Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

For all you Christian nutjobs and lunatics that love to proselytize and annoy people here, what is your Christian explanation for this? And please spare us the mumbo jumbo about god working in mysterious ways. Your biblical rhetoric is nonsensical when things like this happen.

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Christian Members: What Kind Of “God” Would Allow This?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

God is pretty much just a major dick, man. Even the whole "I am a jealous God!" spiel in the Old Testament is painful to read for any mature adult. Basically gives the Lord the personality of one of those 'Mean Girls' high school stereotypes. Like dude, you're almight and powerful, why are you jealous? Of a Golden Calf statue? My goodness, how pathetic. You're supposed to be all-powerful and omnipotent, not have all these petty human emotions and feelings, lol.

I was once Christian, too. Until I studied the Bible a little bit deeper, and my beliefs quickly faded. Not to mention those insane Evangelical churches that give a 10% "tithe" to their corrupt leaderships so that their bosses can fly around in f***ing private jets... because that's oh-so important and necessary, apparantly. Nah, the appeal of it beats me. I go to Catholic Church with my Filipino family and am friends with the priests, a lot of them are good fellows who mean well. But actually BELIEVE that drivel? No way, José. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:45 am
God is pretty much just a major dick, man. Even the whole "I am a jealous God!" spiel in the Old Testament is painful to read for any mature adult. Basically gives the Lord the personality of one of those 'Mean Girls' high school stereotypes. Like dude, you're almight and powerful, why are you jealous? Of a Golden Calf statue? My goodness, how pathetic. You're supposed to be all-powerful and omnipotent, not have all these petty human emotions and feelings, lol.

I was once Christian, too. Until I studied the Bible a little bit deeper, and my beliefs quickly faded. Not to mention those insane Evangelical churches that give a 10% "tithe" to their corrupt leaderships so that their bosses can fly around in f***ing private jets... because that's oh-so important and necessary, apparantly. Nah, the appeal of it beats me. I go to Catholic Church with my Filipino family and am friends with the priests, a lot of them are good fellows who mean well. But actually BELIEVE that drivel? No way, José. :lol:
I never believed it despite the attempts of my parents and other adults to convince me otherwise.

Christianity is one giant cope for maniacs, closeted psychopaths, and low-IQ people.

I can’t wait to see them put that mother’s experience into “Christian” context. And she was a churchgoing Christian herself!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:15 am
For all you Christian nutjobs and lunatics that love to proselytize and annoy people here, what is your Christian explanation for this? And please spare us the mumbo jumbo about god working in mysterious ways. Your biblical rhetoric is nonsensical when things like this happen.
I am not Christian, I follow the Old Testament. The god of the Old Testament wipes out scum like you, but does it slowly which is why you are alive. It takes several generations before the scum get slaughtered. This woman doesn't look like high quality genetic material, so the death of one of her offspring is no loss. Unfortunately she will probably have others.

I consider the Covid vaccine to be God's first gift to modern humanity since it will wipe out millions of morons. After that there will be societal collapse and mass starvation resulting the deaths of many more morons. I have faith in God to eventually deliver the slaughter that today's moronic scum deserve.

God of vengeance, Yehovah, god of vengeance, show yourself. Rise up, judge of the earth, repay the proud. How long will the wicked, Yehovah, how long will the wicked rejoice and spout arrogance? All the doers of evil crush your people, Yehovah, and defile your inheritance. Blessed is the man who you instruct, Yehovah, and who learns from your teaching to be calm during evil times until a pit is dug for the wicked. Because Yehovah will not abandon his people and will not leave his inheritance. Therefore righteousness will return from judgement, and all those of right mind will follow it. Will a destructive government that makes trouble by law be joined to you? They band together against righteous souls and condemn innocent blood. But Yehovah is my stronghold and my god is the rock of my refuge. And he will bring on them their wickedness, and for their evil he will destroy them, Yehovah, our god, will destroy them.
-- Psalm 94:1-5,12-15,20-23 my translation
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

fschmidt wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 9:46 am
December 11th, 2020, 7:15 am
I am not Christian, I follow the Old Testament. The god of the Old Testament wipes out scum like you, but does it slowly which is why you are alive. It takes several generations before the scum get slaughtered. This woman doesn't look like high quality genetic material, so the death of one of her offspring is no loss. Unfortunately she will probably have others.

I consider the Covid vaccine to be God's first gift to modern humanity since it will wipe out millions of morons. After that there will be societal collapse and mass starvation resulting the deaths of many more morons. I have faith in God to eventually deliver the slaughter that today's moronic scum deserve.

God of vengeance, Yehovah, god of vengeance, show yourself. Rise up, judge of the earth, repay the proud. How long will the wicked, Yehovah, how long will the wicked rejoice and spout arrogance? All the doers of evil crush your people, Yehovah, and defile your inheritance. Blessed is the man who you instruct, Yehovah, and who learns from your teaching to be calm during evil times until a pit is dug for the wicked. Because Yehovah will not abandon his people and will not leave his inheritance. Therefore righteousness will return from judgement, and all those of right mind will follow it. Will a destructive government that makes trouble by law be joined to you? They band together against righteous souls and condemn innocent blood. But Yehovah is my stronghold and my god is the rock of my refuge. And he will bring on them their wickedness, and for their evil he will destroy them, Yehovah, our god, will destroy them.
-- Psalm 94:1-5,12-15,20-23 my translation
Every time you refer to others here as scum and morons, you make it obvious that you are referring to yourself but simply trying to hide it by projecting it onto others.

I could only speculate about what events in you life led you to this state of mind, but I am certain that the “wiping out” you speak of is of yourself as well.

Get some professional help and try to make some friends.

And since you mentioned the mother’s genetic profile, I have seen your photo. It is available on the internet. I can therefore tell you with 100% certainty that you are not high quality genetic material physically, mentally, or otherwise. So under your pattern of thought, you would be the first to be wiped out as unfit.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on December 11th, 2020, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CE,
Dude, um:

1. God is not your servant or security guard. He doesn't owe you or that lady 24/7 protection like a body guard. Why should he? Maybe he has better things to do? If you had a good heart and inner light and inner truth and you had God in your heart, then yes you may get more protection from God or angels. But you aren't. So maybe you don't qualify for divine protection? If I were God and you hated me, I wouldn't feel inclined to protect you either.

2. This is a fallen world and dualistic world. This means there must be some evil with the good, and some bad with the good. Otherwise this physical plane would implode. There has to be some equilibrium. There can't be a left without a right or up without a down. Everything has to be in balance between opposites. Look at the Ying Yang symbol. The Adam and Eve story is most likely metaphorical. Either way, we are here because we came to experience the dualistic world of pleasure and pain to see what it's like and to experience being alive. That choice comes with good benefits and negative consequences too. Everything in existence is a double edged sword. Somehow we chose to experience that. That's the meaning of the Garden of Eden story I think.

3. A Hindu or Buddhist would tell you that it may be karma. The victim may have done something bad in a past life. There are many compelling reincarnation cases if you look them up. So yes this is a possible explanation, whether you like it or not.

4. This world isn't perfect. Most likely God is not perfect either. A creator doesn't mean he has to be perfect. Do you think the creators of SIMS or Grand Theft Auto are perfect? Are all architects and designers perfect? No. Imperfections mean sometimes these things happen.

5. Not every victim is innocent. Why do you assume so? Most people like fschmidt said, are greedy selfish bastards. It's a fallacy to assume all victims are good innocent people. You don't know that.

6. God may protect some people like George Washington or Andrew Jackson because they were virtuous and had a higher mission to complete. But not everyone is special. Some just work and consume and live to make money and survive only. Those people are more expendable. Sorry we are not all equal or special. There's zero evidence of equality and countless infinite evidence of inequality. This is a world of inequality. There is zero equality. I know some Bible verses suggest that God treats everyone fairly and loves everyone equally, but many other Bible verses say the opposite. You can choose which you want to believe, but use your common sense. There is zero evidence of fairness or equality or equal love from God or anyone else. No one loves everyone equally, so why would God?

7. Free will means some people will choose bad things or wrong things and therefore will harm some others. Without free will, there's no point to existence. It's priceless. But it has a cost and downside, like everything else.

8. God may have totally different standards of justice and fairness than you do. If a deity is on a higher plane of existence, then you cannot understand his reasons, any more than an insect can understand calculus or rocket science. Keep that in mind.

Many Christian authors have addressed these questions in books. I posted a list of them here:

viewtopic.php?p=345219#p345219

@Neo and @MrMan what's your take?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 11:23 am
CE,
Dude, um:

1. God is not your servant or security guard. He doesn't owe you or that lady 24/7 protection like a body guard. Why should he? Maybe he has better things to do? If you had a good heart and inner light and inner truth and you had God in your heart, then yes you may get more protection from God or angels. But you aren't. So maybe you don't qualify for divine protection? If I were God and you hated me, I wouldn't feel inclined to protect you either.
This is your explanation for a churchgoing mother who loses her child without any warning or apparent reason?

Sorry, but that is among the most pathetic explanations you could have ever come up with but I am glad you wrote it because it exposes Christianity for what it is, malarkey.

It just shows how utterly stupid Christianity makes people.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also CE. Just because God let something bad happen or is a prick or is negligent, that doesn't prove that he doesn't exist. If your father was negligent or an asshole, does that mean he never existed and you came out of a pool of mud by random chemicals mixing together? lol

Just because evil exists and God doesn't have the same ideas on fairness and justice that you do or his definition of justice is not understandable to you, doesn't mean life evolved from random forces and unguided natural processes. There's still an inescapable law that life must ALWAYS come from life, never from non-life, and information ALWAYS comes from an intelligent source. There's no way around this.

You gotta remember that if a deity is on a higher plane of existence than you, then you can never understand his thoughts or reasons, anymore than an insect can understand calculus. Keep that in mind. It's something you should consider.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm
Also CE. Just because God let something bad happen or is a prick or is negligent, that doesn't prove that he doesn't exist. If your father was negligent or an asshole, does that mean he never existed and you came out of a pool of mud by random chemicals mixing together? lol

Just because evil exists and God doesn't have the same ideas on fairness and justice that you do or his definition of justice is not understandable to you, doesn't mean life evolved from random forces and unguided natural processes. There's still an inescapable law that life must ALWAYS come from life, never from non-life, and information ALWAYS comes from an intelligent source. There's no way around this.

You gotta remember that if a deity is on a higher plane of existence than you, then you can never understand his thoughts or reasons, anymore than an insect can understand calculus. Keep that in mind. It's something you should consider.
You ignored my question yet again, so I ask again. What kind of god would allow this to happen?

I don’t expect you to have a good answer because there is no good answer!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:45 am

God's jealousy is similar to that when a woman is committing adultery against her husband. There's no doubt about a husband being jealousy over some other man having sex with his wife. Of course He gets furious, but instead of a woman cheating on her husband, it's because humanity chooses to worship false gods and other things that are NOT God. If a person is going to worship something as God, He just wants it to be Him and not some inanimate object.

That golden calf didn't create the world, humanity and everything else. That golden calf is the creation of man. God created man, but idolaters create their own gods with their own hands, which is a thing God hates vehemently.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

December 11th, 2020, 12:17 pm
Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm

You ignored my question yet again, so I ask again. What kind of god would allow this to happen?

I don’t expect you to have a good answer because there is no good answer!
1. A God you can't understand who has reasons you can't understand.

2. A God who doesn't care and has better things to do.

3. A God who is not perfect and can't save everyone.

4. A God who doesn't have the power to correct everything.

Let me ask you something. There are many cells in your body that die everyday. Can you save them all from dying? No right? So why do you think God can? Suppose God is pantheistic and is the universe, so God is the universe and the universe is an organism. Then the universe cannot prevent everyone from dying too, neither can you prevent the cells in your body from dying and being reborn. That analogy may help your limited mind.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

God has His reasons for the things He does. Just read the story of king David for one such example. I know that this borders on the explanation that says, "God works in mysterious ways," but it's true, and He doesn't give us all the reasons why He does all that He does. He just expects us to do what's right.

There is a Bible verse in Isaiah that describes how much higher God's ways are compared to man's ways, and that is in comparison to how high the heaven is above the earth is how much higher God's ways are than man's ways.

Also, keep in mind, it might be better to go straight to heaven than having to endure this world and its trials, although many people love this world. This world isn't the final destination. This world is a trial in itself. There is another world that God is going to make after all is done with this world.

A baby is fortunate in that he or she hasn't had a chance to sin or do any wrong.

Death is a sad thing for loved ones (and for the people who are going to hell), but it is not a sad thing for the person going to heaven, because as king Solomon said, the day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth. And as long as a person has escaped hell, that is a victory.

Death is a part of life. Every person will die, even Christians. It's just a matter of how and when.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:51 pm
God has His reasons for the things He does.
COMPLETELY predictable response from a weak Christian mind. Christianity will excuse every evil in the world so long as they can attribute it to the cruel and mysterious "gods will."

These people should be truly ashamed!
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on December 11th, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:44 pm
1. A God you can't understand who has reasons you can't understand.

2. A God who doesn't care and has better things to do.

3. A God who is not perfect and can't save everyone.

4. A God who doesn't have the power to correct everything.
And would you say such stupidly dismissive and heartless things if you picked up your child only to find that he is stiff because he had died in his sleep?

COMPLETELY predictable response from a weak Christian mind. Christianity will excuse every evil in the world so long as they can attribute it to the cruel and mysterious "gods will."

These people should be truly ashamed!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster