan, what do you think? Do you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old?
Yes, in the 6000s.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Evolution is a joke. I used to believe in it long before I got saved, but even before I got saved, when I was studying evolutionary anthropology, it started to seem implausible. It is just wild conjecture that poses for science. It may be another form of religion for those who don't want to believe that God actually created the earth (forget about the universe, no such thing; there's only heaven [the stars, and above that 3rd heaven where God resides on His throne], the earth, and hell beneath, and then the earth's pillars which hang upon nothing).
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Maybe the world is only 70,000 years old...

Who knows?
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Millions of Years' Unscientific Origin & Catastrophic Consequences (with Dr. Terry Mortenson)
Where did the idea of 'millions of years' come from? Dr. Terry Mortenson presents an important talk for every church because a lot of what is currently commonly accepted has an unscientific origin and has catastrophic consequences for the church.

Visit https://Answers.tv for all Answers in Genesis videos, live streaming, and much more—all in one place.

Please help us continue to share the gospel around the world: https://AnswersinGenesis.org/give

josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Maybe you guys should visit Canada or Mexico. Most of these theories seem to distract you from the happier abroad topic
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
@Neo and @MrMan, what do you think? Do you believe the Earth is only 6000 years old? What's the scientific establishment's proof that the Earth is 4 billion years old exactly? How come they never elaborate or explain it? They just state it as a fact like 2+2=4.

I've got a lot going on, so I don't always jump into conversations. I'm a creationist. I'm open to seeing 7 days as longer periods of time, but there was evening and morning each day, which is problematic for an old earth view.

As far as Old Earth Creationist views go, Hugh Ross makes some interesting points. I think his PhD is in astrophysics. I saw an episode of a program he put together in which he told about academic papers from evolutionists who tried to explain how one species suddenly dies out in the fossil layer and then another species appears. The theory claimed that species evolved quite rapidly into a new species when their existence is threatened. But he pointed out species do not do this in modern times when they are about to go exinct. His explanation was the next set of creatures were being created during a long period of epochs represented by seven days.

On the physics side of things, there is apparently a lot of evidence for creation.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Winston wrote:

I've got a lot going on, so I don't always jump into conversations. I'm a creationist. I'm open to seeing 7 days as longer periods of time, but there was evening and morning each day, which is problematic for an old earth view.
Creationist? What year is this 1820?

This is why I say Christianity makes veritable morons out of people. :roll:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:01 pm
MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:

I don't know what the answer is, but do you have a less bizarre and mystical explanation for how stuff got here than creationism?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 2:01 pm
MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:

I don't know what the answer is, but do you have a less bizarre and mystical explanation for how stuff got here than creationism?
Of course his answer is going to be: "By chance, lightning hit a pool of mud and arranged the chemicals in it to create the first cellular life. From there, natural selection and beneficial random mutations slowly evolved the cells to complex organisms like humans and animals over millions of years. Simple Darwinian Evolution. Read "Origin of the Species" by Charles Darwin. It's called SCIENCE dildo. Get educated and get out of your superstitious mumbo jumbo. Men like Richard Dawkins and Neil deGrass Tyson have all the answers. They are the authority you should listen to, because the establishment pays them to educate you and teach you SCIENCE!"

Right CE? lol

Nevermind that it's never been proven and that science is about experimentation and observation and the steps in the scientific method. Evolution is a fact. Science says so. Authority = Truth. You must accept that or you are ridiculed and crazy and uneducated and foolish. Blah blah blah. Right CE? Lol

So predictable. We heard it all before.

Btw everyone, you all should watch the 90 min documentary I posted above called "Is Genesis History?" It shows you why and how the Grand Canyon must have been formed quickly, not over millions of years by the Colorado River as they claim. And how life was designed TOP DOWN, not bottom up as Evolution theory claims. It's very compelling. It's a Christian documentary yes, but the scientists and experts in it are very credible with Ph Ds. Not bozos for sure. And the experts in it are very likable and seem like good people with good moral values, contrary to how CE views Christians. @MrMan and @Neo you will love the documentary if you haven't seen it. The scenery in it is breathtaking too.

Regardless, please watch the documentary everyone so you can all be familiar with this subject and the issues and arguments in it. Familiarize yourself with both sides of the issue please. It's also a good documentary with good people and good vibes. Here's the link again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM82qxxskZE

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Macro-evolutionists live and die by 8 words, “Give me enough time and anything can happen”. But there are over 200 proofs that Earth is young. Dr Grady McMurtry discusses 25 of these in this exciting seminar.

The “Age of the Earth” seminar pulls the proverbial evolutionary rug right out from beneath the modern day, young Earth skeptic by showing scientific evidence supporting the Biblical account of a literal six-day creation just 6,000 years ago.

Dr. Jason Lisle of the Institute of Creation Research (ICR) shows how astronomy, when properly understood without presuppositional biases, confirms what the writers of the Bible wrote long ago — specifically, that the Earth and Universe are only now around 6,000 years old.

Links to study both sides:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/101_evide ... e_universe
https://answersingenesis.org/age-of-the-earth/