Simple questions Christians have never answered that make them look silly and absurd!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Simple questions Christians have never answered that make them look silly and absurd!

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 8:50 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 8:38 am
Also Yahweh was absent when Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent. Where was he?
If we are taking Yahweh to be the creator God, then the physical manifestation of him in the OT would presumably be humanoid incarnations in the manner of Jesus. They were presumably somewhere else in the same way any anyone can be somewhere else.
Isn't Yahweh supposed to be everywhere? How can something that is everywhere not be somewhere at a certain point? It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Simple questions Christians have never answered that make them look silly and absurd!

Post by Cornfed »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 8:55 am
Isn't Yahweh supposed to be everywhere? How can something that is everywhere not be somewhere at a certain point? It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
You could imagine something like a screenwriter writing himself as a character into his own movie. The screenwriter stands outside the timeline of the movie. His character is where he is placed within the movie. You wouldn't expect wrapping your head around such concepts to be easy.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2022, 1:35 am
Simple questions Christians have never answered that make them look silly and absurd!

Dear all Christians:

I have a series of simple honest questions for you if you don't mind, that have not been answered in any Christian books or websites that I've seen. I will start with a few and add more later.

1. First, don't u feel silly and absurd talking or praying to a God everyday who never talks back? It's like talking to a wall or teddy bear everyday that doesnt reply. Don't you see how silly that looks to people on the outside? And it begs the question: If God is all powerful why cant he talk back like any other person? even a cat can meow back at least, and a dog can bark back. So how can an all powerful God be totally silent and never talk back? It's very silly if u think about it. Even talking to a plant makes more sense because at least u can see and touch a plant, unlike you God. Plus studies show that plants do respond to emotions and music.
This is a false premise. Many Christians do at times perceive God speaking or communicating with us. It can be words, dreams, visions, or sensing particular direction through the scriptures. I've gotten words to pray for with people and prayed about specific details I didn't know about. I've seen a lot of specific prophecies and things along those lines. I've also had dreams that helped direct me in my career and probably helped set in place my first move abroad. I went back overseas instead of exploring another career opportunity after having a dream about the people I'd be doing it with. I've had a few visions of the 'picture-in-the-mind variety rather than the 3-D panorama where you can feel, smell, and taste sort of experience.

There are also answered prayers, sometimes really specific. I was unemployed and getting ready to move. I was at a prayer meeting, and I said... in my heart... that I wished someone would give me $400. Maybe an hour or so later, someone handed me $400. I've had other specific prayers like that answered rather specifically.
I know some people claim to talk to God and hear his voice. However most Christians do not claim that as you know.
You don't make the rules for God, and you have no right to.

3. Another simple question. If God or the creator of this world is smart enough to design something super complex like the human body anatomy, human DNA, the earth and cosmos, the harmony of the four seasons, etc, which are all vastly more complex than any supercomputer designed by man, then WHY can't he write the Bible or "his word" himself, without asking a third party of anonymous writers to do it for him??? If u were God wouldn't you write your own book or word yourself? Especially if it was very important and you didnt want any mistakes or editing? Of course you would! What kind of author asks other people to write their book for them? Especially if they are all powerful and all knowing and not handicapped or disabled???!!! It makes ZERO sense! Think about it. It simply makes no sense whatsoever, like everything else in Christianity.
This isn't a real objection to anything. You just don't like the way things are. You don't like the US. You don't like Taiwan. You don't like the way God is. So what? It's not proof or evidence of anything.

God did write what are popularly known as the Ten Commandments, by the way, and He sent His Son.

God is also the King, and He has people and entities do stuff for Him instead of doing everything by Himself, allowing His created beings an opportunity to participate. He has angels do certain things, humans do certain things, etc.
Last edited by MrMan on May 26th, 2022, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 8:50 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 8:38 am
Also Yahweh was absent when Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent. Where was he?
If we are taking Yahweh to be the creator God, then the physical manifestation of him in the OT would presumably be humanoid incarnations in the manner of Jesus. They were presumably somewhere else in the same way any anyone can be somewhere else.
What scriptures do you have in mind, specifically?

A psalmist wrote about not being able to escape God's Spirit if he were to go to heaven or to the depths. But the Bible also speaks of God having a throne? So theologians come up with various terms like this. One I've heard is 'manifest presence.'

You aren't God and you do not comprehend what it is to be that kind of Being.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 11:01 am
God did write what are popularly known as the Ten Commandments, by the way, and He sent His Son.
That's a new one. The Bible said He dictated them to Moses.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

^ Other than various successful societies spanning thousands of years, including those responsible for almost all inventions and scientific discoveries.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 12:51 pm
MrMan wrote:
Exodus 31:18
And he gave to Moses, when he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
(ESV)

Then Moses goes down, sees the golden calf incident, throws the tablets down, they are broken, and he has to rewrite them himself.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 9:05 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
You could imagine something like a screenwriter writing himself as a character into his own movie. The screenwriter stands outside the timeline of the movie. His character is where he is placed within the movie. You wouldn't expect wrapping your head around such concepts to be easy.
In Hinduism, Brahma is one god and the many other deities are emanations of Brahma. So Hindus are both monotheist and polytheist at the same time. In Gnosticism, there is the concept of the monad or pleroma, and the deities are just emanations of it I think. Think of it like this: Your body organs are not the whole body, but they are part of the body?

The thing is, if God is everything, then he is everything and nothing at the same time, both opposites. This means he is in both opposites of good and evil as well. Without evil, there would nothing to compare good with, so good would not exist either and could not be experienced. That's what Hermeticism teaches too. So for good to exist, it's opposite would have to exist. That's why God has to be in all opposites, including good and evil, nothing and everything, etc. That's how I understand it. It's a brain twister, but it makes sense if you think about it deeply with your intuition or gut feeling, or third eye or sixth sense or whatever.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some more questions. This one is the most simple and obvious question. You gotta wonder why Christian apologists don't address it.

13. What makes Christianity the ultimate truth or only truth? How do you know its true? Just because it says so? And why is it the ONLY truth? Because it says so? I think deep down, you don't know. To you, it's simply true because it is true. When I ask Mormon missionaries this question, they are stumped too, as if they were never trained to deal with such a simple question. To them, it's true because it's true, and that's that. It's the "word of God' so you can't question it.

I think deep down, the real reason you think it's true is because somehow, it resonates with your soul or inner feeling. It "feels right" so to speak, or it matches your projection of what you like to believe. Perhaps it reflects your personality, because people who are narrow, dogmatic, judgmental, and authoritarian, tend to be attraced to Christianity because it reflects those traits. That's fine, but the thing is: How come it doesn't resonate with everyone? It's not because non-believers are blind or bad people who want to live in sin. Many people are very warm, loving, and kind, yet do not resonate with Christianity. For example, Buddhists and New Agers believe in goodness and kindness, yet they do not resonate with your Christian gospel. Why? If it's the only truth or ultimate truth, then shouldn't everyone resonate with it? Or at least most people? If there is only one universal truth, then everyone should resonate with it, or at least most people should.

I know Christian apologists have justifications such as "the Bible contains fulfilled prophecies" or "Jesus rose from the dead" etc. But these are just excuses, not the core causes. No one converts to Christianity just because some alleged Bible prophecies in one book were fulfilled in another. Come on. Get real. Those are just excuses used to justify an already existing belief. Once the desire to believe is there, then little things like "fulfilled prophecies" or "Jesus rising from the dead" are just excuses used to justify what one wants to believe. You begin fishing for things to support your belief, in other words, which is human nature.

14. Here's another thing you probably never thought about. Even if the God of the Bible exists and he did in fact inspire men to write the whole Bible, every word of it, still there's no reason why he has to be the ONLY God or the HIGHEST God or perfect or even all good. There's no logical basis or law that says that there has to be only one God. So there's no basis to monotheism. If you look at nature, there are multiples of everything - stars, planets, galaxies, etc. So why does there have to be only one God? There's no logical law that says there has to be only one God. So the belief that "monotheism must be the only truth" is without basis and is only there because it's part of your religious culture, probably because it's easier to control people under monotheism than polytheism.

Eastern religions believe in many deities, and Gnosticism says the Bible God is a mid-level God or Demiurge that runs physical matter, but not the world of spirit, nor is he the highest God. So there's no reason to believe that even if your God exists, that he must be the highest God of the universe either. It's just what Christians assume because that's what they want to believe. Not necessarily because it's true. They are dogmatists, not freethinkers, and they are also narrow minded and authoritarian too. Hence they project and assume that because they are literalists, dogmatists, and narrow minded, that God must be the same as them.

And of course, looking at this corrupt world which is full of injustice, suffering, and enslavement, there is definitely no reason to believe that our creator must be perfect either of course. Looking at this world, one can see countless reasons why our creator is imperfect, and ZERO reasons for his alleged perfection (other than "the church/religion says so"). I know you like to blame Adam and Eve for everything, it's the only copout you have, but it doesn't hold water and deep down you know it. Furthermore, anyone can look at the Old Testament and see that the God there is not perfect at all, but highly vindictive, judgmental, cruel, has a bad temper, unjust, violent, etc. Definitely not perfect at all, even if he claimed to be, it doesn't make it true. Anyone can claim anything and authority is NOT always right, that's what Christians don't get. So even if the Bible God exists, it doesnt mean he's right about everything just because he's above us. That's like saying that because a tiger is higher on the food chain than a rabbit, that the tiger must be infallible and right about everything. It doesn't hold water or make sense. Authority or power can be wrong and imperfect too. Christians never think about this. Because they are dogmatists, not thinkers. In their minds, "It must be true, therefore it is."

In fact, if you think about it, it makes more sense for God to be imperfect, because if God fragmented himself into countless pieces to form all living things, then he would want whatever returns back to him to be improved upon. In other words, he would want whatever came back to him to be better than it originally was, so he could improve himself so to speak. Why else would he bother creating us, unless he hoped to get something better back? That sort of makes sense if you think about it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 12:51 pm
MrMan wrote:
Didn't you see the movie "The Ten Commandments"? When Moses got to the top of Mt. Sinai, God appeared as a pillar of fire and used fire to inscibe the Ten Commandments onto tablets. Remember? Every child in Sunday School learns that. Come on. Moses then went down and saw his people worshipping a golden calf and going wild. So he threw away the tablets or something. But somehow got them back and the commandments were etched in stone, literally.

However, I'm talking about the whole Bible, not just the Ten Commandments. If they were written by men, then they are fallible, and the word of men, even if God inspired them. Nothing is perfect and authority is not always right. That's what Christians don't get.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2022, 1:35 am

Dear all Christians:

I have a series of simple honest questions for you if you don't mind, that have not been answered in any Christian books or websites that I've seen. I will start with a few and add more later.

1. First, don't u feel silly and absurd talking or praying to a God everyday who never talks back? It's like talking to a wall or teddy bear everyday that doesnt reply. Don't you see how silly that looks to people on the outside? And it begs the question: If God is all powerful why cant he talk back like any other person? even a cat can meow back at least, and a dog can bark back. So how can an all powerful God be totally silent and never talk back? It's very silly if u think about it. Even talking to a plant makes more sense because at least u can see and touch a plant, unlike you God. Plus studies show that plants do respond to emotions and music.
This is a false premise. Many Christians do at times perceive God speaking or communicating with us. It can be words, dreams, visions, or sensing particular direction through the scriptures. I've gotten words to pray for with people and prayed about specific details I didn't know about. I've seen a lot of specific prophecies and things along those lines. I've also had dreams that helped direct me in my career and probably helped set in place my first move abroad. I went back overseas instead of exploring another career opportunity after having a dream about the people I'd be doing it with. I've had a few visions of the 'picture-in-the-mind variety rather than the 3-D panorama where you can feel, smell, and taste sort of experience.

There are also answered prayers, sometimes really specific. I was unemployed and getting ready to move. I was at a prayer meeting, and I said... in my heart... that I wished someone would give me $400. Maybe an hour or so later, someone handed me $400. I've had other specific prayers like that answered rather specifically.
I know some people claim to talk to God and hear his voice. However most Christians do not claim that as you know.
You don't make the rules for God, and you have no right to.
3. Another simple question. If God or the creator of this world is smart enough to design something super complex like the human body anatomy, human DNA, the earth and cosmos, the harmony of the four seasons, etc, which are all vastly more complex than any supercomputer designed by man, then WHY can't he write the Bible or "his word" himself, without asking a third party of anonymous writers to do it for him??? If u were God wouldn't you write your own book or word yourself? Especially if it was very important and you didnt want any mistakes or editing? Of course you would! What kind of author asks other people to write their book for them? Especially if they are all powerful and all knowing and not handicapped or disabled???!!! It makes ZERO sense! Think about it. It simply makes no sense whatsoever, like everything else in Christianity.
This isn't a real objection to anything. You just don't like the way things are. You don't like the US. You don't like Taiwan. You don't like the way God is. So what? It's not proof or evidence of anything.

God is also the King, and He has people and entities do stuff for Him instead of doing everything by Himself, allowing His created beings an opportunity to participate. He has angels do certain things, humans do certain things, etc.
I agree with you that there are many amazing accounts of answered prayer, and supernatural healing miracles too. I've witnessed a few myself. This means that some "power or force" works behind Christianity it seems. But it doesn't mean that everything in the Bible or Christian doctrine must be true right? Again, why can't God speak to you like a normal person can? Especially if he's all powerful? It doesn't make sense if you think about it. Using dreams, signs, omens, visions, intuition, etc is subjective and could be anything, including your own psychic abilities or untapped powers of your own mind. It's nebulous, do you see what I mean? A personal being should be able to talk to you personally. How can Jesus be your friend if he doesn't speak to you clearly and directly like a reason person? And even if he could, how could he be talking to many people all at once? Couldn't it be your higher self or spirit guide or guardian angel talking to you? Or your subconscious mind?

Even if God inscribed the tablets of the Ten Commandments with fire, like in the Exodus story, what about the rest of the Bible? Why would he need men to write it for him? What kind of all powerful person needs someone to write their book for them? Why couldn't they write it themselves? Doesn't that mean their power is limited and cannot do such things? Maybe God isn't as poweful as you imagine? There seems to be limits to what he can do. How come he isn't as powerful as Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation who can manifest anything at once? Q does not need angels or helpers to do anything for him. He just snaps his fingers, and it's done.

None of this makes sense if you think about it. Again, if your parents asked a third party to write a letter to you, wouldn't you find it odd and shady? Wouldn't that be a red flag? Would you trust that? I asked this question above in the first post. Obviously it would be shady and suspicious. So why don't you feel the same about God needing third party people to write "his word" to you? Think about it. Where is your consistency?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Next question:

15. If you think about it, God probably isn't all that powerful like you Christians imagine. The reason is simple: If a God needs people to write his books for him and cannot write the Bible himself, then he cannot be that powerful. He only wants you to THINK he is so you will serve him and let him use you. If he needs PEOPLE to do his work for him, then he is dependent on people, like a parasite dependent on hosts to do its bidding and spread its religion. After all, why would an all powerful God without limits NEED people to believe in him and convert to his religion, like a virus needs new hosts? It doesn't make sense if you think about it.

If you look up the science of memes and memetics, it says that beliefs and ideas are like viruses. Once they infect people, they try to spread like viruses do. That's why people feel a need to spread their beliefs and convert others, especially Christians. They think they are trying to "save souls" but in reality they are trying to spread their memes because they are like viruses that have infected them and need to infect more hosts, because that's what viruses do. However, those of eastern religions like Buddhists or Hindus do not seem to have the need to convert others, so perhaps their religions are more holistic and natural, so they are not like memes or viruses that seek to spread?

Same with the "Law of One" New Age books. If 6th dimensional spiritual ascended masters cannot write books themselves without asking people to write it for them via "channeling", then these spiritual masters cannot be all powerful and need people to do their work for them. Or at least they have limits in what they can do. They are not like Q in Star Trek: The Next Generation who can manifest anything at any time out of nothing. So deities in real life appear to have severe limits, unlike the powerful characters in Star Trek and other fiction shows.

In fact, the Christian God it seems, cannot even violate the laws of physics, only bend them. Because even in the case of documented miracles or answered prayers, there are limits. For example, God may reverse cancer or heal broken bones or eliminate a disease, but he cannot regrow a limb or do something drastic that involves changing the structure of matter, like powerful beings do in sci fi or fantasy shows, such as the Firestorm character in the Superfriends cartoons. So even divine miracles appear to have severe limits. Not all powerful as Christians assume. This means that it's not true that "God can do anything" as Christians claim.

I would further posit that the reason why God can't simply heal every sick child (as asked in the movie "Miracles from Heaven") is the same reason why a casino cannot let everyone win the jackpot. The resources are limited and the casino would be broke if it allowed everyone to win. But it has to allow some people to win of course to keep the dream alive and make the system look real, othewise no one would believe in it. Likewise, religion has to produce some miracles to keep believers in the fold, so they can be parasited off since we are all batteries in a loosh farm anyway. If true, then this of course means the forces behind Christianity have limited resources and need us to provide energy to their egregore or system. It's all about control and manipulation. And of course every religion has to give you some spiritual truth, or else no one would be drawn in.

If you were lost in a forest for example, and asked the Christian God for help because you have pledged yourself to him, he may send some rescuer to find you and guide that person to you so you can be rescued. But he cannot simply teleport you to safety like the Star Trek transporters could do. That seems beyond his capability. Hence he cannot be all powerful as Christians presume.

So you see, it seems that God is merely a force in the universe, like electricity or energy, which is what Pantheists, Hindus, and ancient esoteric Mystery Schools say. Even Einstein said that God was like a force in the universe, not a personable entity. Regardless, even if God is an entity, he does not appear to be an all powerful deity who can do anything like Christians imagine. Real deities seem to have to work within the natural laws of physics. They cannot do whatever they want. Hence, they are merely natural forces that can help you or influence people and events, but cannot do anything without limits, like religious people imagine. Perhaps they get off on making people like Christians think they are all powerful, in order to control them and feed off them, when in actuality they are not all powerful.

All this makes sense if you think about it for a while and use basic logic. What do you all think?

This is good news in a way, because it means that you don't need to fear the gods or deities, including the negative ones, that much, because they are nowhere as powerful as you imagine and are restricted by divine laws themselves, so they cannot just do whatever they want. Hence their power is kept in check and balance too, so that none of the deities, including the Christian one, can abuse its power.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
May 26th, 2022, 9:16 pm
I agree with you that there are many amazing accounts of answered prayer, and supernatural healing miracles too. I've witnessed a few myself. This means that some "power or force" works behind Christianity it seems.
Did you witness Christian miracles and answers to prayer... and then go off into other religions and New Age because the teacher moved you away from your friend in class?
But it doesn't mean that everything in the Bible or Christian doctrine must be true right? Again, why can't God speak to you like a normal person can? Especially if he's all powerful? It doesn't make sense if you think about it. Using dreams, signs, omens, visions, intuition, etc is subjective and could be anything, including your own psychic abilities or untapped powers of your own mind.
At some point, a man has to trust God. Of course, God works in one's heart, revealing the Son, and faith also comes from God.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Maybe you should focus on the word of God instead of all this New Agey stuff and every alternative explanation of reality that blows through YouTube.
Even if God inscribed the tablets of the Ten Commandments with fire, like in the Exodus story, what about the rest of the Bible?
I recall finger of God from Exodus. I haven't seen that Charleton Heston movie in a long time, but I think it was with fire in the movie.
Why would he need men to write it for him? What kind of all powerful person needs someone to write their book for them? Why couldn't they write it themselves? Doesn't that mean their power is limited and cannot do such things? Maybe God isn't as poweful as you imagine? There seems to be limits to what he can do. How come he isn't as powerful as Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation who can manifest anything at once? Q does not need angels or helpers to do anything for him. He just snaps his fingers, and it's done.
God does not have to do things they way you want. He doesn't have to jump through your hoops to prove His power. He does have created beings work to accomplish His purposes, be they angels or human beings. That is how He has chosen to do many things. He can do things by Himself as He chooses. Since He is God, He gets to decide things like that.
None of this makes sense if you think about it. Again, if your parents asked a third party to write a letter to you, wouldn't you find it odd and shady? Wouldn't that be a red flag? Would you trust that? I asked this question above in the first post. Obviously it would be shady and suspicious. So why don't you feel the same about God needing third party people to write "his word" to you? Think about it. Where is your consistency?
Again, if God doesn't jump through your hoops, that doesn't prove anything, except that God doesn't do things they way you think He should.