Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm
MrMan wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 10:57 pm
@Neo and @MrMan,
Just wondering, if your baby suddenly died, would it damage your faith? How would u deal with it or make sense out of it? Would u be angry at God for a while and blame him? How have u dealt with such tragedies and misfortunes in the past?
I would like to think not. I've faced hardship before along those lines.

This is also a very emotion-based way of looking at things. We all have emotions, but facing hardship, from a logical perspective, isn't any kind of argument against the existence of God.

It is not like the Bible teaches there will be no hardship or suffering in life for those who follow God.
Can you read MrMoron? The thread questions what kind of god would ALLOW this, not if there exists a god.

Thanks for proving that you Christians cannot muster an answer to the question. Brainwashed people dance around these questions and prove themselves to be fools.
Well then logically the answer is:

1. A God who doesn't care.

2. A God you can't understand.

3. A God who can't do anything about it.

4. A God who is not aware that such things happen.
Really? One minute you "Christians" prance around and say that god is omnipotent, then the minute something bad happens, they claim he is deaf, dumb, and blind! You people are sick.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I never said God was omnipotent. A creator or architect doesnt have to be omnipotent. Thats what Christians want to believe. I just gave u some logical possibilities.

I told u im not a staunch Christian. Im more like a universalist, the kind u find in interfaith.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CE,
What u don't understand is that even if God or our Creator were a bastard and responsible for all the bad things in this world, that still doesnt mean or prove that we are all an accident created by random forces or unguided processes, and that life emerged from non-life -- all of which is impossible. Do you understand? So even if you are right about God being bad or negligent, that still doesn't prove Atheism. Do you understand my point?

That's like saying that because you don't like Obama's policies or don't think he is a good president, that therefore he doesn't exist. You see how dumb and bad that type of Atheist logic is?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 12:24 am
CE,
What u don't understand is that even if God or our Creator were a bastard and responsible for all the bad things in this world, that still doesnt mean or prove that we are all an accident created by random forces or unguided processes, and that life emerged from non-life -- all of which is impossible. Do you understand? So even if you are right about God being bad or negligent, that still doesn't prove Atheism. Do you understand my point?

That's like saying that because you don't like Obama's policies or don't think he is a good president, that therefore he doesn't exist. You see how dumb and bad that type of Atheist logic is?
Dude, your brain is absolute MUSH. Do you realize that? You are constantly trying to make this into an atheist argument and I am not even atheist you dope.

So no, I don't get your point.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

December 13th, 2020, 1:10 am
Winston wrote:
CE,

Dude, your brain is absolute MUSH. Do you realize that? You are constantly trying to make this into an atheist argument and I am not even atheist you dope.

Since you refuse to explain what you believe and dodge questions about it, that's purely YOUR fault man. You talk like an atheist, not theist, so it's rightful to put you in that category. Are you claiming God exists or not? And why?

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 2:39 am
December 13th, 2020, 1:10 am
Winston wrote:
CE,

Since you refuse to explain what you believe and dodge questions about it, that's purely YOUR fault man. You talk like an atheist, not theist, so it's rightful to put you in that category. Are you claiming God exists or not? And why?
For all of your claims about being intellectual and freethinking, this past year has shown me that you are anything but.

You are small-minded and ignorant if you think I talk like an atheist. I simply asked you to prove that god exists, and you twisted yourself into a pretzel, danced all around, tried to rely on the ridiculous Intelligent Design argument, and you STILL could not come close to doing so.

Should I say that since you debate like a moron that I should rightfully put you in that category?

I don't have a position on whether god exists or not. What I do believe is that it cannot be proven. Now if that makes me an atheist in your mind, you are truly a dope of major stupidity indeed!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

December 13th, 2020, 2:56 am
... I simply asked you to prove that god exists, and you twisted yourself into a pretzel, danced all around, tried to rely on the ridiculous Intelligent Design argument, and you STILL could not come close to doing so.
I don't have a position on whether god exists or not. What I do believe is that it cannot be proven...
I think a god does not exist, however it is irrelevant if god exists or not, because what will it change in my human life on earth?

The existence of a god is only interesting if there is an afterlife after death. However so far there is no proof of any form of an afterlife after a person dies...

It's very strange that believers cannot find even a conclusion among themselves. They quarrel among each other whose religion is the right one, accusing others to be infidels.

Religious bigots are not even able to find the truth themselves. Talk to Christians of different cults and they tell you something different, talk to Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists etc. - they all tell you something different - something they got from some old books...

Before approaching atheists or others who doubt if you can prove what you say, better first of all clean up your religious drivel and differences in a peaceful way among believers who firmly trust in god and afterlife....