Does God Exist? Is there any proof or evidence?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does God Exist? Is there any proof or evidence?

Post by Winston »

Proof from NDE's. An atheist woman has an NDE that led her to belief in God.

Amazing story of atheist science teacher who made an amazing discovery...

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you atheists claiming that you also don't believe in a higher power or spirit world or other dimensions either? Are you 100 percent sure about that? Or less? There are atheists who say they don't believe in God but do believe in a higher power, whatever that means. Are you guys one of them?

What about spirit worlds and other dimensions? Why or why not? What about the countless stories of ghosts and spirits and hauntings and scary ouijia board stories? They cannot all be 100 percent wrong or mistaken right? Even credible people have them and swear by them. They will usually something like "If I didn't see it myself, I would never have believed it either."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Problems With Atheists and Atheism

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 1:45 am
MrMan wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 9:28 pm
You'd be hard pressed to find someone whose religion teaches that no one ever gets sick and dies.
But you did not answer the question. Why do you not view the woman's prayer's going unanswered as evidence that god might NOT exist. Again, you pick and choose the few examples of where there was a favorable outcome for the person praying and hold it up as "evidence." Yet, you ignore the more numerous unanswered prayers then come up with some ridiculously lame excuse like, "You'd be hard pressed to find someone whose religion teaches that no one ever gets sick and dies." Selective "evidence" if I ever saw it!
Because your argument makes no sense. If ten people call your house and you answer the phone once, the person who gets you on the line has definitive proof that someone is on the other end of the line. Does it make sense to say that you might exist because you only occasionally pick up for people who call you?

I am not saying that that is God's attitude, but in the Bible there are certain conditions under which we should not expect God to answer a prayer--prayers that violate His revealed will, prayers not prayed in faith, etc.
And that coincidence is your proof that god exists? Please tell me you are trolling because you cannot be that stupid. And the fact that you think god felt providing $400 to you was more important than answering prayers of parents to save their children from agonizing cancer death is narcissistically insane.
It wasn't my argument either.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:44 pm
MrMan wrote:
You'd be hard pressed to find someone whose religion teaches that no one ever gets sick and dies.
But you did not answer the question. Why do you not view the woman's prayer's going unanswered as evidence that god might NOT exist. Again, you pick and choose the few examples of where there was a favorable outcome for the person praying and hold it up as "evidence." Yet, you ignore the more numerous unanswered prayers then come up with some ridiculously lame excuse like, "You'd be hard pressed to find someone whose religion teaches that no one ever gets sick and dies." Selective "evidence" if I ever saw it!
Because your argument makes no sense. If ten people call your house and you answer the phone once, the person who gets you on the line has definitive proof that someone is on the other end of the line. Does it make sense to say that you might exist because you only occasionally pick up for people who call you?

I am not saying that that is God's attitude, but in the Bible there are certain conditions under which we should not expect God to answer a prayer--prayers that violate His revealed will, prayers not prayed in faith, etc.
And that coincidence is your proof that god exists? Please tell me you are trolling because you cannot be that stupid. And the fact that you think god felt providing $400 to you was more important than answering prayers of parents to save their children from agonizing cancer death is narcissistically insane.
Because you don't HAVE an argument. Christians never do. All they actually do is attribute things to the whims of "god's will" or to some incoherent mumbo jumbo about how god works in mysterious ways.

That is typical Christian gaslighting and manipulation.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

November 20th, 2020, 7:19 pm
MrMan wrote:
MrMan wrote:

Because you don't HAVE an argument. Christians never do. All they actually do is attribute things to the whims of "god's will" or to some incoherent mumbo jumbo about how god works in mysterious ways.

To give you another example: Suppose you applied for a grant or scholarship and you got denied, but I applied and got approved? Does that mean the grant or scholarship doesn't exist? Lol

You never answered my other question: Btw, regarding MrMan's prayer for $400, what if he had prayed for $435.25 and got exactly that amount the next day? Would that too be "just a coincidence" to you? LOL. ROTFL! When does coincidence end? Where do you draw the line? It just applies to everything you don't wanna believe? LOL

Dude, it's obvious what your issue is. You are ANGRY at God and hateful toward the universe for letting something bad happen to you, whatever it was. When you look deeper behind the atheists' motivation, that's what you usually find. See the movie "Red Lights" starrring Sigourney Weaver as an example.

But CE, dude, with your hateful attitude toward God, why would he wanna answer your prayer? If I were God, I wouldn't wanna answer your prayer either. I'd only listen to people with a good sincere heart and a humble childlike attitude, like Laura Engels from "Little House on the Prairie". Not hateful people like you.

Let me let you in on a secret. Most of the time, a prayer will be granted, if the following conditions are met:

1. The request does not involve God having to bend the laws of physics or upsetting the balance of things. If he can, he prefers to do things within the natural order of things and not violate the laws of time and space.
2. The request does not involve asking for something you don't deserve or didn't earn, like a ferrari or a million bucks.
3. The request is something that is wholesome and good for you and beneficial. Something that a good selfless person might ask.
4. The prayer comes from a sincere good heart with a childlike attitude, kind of like the Laura Engels character in "Little House on the Prairie".

When my prayer has fit all the above, it usually has gotten answered, yes, often by a shifting of circumstances that are too precise to be coincidence, yet allow the prayer to be granted. I'm sure Neo and MrMan have experienced similarly.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:49 am
MrMan wrote:
MrMan wrote:

To give you another example: Suppose you applied for a grant or scholarship and you got denied, but I applied and got approved? Does that mean the grant or scholarship doesn't exist? Lol

You never answered my other question: Btw, regarding MrMan's prayer for $400, what if he had prayed for $435.25 and got exactly that amount the next day? Would that too be "just a coincidence" to you? LOL. ROTFL! When does coincidence end? Where do you draw the line? It just applies to everything you don't wanna believe? LOL

Dude, it's obvious what your issue is. You are ANGRY at God and hateful toward the universe for letting something bad happen to you, whatever it was. When you look deeper behind the atheists' motivation, that's what you usually find. See the movie "Red Lights" starrring Sigourney Weaver as an example.

But CE, dude, with your hateful attitude toward God, why would he wanna answer your prayer? If I were God, I wouldn't wanna answer your prayer either. I'd only listen to people with a good sincere heart and a humble childlike attitude, like Laura Engels from "Little House on the Prairie". Not hateful people like you.

Let me let you in on a secret. Most of the time, a prayer will be granted, if the following conditions are met:

1. The request does not involve God having to bend the laws of physics or upsetting the balance of things. If he can, he prefers to do things within the natural order of things and not violate the laws of time and space.
2. The request does not involve asking for something you don't deserve or didn't earn, like a ferrari or a million bucks.
3. The request is something that is wholesome and good for you and beneficial. Something that a good selfless person might ask.
4. The prayer comes from a sincere good heart with a childlike attitude, kind of like the Laura Engels character in "Little House on the Prairie".

When my prayer has fit all the above, it usually has gotten answered, yes, often by a shifting of circumstances that are too precise to be coincidence, yet allow the prayer to be granted. I'm sure Neo and MrMan have experienced similarly.
You wrote all that gaslighting nonsense simply you are STILL not able to prove the existence of god? Wow, just wow.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrMan wrote:
MrMan wrote:

It seems to me like you would dismiss any evidence like that presented to you without considering it. Do you believe there is a God? Do you have any religious beliefs?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 5:26 pm
MrMan wrote:
MrMan wrote:

It seems to me like you would dismiss any evidence like that presented to you without considering it. Do you believe there is a God? Do you have any religious beliefs?
You, nor any other person, has any "evidence" that god exists so cut the crap. Whether I believe in god or not, it does not matter. The fact is that you can't establish that god exists beyond the fact that you have been TOLD that he exists and that you have simply ACCEPTED that he exists like a mindless NPC.

This is the great flaw of your thinking.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

November 29th, 2020, 6:14 pm
(to Mr. Man)
You, nor any other person, has any "evidence" that god exists so cut the crap. Whether I believe in god or not, it does not matter. The fact is that you can't establish that god exists beyond the fact that you have been TOLD that he exists and that you have simply ACCEPTED that he exists like a mindless NPC. This is the great flaw of your thinking.
True, there is no proof at all that a God does exist.

Religion is about 'to believe something' - that's all.

We have to accept the fact that many religions disappeared over the time, look at Egypt, Greece, Roman Empire....and new religions were created.

A Catholic priest told me a long while ago, even a Catholic can 'only believe' - 'up to a mathematical probability' that God does exist.

It is interesting to see that religious people have often hateful disputes among themselves - even fighting wars against other religious people only because they come to completely different conclusions with their religious thinking.

Religious people cannot agree even among themselves what is the 'right' God and what is the 'wrong' God.
Everybody claims some different 'faith' - totally unable to unify...excluding themselves in case of marriage, even insist on separate cemeteries.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yohan wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 7:31 pm
It is interesting to see that religious people have often hateful disputes among themselves - even fighting wars against other religious people only because they come to completely different conclusions with their religious thinking.
And they have the nerve to think themselves “moral” or holy while engaging in such conflict. Truly delusional.

The most religious people on this forum are the most wicked and toxic. I like to think I play a role in exposing that.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 3:40 am
Proof from NDE's. An atheist woman has an NDE that led her to belief in God.

This is your “proof?” What I see is a woman CLAIMING to have been an atheist and claiming to have had an NDE all to make people like you think that god exists.

I wonder how much her speaking tour and book writing about it earn her per year.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

November 21st, 2020, 7:34 am
You wrote all that gaslighting nonsense simply you are STILL not able to prove the existence of god? Wow, just wow.
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.” - Socrates
Let me say before religious bigots attack atheism, they should better work hard to clean up their differences among religious followers.

If there is no 'afterlife', the question if a God does exist or not is irrelevant for humans as there is no difference if a religious bigot or an atheist dies.

The only way to know if an 'afterlife' exists is to die - but so far nobody who died ever came back after the body was destroyed by cremation or in a grave.

There is no message coming in from anybody who is dead.

Nobody can prove an afterlife, nobody can prove that a God does exist....

Some religions are even aware of that and agree somehow with me:

Buddhism does not offer you a 'monotheist god' - it even does not talk about the possibility of any 'God' to exist, but Buddhism thinks more likely about a chance of 'rebirth on earth'.

Catholics often mention 'one god, but also a 'Holy Trinity' - no idea what this should be.
Islam reject that suggestion to be created by infidels (Christians) despite the quran contains a lot from the bible

Jehovah's Witnesses think, this is all wrong and jesus is not a god, but teach a soul can 'die forever'....

Personally I hope there is no afterlife, there are a lot of people I do not want to meet again in the 'other world' after my death.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Someone has risen from the dead and has spoken after that to living people. His name is Jesus Christ.

Luke chapter 16 talks of a dead rich man speaking from hell to Abraham in heaven (surely an unbelievable story to unbelievers). The man in hell requests that a man be risen from the dead to be sent to his living brothers, so that they will repent, in order that they can avoid the eternal torment of hell.

However, father Abraham replies to him, that if they don't believe the books of Moses or the books of the prophets, that even if a person rises from the dead, those unbelievers still will not be persuaded.

So really a person doesn't need to personally witness a man rise from the dead. The Bible has as much power to convert a person if not more than personally witnessing a human being rise again.

Also people don't need proof of God's existence. As Romans chapter one states, God has already shown His eternal power to them. And He says that they are without an excuse.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 2:05 am
Someone has risen from the dead and has spoken after that to living people. His name is Jesus Christ.
The Bible has as much power to convert a person if not more than personally witnessing a human being rise again.

Also people don't need proof of God's existence.
Do you have any other source except the Bible? Any other reference except any Christian source?

Not even the most moderate Muslim people believe what you write.... and the Ahmadiyya Muslims are pretty close to the Bible, so close that they are outlawed in Pakistan, and in various other Muslim countries not considered to be Muslims.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Ahmadiyya_Islam

The Ahmadiyya consider Jesus was a prophet and a mortal man, who was crucified and remained on the cross for six hours, until darkness fell.

Jesus was taken down from the cross alive and unconscious. He was treated for three days and nights by saint physician Necdemus in a cave like tomb, especially built for Joseph of Arimathea.

Thereafter, Jesus recuperated from his wounds, met his trusted disciples on the Mount of Olives, and left Judea towards the sea of Galilee on his way to Damascus.

After his dramatic escape from crucifixion, Jesus traveled to the eastern lands in search of the ten lost tribes of Israel. Finally, he died a natural death in Kashmir, India, as opposed to having been raised up alive to Heaven.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 2:05 am
People don't need proof of God's existence. As Romans chapter one states, God has already shown His eternal power to them. And He says that they are without an excuse.
Such brainwashed nonsense :lol:

And the insanity continues......