Differences of Catholicism vs Christianity

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Differences of Catholicism vs Christianity

Post by Neo »

Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Differences Catholicism vs Christianity

Post by Neo »

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Call priests father, e.g., Father McKinley.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS -

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Forbidding the priesthood to marry.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS -

1) It is devilish to forbid God's people to marry when He has given marriage to be received with thanksgiving.

1 Timothy
4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

2) Peter was married (remember the pope is supposedly continuing the apostolic line through Peter).

Matthew
8:14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Mark
1:30 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.

Luke
4:38 And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her.

3) Paul, a great apostle, remained single; however he made it very clear that he could marry if he wanted to.

1 Corinthians
9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary never had other children after the Lord Jesus. A perpetual virgin.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Mary and Joseph indeed had children. They were the Lord's half brothers and sisters for their father was Joseph and mother was Mary.

Matthew
13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Mark
6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the queen of heaven.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Worshipping the queen of heaven (which is not the Mary of the Bible) is worshipping another god and it provokes the Lord to anger.

Jeremiah
7:17 Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the mother of God.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Mary is the mother of the earthly Jesus, not God. Jesus pre- existed from everlasting as God (see John 1:1). When He came to redeem mankind, He laid aside His glory and was made like unto sinful man so that He could take our punishment (Hebrew 2:9). God has no mother. He has lived from everlasting which means He had no beginning.

Isaiah
43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. [If Mary gave birth to God, she'd be God.]

Psalm
93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Micah
5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler [Jesus] in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Philippians
2:6 Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Pope called Holy Father.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - The term Holy Father is only found one time in the entire Bible. It was when Jesus prayed before He and His disciples went to the garden of Gethsemane. He referred to God the Father as Holy Father. It is blasphemy to call a man by God's name

John
17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Purgatory, nuns, popes.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - None of these is mentioned in the Bible. It is a sin to add to the Bible.

Proverbs
30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Venerating/worshipping images. Pope bows to statues of Mary, people worship the eucharist and have statues/candles in their homes and churches.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - It is idolatry to venerate images. We are not even supposed to make them.

Exodus
20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...

CATHOLIC TRADITION - The mass. Through transubstantiation, the wafer/host and the wine supposedly become the actual blood and body of Jesus Christ when the priest prays over them.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Saved, in part, by good works.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Good works are the fruits that grow out of being saved. They do not make you saved. An apple does not make its tree an apple tree, it was already an apple tree before any apples appeared. When you see the apples; however, you know what kind of tree it is. If a person is saved, he will shew forth good works because he has the spirit of Christ in him. The good works don't make him saved only the blood of Jesus can do that.

I John
1:7b ...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Acts 16:31b
...believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

Romans
3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - The church is founded on Peter.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Jesus Christ is the foundation of the church. Peter was a man like you and me. Jesus called Peter Satan in Matthew 16:23 when Peter rebuked Jesus dying. When Cornelius tried to worship Peter, Peter responded, "Stand up; I myself also am a man." (Acts 10:26). The pope needs to remember Acts 10:26 when he has men bowing to him and kissing his hand like he is worthy of worship.

1 Corinthians
3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Matthew
21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected [Jesus], the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Confessing sins to a priest. Petitioning saints and Mary.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - We are to confess our sins and needs to God alone.

I John
1:9 If we confess our sins, he [God] is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew
6:9, 12 After this manner...pray ye: Our Father... forgive us....

1 Timothy
2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [not Mary, not saints, not priests, not the pope];

I John 2:1, ...And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Catholicism is the original Christianity. It later split into Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy which are BOTH legitimate variations of Christianity.

Protestantism is the FAKE spin-off of Roman Catholicism that is especially adept at brainwashing people into false beliefs, doctrines, and dogmas.

If you are a fake Christian (Protestant wackjobs), best to keep your crazy beliefs to yourself lest you be seen as the demonic, bigoted, judgmental, evildoers you are.

I am not religious, but I respect Catholicism for the job its institutions did in educating me to prosperity and freethinking. But Protestantism is just plain, old theological feces.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

There is no question that the Catholic Church is presenting the original Christianity.

Something which calls itself Protestant or whatever, Mormons, Jehovah, Science of Happiness, etc. etc. are somehow Christians as they still consider the Bible as guideline, however with some convenient modification which often fits a certain guy or grrl (the founder) who is claiming to be inspired by God or such BS-talk.

I am anyway an atheist, I don't care. I left Catholic Church 50 years ago. Other religions are not interesting for me too. I consider all of them to be nothing else but made-up stories by humans.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 11:03 pm
I am not religious, but I respect Catholicism for the job its institutions did in educating me to prosperity and freethinking. But Protestantism is just plain, old theological feces.
But Protestants founded the country that gave you so much gibs. Protestantism has it's issues, but there must have been something going for it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 12:21 am
But Protestants founded the country that gave you so much gibs. Protestantism has it's issues, but there must have been something going for it.
Huh? The influence of Protestantism gave rise to slavery and segregation in America. It had to be beaten back by Quakers and secular people so your thinking is way off. I happen to think that Protestantism has always been a mental hindrance to poor people getting ahead and it always has been that way in my country.

It was only when CATHOLIC schools began opening up in the major cities that a new, huge class of black professionals emerged. In fact, you'll find that a huge proportion of wealthy and educated blacks are either Catholic by faith or they were educated in Catholic schools. Conversely, poor ghetto-dwelling blacks, who are the most dysfunctional and violent, are overwhelmingly Protestant by faith.

I would be willing to bet that someone like you with your views, frustrations, and seething resentments is a Protestant of some sort. You might want to reflect on that and determine if your Protestant-thinking contributed to your remaining unhappy, unfulfilled, unhealthy, and just plain broke. I'd say there is a connection....
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Anyhow, for those who are actually interested in Christianity, the differences are clear. Christianity is about faith in Christ for salvation, and then the keeping of His commandments. Catholicism is about the priest who is called 'Father', which is against the commandment of Christ; the veneration and worship of Mary as the 'Mother of God' (the Queen of Heaven from Jeremiah, which is just how far back this deception goes), and as the intermediator between God and men, when the Bible says that Christ is the mediator between God and men; the bowing down to or kissing or even possession of statues; prayers to the dead as if they are God, and much much more, none of which is Christian but pagan and idolatry.

Roman Catholicism is not Christianity. It just has a Christian veneer. It is Roman paganism that was melded with Christianity to make a new hybrid form of heresy.

Also, in Catholicism, salvation comes by keeping sacraments, which similar to the Oral Tradition of the Rabbis, is nothing but the Traditions of men, rather than God's commandments (sacraments for salvation such as baptism, eucharist, church attendance, matrimony, last rites, etc). Whereas in Christianity, salvation is simply by believing that Christ died for ALL of our sins.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 7:54 am
Roman Catholicism is not Christianity. It just has a Christian veneer.
And where do you think Protestantism came from dumbass? It just appeared out of thin air?

You’re not at all a true Christian. You’re a false prophet and an earthly demon spreading lies.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Also, as we already know, salvation is by faith alone, not by works:
Romans9
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Salvation by works is self-justification, which doesn't count in the eyes of God. Placing our trust in Christ for salvation is what counts for righteousness.

Also, true Christianity was never part of Catholicism and has not sprung out of it. And it always amazes me how Catholics and non-Christians are so certain that all Christianity is the same as Catholicism, when if anyone takes the smallest glance this can be proven false. But it is their soul, not mine.

Protestantism more or less equals Catholicism which is true, but there is a Christianity which never had anything to do with it, and therefore never came out of it, but this kind of Christianity is visible to most people who genuinely desire righteousness.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Hinduism in Light of the Bible

Buddhism in Light of the Bible

Jehovah's ''Witnesses'' Are NOT Christian - Watchtower Lies Exposed

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Seventh Day Adventist more things exposed

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Neo wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Very interesting videos!!!!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

July 21st, 2020, 12:42 am
Cornfed wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 12:21 am
Huh? The influence of Protestantism gave rise to slavery and segregation in America. It had to be beaten back by Quakers and secular people so your thinking is way off.
Protestants gave rise to everything in America, good and bad, because America was a Protestant project. Obviously Quakers are a type of Protestant and the secular people you are talking about mostly came from Protestant families, at least if you are talking pre 20th century.
It was only when CATHOLIC schools began opening up in the major cities that a new, huge class of black professionals emerged. In fact, you'll find that a huge proportion of wealthy and educated blacks are either Catholic by faith or they were educated in Catholic schools.
I knew it was the Catholics. Even when it was the bears, I knew it was the Catholics.
I would be willing to bet that someone like you with your views, frustrations, and seething resentments is a Protestant of some sort.

I’m not sure how seriously I take any particular denomination, but yes, it was Presbyterianism that came down to my family. This was odd, because on a couple of occasions Presbyterian Scots-Irish male ancestors of mine married Catholic females, and most of the time it is the female religion that gets passed to the next generation. My male ancestors evidently kept their pimp hand strong, so good for them. Obviously the modern Presbyterian Church is completely cucked, just like the modern Catholic Church.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 9:50 pm
Obviously Quakers are a type of Protestant and the secular people you are talking about mostly came from Protestant families, at least if you are talking pre 20th century.

You know, when 99% of someone's assertions are inaccurate or just plain factually wrong, wasting time correcting them is fruitless. Personally, I think your lack of education and logical thinking skills came together to make you so idiotic. You very well might be the single most dimwitted individual I have encountered in life.

No, the Quakers distanced themselves from the Protestants.

Many Quakers prior to the 20th century considered the Religious Society of Friends to be a Christian movement, but did not feel that their religious faith fit within the categories of Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant.[140]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers#R ... and_faiths

So be careful branding things so obvious when they are incorrect. Makes me wonder why it never dawns on you that your life absolutely sucks because you do overall.
Cornfed wrote: I’m not sure how seriously I take any particular denomination, but yes, it was Presbyterianism that came down to my family. This was odd, because on a couple of occasions Presbyterian Scots-Irish male ancestors of mine married Catholic females, and most of the time it is the female religion that gets passed to the next generation. My male ancestors evidently kept their pimp hand strong, so good for them. Obviously the modern Presbyterian Church is completely cucked, just like the modern Catholic Church.
Any organization that molded and shaped you in anyway is a failure and should be destroyed lest they pollute the world with more arrogant imbeciles, the deadliest of combinations known to man.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

July 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm
No, the Quakers distanced themselves from the Protestants.

Many Quakers prior to the 20th century considered the Religious Society of Friends to be a Christian movement, but did not feel that their religious faith fit within the categories of Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant.[140]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers#R ... and_faiths

So be careful branding things so obvious when they are incorrect.
Obviously we don't generally allow people to self-define. It is like you are buying into the whole trans thing. Quakers may not have wanted to get sucked into any conflict and therefore not wanted the Protestant label attached to them, but clearly they were an English Christian movement that broke away from the Catholic Church, and even what was once called the Anglo-Catholic (Anglican or Episcopalian) Church would fit the standard definition of Protestant.